Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules (10606 Views)

"Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics / Akanu Ibiam Federal Poly Students Protest Over No Fees No Exam Management Policy / No Tuition Fee To Study In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by aramideji(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2016
temmypotter:
are these students alright at all? its not their fault. why would a school have such a policy in the first place. who writes exams before payment? the students should better borrow a leaf from their neighbours,the almighty OAU. when they protest and their management sends them home for 3months they will learn.
Will you shut you trap? These students parents are being owed salaries for 7 to 9mnths,those payed are on half salary since january, your height of insensitivity is pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by akinyemire(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2016
This i what u get when u give ppl a certain priviledge.i'm a part time stuent of the school and i tell u its shit.this is not the first higher institution i'm going.which school allow student write exam without full registration which is scheduled after full payment but the schl allow them to pay twice and now they are turning it to a right.its one of the most expensive govt owned uni in nigeria and im shure they know that before they optioned in for it. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by AngelAhnie(f): 11:17am On Jul 26, 2016
MadCow1:
No Tuition, No Exams..

I agree 100%..

"Credit Students" follow run down UNIBEN after Winches & Wizards. angry angry angry
you and this your uniben. times are hard you know
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by shamecurls(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2016
mrmykero:
izz like ya brain don ff curl.... ote....how do you expect a student whose parent has not been paid salary for several months to pay up d fees in record time .... your comment is infact insincere and unfair..... probably because you are unaffected..... mofo

Look at you...I know your lineage re paupers and I understand so wont stoop low to your level. if your parents have not been paid, does that give you a right to free things? You can as well transport free to the airport and take a free flight to the US. #Arindin
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:
This is really crazy. Graduated from Okuku campus of Uniosun last year and currently having my NYSC now. Durin our final semester exams period, same announcement was made then that those owin fees wouldn't write exams then. And when the exam started, they only delayed some classes for a while and eventually allowed them to write the examinations. Now when Bae told me last week that they had made the announcement again, I felt it was just a threat as usual. I even told her that even if it isn't a threat and if it's for real, that it can never affect the final year students cos they know that it's their last semester exam and not allowin them write their papers would result in extra year for them automatically and I said they also know the final year students would still pay the fees eventually when they wanna do final clearance before they can be totally cleared from the school.

Now when the exam started yesterday, I was surprised when she called me in the evening that the school authorities really made do with their promise and it wasn't a threat. She said most students who were having their first papers yesterday weren't allowed to write it as they were sent out of the exam halls including the final year students. She even said one of her neighbours in her hostel who is in final year was crying seriously as at the time she was callin me because the lady wasn't allowed to write her first paper of her final semester.

Then I decided to ask other people I know and they all confirmed it. It's really crazy I must say. Why would the authorities be this heartless. Economy is hard for crying out loud. Does it mean students will have automatic carry vers and extra years? Something has to be done ASAP
i graduated from uniosun okuku campus also... during my time there... threats like this one was also issued... so many students where yet 2 pay including myself....... We just went on a forging spree off school reciepts... they have been wanting 2 enforce this action, and I guess.. they really mean it this time around.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by mrmykero(m): 11:30am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

Look at you...I know your lineage re paupers and I understand so wont stoop low to your level. if your parents have not been paid, does that give you a right to free things? You can as well transport free to the airport and take a free flight to the US. #Arindin
dis one is feeling like dangotes first son....izz like you didn't geh de memo....lemme stoop so high to give it to you....my colleagues re protesting for extra time to pay up as a sizeable number struggle to pay school fees as aragbe no gree pay.....you can as well epp them to pay ooo....O.B.O......ya sense dun loss....and na ya generation past , present and future go be pauper.....

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by shamecurls(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2016
mrmykero:
dis one is feeling like dangotes first son....izz like you didn't geh de memo....lemme stoop so high to give it to you....my colleagues re protesting for extra time to pay up as a sizeable number struggle to pay school fees as aragbe no gree pay.....you can as well epp them to pay ooo....O.B.O......ya sense dun loss....and na ya generation past , present and future go be pauper.....

Your utterances spells it out that you re a pauper. You had months to pay-up which you defaulted and expect to write Exams for free. If everybody gave same excuse, How will the school fund the exam? Hello! You can always defer if you re not financially capable. Education is expensive and not all can afford it. You dont have to use your own to disturb the well to do, who know the value and importance of being in school. You can pick up a trade for a year and gather money to fund yourself in the coming session. Its not a must you graduate with your set considering the fact that its not how far, but how well.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Dinocarex(m): 11:46am On Jul 26, 2016
Its a bad trend and it has to stop!
How do they register for the semester without full payments of the tuition?
I don't blame the students rather, the University for allowing the trend continue for so long.

