Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Heart Of An Angel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Heart Of An Angel (6905 Views)

Heart Of A Lucifer / DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Heart Of A Broken Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
Good day fams, hope your day was as cool as mine. It is a new week so I want to start your week with my story. Some will think it is beautiful, some will it is unprofessional but whatever you think I appreciate you, you are my inspiration.

Special thanks to every one who read my first work (finding love), this piece is dedicated to you. This is also dedicated to Damola Olaide. Thank you so much.
I hope you enjoy it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
*Heart of an Angel*

The heart of men can never be understood. But who can one ever trust? .

She kept on dragging her bags, Though heavily pregnant, she just kept walking with no destination. She was surprised this is happening to her; at 24 she is pregnant and homeless.
She recalled coming back from the restaurant where she work as a waitress after been sacked from the white collar job, she met an empty house,with a piece note just at the doorstep. She picked it and read through its content:

Dear Bella,
By the time you are reading this, I would have been long gone. You are actually of no use to me anymore, you don't fetch me the money I need anymore and I have to leave for someone who can. God will help you in delivering that bastard you claim to be my child. I am gone forever

Josh

She was still in a state of confusion when she heard a knock on her door
"Good evening ma" she greeted her agent
"I came to collect my keys" the man replied without returning her greetings.
"I don't understand"
"I told your boyfriend to leave this house since you haven't been paying the rent for two months now"
"I personally gave him the money for the rents"
"Well all I know is he has not been paying. And he promised me you guys will move out today"
"No he didn't mean. He can't do that to me"
"You have 30mins to leave or I will have to sue you" he said leaving
She went to where they keep their money and couldn't find anything, that was when it dawned on her that she had been duped and dumped

She kept moving, she just need to find a place to sleep. She has no friend nor family.
She just need to lodge in a cheap hotel, at least, she can afford one for sometime before she gets a new job.
Just as she made a bend into the next junction, she saw a young man holding s short gun with a corpse of a lady; the young man appears to be in his late twenties and a dead lady appeared to have been shot.

She wanted to run but her legs failed her and stood still. The man approach her still holding the pistol in his hand, he looked Cold hearted with murder written all over him. She immediately went on her knees
"I didn't see a thing, I won't tell, I promise, please don't kill me " she said looking all scared
"I am sorry, I don't take chances" he felt sorry for her but he still pulled the trigger.
Has the bullet hit her,she prayed nothing happen to her baby, shut her eyes she felt a sharp pain to her arm and she went black out.
He left feeling fulfilled.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2016
The cops arrived with the paramedics at the scene of the incident with an ambulance.
Officer Mark and his partner officer Tom were assigned to the case. They were both bewildered by the scene in front of them. They found at the scene, a dead lady and a pregnant lady was barely conscious. They Corpse was transferred to the morgue while the woman was rushed to the hospital.
When they got to the hospital the pregnant lady was wheeled into the theater. The officers waited patiently for the doctors. After a while the doctor came out .
"We lost the baby and the lady is in a critical condition" the doctor said
They thanked the doctor and ask him to place the lady under proper care. An officer was left in front of her room.

They got back to the station to give their chief a feedback
"Chief, one of the lady was dead and the other that was pregnant lost her 7months pregnancy and is still in a critical condition". Officer mark said
"Fine, I want it to be published tomorrow that two lives were lost. But don't disclose all the details" he instructed
They were on their way out of his office when he called out to them
"You must bring the murderer to book!"

The moment he left the station, he felt he needed to see the only survivor. So he headed for the hospital. When officer mark got there, he was allowed to see her. Her room was a private ward, the sight that welcomed him sent chills down his spin, he felt pity for her. He looked closely at her and his breath ceased. He felt a connection with her that he couldn't explain, he had an enormous feeling of wanting to protect her. He waited for her to open her eyes, he wanted an assurance that she will be fine.
"Hi, I am officer mark. I am in charge of your case and I promise you that I will bring the killer to book" he said knowing fully well she would her him even in coma.
He stayed behind for a while before eventually deciding to leave
"I will be back tomorrow " He hesitated before adding" I Promise"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart Of An Angel by bibijay123(f): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Interesting! Please keep it coming!
Re: Heart Of An Angel by Zeeenas(f): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
Interesting. Next pls
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2016
bibijay123:
Interesting! Please keep it coming!

Thanks
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 8:55am On Jul 26, 2016
Zeeenas:
Interesting. Next pls
coming hot
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 9:03am On Jul 26, 2016
In her subconscious state, She felt someone was watching her, she just wanted to die. She was afraid to open her eyes for the fear of what awaits her.
She fell back into her slumber.
In a trance, she was in a Garden, the garden was so beautiful , she saw her mom and her baby waving at her. Her baby was all grown up, she ran to meet them feeling happy
"Mom I missed you so much, I am happy we finally come to meet today"
"I miss you too baby doll"
"Why did you leave me all to myself? "
"I had to go it was my time"
"I want to go too"
"You can't, you still have missions to fulfill"
"I don't care I just want to be with you"
"You can't" she said vanishing with the baby
She felt pained seeing her mom and baby leave her once again,she screamed and cried all to no avail, scared to see the light and face reality, she kept her eyes shut!!!...

