Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,614 members, 7,801,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC (25823 Views)

NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin / Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) / Start Oil Exploration In Benue - Buhari Orders NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 9:57am On Jul 26, 2016
lordyugo:

am hoping u wr standing in the mirror nd pointing at urself wen u wrote this.

Actually. I condescended to your level of reasoning to pass the message across
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by sweetilicious(f): 10:01am On Jul 26, 2016
castrogee:
For brownies who still believe in one Nigeria... This is to tell you that your masters up north are even getting ready for the inevitable. So keep hoping
I kept on arguing that this man came to develop the north with the little money left. They know that agitation from southerners will continue. Develop the north then give freedom to them.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 10:03am On Jul 26, 2016
Pavore9:

I mean are there no other resource we could expend our effort in. The government has not yet shown equal passion in Agriculture which accrues more benefits to Nigerians than oil.

Truth is, the government have shown enough passion in Agriculture, through the Federal Ministry of Agric. Reality is that these cannot be seen now as they need about 15-18months before you see the "fruits" of their commercial investments wholesome. But I will encourage you to follow the twitter handle - FmardNg
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mapet: 10:07am On Jul 26, 2016
Redoil:
dangote is having a rethink abov the refinary ish due to

.....and I guess Dangote told you this on his last trip to your house? Or was it after a recent tour guide he gave the Vice President, the Governor of Lagos among other dignitaries at the refinery? At times you people just exhaust my patience when I see some nonsense you spew......
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Pavore9: 10:12am On Jul 26, 2016
mapet:

Truth is, the government have shown enough passion in Agriculture, through the Federal Ministry of Agric. Reality is that these cannot be seen now as they need about 15-18months before you see the "fruits" of their commercial investments wholesome. But I will encourage you to follow the twitter handle - FmardNg

Am observing because Agriculture is my forte and I know it is not rocket science to make the impact felt within one year in office.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by teebillz: 10:17am On Jul 26, 2016
glossy6:

Imagine being banned for a post like this;

Really? The tunder wey go fire these clueless mods just booked Arik Ticket online now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by thomasthomas: 10:17am On Jul 26, 2016
ramond007:
Buhari is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria,I hate him to my marrows!!!!
That's why you are where you are!

Frustrated

Depressed

Angry

Lonely

Sad...

Good luck to you

Buhari is here to stay! Deal it with or stay in your world of frustration!
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by tonio2wo: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2016
I have said it and will keep saying it! Its all about the oil!!

The money this old oaf wants to waste on this wild goose chase would have been used in the so-called diversifying he had been preaching since.

Anyway this news is for his brainless followers, the Zombies!

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by tonio2wo: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2016
glossy6:

Imagine being banned for a post like this;

Someone( a mod who dont like u) is stalking u then! That's how bad it is now on this site. Even if you say "hello" to ur fellow nl, the mod that is stalking u might decide to ban u for it. And there is no where to complain to d owner of the site. Even if u write d mods they wont respond.

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2016
Is this how you want to diversify our economy? This is the worst mistake we have made.

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by FKseun(m): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2016
From your posts, it is very clear that many of you are ignorant of what transpires in the oil industry...very ignorant!
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Skmoda360(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Oh yeah!! You prophets of diversification,your president is diversifying from ND oil to northerb oil.All hail the Oyel president!!!

Zombies am sure finally you people have seen the kind of people you voted!!! Zero investment ideas!!
'oyel' wey dem get for that Northern zone put together no reach Ondo state 'oyel' wey them nevr touch not to talk of ND...so much for a dullard president.

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by ojtech8291: 11:52am On Jul 26, 2016
Always building castle in the air!! Nawao...

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by eDDIY: 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Anytime this man makes a decision it's like ants are feasting on my balls... What is going on.. If there is oil so what.. The oil price is down leave the oil and gas industry.. Can someone change that to hausa or some military code....

2 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mesoprogress(m): 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
mapet:

1. I have been in the industry for double the years you posted up there; just you know you're not talking to no novice.
2. Pls, do cut the chase on the bold and show me the certified report with which you came to this assertion
3. See some exerpts on - Exploration in the days of Diezani

"Mrs. Alison Madueke as saying that "Though it is too early to be categorical, there is a possibility that we may find oil in commercial quantity in the Chad Basin because of the discoveries of commercial hydrocarbon deposits in neighboring countries of Chad, Niger and Sudan which have similar structural settings with the Chad Basin. Therefore it is prudent to aggressively explore the Chad Basin for possible hydrocarbon deposits, ’’ the Minister stated." http://nnpcgroup.com/PublicRelations/NNPCinthenews/tabid/92/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/36/NNPC-Intensifies-Exploration-Activities-in-Chad-BasinTo-Acquire-33-550-sq-km-of-3-D-seismic-data-for-processingAs-Diezani-Alison-Madueke-calls-for-strengthening-of-Efforts.aspx

4. Now compare to Days of Kachikwu

“There are signs from the latest 3D seismic studies that oil may well be very close to being found now in Lake Chad after very many years of trials,” added group managing director Ibe Kachikwu.

Kachikwu, appointed in August to overhaul the state-run group, described the potential find as “very key” and indicated it would help access to crude in northern Nigeria.

