Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari (2057 Views)

Model Of Proposed Flyover And Pedestrian Bridges At Pen Cinema, Agege (Photos) / Deji Adeyanju Says Buhari Is Wearing N2m Shoes Despite Recession (Pics) / Africa Is Lazy About Diversification: Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Jirate(m): 1:12am On Jul 26, 2016
As Iranian investors storm Nigeria
Tobi Soniyi in Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari has said the Federal Government would work to ameliorate the challenges facing the Nigerian economy within a short period by under-studying the experiences of countries like Iran which thrived in adversity.

This was contained in a statement issued on Monday in Abuja by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina.

He Buhari spoke during a meeting with a Special Envoy from the President of Islamic Republic of Iran, Mohammad Javad Zarif, at the State House.

Buhari said the Iranian economy remained an inspiration for Nigeria in the deployment of technology to harness and export gas, grow food for the populace and promote entrepreneurship in education.

He said: “The progress made by Iran within a short period of 30 years is really commendable. Within the period, you have been able to harness gas flaring, and you are now exporting. You have recorded strides in security, manufacturing, agriculture and technology.

“You have also achieved a lot in nuclear research. I must also congratulate you for successfully negotiating with America and the European countries on the development of your nuclear energy.”

The president noted that Nigeria had all the potentials for growing into a great economy through more inclusive planning, consistency in government policies and commitment to the realization of development targets.

“In Nigeria, we are learning. We are learning the hard way through hardship, and we are learning very quickly on how to explore other sectors of the economy like gas, solid minerals and agriculture for growth.

“We are grateful for your support and cooperation in opening up the Nigerian economy for diversification,’’ Buhari told the envoy.
Not less than seventy Iranian investors and businessmen are presently in Nigeria scouting for potential areas to‎ put their resources into.

The investors are already holding discussions with a view to investing in sectors like banking, education, scholarship, agriculture, energy, tourism and technology development.
Zrif, also the Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs, who disclosed these, said the Iranian government would support the ongoing restructuring of the Nigerian economy.

He said: “We are very keen to see a better and stronger relationship with Nigeria, which is the largest country in Africa and a major global player.”

Zarif said he came into Nigeria with a delegation of more than 70 members of the Iranian business community who had already started discussions on investing in sectors like banking, education, scholarship, agriculture, energy, tourism and technology development.

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/07/25/nigeria-to-under-study-iranian-model-of-diversification-says-buhari/

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Jirate(m): 1:14am On Jul 26, 2016

“In Nigeria, we are learning. We are learning the hard way through hardship, and we are learning very quickly on how to explore other sectors of the economy like gas, solid minerals and agriculture for growth.

Only Buhari appears not to be Learning……….despite all the Information at his Disposal. He keeps reading but doesn’t Understand any Thing. cool

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Chanchit: 1:25am On Jul 26, 2016
I hope it won't get to a stage where Nigerians would have to diversify to the nearest country.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by koboko69: 1:58am On Jul 26, 2016
[s]
Jirate:

Only Buhari appears not to be Learning……….despite all the Information at his Disposal. He keeps reading but doesn’t Understand any Thing. cool
[/s]

Ok

You have made your sensless point...

I have given u ur first LIKE. Hope u are OK now?

Now walk out of the thread and shut the door behind you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by estyvino(m): 3:32am On Jul 26, 2016
You no see better country go na people wey we better pass.

I just returned from Iran, nothing dey there! Weyting dey there na bomb factory and musque!

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by DonBobes(m): 3:47am On Jul 26, 2016
estyvino:

I just returned from Iran, nothing dey there! Weyting dey there na bomb factory and musque!

