Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? (10011 Views)

Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? / Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Replace Jews with "Jesus" and answer the question thencheesy

Edit your question and repost it first then I will take your question as being intelligent and respond to it.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I didn't read that properly

My apologies

I've edited it

You keep proving me right all the time. You always lack the knowledge of that which you criticise.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by JackBizzle: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Christians are permitted to follow societal laws when it is congruous with God's laws .So if you are a Christian and you are of marriageable age according to your societal law then you can marry .

youngestland:

simply put, societal laws gives moral and not your holy books

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4020783_knockoutpunch_jpegc5ddb73f018583455562846a76c86caf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I didn't read that properly

My apologies

I've edited it

If you could not understand the one paragraph statement made by winner01 is it a 5 paragraph response that you would understand?

You always are faster than yourself and ask baseless and ridiculous questions without first taking time to understand what you are responding to. What does that say to you about yourself? Attention deficit disorder or something else?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Pedophilia is sexual perversion and can also be seen under fornication or sexual immorality . It is unnatural to lust after a child . Eww !

1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Child marriage wrong because the child is immature . It is usually done out of lust and the child is forced against her will or inveigled to commit to a man . Being married to a child is ungodly and can be seen as another form of pedophilia .

Lust is wrong . Persuasion using deceit -inveigling - is wrong . And the fact she is being coerced to do so means it is wrong

Jude 1:7
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Being married to a child or having sex with a child can be seen as an unnatural desire and that is perversion - so its wrong.
[size=18pt]HYPOCRITE HE DIDN'T SAY JUDAISM BUT CHRISTIANITY!!![/size]

5 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If you could not understand the one paragraph statement made by winner01 is it a 5 paragraph response that you would understand?

You always are faster than yourself and ask baseless and ridiculous questions without first taking time to understand what you are responding to. What does that say to you about yourself? Attention deficit disorder or something else?

No surprises you're taking full advantage of this despite my admitting my wrong

What does that say about you?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Lilbrown007:

[size=21pt]HYPOCRITE HE DIDN'T SAY JUDAISM BUT CHRISTIANITY!!![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by babajeje123(m): 10:50am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Hi Christians

Since Christians claim morality comes from the Bible, what is the Bible's view on pedophilia and child marriage?

Do you endorse child marriage and Pedophilia? If no, why is it wrong? Where does the bible condemn it?

If I marry a 12 year old that has hit puberty and/or have sex with her, is it wrong? Where in the bible was it addressed as wrong?
I don't know what you want to justify by asking this question. However, let me start by saying marriage is a union between a MAN & a WOMAN. A girl of 12 years is not matured in most aspects. Emotionally, psychologically, physically & health wisely. As a matter of fact, puberty stage at such age does not indicate she is matured to go through the rigour of sexuality & child bearing. Rather, it indicates she can reproduce.
From the Bible, the first marriage God instituted was between a man & a woman and not minors.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by kilo4sure: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

Bla bla bla. Even during the time of Jesus the average age of marriage for the Jews was 13 for boys and 12 for girls. According to the Catholic encyclopaedia Mary the mother of Jesus married Joseph at age 12.
If the Jews married children off, that doesn't mean Christians should do same. Christians have Jewish foundation but are not Jews, hence are not obliged to live by that code. We are not to live by the old testament, but it is for our correction and learning, it shows our foundation and describes the heroes of faith, but it was exclusive. Christ has taught us the general code that would in turn embrace all cultures, love thy neighbor as thyself, and like Williams said he obviously had a high regard for little children. If you are a girl you would hardly want to be married off at the age of twelve. But ancient cultures had little regard for the girl child, so why should they care about her feelings?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2016
winner01:
I know the motives of atheists on Nairaland and thats why I have stopped giving to them Biblical explanations. Its better to discuss atheism with them so that they can see how empty and vain it really is.

For the sake of readers, I try to explain in the simplest manner.

Jesus expressed great love, care and concern towards children. He also stressed the truth of His father's concern for children in the opening parts of Matthew chapter 18.

In the same chapter, Jesus seriously warns; “But whosoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me or cause them to sin, it would have been better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the deepest part of the sea” (Matthew 18:6).

Offending a child or causing a little child to sin may mean many things.
We have heard of several murder cases in child marriage, where the child bride murders the husband. It may be because the child was obviously offended.

