Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,173 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Read This Hilarious Demand By A Footballer To His Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Read This Hilarious Demand By A Footballer To His Coach (354 Views)

What Happens When A Footballer Needs To Use The Toilet In The Middle Of A Match? / Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career / Childhood Picture Of Desire Oparanozie As A Footballer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read This Hilarious Demand By A Footballer To His Coach by Ekenev2(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
The 34-year-old Wycombe striker is available for selection as long as Sam Allardyce serves chicken and contacts him with the news via WhatsApp

Adebayo Akinfenwa has told Sam Allardyce he is ready for an England call-up... but only if chicken is served for a pre-match snack.

The 34-year-old striker, who recently joined Wycombe Wanderers, is ready to be England's new saviour "for the last 17 minutes of a game" and partner Andy Carroll up front in a new-look Three Lions squad.

With Wayne Rooney's captaincy up in the air, Akinfenwa's super-sub promise could yet garner more rewards, just as long as 'Big Sam' has his WhatsApp details.

"I'm going to say it out loud: I'm available for England selection if they serve chicken for pre-match [food]," he said at partypoker 's 'Big Bluff' event.

"That's it. Chicken, me. No chicken, no me. That's not arrogant, that's just what I need to eat.
"Sam, big man, listen, hit me up on WhatsApp because I feel, [in the] last 20 or 17 minutes of the game, bring me on, back stick and BAM. Me and Carroll.

"I'm not saying you are long ball, but I'm effective in the last 17 minutes of games. Gareth Ainsworth hit me up on WhatsApp and I signed for him. You could hit me up on WhatsApp, so let's make it happen."
What do you say, Sam?

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/13712/extra-time/2016/07/25/25929192/akinfenwa-wants-england-call-up-on-one-condition

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sport / Rio Olympics 2016: Team USA Gold Medal Winners / Soccer - EPL Manchester United - Southampton (live: 8pm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.