Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage (34887 Views)

Christ Embassy Branch In United Kingdom Declared Bankrupt / The Complete Truth About Tithes As Summarised By Pastor Reno Omokri / Christ Embassy Pastor In 4 Abortions Mess With Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
White wedding first of all has long ago defiled the purpose which signifies the purity of the bride, it is the white man's tradition, it has been answered by different pastors that traditional wedding is the real wedding. As far as I am concerned, traditional wedding, registry and Thanksgiving /blessing of marriage is the best pattern to follow.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Wisdomuchendu: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
michaelobinna:
Christ Embassy Church Is A Big Joke: This is not an attack on any church.

My uncle happens to be a staunch member of christ embassy, so he decides to get married and mid last year he brought his wife to be to introduce her to my parents, we all started looking forward to the wedding but as months rolled by we didn't hear or see any preparations
Along the line my mum decided to know what the delay for, my uncle told my mum that their pastor asked yhem to hold on that they still checking , verifying and praying about it, months kept rolling by they said stil on it ... We keep watching ..it was only until a month ago that they decided to get wedded in another Church in the lady hometown, funny enough nobody or pastor from his church attended the wedding

Out of curiosity I decide to ask why they weren't joined together at his church and I began to hear of the ridiculous things that they were asked to do before the church joins them but the most baffling one is this below :

1. Their unpaid tithes since they have been attending the church was calculated and it amounted to 1.2 million naira which must be paid before they are joined together

Guy see your uncle is not telling you the major reason why they were delayed. Its not because of tithe. Your tithe is between you and your God,Nobody monitors it in Christ Embassy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by wirelessmaster: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dear Naija,

I am also called into ministry by God through the Holy Spirit. I would not judge the writer or the Pastor. Only God knows what happened. It is true God wants meats to be in His House to further his cause on earth and for the benefit of those who are making sure that the altar does not lack meat. I totally disagree with forcing people using spiritual decree like an indirect curse to compel members to bring tithe and offering to to the altar.

If actually, it is the people who pay that are blessed, then everybody should be left to his conscience. In Nigeria and Africa where poverty is high, many people may never pay & there will be no money to run church, in some churches, there are tithes card, for those closer to pastors or those whom the pastor knows are earning big salaries or big income in a small or medium sized church, pastor may want to know their contribution indirectly into church. In some cases, only good members of the church enjoy the benefit of the church, one of the criteria of good membership of the church is your payment of tithe. If you live big and close to pastor in small church, you may be easily noticed if you are not paying regularly or even not paying at all. The truth is that most of us do not pay tithe, what we pay is offering. Most of the time, the total amount of offering and other commitment in the church is far above one-tenth of our income for that period. This is for those thinking about the survival of the church and the spread of the gospel.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by menxer: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
erico2k2:

So they also teach you in your so called CEC that you should call others a big Joke when their opinions don't tally with yours right ? And I learnt one new thing today about CEC it's ok for the pastor to divorce his wife . So how does he give marriage canceling ? What happens to all those books he wrote about marriage etc.

That's a very apt pun, maybe that is why his marriage cancelled. grin

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Larryfest(m): 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
chillyjones:

Mr perfect man..you never marry o!
Lol....nobody perfect and i never marry but reading all those their marriage books or whateva its called all this while one would expect more from them than what we kept reading on social media about their own marriage. If they who claim to be closer to God can do this then what should be expected of me wey no even near God atal Are we not supposed to learn from them?
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Your latter statements is what most churches are.
that is why people have to be aware of the bible's standard which should not be exchanged for doctrines.All this white man's mentality we have need to be washed out, even the bible doesn't mention white wedding but dowry.most of this things in the white wedding were grabbed from the Romans. Africans need to know their roots because even the whites have lost the moral ground to decipher right from wrong, they are going back on the things they once told us was right, from marriage between a man and woman they are now telling us a man and man can also get married, so we need to look and screen everything they once told us was right and retrace our steps back to our own roots

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by WhiskeyTangoFox: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
JUBILEE2000:
This story is far from the truth eventhough am not a fan of that denomination. How did they arrive at that figure? Do they work for the church to ascertain how much they earn and how much their tithe should be?

