Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,155 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:56 AM

I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 (2626 Views)

NCC Reports 18000 Plus Consumers Complaints. See The Good And Bad Sides / Lets Talk About: Samsung Galaxy S8 Pre-orders Reach 1 Million, And Still Countin / I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Gionee M3mini / Tecno L5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
Guys am thinking of swapping my Gionee M3 Mini for Samsung S3 i hope am not a fool to do so
but to be frank my Gionee M3 Mini is fucking up it lag both on stock rom and on custom very tired of it while looking at Samsung S3 the phone is still a machine and better than some latest Android phones when checking about the phone i saw many latest features that are working it able to get cyanogemod 13 6.0.1 version don't believe it
I think Samsung S3 chipset can handle nowadays game well
my Gionee M3 mini lag when playing FIFA 16
so guys should i swap it or continue using my phone[/code]
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Guys am thinking of swapping my Gionee M3 Mini for Samsung S3 i hope am not a fool to do so
but to be frank my Gionee M3 Mini is fucking up it lag both on stock rom and on custom very tired of it while looking at Samsung S3 the phone is still a machine and better than some latest Android phones when checking about the phone i saw many latest features that are working it able to get cyanogemod 13 6.0.1 version don't believe it

Truth is s3 good o. Strong, nice design and sharp camera. But once it is up a year. It lags badly!! As in so badly, Samsung phones all they lag!!!!

If I was in your location would have helped you tweak your m3 so it stops lagging. And also you should unistall apps you are not using and keep your home screen free of unnecessary apps and also widgets. Remember na chinko if u av any special effects you put on it, remove it.!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by 0ubenji(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Now goto ur google search bar and enter "pros and cons of samsung galaxy s3"...then press the "enter" button..
Voila! Watch as ur answers roll in seamlessly..

Thank Me later.
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 26, 2016
Drew0:

Truth is s3 good o. Strong, nice design and sharp camera. But once it is up a year. It lags badly!! As in so badly, Samsung phones all they lag!!!!

If I was in your location would have helped you tweak your m3 so it stops lagging. And also you should unistall apps you are not using and keep your home screen free of unnecessary apps and also widgets. Remember na chinko if u av any special effects you put on it, remove it.!
Tell me what to do about the tweak to make it fast and are you of sure of what you are saying about Samsung S3 that is not OK after 1 year
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 26, 2016
0ubenji:

Now goto ur google search bar and enter "pros and cons of samsung galaxy s3"...then press the "enter" button..
Voila! Watch as ur answers roll in seamlessly..

Thank Me later.
what do you mean pls explain better
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Tell me what to do about the tweak to make it fast and are you of sure of what you are saying about Samsung S3 that is not OK after 1 year

Have used s3 nah
U can't tweak it. U will end of crashing the phone.
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2016
Drew0:

Have used s3 nah
OK is it cool how many years you used it for
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2016
Iamtosignno:
OK is it cool how many years you used it for

3 years

I also bought note 1 after wards , after a year it started lagging. Then sold it got new note 2, the same problem Samsung system no smooth

If you want a phone that doesn't lag go for HTC. But buy it NEW one.

Now i am using tecno c8 and after much upgrading and tweaking. It's the most stable phone I have ever used
No single lag .

Tweaked lots of people's c8 and they never regretted using c8.
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
Drew0:

3 years

I also bought note 1 after wards , after a year it started lagging. Then sold it got new note 2, the same problem Samsung system no smooth

Now i am using tecno c8 and after much upgrading and tweaking. It's the most stable phone I have ever used
No single lag .

You very change my mind no going for Samsung phone again but what of LG phone do you have experience about it
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
Iamtosignno:
You very change my mind no going for Samsung phone again but what of LG phone do you have experience about it

Nah I haven't used lg before.
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
Drew0:

Nah I haven't used lg before.
OK can't you say anything about it as in people opinions you have see
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by nurey(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
Drew0:

3 years

No single lag .

With all this your comment shows you have not handled a Samsung phone in your life. Note 2 and S3 are same only difference is size. I have used S3 mini and my friend had used a S3 UK used and it runs smooth as he'll better than those crappie junks chinco manufacturer churning out.

I have used a note 10.1 2012 and no lagging whether fifa, need for Speed, or any other high end games.

