Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,666 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry (12945 Views)

Igbo And Yoruba Share The Same Ancestors / Lost In Translation: English And Yoruba / Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
How can we put an end to the incessant e-fights and supremacy battles between this two southern tribes?

I think it's time to make peace so we can unite and take over the leadership of this country. The north keeps dominating the south politically because they are united and they exploit the divisions in the south for their political benefits. Let's sheath our swords and embrace peace.

Yoruba and igbo rivalry on Nairaland ends today

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by 36xtr39r: 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
Igbos are comfortable being left alone.
Igbos don't need Yorubas and their cotravellers to achieve their nationhood.

Yorubas should mind their business and get focused on consolidating OduaArewanistan republic. They should stop propagating lies and falsehood, and trying in vain to quench the call for self-determination by Igbos. It's pathetic the manner they go about shamelessly earning a living on pay-per-post basis on another's quest for nationhood.

Many Igbos don't want to share a country with Yorubas and their cotravellers anymore and yet confused bigots keep creating unnecessary attentions for themselves on the internet that the same Igbos want them. Their miserable selves think in so doing they can blackmail the Igbo Nation to stay put in this cesspit.

It's only a confused people who think they can maintain 'One Nigeria' with their fowl, smelly mouths.

Yorubas have boxed themselves into a tight corner and are now desperately looking for whom to pour their frustrations on by opening silly threads upon threads against the Igbo Nation. 

Yorubas and their cotravellers should understand that no amount of propaganda and scare-mongering article will stop the inevitable.

Let a 23rd NL rule be enforced prohibiting any insinuations or mention of tribe in any post and let's see which tribe will be the most pained and bitter.

29 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
36xtr39r:
I

Divided we fall, United we stand. Been left alone is why the igbos have been unable to produce a president all this while. If the east unite with the yoruba's, we can break the political monopoly of the north to our advantage. Igbos need yoruba's and vice versa
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by CSTR12: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:

Divided we fall, United we stand. Been left alone is why the igbos have been unable to produce a president all this while. If the east unite with the yoruba's, we can break the political monopoly of the north to our advantage. Igbos need yoruba's and vice versa
The last time i checked your people are in alliance with the north.
So what exactly are you trying to break? I have read on this forum many times from our resident pseudo-sophisticates , laughable and historically untrue as it is, that northerners are the most trustworthy folks in terms of leadership.
And then i begin to wonder why Nigeria still a 5th world nation given the fact that these ''trustworthy'' people have dominated politics since i can remember and have churned out some of the most gluttonous african leaders in history embezzling and wasting billions and billions of dollars and pounds of oil revenues.
Madness and stupidity is what characterizes many Nigerians.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by HydrogenForest: 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:
How can we put an end to the incessant e-fights and supremacy battles between this two southern tribes?

I think it's time to make peace so we can unite and take over the leadership of this country. The north keeps dominating the south politically because they are united and they exploit the divisions in the south for their political benefits. Let's sheath our swords and embrace peace.

Yoruba and igbo rivalry on Nairaland ends today

Are you not the one that said that Yorubas should apologise for refusing grazing bill?

You said that Yorubas should gather and apologise to the fulani over the grazing bill issue.

You asked Yorubas to offer the SW as large grazing field for fulani cattle.

You are not the one to broker any peace, abeg swerve.

If you are truly Yoruba then you are a big shame to them.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by castrogee(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
There's no Igbo-Yoruba rivalry anything. The fact is that we igbos don't like the Yorubas and we hate associating with them. To us we see Afonjas as nothing but some lazy nitwits. I just told you the whole truth, don't let anybody deceive you!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
36xtr39r:
Igbos don't need Yorubas and their cotravellers to achieve their nationhood.

Yorubas should mind their business and get focused on consolidating OduaArewanistan republic. They should stop propagating lies and falsehood, and trying in vain to quench the call for self-determination by Igbos. It's pathetic the manner they go about shameless earning a living on pay-per-post basis on another's quest for nationhood.

Many Igbos don't want to share a country with Yorubas and their cotravellers anymore and yet confused bigots keep creating unnecessary attentions for themselves on the internet that the same Igbos want them. They miserable selves think in so doing they can blackmail the Igbo Nation to stay put in this cesspit.

It's only a confused people who think they can maintain 'One Nigeria' with their fowl, smelly mouths.

Yorubas have boxed themselves into a tight corner and are now desperately looking for whom to pour their frustrations on by opening silly threads upon threads against the Igbo Nation. 

Yorubas and their cotravellers should understand that no amount of propaganda and scare-mongering article will stop the inevitable.

[b]Let a 23rd NL rule be enforced prohibiting any insinuations or mention of tribe in any post and let's see which tribe will be most pained and bitter.