grin
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Luckymay(f): 3:59am On Jul 26, 2016
My Dear country is now being compared to Iran the war zone. I don't trust those Arabic guys. They may have come to tutor boko boys on how to operate in the guise that they are looking for where to invest. The way Nigerian movies portray every village old woman as a witch is the way Hollywood movies portray any Arabs as a potential terrorist and it can only mean one thing 'they cannot be trusted" not when we have someone like mr buhari as president.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Standing5(m): 4:16am On Jul 26, 2016
What do we have in common with Iran? This Islamist is always trying to give his revival agenda of the economy an Islamic face even when not merited. What's in diversification. We can even diversify our oil sector by refining most of our crude locally. Does Iran posses the kind of Land Nigeria posses. Does Iran face the kind of structural and systemic challenges we face? Why attempt to draw a parallel with a nation that rewards productivity, that has water, power, real industries and roads?
You are barely succeding yet you are being carried away.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by omenka(m): 6:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Luckymay:
My Dear country is now being compared to Iran the war zone. I don't trust those Arabic guys. They may have come to tutor boko boys on how to operate in the guise that they are looking for where to invest. The way Nigerian movies portray every village old woman as a witch is the way Hollywood movies portray any Arabs as a potential terrorist and it can only mean one thing 'they cannot be trusted" not when we have someone like mr buhari as president.
Standing5:
What do we have in common with Iran? This Islamist is always trying to give his revival agenda of the economy an Islamic face even when not merited. What's in diversification. We can even diversify our oil sector by refining most of our crude locally. Does Iran posses the kind of Land Nigeria posses. Does Iran face the kind of structural and systemic challenges we face? Why attempt to draw a parallel with a nation that rewards productivity, that has water, power, real industries and roads?
You are barely succeding yet you are being carried away.
You people should learn to find out a little about a subject before diving into it. You both sound like very little kids. Shiit like this is beyond you.

Go enlighten yourself a little about the worst regimes of US and EU sanctions since World War II and read about the countries that best weathered the storm- just go do a little research about the Iranian economy and come back and type something useful.

Una go just carry religious bigotry for head like something else.

If our governments had done 1/10th of what Iranians did under US, EU and UN sanctions, we wouldn't have been in the mess we are today. If Nigeria is put under 1/100th of the sanctions Iran was put under until just about a year ago when they were lifted, she would cease to exist in just months!

How could someone in their right senses call Iran a "war zone" that Nigeria should compare herself with?? Between Nigeria and Iran which country is more peaceful?? Which is more scientifically advanced?? Which is stronger a global power?? Which is more advanced technologically?? Who's people are more educated?? Na wa Oo!!

Make una try sabi book abeg- no be crime.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by wizard(m): 6:34am On Jul 26, 2016
I heard him say within 30yrs for Iran to have achieved d fleet... My brothers... Abeg make una tell dis man say we dey africa n na Naija for dat matter... Dem dey finish Bsc in 3yrs,we dey take 6yrs if na jst two time sch strike!!! Buhari,receive sense in d name of ur god n in Jesus name... Ah ah

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2016
Something tells me this PMB has gone out of favour with his US backers

Irans model cannot work here.

The country is an islamic regime where protest against the government can be brutal
The country has a unified heritage, one unique language (persia) and dominantly 1 sect of islam (shia)
They had to go back begging to be relieved of the sanctions,
They had backers(RUSSIA)
Lastly their president is not a dullard

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by philGeo(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2016
Why Iran? Please don't study them and study there Terrorism, Buhari you are terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Jirate(m): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2016
koboko69:

[s] Ok

You have made your sensless point...

I have given u ur first LIKE. Hope u are OK now?

Now walk out of the thread and shut the door behind you.[/s]

I didn't see your own sensible contribution to the thread, you must be a riffraff for switching your attention from the message to the courier. Dummy. cool
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by GoldenJAT(m): 7:37am On Jul 26, 2016
I wish I was the president!
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by drss(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2016
by d time dullard is through with nigeria, somalia will bcom a tourist heaven. old burukutu sipping kunu drinking dullad.
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by seunmsg(m): 7:44am On Jul 26, 2016
Luckymay:

Which war are they fighting in Iran? Seriously, why are you people so pathetically ignorant?

Iran was once an oil dependent country like Nigeria but they had to diversify their economy when the US and EU slammed various sanctions on them. They couldn't sell their oil as they used to but still, they found a way to survive despite the sanctions.

How they were able to quickly diversify away from oil revenue and sustained their economy during the period of the sanctions is what Buhari said Nigeria is willing to learn from. So, what's bad in that?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by LORDOFAFONJAS: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2016
omenka:
You people should learn to find out a little about a subject before diving into it. You both sound like very little kids. Shiit like this is beyond you.