I currently use a note 2 T-mobile T899 with custom rom , the only tweak Samsung can't do is change of imei but who needs that with all the cheap data. Stop spreading rumors of lagging my note 2 has 2gig actual ram not the 2gig chinco phones would put and it will start lagging

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by donbenie(m): 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Drew0:

3 years

No single lag .

Don't know where all these claims that Samsung phones ALL lag is coming from,I've used a Galaxy Note 2 and am currently using a Note 3,it is certainly not lagging any more or less than other Android devices from other OEMs I've used..
So in other words according to you,a Tecno C8 is more stable than the best Samsung has to offer?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by srrrr(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
Iamtosignno:
I love the s3 display. The amoled, lightness, but I won't advice u to buy it.
Reasons:
1. Poor battery (u will end up regretting this)
2. Old GPU (mali-400), not good for games

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 27, 2016
Iamtosignno:
OK can't you say anything about it as in people opinions you have see

Nah bro, only one i fit advise you to buy is HTC, what I was using before, HTC m8, runs very smoothly, didn't tweak anything on that.

And please someone here posted that he has Samsung running "custom ROM" don't mind them. They can't use the hone properly without tweaking.

Or better still bruh, you can get iPhone 5. Used it before
Its very smooth with no significant lag only thing be say battery...
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by nurey(m): 2:53am On Jul 27, 2016
Drew0:

Nah bro, only one i fit advise you to buy is HTC, what I was using before, HTC m8, runs very smoothly, didn't tweak anything on that.

And please someone here posted that he has Samsung running "custom ROM" don't mind them. They can't use the hone properly without tweaking.

See this one spewing trash again. On stock rom, the note two can't pass jelly bean 4.2 also note it has To mobile UI the reason I installed custom rom ezkat 4.4 was to get it upgraded to kitkat. Do your research well.

Old Samsung, LG and HTC high end phones still hold their ground even after several better ones.

Where is your canon C8 today, in the trash, where is the phantom A, in the dustbin a Samsung galaxy S2 still commands respect till today

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 2:55am On Jul 27, 2016
nurey:

See this one spewing trash again. On stock rom, the note two can't pass jelly bean 4.2 also note it has To mobile UI the reason I installed custom rom ezkat 4.4 was to get it upgraded to kitkat. Do your research well.

Old Samsung, LG and HTC high end phones still hold their ground even after several better ones.

Where is your canon C8 today, in the trash, where is the phantom A, in the dustbin a Samsung galaxy S2 still commands respect till today

Hater wish' you well...
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 27, 2016
donbenie:
Don't know where all these claims that Samsung phones ALL lag is coming from,I've used a Galaxy Note 2 and am currently using a Note 3,it is certainly not lagging any more or less than other Android devices from other OEMs I've used..
So in other words according to you,a Tecno C8 is more stable than the best Samsung has to offer?
i found it very hard to believe him but one point made me believed him
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 3:25am On Jul 27, 2016
srrrr:

I love the s3 display. The amoled, lightness, but I won't advice u to buy it.
Reasons:
1. Poor battery (u will end up regretting this)
2. Old GPU (mali-400), not good for games
that the things am thinking about it
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 27, 2016
Drew0:

i don't like iPhone for any reason
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 27, 2016
nurey:

With all this your comment shows you have not handled a Samsung phone in your life. Note 2 and S3 are same only difference is size. I have used S3 mini and my friend had used a S3 UK used and it runs smooth as he'll better than those crappie junks chinco manufacturer churning out.

I have used a note 10.1 2012 and no lagging whether fifa, need for Speed, or any other high end games.

I currently use a note 2 T-mobile T899 with custom rom , the only tweak Samsung can't do is change of imei but who needs that with all the cheap data. Stop spreading rumors of lagging my note 2 has 2gig actual ram not the 2gig chinco phones would put and it will start lagging
which custom rom are you using and are you sure of what you are saying sorry to ask in that manner well users opinions on gsmarena is good about the performance but while some complaints the phone die suddenly nowadays
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by ibawon(m): 6:20am On Jul 27, 2016
Ok. To me it's just the battery and screen size, but you won't blame it cos it was a old flagship device.
But rocks as hell wink
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 27, 2016
ibawon:
Ok. To me it's just the battery and screen size, but you won't blame it cos it was a old flagship device.
But rocks as hell wink
My Gionee M3 Mini 4000mAh battery wack i can't sense it goodness to Samsung S3 only it latest Android version and it year and two sim card plus chippet but am scare to swap for Samsung S3 just because of it year four years ago maybe it can be malfunction
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Dam5reey(m): 6:43am On Jul 27, 2016
nurey:

Calm down he said the truth... Samsung 2016 is different from Samsung 2013...

