Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? (22604 Views)

Sales Executives Are Needed.pay Is 90k Monthly. / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
queenfav:
Newsflash!! The world's labour market has been marked by sheer survival and one's ability to adjust to the harsh realities on ground.A colleague of mine shared your view which led to him tendering his resignation because he felt he deserved better.As we speak,he is calling me to stylishly broach the issue of calling him back before my boss ,to gauge my boss's reaction as to whether he can be accepted to come back to the firm.He was living in a fool's paradise by believing the grass would be greener on the other side,he was wrong.I am very sure his wife has started disrespecting him daily for quitting his job without having another means of livlihood.Financial Intelligence is knowing how to cope with 'what is' rather than 'what ought to be'!I don't advocate for anyone settling for a dead-beat job.It all boils down to your core values.I am a professional,nevertheless I am a very independent person.If push comes to shove,I can work anywhere to earn a living rather than sit home all day waiting for my "dream job" .My point simply is,if Its an offer along the line of your profession,its best to accept it to gather experience whilst you keep looking for a better job opportunity.It's an unrealistic sense of entitlement that has led many graduates to being dependent on relatives for survival , after rejecting job offers on the guise that the salary was beneath them!The key is to start with what is available,develop your skills while at it and aspire for more.
Spot on! What I keep telling people.Getting a job is not just about you, it's also about how you can help the company grow. No skills, no experience, you want to sit in an air conditioned office, make a few calls everyday and earn 500k at the end of the month. Take what is available, give it your best and build yourself with that because an employer always wants to know what you can bring to the table. It amazes me when I see fresh graduates complaining of being at home for over a year after nysc. The truth is they got offers but they rejected them, I just concluded my nysc in April and I'm working. It may not be my dream job but I'm learning a whole lot and by the time I'm done from here and want to go somewhere else, this knowledge and experience I have acquired will give me an edge in landing a great job. Let them keep sitting at home crying 'no job'. There are jobs but you're not qualified for them so get qualified!

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
queenfav:
Newsflash!! The world's labour market has been marked by sheer survival and one's ability to adjust to the harsh realities on ground.A colleague of mine shared your view which led to him tendering his resignation because he felt he deserved better.As we speak,he is calling me to stylishly broach the issue of calling him back before my boss ,to gauge my boss's reaction as to whether he can be accepted to come back to the firm.He was living in a fool's paradise by believing the grass would be greener on the other side,he was wrong.I am very sure his wife has started disrespecting him daily for quitting his job without having another means of livlihood.Financial Intelligence is knowing how to cope with 'what is' rather than 'what ought to be'!I don't advocate for anyone settling for a dead-beat job.It all boils down to your core values.I am a professional,nevertheless I am a very independent person.If push comes to shove,I can work anywhere to earn a living rather than sit home all day waiting for my "dream job" .My point simply is,if Its an offer along the line of your profession,its best to accept it to gather experience whilst you keep looking for a better job opportunity.It's an unrealistic sense of entitlement that has led many graduates to being dependent on relatives for survival , after rejecting job offers on the guise that the salary was beneath them!The key is to start with what is available,develop your skills while at it and aspire for more.
Workers should be paid fair wages for whatever work they put in. Experience be damned. It's just common decency.
Would you say your present pay is a correct valuation of your contribution to your firm? If yes, then the boss is a good man, or you're a girl of very simple needs. I'd wager it's a no and I assure you that even after getting all the experience the boss will still under pay you. Just because he can. But you're a woman. Better safe than sorry right? Human rights were not forged on the altar of timidity my dear.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by GAINltd: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2016
Tobbey:

well, He doesn't really have much working experience.
lipsrsealed

Well then, he should be grateful for the opportunity (if it is in line with his goals) and start from somewhere to build up his expertise; and become more marketable. There is competition in the market so if he has no experience and expects more, others will take up the offer and start attaining something before he finally gets somewhere.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Tobbey(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2016
GAINltd:

Well then, he should be grateful for the opportunity (if it is in line with his goals) and start from somewhere to build up his expertise; and become more marketable. There is competition in the market so if he has no experience and expects more, others will take up the offer and start attaining something before he finally gets somewhere.

Thanks a bunch for your candid advice

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Tobbey(m): 10:56am On Sep 26, 2016
Thanks y'all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Graduate Trainee Programme Recruitment At Diageo Nigeria- Guiness Unit / List Of Successful Candidates For The Nigerian Army Zonal Screening Recruitment / Academic And Non-academic Staff Recruitment At Bowen University -12 Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.