Go enlighten yourself a little about the worst regimes of US and EU sanctions since World War II and read about the countries that best weathered the storm- just go do a little research about the Iranian economy and come back and type something useful.

If our governments had done 1/10th of what Iranians did under US, EU and UN sanctions, we wouldn't have been in the mess we are today. If Nigeria is put under 1/100th of the sanctions Iran was put under until just about a year ago when they were lifted, she would cease to exist in just months!

How could someone in their right senses call Iran a "war zone" that Nigeria should compare herself with?? Between Nigeria and Iran which country is more peaceful?? Which is more scientifically advanced?? Which is stronger a global power?? Which is more advanced technologically?? Who's people are more educated?? Na wa Oo!!

i reserve my comment, if i say anything I am very sure you will all the moderators to come and 'surcharge' me.

Learn to grow up son, not everything you tell daddy to come fight for you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Luckymay(f): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2016
seunmsg:

Which war are they fighting in Iran? Seriously, why are you people so pathetically ignorant?

Iran was once an oil dependent country like Nigeria but they had to diversify their economy when the US and EU slammed various sanctions on them. They couldn't sell their oil as they used to but still, they found a way to survive despite the sanctions.

How they were able to quickly diversify away from oil revenue and sustained their economy during the period of the sanctions is what Buhari said Nigeria is willing to learn from. So, what's bad in that?
So are you saying Iran were never at war? And when next you try to correct someone, avoid insults. I bet you wouldn't want us to continue that Lane this morning so I'll let it pass.
Lastly I understand where the president is coming from but why Iran? He could have used some other countries.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Luckymay(f): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2016
omenka:

Are you done with your insults or do you still have more coming?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by seunmsg(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2016
Luckymay:

So are you saying Iran were never at war? And when next you try to correct someone, avoid insults. I bet you wouldn't want us to continue that Lane this morning so I'll let it pass.
Lastly I understand where the president is coming from but why Iran? He could have used some other countries.

Nigeria once fought a brutal civil war, would it be right to describe Nigeria currently as a war zone?

Sorry about the insult, it is not intentional.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by hadukwu1007: 8:08am On Jul 26, 2016
omenka:

I swear i was taken aback..smone even called Iran an Arab country...It shows dey don't even knw any tin abt dt country...dey've bn under sanctions since 1979 after d revolution but dz guys still manage to swim against d tide...til today, d tin still dey surpryz me...dey r yrs ahead of d Arabs in all ramifications.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Luckymay(f): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2016
seunmsg:

Nigeria once fought a brutal civil war, would it be right to describe Nigeria currently as a war zone?

Sorry about the insult, it is not intentional.
No offense taken.
I understand Nigeria and Iran were both at war but you can't compare Nigeria with Iran. They've been able to survive cos even before the war they were better than Nigeria politically and economically. They had nuclear power and still do Nigeria never did and I don't think they ever will. They had few countries backing them up. At least half of the country were fighting for one course. Do you think Nigeria can survive the kind of war and unrest the Iran went through before arriving here? Nigerians are not patriotic. They have diversified beliefs, almost every state wants to become sovereign Republic. Our politicians are filled with greed. Sorry to say but Nigerians as a whole are cowards who only run their mouths but back out when the real actions come. I take my biafran brothers as example. I think you will agree with me that Iran are more brutal and than Nigeria. They can fight to the death believing wat their Koran tells them but Nigerian at the mention of money will sell you every piece of information at his disposal. I hope with these few points I have been able to convince you that Nigeria can never be compared with Iran.
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by aariwa(m): 8:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Buhari is in the habit of making statements he knows he cannot implement whenever he is under pressure ie What happened the promises of working refinery,yuan deal etc
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Onyocha: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2016
Suprnov3r:
Something tells me this PMB has gone out of favour with his US backers

Irans model cannot work here.

The country is an islamic regime where protest against the government can be brutal
The country has a unified heritage, one unique language (persia) and dominantly 1 sect of islam (shia)
They had to go back begging to be relieved of the sanctions,
They had backers(RUSSIA)
Lastly their president is not a dullard

you are just speaking out of your stomach.