What do u mean by the bolded? If u have nothing reasonable to contribute why not ignore this thread for sane minds? Who is battling anyone for supremacy and who the hell made you the mouth piece of the Igbo's? Majority of Igbo's are ready to remain in Nigeria and thats why we need to unite in the south to make the igbo presidency a reality. Doing this will heal the wounds of the civil war and the igbo nation will have a sense of belonging once more. This is what we hope to achieve by uniting the south to break the northern domination and here you are wallowing in ignorance
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by CSTR12: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
Btw, it is indeed noteworthy that none of the igbo military leaders that became heads of state or power brokers of the 60s, 70s and 80s have been said to embezzle or loot public funds like their IBB, abacha, buhari counterparts. None of them allocated oil blocs to themselves, their wives, girlfriends and friends like their northern colleagues.
Even Nnamdi azikiwe that created Nigeria has no record of financial impropriety given the huge license he had then to steal and enrich himself, and then,ojukwu the military head of the oil rich eastern region had no oil bloc or linked to any illegal or corrupt sharing of oil blocs.
When Nigerians begin to ponder issues deeply, that country would begin to move forward.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by babyfaceafrica: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
OP....I will say and keep saying ,this NL rabblings by both tribes is a mirage.They do business daily with each oda,date each oda,nack each oda and get married on weekends nairaland is used to measure real life ,you will be misled my bro.I just come here to enjoy myself when they throw tantrums at each oda.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
CSTR12:
The last time i checked your people are in alliance with the north.
So what exactly are you trying to break? I have read on this forum many times from our resident pseudo-sophisticates , laughable and historically untrue as it is, that northerners are the most trustworthy folks in terms of leadership.
And then i begin to wonder why Nigeria still a 5th world nation given the fact that these ''trustworthy'' people have dominated politics since i can remember and have churned out some of the most gluttonous african leaders in history embezzling and wasting billions and billions of dollars and pounds of oil revenues.
Madness and stupidity is what characterizes many Nigerians.

We are not in any alliance with the north. We voted for whom we deemed capable just like we did in 2011 when GEJ ran for president. We supported him and his woeful performance made us choose buhari who is also not immune to rejection once he fails. The objective of this thread is to unite the south so the north won't exploit our differences for their political gain. Unfortunately, majority of your tribesmen are still living in the past

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
HydrogenForest:

Are you not the one that said that Yorubas should apologise for refusing grazing bill?

You said that Yorubas should gather and apologise to the fulani over the grazing bill issue.

You asked Yorubas to offer the SW as large grazing field for fulani cattle.

You are not the one to broker any peace, abeg swerve.

If you are truly Yoruba then you are a big shame to them.

You are a bigot. What has this got to do with fulani herdsmen? We are talking of making peace between the Igbo's and Yoruba you are talking cattles. Swerve
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
castrogee:
There's no Igbo-Yoruba rivalry anything. The fact is that we igbos don't like the Yorubas and we hate associating with them. To us we see Afonjas as nothing but some lazy nitwits. I just told you the whole truth, don't let anybody deceive you!

How many Ekenedili Chukwu buses landed in Lagos today? And you still don't want to have anything to do with them?
What if you want to have something to do with them? Your entire village will be on their way to Yorubaland?

11 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by CSTR12: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
OP....I will say and keep saying ,this NL rabblings by both tribes is a mirage.They do business daily with each oda,date each oda,nack each oda and get married on weekends nairaland is used to measure real life ,you will be misled my bro.I just come here to enjoy myself when they throw tantrums at each oda.
How has the inter-marriage and inter-business relationship helped both parties ?
Where it matters the most is politics. That is where whole destinies are decided , and that is where the disagreement is.
Marriage , business or whatever is irrelevant and fickle.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
castrogee:

This is why you people will remain politically irrelevant if you don't have a change of mind. It took buhari yoruba's intervention to make him president after 3 tries. Yoruba's supported GEJ when Turai and the northern oligarchs refused to swear him in. Underestimate the influence of the yoruba's at your own peril. No need for name calling, we are here to make peace

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by castrogee(m): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:

I don't know how many times we will hammer dis message into you people's skull. De last thing on the mind of an Igbo man is the presidency. Igbos by nature could care less about politics, we are gifted in business, hard work and intelligence, these alone are more than enough for us. What we care now is getting our Biafra which as things stand now we are etching closer it. We are heterogenous in all its leanings, we have a mono religious background, we've a definite geography, we've a range of fundamental beliefs like the sanctity of life, we believe in one man one wife, i.e. We practice monogamy, so what in the world do we need an aliance with the Yorubas whom according to our judgement are the most confused tribe in the world.

