Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Dawn Of An Era - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dawn Of An Era (2122 Views)

Dawn Of The Prophecy( 1st Episode Of The Movie) / The Dawn Of An Alpha / Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dawn Of An Era by veekid(m): 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
EVarn:
mynd44,pamelB,beezyblaze,jaiyejina,theimmie,kumalayer,Thobilobah,veekid,iAreMozelle,GentleNaaz,DannyJ19,keryj,emtebe,deebarbie,KvngBlaze,rossyV226,repogirl

I just hope this worth reading
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
veekid:

I just hope this worth reading
Read and rate. Your comments and criticism,if any,will be addressed after you read.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
valley of thorns

The sun was high in the sky,a gentle breeze ruffled through the marching legion of infantry,sending the raised banners and flags fluttering in the air.As the long columns of army marched across the dry valley,a heavy cloud of dust rose up in their wake.
Guth D'anzzaini,grand vizier of Anuria and Lord Duke of Rotenhard,rode on a pale horse and watched as his advance troop marched ahead several yards away.The duke of rotenhard was a man in his 47th cycle,with pale silvery hair and vivid cerulean eyes like that of his brother.But that was where the resemblance ended,while the emperor had a cold and harsh demeanor,his brother on the other hand had warm eyes and a benign countenance.
At his side rode a young man in red presbyter regalia,his head of ebony curls was crowned with the glistening silver wreath-like coronet of a presbyter.
The sound of the marching army vibrated through the desolate valley,as well as the resounding clatter of horse hooves.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
"Your honour,I have received a missive from His grace the high priest,summoning me to a council of presbyters in perth",the young presbyter announced,breaking the silence
"ah..my dear presbyter conibus",the grand vizier replied genially,"it is a good thing then that we are headed to perth"
Young Conibus turned to give the grand vizier a hard stare,"You honour - "
" - for vogor sake conibus,I tire of that title",Guth interrupted
" - you are yet to reveal the purpose behind our rather hasty picnic to perth",conibus smoothly continued as if he was never interrupted.He absently patted his horse,the golden signet of office on the middle-finger of his right hand flashing in the bright noon.
The grand vizier's eyes widened in mock surprise,"why,to pay homage to my beloved brother of course!",he said,then chuckled in amusement.
A white dove fluttled down and settled on the vizier's shoulder,pecking softly at his hair.From the dove's feet dangled a missive,which was gently removed and quickly read by the vizier.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by Ultimategeneral: 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
the names in this story is hard to pronouce. Any ways keep it up
Re: Dawn Of An Era by PamelB(f): 10:52am On Jul 29, 2016
EVarn:
mynd44,pamelB,beezyblaze,jaiyejina,theimmie,kumalayer,Thobilobah,veekid,iAreMozelle,GentleNaaz,DannyJ19,keryj,emtebe,deebarbie,KvngBlaze,rossyV226,repogirl
following.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
I want the apologize to all the followers of this story for the extremely slow updates; my device got a problem the day before yesterday.I will however ensure that I continue updating at intervals.
Please bear with me.Thanks.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by Ultimategeneral: 6:50am On Aug 03, 2016
[quote author=EVarn post=48131893]I want the apologize to all the followers of this story for the extremely slow updates; my device got a problem the day before yesterday.I will however ensure that I continue updating at intervals.
Please bear with me.Thanks.[/quote
no qualms solidly behind u. Sorry for that bro
alright hope we can have an update tonight?
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
[quote author=Ultimategeneral post=48136708][/quote]yep.thanks for your understanding.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by Emanuel1997: 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
EVarn:
I want the apologize to all the followers of this story for the extremely slow updates; my device got a problem the day before yesterday.I will however ensure that I continue updating at intervals.
Please bear with me.Thanks.
Op am following your story bumper to bumper, but it would be better if you reduce the amount of space you give before starting the story to like two or three, the space you put in between is too much.
Re: Dawn Of An Era by EVarn(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Conibus watched from his rocking saddle as the grand vizier read the missive.He gave the letter a discreet glance but saw no seal or markings that would give away the identity of the sender.With an irritated sigh,he settled for arranging his red cloak and patting his tired horse.
After a few moments of surveying the message,Guth folded and tucked it up his sleeve,the corner of his mouth crinkled into a smile,a very dangerous smile indeed.
"It appears that my nephew is about to wed", Guth piped in a merry tone," and to the princess of Galbonia,my brother is a sly demon" he added and chuckled as if he had just made a big joke.
Conibus narrowed his eyes suspiciously; he was the 4th male child of the noble bloodline of Lamond,his father being the governor of bellon under the authority of duke kassius bellonius,or kassius the mighty as he was popularly called.He had joined the tower beliza at the young age of 13 and taken the vow of celibacy to serve as a priest of the Faith.His rise had been swift and ruthless;he had rose to become an ordinal at the age of 17,a high-ordinal at 19,and then a presbyter two years later.If many of his immediate superiors in the Faith had met mysterious unfortunate accidents,well,he knew nothing about that,and that was that.Then again,he didn't rise so fast in rank of the Faith by being negligent,he could sense a vicious under-tone in the way the grand vizier chuckled,he knew the man was dangerous behind behind the mask of benign joviality,the smiling face and sparkling eyes were just a charade masking the ruthless beast underneath,and he saw through it.
"You have spies in the emperor's court", it was not a question,just a statement of fact.Guth had known young Conibus for two years,and he knew the man loved politics almost as much as he loved sleeping with men,celibacy be damned.Of course,that was their little secret.
" every courtesan worth his gold has spies in court,you know this dear friend"
"A close confidant of the emperor", the presbyter continued
Damn!,the boy was too smart,and Guth tended to forget that fact too often.It wouldn't do to underestimate even your own allies.Guth suddenly felt an overwhelming urge to stick his sword into the Presbyter's guts,but then again,he remembered that he liked young Conibus too much for that,the red garbed man was one of his most resourceful allies.And he was certain he needed all the allies he could scrape together for his plans.
"What can I say,I have friends in high places",Guth replied with an hearty laugh,he then turned to his retainer who was saddled on a grey bay a few feet's behind them," call the halt,we rest here",he glanced at the dusky sky,already,a sprinkling of stars were emerging.
"Tomorrow,we march into perth ",Guth murmured," my dear brother would be ready to receive us",he gave another of his unnerving chuckles.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me / They Were Four...dedicated To The Four Uniport Students Killed In Aluu...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.