A friend sold his Samsung note when it became practically useless... It lags like when he want to make call he had to open phone then wait for sometime...

Op... Please don't buy any phone older than early 2015....
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 27, 2016
Drew0:

Have used s3 nah

Bros u can lie oo. First u said after a year of using S3 it begins to lag then u continued that it can't be tweaked. Chai!! If u knw nothing about a phone, just shut up!
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by nurey(m): 7:39am On Jul 27, 2016
Iamtosignno:
which custom rom are you using and are you sure of what you are saying sorry to ask in that manner well users opinions on gsmarena is good about the performance but while some complaints the phone die suddenly nowadays

I am running custom rom ezkat 4.4 and I know people running Android 6.01 custom rom on the same old note 2.

The issue with branded android phones is you first need to unlock the bootloader affixed by the carrier, after unlocking that, you can install any custom rom you choose, Samsung has several stable custom rom builds you can download easily and this roms always have support go to xda developer site and see for your self
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by nurey(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2016
Drew0:

Hater wish' you well...

I have never used the chinco android phones not because am too proud but I have never had opportunity to buy them,but not withstanding I can buy and use it. My main point is for people to stop hating phones or being partial to a particular manufacturer or brand.

HTC was a rubbish manufacturer with their inbuilt battery phones that hangs, a friend of mine bought their HTC one X then it didn't use 2 months it crashed slot had to give him a total different one, I guess that particular model had issues a lot of people returned it. But as at 2014 ,what HTC was churning out, Samsung is a learner beside it.

Out of all the android phones, the master is still Sony, better a zillion times than Samsung. Has manufacturer support for a long time, I may not have used all this phones but I have family members and Friends who have. I am a supporter of good phones not manufacturer whether it was made by xengchu or yokomani as long as it does what the manufacturer says about it

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by nurey(m): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Dam5reey:

Calm down he said the truth... Samsung 2016 is different from Samsung 2013...

A friend sold his Samsung note when it became practically useless... It lags like when he want to make call he had to open phone then wait for sometime...

Op... Please don't buy any phone older than early 2015....

My note was made in 2012 the international version is N7100 I play high end games and I have never had to restart it due to lagging or hanging at anytime, Infact there is a virus on it now and it has not affected it's performance. Mine is the T mobile version but the rom on it was based on the AT&T version reason for the model number I317 instead of T899.

It still as solidly build as any phone out there

Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 27, 2016
ollah1:

Bros u can lie oo. First u said after a year of using S3 it begins to lag then u continued that it can't be tweaked. Chai!! If u knw nothing about a phone, just shut up!
Lol grin abeg i no fit laff oh
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2016
nurey:

I have never used the chinco android phones not because am too proud but I have never had opportunity to buy them,but not withstanding I can buy and use it. My main point is for people to stop hating phones or being partial to a particular manufacturer or brand.

HTC was a rubbish manufacturer with their inbuilt battery phones that hangs, a friend of mine bought their HTC one X then it didn't use 2 months it crashed slot had to give him a total different one, I guess that particular model had issues a lot of people returned it. But as at 2014 ,what HTC was churning out, Samsung is a learner beside it.

Out of all the android phones, the master is still Sony, better a zillion times than Samsung. Has manufacturer support for a long time, I may not have used all this phones but I have family members and Friends who have. I am a supporter of good phones not manufacturer whether it was made by xengchu or yokomani as long as it does what the manufacturer says about it
you dey use Sony phone sho undecided
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 27, 2016
nurey:

I am running custom rom ezkat 4.4 and I know people running Android 6.01 custom rom on the same old note 2.

The issue with branded android phones is you first need to unlock the bootloader affixed by the carrier, after unlocking that, you can install any custom rom you choose, Samsung has several stable custom rom builds you can download easily and this roms always have support go to xda developer site and see for your self
Am just in love with S3 but scare of it
Re: I Want To Know Good And Bad Sides About Samsung S3 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 27, 2016
nurey:

Am just in love with S3 but scare of it now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphones Are Better Than Android Phones: Reasons Iphones Are Better Than Android / Htc Sensation 4g / This New MTN Pulse Video Will Give You Goose-bumps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.