When he got to the office the next morning, his partner was talking to a lady and he beckon on him to join.
"Sandra, this is officer Mark, we are both in charge of your sister's case"
"Good morning Sandra"
"Good morning officer"
Sandra told them that her sister was a call girl and was involved with different men, socialites and politicians. She also added that she engage in a bit of blackmail and that could have led to her death.
"How do you intend to help us? " Tom asked
"I will give you the key to her apartment, please get the murderer"
"We will, we promise" They said in unison
Sandra left in tears and they started their investigation in full. Mark suggested they go to the apartment and Tom agreed.
When they got there, it was an old house. They decided to ask her neighbor about her. After pressing the intercom they waited patiently
"Good morning ma'am"
"Good morning, how may I help you? "
"I am officer Mark and this is my partner officer Tom"
"Good morning" Tom greeted
"Good morning officers"
"We are here to inquire about your deceased neighbor"
"That mannerless girl, she was a prostitute and has been of no good to this neighborhood. Though we wanted her to leave but she was still a bit of a nice girl"
"What sort of men do you see with her"
" Well I don't check them out and she is very discreet too"
" OK thank you ma, we will call in if we have further questions "
They proceeded to her apartment and surprisingly it was well arranged and decorated. After searching for hours without finding anything they were about to leave when they discovered a well placed box in her bathroom
"Odd don't you think"Tom asked
"Yes"
They immediately yanked it open, different pictures fell out. The first one got them rooted
"Holy shit, That's pastor Craig " Tom exclaimed
"Yes"
Then mark started picking them
"Mr wavers, CEO wavers group of companies, Thomas Dickson the presenter, Mr jack"
"Wait which of the jacks" Tom asked
"Senator Davids father"
"Contesting for president?"
"Yes"
They packed all their evidence and returned to the office.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heart Of An Angel by Missmossy(f): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
Such a beautiful piece,keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Heart Of An Angel by Shakyroh320(f): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
good start,plzzzz nxt
Re: Heart Of An Angel by bibijay123(f): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Following grin
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Missmossy:
Such a beautiful piece,keep it coming.

Thank you ma
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
Shakyroh320:
good start,plzzzz nxt
Thought you will never come. Thanks sweetheart
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
bibijay123:
Following grin
Thank you ma
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
They showed the pictures to their chief and he gave them orders to place all the people found in the pictures on the WANTED LIST.
Mark did some paper work before heading to the hospital.
When he got there he stayed with her for a while and told her how the investigation was going
"Hi, we were able to get to the other lady's apartment. We found exhibits there, we are already on it and I promise we will bring the killer to book. Just hang on"
He kept holding her hands and couldn't let go. The connection they had was too much.
"You know you can open your eyes to me. I am here to protect you"
"You can trust me to protect you"
"You need to open your eyes to see how the killer of your baby is been brought to book"
After a while he left but it was after promising her
"I will be back I promise"

The promise man has come again. She wanted to cry when she heard about the killer of her baby. She prayed he has no peace of mind wherever he was. She listened to everything Mark said, but imagined how long before he broke his promise because they always do at the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart Of An Angel by Countrygirl(f): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Registering my presence....nice work ma'am
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
Countrygirl:
Registering my presence....nice work ma'am

Welcome Thank you sweetheart
Re: Heart Of An Angel by olanshile2016(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
welldone lolahikmot,finding love was a bomb,im sure this one will be bomber
Re: Heart Of An Angel by Rex1(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
Nice work u got here miss lolaHikmat, expecting much more greater work from u though
Re: Heart Of An Angel by Shakyroh320(f): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
lolaHikmat:

Thought you will never come. Thanks sweetheart
u are wlcm dear,hope am nt late.
Re: Heart Of An Angel by bummybummy(f): 4:50am On Jul 27, 2016
nyc story u get hia but it could av bin ok if u call ur fans dat u av strtd a new story

1 Like

Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2016
bummybummy:
nyc story u get hia but it could av bin ok if u call ur fans dat u av strtd a new story