Iran does not have a unifying language. there are Kurds, Arabs, Balouch,Azeris, etc. majority or about half of Iranians are Persians. but like Nigeria, Iran has many ethnic groups and languages. the only unifying force is religion. over 90% are unified by Shia Islam. the Supreme Leader is not Persian; he is from the minority Azeri ethnic group. yet, in Iran, you find more major religions than in Nigeria. there are Zoroastrians, Jews, Christians, Sunni Muslims etc. so Iran, like Nigeria, and India, is very diverse.

the truth of the matter is the western world intend to keep other countries as CONSUMER nations and always working hard only to feed; i.e. slaving to feed. they do not want other countries to reach their level. Iran is a developing/emerging third world country. and Iran has been punished for its quest to break free from western tutelage, sanctions, and dictates. Iran still found its way out. they stood on their feet and relied on themselves to build their economy away from oil. the west think without oil Iran would not survive. that goes to show the impression the White man has about African, Asian and Middle East countries.
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Onyocha: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2016
Luckymay:

you are mistaking Iran for Iraq. Iran is very peaceful. when last did you hear of an explosion in Iran.

You call Iran an Arab country. it is majority Persian with many non-Arabic ethnicity. the Arabic speaking community are a small minority in Iran.

you link Iran to boko. boko is Salafist Sunni. Iran is Shia. the two dont see eye to eye.
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by ATERI(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2016
Septuagenarian apprentice; not so funny if you have been operating at the federal level since the 70s!
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by hajifaty: 9:42am On Jul 26, 2016
hadukwu1007:

I swear i was taken aback..smone even called Iran an Arab country...It shows dey don't even knw any tin abt dt country...dey've bn under sanctions since 1979 after d revolution but dz guys still manage to swim against d tide...til today, d tin still dey surpryz me...dey r yrs ahead of d Arabs in all ramifications.
Are you taking all these indomie kids serious? They don't know shiit about what is going on in their own country. Imagine these kids calling Iran an Arab country. Nigeria as a nation has a lot to learn from Iran. Don't mind all these half baked graduates and religion bigots in here.
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Luckymay(f): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2016
Onyocha:

you are mistaking Iran for Iraq. Iran is very peaceful. when last did you hear of an explosion in Iran.

You call Iran an Arab country. it is majority Persian with many non-Arabic ethnicity. the Arabic speaking community are a small minority in Iran.

you link Iran to boko. boko is Salafist Sunni. Iran is Shia. the two dont see eye to eye.
Maybe I'm mistaking the two sha. Just maybe. Thanks though
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by obailala(m): 10:08am On Jul 26, 2016
estyvino:

Who be this pikin?... What make you think you are anywhere close to iran in terms of technology or development or even their economy?
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by hadukwu1007: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
hajifaty:

Are you taking all these indomie kids serious? They don't know shiit about what is going on in their own country. Imagine these kids calling Iran an Arab country. Nigeria as a nation has a lot to learn from Iran. Don't mind all these half baked graduates and religion bigots in here.
They need to do more "reading/research" dan "pinging" n "gossip"....one of dem even said Iran z a "war zone" n she nva knew dt d last tym Iran was involved in a conventional war was btw 1980-1988 with Saddam Hussein's Army(IRAQ).....I gv up!!!!!.....I tink der z an urgent need to introduce HISTORY in our curriculum.
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Standing5(m): 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
omenka:

Pls don't ever quote me, issue direct insult, and then give vaque explanation. Don't try it in again in your life. If you can't delve deeper into you own arguement, it is better to keep shut.
Re: Nigeria To Under-Study Iranian Model Of Diversification, Says Buhari by Confusionist(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
Jirate:

bit he knew how to make Fowler generate 500billion which accounts for 70% of the allocations shared tobstates in June?
He knew how to finish a project that there president including your clueless GEJ had worked on?
He knew how to fight corruption with technology?

Don't worry...I knw u're confused...
I pray u'll never learn...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Edo State Governor, Lucky Igbinedion And His Wife Eki Unleash PDA / IPOB Youth Claimed To Be Shot By Military NOT Dead / Nnamdi Kanu's Fight For Biafra, An Act Of Cowardice, illitracy And Stupidity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.