Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... (928 Views)

Please Recommend An Sms Website That Delivers To Active DND Airtel & Glo Lines / DND Issue On Bulksms / MTN DND - Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by OnWebTech: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2016
I know we have many of them here and as at present the business is not smiling as 70% of mtn users have been activated for dnd,which means they cannot receive bulk sms on their lines. not unless someone informs them to deactivate it.

Even infobip cannot deliver to an mtn line activated with dnd,which is making things really difficult and bulk sms providers are now facing reliability issues.

How are you guys .
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by spikesC(m): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
This is the first time am hearing of this. Looking at the MTN page (http://mtnonline.com/dnd)
it seems like senders will have to register their sender names for categorization, otherwise how would MTN filter for all senders.
Which also begs the question, how would foreign senders cope as DND is not globally known. What of Apps/web services that use sms verification procedures? 2-part authentication? Important SMS updates?
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by OnWebTech: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
spikesC:
This is the first time am hearing of this. Looking at the MTN page (http://mtnonline.com/dnd)
it seems like senders will have to register their sender names for categorization, otherwise how would MTN filter for all senders.
Which also begs the question, how would foreign senders cope as DND is not globally known. What of Apps/web services that use sms verification procedures? 2-part authentication? Important SMS updates?

what of developers..what of top merchants and the likes of konga and Jumia..what of large educational institutions...

MTN was just selfish with that decision...but one way or the other i see transactional sms still delivers for banks
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by yomalex(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
You inform your clients on how to opt out
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by talk2hb1(m): 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
Furthering my research
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by internetpo(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2016
I tell you. Its becoing a serious issue. Deliveriablilty has come down to as low as 65%. shocked

And not only MTN o. Even Etisalat has joined and set up theres. Soon th eother twwo will join.

It's going to affect the business big time
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2016
Hi,my name is Victor Ezeh.I build and design websites with the affordable prices of 15-8k (depends on the type you want).After building the website for you I will help drive traffic to it by promoting it for free. If u are interested add me on whatsapp 08122536006 and I will show you samples of my work.
Remember: FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by OnWebTech: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
internetpo:
I tell you. Its becoing a serious issue. Deliveriablilty has come down to as low as 65%. shocked

And not only MTN o. Even Etisalat has joined and set up theres. Soon th eother twwo will join.

It's going to affect the business big time

Anyway around it yet
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by internetpo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
OnWebTech:

Anyway around it yet

Non. We just have to educate clients. That's all we can do.
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by yomalex(m): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
There is a solution More details visit http://domesms.com/sms-to-dnd-numbers

cc: internetpo talk2hb1 OnWebTech Spikesc
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by wizkidblogger(f): 8:27am On Mar 05, 2017
There is now a way out....
Re: How Come, Bulksms Providers Are Not Talking About The DND Issue... by talk2hb1(m): 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
yomalex:
There is a solution More details visit http://domesms.com/sms-to-dnd-numbers
cc: internetpo talk2hb1 OnWebTech Spikesc
undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Nigeria Adsense And Us/uk Adsense / Webmasters, What Is The Name Of This Post Pagination Plugin, I Need To Know / Can U Design A Ponzi Scheme Website, Ur Service Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.