The Yorubas are neither Christians nor Muslims, they are neither polygamous nor monogamous, they are always divided - you can check their voting patterns to understand what I mean. To be honest I see no reason why an Igbo man will ever dream of having anything remotely to do with Afonjas.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by CSTR12: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:

This is why you people will remain politically irrelevant if you don't have a change of mind. It took buhari yoruba's intervention to make him president after 3 tries. Yoruba's supported GEJ when Turai and the northern oligarchs refused to swear him in. Underestimate the influence of the yoruba's at your own peril. No need for name calling, we are here to make peace
No, it took a northern unity and fanaticism to make buhari president.
The north was not united in buhari's earlier trials.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
CSTR12:
Btw, it is indeed noteworthy that none of the igbo military leaders that became heads of state or power brokers of the 60s, 70s and 80s have been said to embezzle or loot public funds like their IBB, abacha, buhari counterparts. None of them allocated oil blocs to themselves, their wives, girlfriends and friends like their northern colleagues.
Even Nnamdi azikiwe that created Nigeria has no record of financial impropriety given the huge license he had then to steal and enrich himself, and then,ojukwu the military head of the oil rich eastern region had no oil bloc or linked to any illegal or corrupt sharing of oil blocs.
When Nigerians begin to ponder issues deeply, that country would begin to move forward.

What of ifeanyi ubah who was a beneficiary of the subsidy scam?

What of Olisa metuh?

What of stella oduah?

What of Chuba okadigbo who bought sallah rams for 75million naira?

What of so many igbo leaders who have been indicted in so many corruption cases?

You live in a glass house so stop throwing stones
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Emancipation: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

This is a lie that delusional and deniers of reality peddle online to continue false unity. Yorubas and igbos don't like each other. They smile to each other on the streets but nairaland gives them the opportunity to say their mind on how they truly feel. I believe what Yorubas say on nairaland than the fake smile I get from them on the streets.

In 2011 when post election violence started, Yorubas on nairaland were cheering that igbos were being killed in the north. When the list of dead people came out and they saw fellow Yoruba names, they became numb.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

We can enlighten the Igbo's on how to embrace peace. And that is my sole objective
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
[s]
castrogee:

I don't know how many times we will hammer dis message into you people's skull. De last thing on the mind of an Igbo man is the presidency. Igbos by nature could care less about politics, we are gifted in business, hard work and intelligence, these alone are more than enough for us. What we care now is getting our Biafra which as things stand now we are etching closer it. We are heterogenous in all its leanings, we have a mono religious background, we've a definite geography, we've a range of fundamental beliefs like the sanctity of life, we believe in one man one wife, i.e. We practice monogamy, so what in the world do we need an aliance with the Yorubas whom according to our judgement are the most confused tribe in the world.

The Yorubas are neither Christians nor Muslims, they are neither polygamous nor monogamous, they are always divided - you can check their voting patterns to understand what I mean. To be honest I see no reason why an Igbo man will ever dream of having anything remotely to do with Afonjas.
[/s]

You don't care about politics yet your people rant the most when an appointment outside igboland is made by buhari. We are not here to discuss biafra because it's against the rules of the forum. All we need is civility and deliberate on how to unite the south
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
CSTR12:
No, it took a northern unity and fanaticism to make buhari president.
The north was not united in buhari's earlier trials.

You are sleeping on a bicycle grin
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by castrogee(m): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:

I don't need your peace. Pray tell me which area of life is the Yorubas more advanced than the Igbos, is it in the area of academics, science, sports, entertainment or what? Tell me which tribe has represented Nigeria better in all its international arrangement, tell me any notable figure Yorubas have produced which Igbos have not produced ten times over. I repeat we don't need Yorubas for ANYTHING. I hope you get the message and begin to fasten your seat belt.

You people keep overestimating nonsense. I ask you, did Yorubas support obassanjo in his first term? Where did Yorubas support lead abiola? What about Yorubas support for your thin god awolowo, what happened to him? In an election where six tribes participated and only two tribes voted for a particular candidate, tell me how in the world is that candidate going to win. Man stop this nonsense. Not now and not in a million years will the Igbos ever agree to have any sort of partnership with the Yorubas or even the Hausas, and that is because we were never meant to be.

For your information a more powerful organization has taken over the quest for the SE/SS independence, it was inaugurated in the USA, and right now they are trying to raise money to influence the US congress to pressure Nigeria into conducting a referendum for the lower Niger people, so if you thnk we are still debating with IPOB, you better wake up and smell the coffee. You can check them out here: [url]lnc-usa.org[/url]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
CSTR12:
How has the inter-marriage and inter-business relationship helped both parties ?
Where it matters the most is politics. That is where whole destinies are decided , and that is where the disagreement is.