As I said, I'm sure this happens in some churches. They ask members how much they earn monthly then expect 10% as tithes. I don't know if op is lying or not in this particular scenario but I know some churches do this. Even in Catholic churches, as a man, u shld be a member of a society (e.g CMO) in th church and they have dues and levies within those societies. You'll have to be up to date with your payments for the church to be involved in your marriage or any event planned. To the doubters, for the fact you're not aware of this practise doesn't mean it's fabricated. This I'm certain of!
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
ruggedised:
op how were they able to calculate the tithes, does it means CEC have register for tithe, Where members write down their names every sunday before dropping their tithes And mod foolishly push this trash to fp without investigation
I don't know anything about the story but they keep register for tithes

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by lilmax(m): 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
A big lie is what it is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
Most of you thinking I fabricated this story, what will be my gain from cooking up all these, the truth is that I only listed one of the conditions which seems delicate, what if I list the rest of the conditions he was given of which am going to do later on , you will all have a rethink.

To the christ embassy members, I need to also clear this which he told me ... He said sisters in the the church or not permitted to marry outside of the church, that the only condition for that to happen is that the sister will guarantee them to make the brother a full time member of the church...

3 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
You go fear "staunch member" uncle when de earn 12 million annually i.e 1 million monthly but no de pay tithe for one whole year. After commiting in church and refusing discipline they run to another church and try to pull down their former church with half truths. You uncle will soon be a "Staunch" Muslim

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by honestivo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
The more serious the devil are to bring than this church the more glorious the church. So I don't bother about news like this because we're not ignorant of the strategy of the devil
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Lexusgs430: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
2dugged:
that is why people have to be aware of the bible's standard which should not be exchanged for doctrines.All this white man's mentality we have need to be washed out, even the bible doesn't mention white wedding but dowry.most of this things in the white wedding were grabbed from the Romans. Africans need to know their roots because even the whites have lost the moral ground to decipher right from wrong, they are going back on the things they once told us was right, from marriage between a man and woman they are now telling us a man and man can also get married, so we need to look and screen everything they once told us was right and retrace our steps back to our own roots

Our people have simply been religiously brainwashed
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by BlackSeptember: 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
Seun:
Religion strikes again! Obviously, the last thing a newlywed couple needs is a debt of 1.2 million naira.
You and anything against religion are like pear and corn

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
Wisdomuchendu:

Guy see your uncle is not telling you the major reason why they were delayed. Its not because of tithe. Your tithe is between you and your God,Nobody monitors it in Christ Embassy
In your church maybe nobody monitors it, but in another CEC I know, it is being monitored.... #Cant say why#

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by funstufz: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
Lying to get cheap attention...

maybe your uncle just said that to avoid telling you the main thing why his marriage was not conducted in the church

am not a member but i want to believe that you are lying

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by ikorodureporta: 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
End-time bizcentre undecided

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Okeikpu(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
SamMilla1:
These rouges are getting bolder by the day. And that's because the blockheads all over Nigeria and Africa are too lazy and brainwashed to think. They rather believe than think. They rather close their eyes and pray for help rather than work.

If I ask you to stop wasting your time going to these Churches, the Jesus Military group will descend on me while the Muhammed Army support me, until I ask them to stop going to Mosques too.

That's how silly and confused the entire black race has become.

The only sensibleman here,
others are heavy mumu tongue

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by obinoral1179(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
egopersonified:
I got married in Christ embassy without any issues. I noticed it is those that run after pastors and they know everything about you that always have these issues, so I just played floor member till I got married.
but do you think the op assertion is true about your church?
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Arsenate(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
2dugged:
my God. You are very intelligent. I have to quote and tell you that.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
Arsenate:
my God. You are very intelligent. I have to quote and tell you that.
thanks
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by obinoral1179(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
petra1:

