Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage (34885 Views)

Christ Embassy Branch In United Kingdom Declared Bankrupt / The Complete Truth About Tithes As Summarised By Pastor Reno Omokri / Christ Embassy Pastor In 4 Abortions Mess With Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 26, 2016
Christ Embassy Church Is A Big Joke: This is not an attack on any church.

My uncle happens to be a staunch member of christ embassy, so he decides to get married and mid last year he brought his wife to be to introduce her to my parents, we all started looking forward to the wedding but as months rolled by we didn't hear or see any preparations
Along the line my mum decided to know what the delay for, my uncle told my mum that their pastor asked yhem to hold on that they still checking , verifying and praying about it, months kept rolling by they said stil on it ... We keep watching ..it was only until a month ago that they decided to get wedded in another Church in the lady hometown, funny enough nobody or pastor from his church attended the wedding

Out of curiosity I decide to ask why they weren't joined together at his church and I began to hear of the ridiculous things that they were asked to do before the church joins them but the most baffling one is this below :

1. Their unpaid tithes since they have been attending the church was calculated and it amounted to 1.2 million naira which must be paid before they are joined together

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2016
Chisos! Is this for real Op!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 26, 2016
My Darling Jesus will be like " 'smh' to these guys down there! You will all meet me on the judgement day!"

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by UndisputedBosom(m): 12:38am On Jul 26, 2016
What else do you get from a man that divorced his wife before his congregation.....What a joke indeed grin grin grin

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Dahkogrin007(m): 12:54am On Jul 26, 2016
How do u expect d pastors to get money to mak *jerry curl hair* and use Rolex wrist watch wit superb Italian shoes if dey dnt pay thr tithes

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by hopefulLandlord: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by egopersonified(f): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2016
I got married in Christ embassy without any issues. I noticed it is those that run after pastors and they know everything about you that always have these issues, so I just played floor member till I got married.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by petra1(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2016
michaelobinna:
This is not an attack on any church

1. Their unpaid tithes since they have been attending the church was calculated and it amounted to 1.2 million naira which must be paid before they are joined together

You and your uncle are a joke rather. There's no such doctrine in CEC . We worship God with our tithes and offering as bible commands but it's not a criterial for marriage . It may be a criteria for being a leader or a pastor but not marriage . If they have issue with marriage . It may range from , medical test, family approval, attending foundation school , cell meetings ,marriage classes . If they were cohabiting , church may stop the relationship , if test reveal pregnancy , the marriage get cancelled . They may only do marriage blessing .

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 26, 2016
petra1:

You and your uncle are a joke rather. There's no such doctrine in CEC . We worship God with our tithes and offering as bible commands but it's not a criterial for marriage . It may be a criteria for being a leader or a pastor but not marriage . If they have issue with marriage . It may range from , medical test, family approval, attending foundation school , cell meetings ,marriage classes . If they were cohabiting , church may stop the relationship , if test reveal pregnancy , the marriage get cancelled . They may only do marriage blessing .

so because I intend to get married and I inform the pastor about and who in turn decided to pray about or some of those things u listed above means they should delay me for a more than a year ....

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by petra1(m): 8:47am On Jul 26, 2016
michaelobinna:
so because I intend to get married and I inform the pastor about and who in turn decided to pray about or some of those things u listed above means they should delay me for a more than a year ....

It's only if they were living together that they may be asked to separate . For about a year.

But the story you gave is not true . How can the church mandate you to pay tithes before marriage . Is it anybody's business if I pay my tithe or not? It's between me and the God I worship.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Amberon11: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2016
oo
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2016
petra1:

It's only if they were living together that they may be asked to separate . For about a year.

But the story you gave is not true . How can the church mandate you to pay tithes before marriage . Is it anybody's business if I pay my tithe or not? It's between me and the God I worship.
it's the whole truth, they later got married @ assemblies of God church, not even a single pastor or member from CE was present

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by OnWebTech: 11:20am On Jul 26, 2016
Na to go do court wedding na...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by asdfjklhaha(f): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by shamecurls(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2016
grin grin grin

Religion and Scam is like Okro soup and Garri

14 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by SamMilla1(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2016
These rouges are getting bolder by the day. And that's because the blockheads all over Nigeria and Africa are too lazy and brainwashed to think. They rather believe than think. They rather close their eyes and pray for help than work.

If I ask you to stop wasting your time going to these Churches, the Jesus Military group will descend on me while the Muhammed Army support me, until I ask them to stop going to Mosques too.

That's how silly and confused the entire black race has become.

99 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Seun(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2016
Religion strikes again! Obviously, the last thing a newlywed couple needs is a debt of 1.2 million naira.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by phenzy(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm,fr dis small planet where we dey

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Elsquidme(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
petra1:

so you're implying he LIED?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
op how were they able to calculate the tithes, does it means CEC have register for tithe, Where members write down their names every sunday before dropping their tithes And mod foolishly push this trash to fp without investigation

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by omogin(f): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Your blackmail is stupid.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by gbishman: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Thats a joke, that is completely false i don't believe that

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by fiftynaira(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
End time church

The pastor wey go wed the couple no be divorcee him be?
sin!
Make d husband shun d wife after all masturbation ain't no sin!

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by hemartins(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2016
Not new
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by plentyz: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2016
modelmike7:
My Darling Jesus will be like " 'smh' to these guys down there! You will all meet me on the judgement day!"

abi oo ma broda
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by blaise00700(m): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2016
None of my biz, i don't attend Christ embassy. angry

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by olaarie(m): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2016
I believe the story but I doubt if the church leaders asked the presiding pastor to do such thing.

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by balancediet(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2016
i really doubt the authenticity of this report.

3 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by ayaotas: 11:28am On Jul 26, 2016
Your uncle is not truthful

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by oloriooko(m): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2016
michaelobinna:
Christ Embassy Church Is A Big Joke: This is not an attack on any church.

My uncle happens to be a staunch member of christ embassy, so he decides to get married and mid last year he brought his wife to be to introduce her to my parents, we all started looking forward to the wedding but as months rolled by we didn't hear or see any preparations
Along the line my mum decided to know what the delay for, my uncle told my mum that their pastor asked yhem to hold on that they still checking , verifying and praying about it, months kept rolling by they said stil on it ... We keep watching ..it was only until a month ago that they decided to get wedded in another Church in the lady hometown, funny enough nobody or pastor from his church attended the wedding

Out of curiosity I decide to ask why they weren't joined together at his church and I began to hear of the ridiculous things that they were asked to do before the church joins them but the most baffling one is this below :

OP I tend to think you fabricated this story if not please mention the names of your uncle and fiance and the church they attend possibly the pastor's name
But if this "story" is true then the man should leave the church and go marry elsewhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Dinocarex(m): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Religion na politics
*In Majek Fasek's voice*

When will you be free oh Africa!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Chanchit: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2016
1.2m!? Lmao! how them take calculate am, can't they wait for God to collect the money himself. awon eleribu! dem go dey fly private jet when member never pay house rent.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / The Link Between Sex And Death / Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.