Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) (23877 Views)

Sorrow As Gallant Mopol Who Survived Many Battles, Dies Suddenly. Photos / Quack Doctor Infects 6-yr-old Boy With HIV In Nasarawa / My Daughter With Cerebral Palsy Was Battered By The Therapist I Trusted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by dre11(m): 9:15am On Jul 26, 2016
A 35 year old man, Yakubu Abu, is currently battling to stay alive at the hospital where he was rushed to after he was brutalised by security personnel allegedly attached to Olam Farm at Rukubi in Doma Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

Abu told our correspondent that he was first beaten by a policeman attached to the farm, while he was discussing with his kinsmen at Adori. According to Abu, on sighting him, the policeman demanded to know what he was doing there and before he answered, the policeman slapped him and started beating him without provocation.

The victim, who spoke on his hospital bed at Hiltop Clinic and Maternity Centre, Shine in Lafia, addedd that an Army officer with a rank of a lieutenant (name withheld ), who the policeman handed him over to, beat him mercilessly.

Abu alleged that soldiers conveyed him to Taimako Clinic and Maternity Centre in Doma in a military van when the officer discovered that he was unconscious after beating him. A source said that after the inhuman treatment meted out on Abu, the officer offered N30,000 to settle his medical bills and another N5,000 for feeding at the hospital.

Abu was later referred to Hiltop Clinic and Maternity Centre at Shinge for treatment. Abu was in severe pains when our correspondent visited the hospital yesterday. The doctor in -charge of Hiltop Clinic and Maternity Center, Dr. Joseph Ewache, explained that Abu was referred to his clinic on the grounds that he was beaten by security men.

He said the victim was due for X- ray to establish the cause of the nagging pain in his waist. Efforts to speak with the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Ismaila Numan, on the matter were unsuccessful as he neither picked his calls nor replied a text message sent to his mobile phone at press time. Also, efforts to contact authorities of 177 Guards Battalion, Keffi, were unsuccessful

https://newtelegraphonline.com/man-battles-live-policeman-army-officers-beating/

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Titheman(m): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2016
embarassed he was probably in the wrong place at the right tym or in the right place at the wrong tym

that is an offence in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Mikehell(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2016
Police and brutality.... smh

1 Like

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by darnley16(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2016
Mikehell:
Police and brutality.... smh
.let me guess , are like those mugabe's hands...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by madridguy(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by petux(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2016
My hatred for policemen grow up everyday...i just pray i run into one of them oneday i will beat him blue black that is if he is not with a gun sha

8 Likes

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2016
Organized crime.
There's nothing as corrupt as the police force.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by abiolert(m): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2016
The Officers in responsible for this rubbish should be sacked from the Police and army immediately. how can you attack a harmless man without provocation? Enough of this brutality on innocent Civilians by the security agencies of this country.

1 Like

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Mikehell(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2016
darnley16:
.let me guess , are like those mugabe's hands...

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by ijustdey: 10:12am On Jul 26, 2016
police brutality.......

how I wish they could face those criminals call ND and herdsman with such intensity

2 Likes

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by ALAYORMII: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2016
Nigerian security men are just government regulated terrorists

3 Likes

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Emu4life(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2016
Happy birthday to me, I and myself...hw many lyks 4 me?

8 Likes

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by DannyJ19(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2016
Police vs army beating chai...
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2016
Season of Beating

[size=14pt]Nigerian Army Officer Beats Up A Bus Conductor, Threatens Him With A Gun (video) Yesterday[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/3249826/nigerian-army-officer-beats-up

1 Like

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by temmypotter(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2016
God punish them. I honestly don't blame them... I'm sure you know who is to blame!. this was how some policemen were harassing me last night all because I didn't have a receipt to my laptop with me. worst still they were Fulani men, wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by blaqiz: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by iambabaG: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2016
The story is just too one sides.. It's damn too convenient to exonerate one's self!
Abeg.. Second base jhare!!
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by riffson(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2016
police is your friend indeed

1 Like

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Houseofglam7(f): 10:42am On Jul 26, 2016
Police is your worst nightmare

2 Likes

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by tellwisdom: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2016
This wan wey dey enjoy him sleep, na em dey struggle to live?? sad
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by MadCow1: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2016
Police and Army join hand beat am? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who ehn offend for Village? grin grin

Atleast the Officer gave him 35,000 Naira compensation for the beating so I guess the story has a 'Happily Ever After' ending.. grin grin
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Biospnx(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2016
petux:
My hatred for policemen grow up everyday...i just pray i run into one of them oneday i will beat him blue black that is if he is not with a gun sha
[color=#006600][/color] So u dey fear gun?
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Young03(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2016
thats y I don't cry wen a policeman die
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by tdayof(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2016
The military officers should be well dealt with. That was how one called some nairalanders bloody civilian . Mr man if you can read this, you better behave yourself.
Bloody officer with rank.
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by NameChecker: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2016
To err is civilian
And to beat/slap is military

I have a feeling the victim is not telling us something.
Nobody will beat you for no-good-reason . . . . lipsrsealed
On a second note
They might have been incident of theft on the farm lately, making everyone a suspect undecided

Quick Recovery
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Fourwinds: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2016
MadCow1:
Police and Army join hand beat am? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who ehn offend for Village? grin grin

Atleast the Officer gave him 35,000 Naira compensation for the beating so I guess the story has a 'Happily Ever After' ending.. grin grin
if na police dem no go drop anything...
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by sexyeyes(f): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2016
I hate nigeria police dere r d most useless people on death. undecided
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 26, 2016
tdayof:
The military officers should be well dealt with. That was how one called some nairalanders bloody civilian . Mr man if you can read this, you better behave yourself.
Bloody officer with rank.

U dey mind d animal?

He forgets his father and mother are all bloody civilians

1 Like

Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by ItuExchange(m): 11:12am On Jul 26, 2016
As there are extra-judicial killings, there are also extra-judicial beatings.

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by sexychocho(f): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2016
Dis is wickedness oooooo
Y now?

And Police is our friend angry
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Sylverbox(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2016
This is the kind of situation that warrants us blocking the streets with protest placards and making noise until it stops. Not some Tinubu/Malaye rumpus. We better set our priorities right sooner than later.
Re: Man Battered In Nasarawa By Policeman & Army Officer Battles To Live (pic) by Yamprince(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2016
Is his Di*k standing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Lessons In Hygiene Some Women Need To Learn / How To Distinguish Natural Honey And Artificial Honey / A New Mysterious Illness Hits India, Hundreds Of People Land In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.