You and your uncle are a joke rather. There's no such doctrine in CEC . We worship God with our tithes and offering as bible commands but it's not a criterial for marriage . It may be a criteria for being a leader or a pastor but not marriage . If they have issue with marriage . It may range from , medical test, family approval, attending foundation school , cell meetings ,marriage classes . If they were cohabiting , church may stop the relationship , if test reveal pregnancy , the marriage get cancelled . They may only do marriage blessing .

op come and defend your uncle.
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by project4OO: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
**sigh**
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by lakeside3020(m): 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
op is a big fat liar, no such thing in CEC,that is how they lied that CEC collected 1k gate fee for a programme,rather it was a registration fee

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by oloriB(f): 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Topgainer:

Oga, know your facts! I joined in 2008 and I have finally left the ministry 2weeks ago. They are divorced, don't come here and put up rubbish defence! They collected 1,000 gate fee. You people are rich? Some of the brethren go extra unholy miles to come and give in church. We're you not in the service when Pastor Chris asked us to pray for Anita like she was an object in 2014,but would say I have never met someone I don't love. I pray God would open your eyes like he opened mine.
Yeah, let me help you!

That was how they brought the story to the fp that pastor and Anita were no longer together which is a big fat lie. No source, no concurrence or or anything... just one man said!!!
They said we collect gate fee at Crossover service. No source, no concurrence or or anything... just one man said!!!
What happens at Christ Embassy shouldn't be anybody's business. Busy body everywhere, they won't mind their business.
At Christ Embassy we are rich and prosperous, our meetings are crowded and manifestations of power. Inferior people will always criticize
Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by oloriB(f): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
michaelobinna:

True! 100%
Most of
you thinking I fabricated this story, what will be my gain from cooking up all these, the truth is that I only listed one of the conditions which seems delicate, what if I list the rest of the conditions he was given of which am going to do later on , you will all have a rethink.

To the christ embassy members, I need to also clear this which he told me ... He said sisters in the the church or not permitted to marry outside of the church, that the only condition for that to happen is that the sister will guarantee them to make the brother a full time member of the church...

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by travy: 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Anyone saying OP is lying is not well informed. I have heard of this happening in many churches including some foreign countries.

There was an incident about a church in the U.S. that failed to bury an old member because she didn't pay up her tithe before she died. The church was demanding that the children of the deceased pay the owed tithe before the church can attend the burial.

Fanaticism, tribalism, ethnicism, nepotism, lust for power and money are things that may eventually destroy humanity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by compujyde: 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by gare(f): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
petra1:

It's only if they were living together that they may be asked to separate . For about a year.

But the story you gave is not true . How can the church mandate you to pay tithes before marriage . Is it anybody's business if I pay my tithe or not? It's between me and the God I worship.

Since you worship there why don't you find out, the main church may not be into that but some other branches of CEC could be into it, my brother in-law and the wife attend the church, and his has the right to choose the kind of gift he should be given, whenever you buy him a gift he would call you back to go and change it that he doesn't like the one you bought, that kind of pastor can stop your marriage because of tithes, so don't sit here and hold be the lawyer the church never made you.

A lot of these pastors see themselves as God, they can do and undo.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage by kachola: 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
michaelobinna:
Christ Embassy Church Is A Big Joke: This is not an attack on any church.

My uncle happens to be a staunch member of christ embassy, so he decides to get married and mid last year he brought his wife to be to introduce her to my parents, we all started looking forward to the wedding but as months rolled by we didn't hear or see any preparations
Along the line my mum decided to know what the delay for, my uncle told my mum that their pastor asked yhem to hold on that they still checking , verifying and praying about it, months kept rolling by they said stil on it ... We keep watching ..it was only until a month ago that they decided to get wedded in another Church in the lady hometown, funny enough nobody or pastor from his church attended the wedding

Out of curiosity I decide to ask why they weren't joined together at his church and I began to hear of the ridiculous things that they were asked to do before the church joins them but the most baffling one is this below :

1. Their unpaid tithes since they have been attending the church was calculated and it amounted to 1.2 million naira which must be paid before they are joined together
My friend stop this lies abeg,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Link Between Sex And Death / 6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / Could Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Be A Fulfilment Of Biblical Prophecy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.