But u just made it clear that igbos are less concerned about politics since you are hard working. Are you confused?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by HydrogenForest: 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:

[s]This is why you people will remain politically irrelevant if you don't have a change of mind. It took buhari yoruba's intervention to make him president after 3 tries. Yoruba's supported GEJ when Turai and the northern oligarchs refused to swear him in. Underestimate the influence of the yoruba's at your own peril. No need for name calling, we are here to make peace[/s]

Yorubas did not do anything special, stop patronising them.

Once the north is united, all they need is help from one region in the south which they got from the Yorubas and buhari became president.

What the Yorubas did for Buhari last year the Igbos did same many years back with Shagari and you will not see us running around shouting 'Sophistication.'

It could have also worked with the SE or SS so park well and stop being delusional.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by babyfaceafrica: 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
CSTR12:
marriage and business is fake?....for you ,not for me...thunder fire politics...who politicians epp?..kip supporting APC and PDP there ,when people are moving forward!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
Cc: omenka, modath, caseless, hagm0nd1, reborn1, hundredhunndred, sukkot, lastpage, telemapreye1, karm16, shamecurls, chukwuibrahim, ruffdiamond, missyadorable, tonychristopher, SonofEli, Xtorses, tonyebarcanista, fulanmafia, faaiz4ever, swagaholic, frehage, joshalpha, repogirl, timilehin007, joeekuns, Enahi, Goodboiyy, IzonOwei, Talktimi, dearpreye, royal231, lykopeeee, mineandurs, easternactivist, zuchyblink, queencalipso, macluvph1, Gext, efosasere, dtruth3
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by babyfaceafrica: 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
Emancipation:

This is a lie that delusional and deniers of reality peddle online to continue false unity. Yorubas and igbos don't like each other. They smile to each other on the streets but nairaland gives them the opportunity to say their mind on how they truly feel. I believe what Yorubas say on nairaland than the fake smile I get from them on the streets.

In 2011 when post election violence started, Yorubas on nairaland were cheering that igbos were being killed in the north. When the list of dead people came out and they saw fellow Yoruba names, they became numb.
oga there is more to life than politics....

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Emancipation: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
castrogee:

It feels like there is a curse on that presidency.

What did obasanjo do for Yorubas? Are they first world region?
What did Jonathan do for the ijaw said and Niger deltAns?
What have northern presidency done for the north? The north is still the most backward region in Africa.

There is a curse on that presidency

12 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
Emancipation:

No yoruba man will cheer the death of an igbo. We are not wild animals. Stop peddling lies
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by CSTR12: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:

What of ifeanyi ubah who was a beneficiary of the subsidy scam?

What of Olisa metuh?

What of stella oduah?

What of Chuba okadigbo who bought sallah rams for 75million naira?

What of so many igbo leaders who have been indicted in so many corruption cases?

You live in a glass house so stop throwing stones
For every one igbo leader caught , you would get 10 from the other side. That is the irony of the whole matter.
Even under buhari government, igbos have been the least indicted among the three majors tribes with the our fulani trustworthy mafia constituting the largest percentage.
Now, i am not excusing or denying the fact that many igbo people in the corridors of power are corrupt, but sorry, compared to the rest of the bunch they are the least corrupt if we look objectively.
Let us analyze their offenses, okadigbo's 50 rams for 75million(lol), stella oduah's official BMW(Not an actual embezllement btw), and ifeanyi uba who incidentally is not as even as deeply entrenched in the whole scandal as the otedollars and co.
These are crimes agreed,and are inexcusable, but sorry cannot be compared to embezzlement of billions and billions of naira and dollars perpetuated by our fulani mafias and their partners in crimes.
The fulani mafias who eat without remnants are the reason why Nigeria is in trouble today and poverty and improvisherment is on the rise.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by babyfaceafrica: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:

We can enlighten the Igbo's on how to embrace peace. And that is my sole objective
goodluck!!!!!
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry by castrogee(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
joborskill:

You don't care about politics yet your people rant the most when an appointment outside igboland is made by buhari. We are not here to discuss biafra because it's against the rules of the forum. All we need is civility and deliberate on how to unite the south

Mr jack stop talking tripe: we fought a civil war single handedly for almost three years and started all over again with just #20, yet we have rebuilt all our damaged infrastructure, that even the most recent world bank report of 2016 put the poverty index in SE as the lowest In this damned country. So we didn't whine over having lost a civil war it is common appointment which if you check most of them are just for individual aggrandizement - is what we will be bitching about. No one cares about the appointment of Buhari, we only laugh at you guys for being so cheap and being used again by the fulanis as little Tom who never learns anything.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Bantu people descended from the Igbos of Nigeria: / Isi Agu - An Igbo Identity / Aba, Ngwa, Abiriba And Arochuwkwu Are Ancestral Ibibio Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.