“I am optimistic that by the end of the year we should be able to announce something major on this,” he was quoted as saying in an emailed statement on Sunday evening. http://guardian.ng/news/significant-oil-find-possible-in-lake-chad-basin-nigeria/

Summary
1. The exploration work is ungoing. The 3D had not been concluded. We may even decide to further do a 4D/5D Pseudo-Seismic studies to explore deeper sections to further confirm the findings
2. The exploration in the Chad-Basin at this stage is to establish reserves in commercial quantity. Shell has already made some discovery in the area......If NNPC makes further discovery, this can only logically lead to increased exploration by IOCs....then to final development.......what is the harm in this?
Definitely no harm in trial - but the effort is just by federal government as against independent producing companies/ joint ventures.This means the risk is high. Like I said earlier , and you rightly pointed, seismic data do show presence of hydrocarbon. Few exploration wells dug were oil-wet. Resolution of seismic data does not show if it is in commercial quantity until you actually drill through the formations and perform a comprehensive well logging program and formation testing. I have drilled a number of exploration wells myself. I'm well versed in it. They can go ahead, if it makes them happy.

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Aaronzy: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
codemaniacs:

The farms are in the middle belt that's why they forced the name "north-central" on them..

The north doesn't have s:hit. Except mineral resources which they illegally extract.
Ipob youth deceiving himself.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by lordyugo: 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
mapet:

Actually. I condescended to your level of reasoning to pass the message across

hilarious , nvr knew u can use the word "condescend" wen talking bout a reasoning on a higher plane than urs.
u tried to ascend to my level of reasoning but am sure ur brain hurts now.

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by holland002(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
ramond007:
Buhari is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria,I hate him to my marrows!!!!
this man does not know u oooo
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by bluehill: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
[/b]
ramond007:

[b]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color] You can go and die
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Bekeem(f): 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
Oil no dey for north e no dey. If buhari likes let him turn the north upsidedown he will never find oil in commercial quantity. Instead of him to look for a way to bring back to life textile industry and groundnut pyramid he is busy looking for a needle in a hay sack.

3 Likes

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Standing5(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
yusscity:
****ur pained dat north has oil...God blesses Nigeria beyond ur imagination only d wise know this.....****
You are the type that when given a chance in police force go about treating[b] suspicion as a crime[/b]. The suspicion of oil presense don't equate to oil presense.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by zeusdgrt(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Elsquidme:
Then you are EVILL and old as the DEVILL/SATAN himself

Sorry don't talk with imbeciles or kids,seek relevance or attention from somewhere else nt me.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by mickool(m): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
What do you expect? since the avengers no allow them to work, the best option is to change direction.Nice one baba

1 Like

Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by millionaireman: 1:57am On Jul 27, 2016
shamecurls:
Brilliant one!

Diversifying even our oil exploration and exploitation.

Buhari piloting Nigeria to somewhere I can see vividly

Change is here to stay and the future is bright even though we might be on rough waters now.

God bless President Mohammadu Buhari

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

DIVERSIFICATION OF NIGERIA'S ECONOMY, NOT POLITICAL RESTRUCTURING - THAT IS THE NEW TRICK PHRASE BEING EMPLOYED BY THOSE NIGERIANS WHO WANT THE POLITICAL STATUS QUO PROLONGED.

As they talk about diversification from oil, Buhari is ploughing resources into oil exploration in the north.

Do Nigerians believe in diversification? Nigerians are fixed on crude oil for sustenance.
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by TruthisGOD: 3:05am On Jul 27, 2016
mesoprogress:
I have worked in oil field for 8+ years, a Petroleum geologist. I haven't worked in Chad basin but have spoken with professional colleagues, and seen the basin data myself. Seismic data suggest presence of hydrocarbon, actual exploration wells show presence of oil wet sands. Field architecture show possible oil migration to Chad republic side. Chad is already producing this oil and selling. There is possibility of finally getting extractable oil. Question is - what quantity, is it worth it? Is this purely a political move? To be frank with you, it's easier to get hydrocarbon in southern States - East, West, Niger delta than this misplaced priority. It's a waste
There are some flaws in your statements though you're to an extent correct if the following are adjusted: seismic data can never show the presence of oil but oil trap if any. It is actual drilling using wireline loggin or LWD in conjunction with reservoir data that will show the presence of oil and the probable quantity. Now, by your assertion what you mean is that seismic data shows oil trap but the trapped oil migrated to Chad. I think that assertion is wrong cos oil can never migrate from oil trap except from the source rock. Although the location of the source rock has being a subject of debate in the petroleum industry; howerver research has it that it is not far from the oil trap. Your assertion maybe correct if the Nigeria-chad basin is the source rock. Hence, oil migrated from the source rock (Nigeria-chad basin) to Chad (oil trap) becos of their proximity. In conclusion, if the can locate an oil trap in the Nigeria-chad basin through seismic exploration, it is very likely that the will hit oil either in commercial quantity or otherwise. The key is the oil trap!
Re: Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC by Codes151(m): 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
I get why u had to remov kwachi...no shaking bubu. Ride on!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Charles Soludo's Inaugural Address As Anambra State Governor (Photos) / Seun Kuti: I Was A Fool When I Campaigned For Tinubu In 1999 / Man Attempts To Drink Gutter Water In Celebration Of Governor Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.