The word paedophilia does not appear in the Bible and so are several other words such as: age of consent, encyclopaedia, HIV, Cancer, Ebola and other contemporary terms.
And so to expect the Bible written several hundreds of years ago to mention all the words or laws we use today is folly.

This and the responses above are the answers to the Op, but sadly they are more interested in mocking rather than trying to understand the Word of God.

It seems to me that nothing would serve as someone for evidence for someone who desperately wants to wish God away.
But if you wish God does not exist, why try to encourage other people to share your futile wishes?. undecided

You Are Having A Legal Marriage With Them So Basically U Ain't Causing Them To Sin I Wonder How U Christians Think Sometimes

5 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Born2Freak(f): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija and Winner01,

I have been watching you guys from the sidelines and I want you guys to come to this thread and defend your christianity.

You guys were claiming that the bible is the standard for morality. Why is the bible then silent on underage marriage? How do you preach to a muslim girl that wants to get married at 14?

7 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2016
babajeje123:

I don't know what you want to justify by asking this question. However, let me start by saying marriage is a union between a MAN & a WOMAN. A girl of 12 years is not matured in most aspects. Emotionally, psychologically, physically & health wisely. As a matter of fact, puberty stage at such age does not indicate she is matured to go through the rigour of sexuality & child bearing. Rather, it indicates she can reproduce.
From the Bible, the first marriage God instituted was between a man & a woman and not minors.
So Would U Call God Fvcking Mary At The Age Of 12 Rape?? Would U Call It Child Abuse??

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

If the Jews married children off, that doesn't mean Christians should do same. Christians have Jewish foundation but are not Jews, hence are not obliged to live by that code. We are not to live by the old testament, but it is for our correction and learning, it shows our foundation and describes the heroes of faith, but it was exclusive. Christ has taught us the general code that would in turn embrace all cultures, love thy neighbor as thyself, and like Williams said he obviously had a high regard for little children. If you are a girl you would hardly want to be married off at the age of twelve. But ancient cultures had little regard for the girl child, so why should they care about her feelings?

What if a 12 year old "wants" to get married at that age? Is it wrong? Since society and the child allowed it

If its wrong, why?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Born2Freak(f): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2016
winner01:
I know the motives of atheists on Nairaland and thats why I have stopped giving to them Biblical explanations. Its better to discuss atheism with them so that they can see how empty and vain it really is.

For the sake of readers, I try to explain in the simplest manner.

Jesus expressed great love, care and concern towards children. He also stressed the truth of His father's concern for children in the opening parts of Matthew chapter 18.

In the same chapter, Jesus seriously warns; “But whosoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me or cause them to sin, it would have been better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the deepest part of the sea” (Matthew 18:6).

Offending a child or causing a little child to sin may mean many things.
We have heard of several murder cases in child marriage, where the child bride murders the husband. It may be because the child was obviously offended.

The word paedophilia does not appear in the Bible and so are several other words such as: age of consent, encyclopaedia, HIV, Cancer, Ebola and other contemporary terms.
And so to expect the Bible written several hundreds of years ago to mention all the words or laws we use today is folly.

This and the responses above are the answers to the Op, but sadly they are more interested in mocking rather than trying to understand the Word of God.

It seems to me that nothing would serve as someone for evidence for someone who desperately wants to wish God away.
But if you wish God does not exist, why try to encourage other people to share your futile wishes?. undecided

Sorry, I don't understand why you are writing these paragraphs for a simple question.

If the bible is the standard for morality, as you have claimed with kingebukanaija, then why is the bible silent on the immorality of underage marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by dalaman: 11:05am On Jul 26, 2016
winner01:
We do not follow the customs of the Jews, we follow the teachings of Jesus.
Ive posted His take on littoe children and so you can wave your hands all you want.

What age did Jesus say people should marry? His own mother was married off as a child. Jesus had no comment on child married because child marriage was the norm during his time.

4 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by kilo4sure: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Born2Freak:
KingEbukaNaija and Winner01,

I have been watching you guys from the sidelines and I want you guys to come to this thread and defend your christianity.