Sad part of the story might be
A lot of them might have collected full payments at home but lavished it trying to secure expensive apartments and live like big boys and big girls.

2 Likes

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 26, 2016
tunderay:
From your narration here, I can see that you were once a student in that school, but in your own opinion, do you think its right for the trend to continue? There is nowhere in the world ( except if its a free education) that students write exams without paying. Though I experienced same while I was in oau some years ago, but I never engage in such. Let's be sincere here, its not a good attitude. Now look at what it has cost some final year students now according to your narration.

Yes truly I know it's a very badt thing I must say. As a matter of fact, I never owed schl fees throughout my stay on campus too. I paid all my fees immediately each session started then. I am someone that doesn't joke with things like that. I really understand your point and I know some students or parents are nonchalant about their school fees. Some students do collect the money at home and use it for other things instead and some parents don't wake up to their responsibilities of providing the money for the payments too. But do you also realize that there are some of the students and parents that are victims of this and never wished for it. Truly, bad economy has really affected most parents and they just can't afford to settle their children's fees. Some parents now even hardly find it difficult to send monthly allowances to their children in school now. I know of someone that used to be very comfortable in schl but not anymore due to non payments of salaries to his parents and he can not pay his fees now. So I wouldn't wanna blame anyone completely for this. In all, all we have to keep praying for is God's help and schl authorities should try and be a little lenient too.

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by mrmykero(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

Your utterances spells it out that you re a pauper. You had months to pay-up which you defaulted and expect to write Exams for free. If everybody gave same excuse, How will the school fund the exam? Hello! You can always defer if you re not financially capable. Education is expensive and not all can afford it. You dont have to use your own to disturb the well to do, who know the value and importance of being in school. You can pick up a trade for a year and gather money to fund yourself in the coming session. Its not a must you graduate with your set considering the fact that its not how far, but how well.
this person is obviously not OK.....you dun av run ya mouth like agege tap all the time....you dun even know wah going on here and you forming Mr all knowing ..... so u want at least 20% of students to defer because they can afford to pay up in record time, seriously .....or pick up a trade...bros which trade?.....wake up bro or you can keep hallucinating all day....
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by hUmaneOne: 11:51am On Jul 26, 2016
MadCow1:
No Tuition, No Exams..

I agree 100%..

"Credit Students" follow run down UNIBEN after Winches & Wizards. angry angry angry

Your hate for uniben tho.. grin

You must pay fees and do course registration before you're allowed to sir for exams in uniben.no credit

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 26, 2016
GoldenJAT:
i graduated from uniosun okuku campus also... during my time there... threats like this one was also issued... so many students where yet 2 pay including myself....... We just went on a forging spree off school reciepts... they have been wanting 2 enforce this action, and I guess.. they really mean it this time around.

Lol.. Badt guy... I actually know a fwend that was an expert in receipt forgery that time too... gringrin
But it's unfortunate they are really doing this to the poor students now. And the worst thing now is that there's no room for receipt forgery for the sharp students among them now because I heard they lecturers are comin to the exam halls with their own lists of students that has paid cos they know some students have been forging it in the past. So they download lists of the students that has paid now and come with it to the halls. sad
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by tunderay(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:

Yes truly I know it's a very badt thing I must say. As a matter of fact, I never owed schl fees throughout my stay on campus too. I paid all my fees immediately each session started then. I am someone that doesn't joke with things like that. I really understand your point and I know some students or parents are nonchalant about their school fees. Some students do collect the money at home and use it for other things instead and some parents don't wake up to their responsibilities of providing the money for the payments too. But do you also realize that there are some of the students and parents that are victims of this and never wished for it. Truly, bad economy has really affected most parents and they just can't afford to settle their children's fees. Some parents now even hardly find it difficult to send monthly allowances to their children in school now. I know of someone that used to be very comfortable in schl but not anymore due to non payments of salaries to his parents and he can not pay his fees now. So I wouldn't wanna blame anyone completely for this. In all, all we have to keep praying for is God's help and schl authorities should try and be a little lenient too.
I love your response, its a response of a sincere man.I understand you clearly, and we are praying and hoping all will be well for us in this country. Things are just too hard.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by shamecurls(m): 11:58am On Jul 26, 2016
mrmykero:
this person is obviously not OK.....you dun av run ya mouth like agege tap all the time....you dun even know wah going on here and you forming Mr all knowing ..... so u want at least 20% of students to defer because they can afford to pay up in record time, seriously .....or pick up a trade...bros which trade?.....wake up bro or you can keep hallucinating all day....

