Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? (22611 Views)

Sales Executives Are Needed.pay Is 90k Monthly. / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by adecares(f): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
congrats to him for the rejection.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by guiddoti: 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
Though, it looks small, but starting small matters for inexperience graduates. He should know that oil companies don't recruit again grin

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by kodlins(f): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
BEDC

Tobbey:
A friend told me he turned down an offer. He said the pay is 90K. For a Master's holder. He can't accept the offer.
So I ask, Is 90K too small for an Msc. graduate.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Charlieyoung(m): 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
Its better he manages the one he has seen b4 he ends up driving keke, or hawking on the street. looking at our 2day nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by micxwell(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
adioolayi:

Are you born with a Silver spoon Are you not in Nigeria If any of your answer is Yes...Please don't comment on anything of this nature, because you can't just understand.... But if your answer is No...it means you are still probably in school and can't understand things like this.. Just relax and read comments

I don't understand this hype attached to this M.Sc thing.
I tell people all the time, ur degree is enough to get you ur first job. You don't have experience and you want to earn a million and above? Jobs like that exist but are scarce. For me I will take the job, when u graduate, experience and streams of connection should be ur priority money can come later.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by diva90: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:
A friend told me he turned down an offer. He said the pay is 90K. For a Master's holder. He can't accept the offer.

90k is small but the question is ... Is he a masters holder with experience or without experience? What Nigerians don't under stand is that employees cherish experience to educational qualification. For a example, a man with Ph.D. Without experience is as good as someone with Bsc who has 4 years of work experience. Your friend wasn't wise tho! There aren't jobs out there! What is the guarantee that he will get a better offer? If I were him , I would have taken the job offer while searching and waiting to get a better offer.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by diva90: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
oluwabishop:
And some BSc holders will be earning 242k as graduate Trainees in one of the first generation banks. It is well.

I'm guessing that's GTB
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by micxwell(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
guiddoti:
Though, it looks small, but starting small matters for inexperience graduates. He should know that oil companies don't recruit again grin
Not don't 'hardly'.... most times they do it in the backyard now cheesy
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:

I saw dis & I laughhhhhhh ( in Emmanuela voice).
Bros, tell ur frnd to turn it down, and let see wat wll happen 2 him dis time nxt year.
Ungrateful servant.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by imitateMe(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

Hello son,

If you have a low worth doesn't mean everybody has. We cant be equal

#MyTake #MyOpinion

And you think 'MSc' is an achievement in this country? I know MSc holders who earn 24k monthly as teachers.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by shamecurls(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
imitateMe:

And you think 'MSc' is an achievement in this country? I know MSc holders who earn 24k monthly as teachers.

OMG!

Re u kidding me? 24k

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by guiddoti: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
micxwell:

Not don't 'hardly'.... most times they do it in the backyard now cheesy
oh 'hardly' done at the 'backyard'
grin

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by rman: 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
Gamesmart:

Despite your friend having an MSc, his reasoning is that he is worth more than N90K per month just because he has an MSc?

Not because he has some contribution that is worth over N90K?

In my view, your friend is not worth even N12K per month, he has no sense, just a useless paper.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Tobbey(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
eleojo23:
If there is opportunity for promotion in the future, it means that the salary will increase with time so he should take the offer.
It is better than doing nothing. There are a lot of people praying to be in his shoes right now.

Yes.. But A contract suff. Not a full staff
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Tobbey(m): 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
lonelydora:
It's for SSCE holders. Not good for an M.Sc holder.

Op, are you in Nigeria at all?

Oh Oh. same thing I told him

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Tobbey(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
adioolayi:

I hope he has source of income...if not..I pray he won't regret it because frustration wey go set in, dem still dey prepare am for im village

No. He doesn't . Still hoping for one
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Tobbey(m): 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
0955eb027:
I hold a masters degree in mathematics, and i earn 75k. i have gat friends of mine that earn less.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Tobbey(m): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
Arebay:
Its too small ! msc holder,never .

Op please,,help me with his number ,I know an Msc holder that will take it..your friend must not do it

LOOOOL . YOU BE FOWL grin grin grin
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by 0955eb027(m): 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
hostine316:

Hope you are considering doing your PHD??
bros, phd is meant for those wey don chop belleful.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by 0955eb027(m): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Too much information man! not everything is supposed to be said to the public, keep some things private about yourself, that right there was not needed. smiley
You are kinda right, will modify. But i dont think its gonna harm me, do you?

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
Nna man l need the job tell your friend to pass me the job

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by LyfeJennings(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
If I must say, things have changed a whole lot for me. Beyond words. Beyond thoughts. Way beyond my wildest imagination.... I know I'm being unapologetic about my absence but if I have to add, this is who I am now. From the last time I came here till this very moment. God has been wayyyyyyyy awesome to me. What I see as normal now was once a dream. I mean what I do now and who I am now was wayyyyyyyy impossible some years back. U know I won't deceive myself. Today was one of the greatest impossibilities of yesterday. I can't go day to day on account of what happened when and how it went down but I will try to write it out for tomorrows sake.

I was stupid so many times. I mean so many times. Outt of the 13000USD i received as my tuition refund, I blew 4000USD on crazy shiit but somewhere along the line. I saw a show that was related to my business. That show would cost me like 1600 USD to participate. After going round to meet people for assistance, I was so rejected. I was turned down by everyone I thought was a cool cat to me. So I was joking with a rich colleague at work, while seeking his assistance for a loan of sort. He said he doesn't have any to offer me. While at that, he said something I needed to reject cos I'm naturally defensive. In other to boost my ego, I just told him with style my dad gave me 4000USD for vacation and I don't want to take out of it (d papa wey I know would never give me one thousand dollars talk less of 4 thousand). When I got home,I took time to reason if I take out of that money to pursue a goal that is dear to me. I might not have d cause regret cos I only followed my dreams.
I finally took a bow and I went on with the biggest foolish decision of my life.