You guys were claiming that the bible is the standard for morality. Why is the bible then silent on underage marriage? How do you preach to a muslim girl that wants to get married at 14?
The girl would not have agreed to that, if she had not being brainwashed by her religion and society, the first thing is to debrainwash her by preaching Christ to her and then make her see that she has been bought with a price, her body is the temple of God and then make her see the devastating consequences of such early marriage on her body. Isn't that good enough?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by babajeje123(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Lilbrown007:

So Would U Call God Fvcking Mary At The Age Of 12 Rape?? Would U Call It Child Abuse??
You're an atheist, I think.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 26, 2016
babajeje123:

You're an atheist, I think.
grin Answer My Question

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

The girl would not have agreed to that, if she had not being brainwashed by her religion and society, the first thing is to debrainwash her by preaching Christ to her and then make her see that she has been bought with a price, her body is the temple of God and then make her see the devastating consequences of such early marriage on her body. Isn't that good enough?
Lilbrown007:

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by dalaman: 11:09am On Jul 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Dalaman do you see that even though winner01 and I are not in the same place yet we posted the same answer to the same questions asked by you and ifenes?

This explains what I said earlier.

What is the age of consent according to Jesus? At what age should people get married? Jesus had no words against child marriage because that was the norm during his time. If he were to have been married he would have gotten married to a teenage child whichwas the nor at that time.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by babajeje123(m): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2016
Let's put religion aside, will you guys really sleep with a minor? Beware of law of karma o
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Born2Freak(f): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

If she is intelligent enough, she would ask you- "does the bible prohibit my marriage to a man at the young age of 14 years"?

And you would have to say "no".

Then, she would tell you to keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by babajeje123(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2016
Lilbrown007:
I
grin Answer My Question
You don't believe God exists. Do you
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 26, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by dalaman: 11:12am On Jul 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

Moral evolution is what has ended child marriage in most part of the world. In Europe and US teenage marriage used to be the norm. As people gained more knowledge they decided to end the practice.

4 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

What is the age of consent according to Jesus? At what age should people get married? Jesus had no words against child marriage because that was the norm during his time. If he were to have been married he would have gotten married to a teenage child whichwas the nor at that time.

Are you now saying that indeed all you believe are based on Assumptions? If Jesus never married why would u assume that if He did it would be to a minor?

*hint* same person you asked d question is same person responding. Those who love banning have done their worst.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

No surprises you're taking full advantage of this despite my admitting my wrong

What does that say about you?

Wouldnt you have done same if I had made such a demeaning blunder? Your Admittance of wrong just further buttressed my observation about you....thats all.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by ifenes(m): 11:31am On Jul 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

A true Christian does not live by laws but by grace through faith. You keep repeating what has already been tackled. Does your brain need a jump start so it can bring up a whole new argument?

Who said a true Christian lives by faith? Whose report do you believe, Yahweh or Paul? Where did Yahweh say you now live by grace? Show me!

6 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 11:32am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

What if a 12 year old "wants" to get married at that age? Is it wrong? Since society and the child allowed it

If its wrong, why?

Again I say this, man was made for the law and not the law for man. There would be no law if man did not first exist. Capice?

I would raise my kid on my personal values and not on what society feels or the law says. If my values compliment some aspects of the law then its kudos to that law.

This is why dysfunctional families produce dysfunctional kids or kids to parents who smoke are likely to do same.

Values are inherent first before being seen while laws are seen but not necessarily inherent as a lot of people can pretend in the face of d law but remove the law and their true selves showforth like in the case of weah96 who said with or without the law he is corrupt already.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by kilo4sure: 11:33am On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

Moral evolution is what has ended child marriage in most part of the world. In Europe and US teenage marriage used to be the norm. As people gained more knowledge they decided to end the practice.
I agree, the more we gain knowledge on the negative effects of child marriage, the more we see why it is wrong. But even if Christians happened to live with Jews in those days and still practiced child marriage, they would still be wrong, irrespective of their ignorance. Do you agree with this premise?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by damogul: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2016
ifenes:

Who said a true Christian lives by faith? Whose report do you believe, Yahweh or Paul? Where did Yahweh say you now live by grace? Show me!

Even you know you deserve no response for this Childish rant.
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by ifenes(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2016
damogul:

Even you know you deserve no response for this Childish rant.

Childish rant indeed! You have no answer just say it. I know you know the Old Testament is sharia laws that's why you are backing out. To be a true follower of Yahweh you must keep all his commandment, including sexing under- aged girls.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

S’africa Orders Chirst Embassy Church To Stop Faith Healing Ads / Do you think Adam attained a height of 90 Feet ? / What Is The Size Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.