Hello! You re not the first to be in school neither will you be last. Going by the 80/20 rule, If 20% defers, its no bad as long as 80% can sit for the exam successfully, then it will be accounted for as a success. Talking about trade with reference to my earlier statement that "You re not the first to be in school neither will you be last", Men and women have been striving to make ends meet and have been successful right from time immemorial. #Think
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
tunderay:
I love your response, its a response of a sincere man.I understand you clearly, and we are praying and hoping all will be well for us in this country. Things are just too hard.

Amen sire, It is well... smiley

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by mrmykero(m): 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

Hello! You re not the first to be in school neither will you be last. Going by the 80/20 rule, If 20% defers, its no bad as long as 80% can sit for the exam successfully, then it will be accounted for as a success. Talking about trade with reference to my earlier statement that "You re not the first to be in school neither will you be last", Men and women have been striving to make ends meet and have been successful right from time immemorial. #Think
shey u see ya sef outside ......it's obvious you're commenting only to mark register on F.P or probably u're jobless..... what u're trying to say is a student who could afford to pay his fees from 100 level till his 300 level should be allowed to write his final exam because he is unlucky not to pay his fee in time..... a fee he has no choice but to pay if he wants to be cleared? you're just being insincere shebi izz because it's not you're not in their shoes na why.....you can keep spewing trash na....I tot I said u didn't geh d memo.....it's d final yr students we re protesting for them to be considered..... oniranu... shioor
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:

Lol.. Badt guy... I actually know a fwend that was an expert in receipt forgery that time too... gringrin
But it's unfortunate they are really doing this to the poor students now. And the worst thing now is that there's no room for receipt forgery for the sharp students among them now because I heard they lecturers are comin to the exam halls with their own lists of students that has paid cos they know some students have been forging it in the past. So they download lists of the students that has paid now and come with it to the halls. sad
it is well o... okuku as I heard is no more interesting! everywhere so dull.... after my set left.. the social life went downward.. I may actually know u o
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
GoldenJAT:
it is well o... okuku as I heard is no more interesting! everywhere so dull.... after my set left.. the social life went downward.. I may actually know u o

Yea the place is really dull now. The people that made it lively are no longer there. My set was fun. Did u finish last year too? And where are you serving now. I'm serving at Ibadan presently, redeployed from Taraba. I dey finish service by September
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by olaarie(m): 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
temmypotter:
are these students alright at all? its not their fault. why would a school have such a policy in the first place. who writes exams before payment? the students should better borrow a leaf from their neighbours,the almighty OAU. when they protest and their management sends them home for 3months they will learn.

I doubt if you are normal

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by samhay: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
tunderay:
From your narration here, I can see that you were once a student in that school, but in your own opinion, do you think its right for the trend to continue? There is nowhere in the world ( except if its a free education) that students write exams without paying. Though I experienced same while I was in oau some years ago, but I never engage in such. Let's be sincere here, its not a good attitude. Now look at what it has cost some final year students now according to your narration.

Bros let's be sincere on d oda side too,Where do the parents get money from when most are being owed by the same state government that owns the school
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by shamecurls(m): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
mrmykero:
shey u see ya sef outside ......it's obvious you're commenting only to mark register on F.P or probably u're jobless..... what u're trying to say is a student who could afford to pay his fees from 100 level till his 300 level should be allowed to write his final exam because he is unlucky not to pay his fee in time..... a fee he has no choice but to pay if he wants to be cleared? you're just being insincere shebi izz because it's not you're not in their shoes na why.....you can keep spewing trash na....I tot I said u didn't geh d memo.....it's d final yr students we re protesting for them to be considered..... oniranu... shioor

"it's d final yr students we re protesting for them to be considered"

Shows how idle, jobless, lonely, and demoralized that you happen to be that all you get your self involved with is a meaningless protest. Better get involved in a petty trade in advance, so you dont get chased out of school in your final year too.....
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by tunderay(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
samhay:

Bros let's be sincere on d oda side too,Where do the parents get money from when most are being owed by the same state government that owns the school
I am not blaming the parents here, but my point is why did the school authority accepted the arrangement ab-initio. Had it mean things were done in a normal way, it wouldnt have gotten to this. But the Govt need to be proactive on there part also, knowing the parents pay for there wards through there salaries, and this is even a State owned institution.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by GoldenJAT(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
jideniceguy:

Yea the place is really dull now. The people that made it lively are no longer there. My set was fun. Did u finish last year too? And where are you serving now. I'm serving at Ibadan presently, redeployed from Taraba. I dey finish service by September
i finished in 2013,served in 2014....graduated from d dept of polsci and intl relations..was popular on campus though
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by fireflies07: 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
temmypotter:

Who u eppepp lipsrsealed
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by mrmykero(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

"it's d final yr students we re protesting for them to be considered"

Shows how idle, jobless, lonely, and demoralized that you happen to be that all you get your self involved with is a meaningless protest. Better get involved in a petty trade in advance, so you dont get chased out of school in your final year too.....
afi petty trade na....what makes you think am not in my final year ... egbon e ma n beeh....you should get a life , in my opinion you're one hopeless mofo dah is hiding behind Nairaland to spew trash......face ya petty TRADE, u no dey uniosun u come dey form Mr orator for here...ogbeni shift....blame the right people if d state govt had paid salaries would we be has this kind of problem...seriously where do you come from?
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by shamecurls(m): 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
mrmykero:
afi petty trade na....what makes you think am not in my final year ... egbon e ma n beeh....you should get a life , in my opinion you're one hopeless mofo dah is hiding behind Nairaland to spew trash......face ya petty TRADE, u no dey uniosun u come dey form Mr orator for here...ogbeni shift....blame the right people if d state govt had paid salaries would we be has this kind of problem...seriously where do you come from?

Hello! If you had imbibed my earlier statement, You would have been a better man as of this minute. Dont put your failure to pay your tuition fees on the government or your frustrations on me. You rightly stated that 80% have paid which I believe parents of some re civil servants. You see, the bitter truth about life, which I believe you must have heard is that "All fingers re not equal". When you ponder about this, you would realize that Education is not for all and if you bent on getting it, You must be ready to bend with its demand. Your 20% wont stop the Exam. Is the government running the school with stones? Do you also consider there budget? No! Cos you just self centered. Deferring school is not as bad as your lots paint it. Its just simple planning. The end justifies the means!. __O sha le fi ti e koba awon itoku

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by tunderay(m): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

Hello! If you had imbibed my earlier statement, You would have been a better man as of this minute. Dont put your failure to pay your tuition fees on the government or your frustrations on me. You rightly stated that 80% have paid which I believe parents of some re civil servants. You see, the bitter truth about life, which I believe you must have heard is that "All fingers re not equal". When you ponder about this, you would realize that Education is not for all and if you bent on getting it, You must be ready to bend with its demand. Your 20% wont stop the Exam. Is the government running the school with stones? Do you also consider there budget? No! Cos you just self centered. Deferring school is not as bad as your lots paint it. Its just simple planning. The end justifies the means!. __O sha le fi ti e koba awon itoku
This is just the truth, everything don't have to be about Govt, even though they need to play there own part. But the truth is that defering helps, I had a friend who did same while we were in school, both of us were in Switzerland together at a time and that was two years after he graduated, and three years after mine. He finished with a first class. Education is about planning, its not how far but how well. But I sincerely understand what mrmykero was saying, its kind of painful wasting time in school when you ought to be out of school hustlling with your mates.

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by mrmykero(m): 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

olodo...d v.c has granted our query..... ya sense e AF loss finish.....iya Ku ti di omi obe fun e, if we did not protest would they have answered us?.....Who grammar epp?...these were d words of Ken saro wiwa 'In an unjust society silence is a crime'.....I said u're jobless and hopeless I guess am vindicated.....ote.....exam continua.....get a life bro...jobless mofo.....you can keep swimming in the pool of ya own foolishness..... oniranu

1 Share

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by shamecurls(m): 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
tunderay:
This is just the truth, everything don't have to be about Govt, even though they need to play there own part. But the truth is that defering helps, I had a friend who did same while we were in school, both of us were in Switzerland together at a time and that was two years after he graduated, and three years after mine. He finished with a first class. Education is about planning, its not how far but how well. But I sincerely understand what mrmykero was saying, its kind of painful wasting time in school when you ought to be out of school hustlling with your mate.

What a brilliant way to approach matters without shying away from the truth. #Respect

1 Like

Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by tunderay(m): 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

What a brilliant way to approach matters without shying away from the truth. #Respect
Thanks bro, love your contributions so far. Its quite educative.
Re: Osun State University Students React To No Tuition No Exam Rules by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
GoldenJAT:
i finished in 2013,served in 2014....graduated from d dept of polsci and intl relations..was popular on campus though

That's cool. I was in 200L in 2013. Studied HRM. Ma Bae is also in Pol Sci n Intl relations and shes in her final year now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Law Books For Law Students: A Must Read For Aspiring Lawyers / Ijmb Direct Entry Into Uniabuja / THE ATROCITIES OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR [GRAPHIC PHOTOS 18+]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.