The show came and I must confess, God granted my desires. I came out victorious. God crowned my effort with some fame and some glory but not without the pains. Im in a big soup of paying 4000 USD back without knowing when and how I'm going to pay back. Times went by incredibly fast, I mean very very fast. Something very painful happened on the 1st on May, my high school sweetheart passed away. I'd call her Mermaid for the sake of this secrecy. Mermaid was my very loving high school love whom I really adore. She had Fibroid and she wasn't well operated on so she gave up the ghost....

I'd write U later diary
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by einsteino(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
gabbytabby:
Dream on
. Graduates with minimal experience get administration roles in Canada( I am talking whites oh so not even race matter your graduate sisters and brother go dance tay for church if them get am) Phd are driving cabs all over the place. Na the employer send you go school. He /She needs a job done why take you when you constitute additional often significant training cost.

Take it and show them what you got and you got no problems after that. A lot of fresh/young graduates have bad work ethics and an unjustified sense of entitlement.

There is no such thing as wrong feeling of entitlement. A labourer deserves his wage, why do we have labour laws? Why does canada have minimum wages that are qualification based?

my friend. No employer is father Christmas, they wont offer you employment if you are going to be useless. For the mere fact they offered him the job, then they should be able to pay him well. If they want an experienced applicant, then they should by all means get one and pay the person a wage that befits his qualifications and experience. Anything else is a means to get cheap labour by lying to the person that they are doing him a favour.

A phd is an academic degree not a professional one.. So it is understandable if a phd holder is unable to bag a job where professional experience is the crust. What i fault is employing that phd holder and yet chosing to pay him as though he is a bsc holder. No way. Why employ him if he isnt capable? let him be. Leave him to drive cab.. Whenever he is tired, he would go somewhere else and apply using his msc or bsc alone.

In Nigeria employers use these stories as a means to get cheap labour. If you like prove yourself, they would not agree to a reasonable upward review in the future. Reviews are usually based on the salary you started with. It is the truth. Maybe you need to come back from canada and live here for a while. We let this rubbish become a tradition here.

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by creepsyme(f): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:

well, He doesn't really have much working experience. lipsrsealed
not working experience but work experience; take note.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Tobbey(m): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
creepsyme:
not working experience but work experience; take note.
NOTED. tHANKs for the correction
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by atrix4g(m): 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
MuhMubRaj:
90k is small for a Bsc holder that know his/her worth...Personally, 120k is the least I could start with
see yaa mouth
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by compuseun: 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Foreign Msc or Nigeria Msc degree? I v seen Nigeria Msc holder earning 25k, your friend is even lucky. It's not everybody that will start from high Salary.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by compuseun: 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
How many years of experience does your friend have cos years of working experience matters this days. Abi na Only Msc certificate your friend get without experience?
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by AmuDimpka: 5:48am On Jul 27, 2016
micxwell:

I don't understand this hype attached to this M.Sc thing.
I tell people all the time, ur degree is enough to get you ur first job. You don't have experience and you want to earn a million and above? Jobs like that exist but is scarce. For me I will take the job, when u graduate, experience and streams of connection should be ur priority money can come later.

I don't even have MSc but my experience had made me earn higher

Who gives a rat fvck about MSc

MD want to see experience not MSc ..paper stuff
.show us what you can do not show us your certificate

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 28, 2016
queenfav:
Hunger never waya am!!I studied a professional course and I don't even get 90k as salary.If he really had any idea how hard the economy is,coupled with the fact that he was even offered a job in the first place;he would rush back and beg for that job.Many companies are downsizing their staff,people with jobs are trying to survive and beat being laid off,one person dey one place dey choose..Mtcheww!
The Nigerian employer gets away with being a self-righteous slave driver because of this misplaced sentiment of "hard times", "half-baked graduates" and so on.
It offends me that you, of all people, propagate this travesty. smiley
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by queenfav(f): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
BoboYekini:
The Nigerian employer gets away with being a self-righteous slave driver because of this misplaced sentiment of "hard times", "half-baked graduates" and so on.
It offends me that you, of all people, propagate this travesty. smiley
Newsflash!! The world's labour market has been marked by sheer survival and one's ability to adjust to the harsh realities on ground.A colleague of mine shared your view which led to him tendering his resignation because he felt he deserved better.As we speak,he is calling me to stylishly broach the issue of calling him back before my boss ,to gauge my boss's reaction as to whether he can be accepted to come back to the firm.He was living in a fool's paradise by believing the grass would be greener on the other side,he was wrong.I am very sure his wife has started disrespecting him daily for quitting his job without having another means of livlihood.Financial Intelligence is knowing how to cope with 'what is' rather than 'what ought to be'!I don't advocate for anyone settling for a dead-beat job.It all boils down to your core values.I am a professional,nevertheless I am a very independent person.If push comes to shove,I can work anywhere to earn a living rather than sit home all day waiting for my "dream job" .My point simply is,if Its an offer along the line of your profession,its best to accept it to gather experience whilst you keep looking for a better job opportunity.It's an unrealistic sense of entitlement that has led many graduates to being dependent on relatives for survival , after rejecting job offers on the guise that the salary was beneath them!The key is to start with what is available,develop your skills while at it and aspire for more.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Graduate Trainee Programme Recruitment At Diageo Nigeria- Guiness Unit / List Of Successful Candidates For The Nigerian Army Zonal Screening Recruitment / Academic And Non-academic Staff Recruitment At Bowen University -12 Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.