I actually wanted to but I didn't know how to.
Re: Heart Of An Angel by Tife101(m): 10:03am On Jul 27, 2016
Nice one Lolahikmat. Following.......
Re: Heart Of An Angel by Missmossy(f): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2016
Keep it coming, thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: Heart Of An Angel by CuteChiluv: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice one lola, so interesting,, following
Re: Heart Of An Angel by Vidamia(m): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
interesting story.....and i love reading story that always keep me on the edge of seat.. .Keep updating
Re: Heart Of An Angel by femialade(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
Seated with a Bowl of popcorn and 25 litres gallon of Zobo... Ride on.
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 6:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
"Sir, you have visitors" the secretary to the CEO of wavers group of company told her boss
"I told you I want no visitors" Thomas Wavers replied
"Sir, they are the cops" she said
"The cops?"
"Yes sir"
"Let them in"
"All right sir"
Mark and Tom made their way into the office
"Officers you are welcome"
"Thanks, I am officer Tom and this is officer Mark"
"How may I help you?"
"Well do you know anyone named Barbara?" Tom asked
"Barbara what"
"She used to be one of your girls but ended up blackmailing you?Tom said patiently
" Who the hell are you talking about?" He asked agitated
Mark passed the picture to him. His countenance changed
"That bitch" he said sitting
"So explain that" he said
"Well, I had a thing with her"
"What sort of thing"
"Well, the sort of thing men had with women"
"I presume you are married" Tom asked
"Yes I am, but that doesn't stop me from taking another lover"
"Wow"
"Well I was attracted to her, but she later started using me"

So you got tired of her games and decided to kill her" Mark said
"No, I didn't I only paid her off and she promised to destroy the pictures. She did faxed it to me" He said uncomfortably
"Where were you on the 18th of this month"
"I was in Beijing for a conference"
"We will call on you for further questioning" Mark said
"And you have been placed on police surveillance" Tom added as they exit the office
"So where to now" Tom asked his partner
"You go ahead, I need to stop at the hospital" Mark replied
"Okay" And they went there separate ways

He got to the hospital and met the doctor exiting her ward.
"May I have a word with you please" the doctor said
"OK doctor"
"Actually, I think we might lose her"
"What?"
"The problem is that She is not willing to live, she has lost the zeal for life"
"That is the only survivor we have that can help us solve the case, so please try your best"
"Well, there is nothing I can do, we can only hope"
"Can I see her"
"Sure, but please be careful around her"
"All right doctor"
He entered her room and could hear the audible beat of the monitor.
"Hi, I am back like I promised" beep beep, beep, beep, beep.
"I know you can hear me, we are working on getting the killer, please don't quit on us" the beeping got louder
"I know you think you have nothing to live for, but please live for the sake of justice" Long beeping
" I know you think you are alone with no one to care" long beeping
"Damn it, you got to live woman, you can't quit on me, you can't quit on your dead baby" Erratic beeping
"Look I care, I will protect you, I will help you" Erratic beeping continues
"I promise" he paused then added
"And I won't break it, just please live "
Her breathing became normal. He knelt by her bed and later sat on the chair before sleeping off"
It was the flicker of sun that woke him the next morning, he checked the monitor and was satisfied with her even breathing. He got up to leave , then hesitated before kissing her fore head
"I have got you" He whispered
On his way out he acknowledged the officer outside her room and knew he had to get whoever is responsible for the murder.

2 Likes

Re: Heart Of An Angel by Shakyroh320(f): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ma'am lola,it seems u are busy 2day,more grease to ur elbow
Re: Heart Of An Angel by bummybummy(f): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
tnx ffor d update
Re: Heart Of An Angel by lolaHikmat(f): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mark got home quietly and was changing to leave for work when his dad called him.
"Good morning dad"
"Good morning son"
"Your mom said you didn't come home last night"
"Yes dad had an important place I had to be. I will tell you more when I am back"
"Grab the pack of cookies for breakfast OK?"
He grab the cookies on his way out, he couldn't stop smiling because of the way his parents still treat him like a child. For crying out loud he is a 28years old man.
He met his partner at the packing lot.
"You are late" Tom said snatching the pack of cookies from him
"Yes, I am sorry. So can I have my cookies back"he said trying to grab the cookies
"No, take that as your punishment" he said munching the cookies
"Remind me to poison that one of this days"
"I will, can we move now"
"Where to now" he asked getting into the patrol van
"Back to Barbara's apartment"
"Okay, but I need to stop at the hospital on our way back"
" you have been frequenting the Hospital you know, what is your mission really? "Tom Asked looking suspicious
"Easy Man, I just want to be sure she is fine"
Tom stared at him for a little while and said nothing.

They got to her apartment and made more search for a while before they decided to leave.
When they got to the hospital, Tom insisted to follow him in.
"I need to see her myself"Tom said.
" OK, but you have to be careful around her okay?
"OK"

Tom was taken aback at the sight of her. She look so fragile and defenseless, reminding him of his pregnant wife.
"I am back but with a friend, We are in charge of your baby's case"
Tom was surprised Mark was talking confidently with an unconscious patient, not wanting to be left out, he decided to follow suit.
"Hi Bella, I am officer Tom but you can call me Tom"
"So, we are going to try our best in finding the murderer, so hang on dear OK?"
They spent sometime with her each taking turn to talk to her.
By the time they left each was lost in thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heart Of An Angel by CuteChiluv: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
Enjoying this story, kudos lola

(1) (2) (Reply)

Too Hard To Love (18+) / Which Book Has Made The Greatest Impact On Your Life ? / Love Diary Of A Shy Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.