Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

What To Know About BVN Upgrade Scamming - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What To Know About BVN Upgrade Scamming (563 Views)

Epic Response To A BVN Scammer(photo) / Does Someone Loose His/her BVN When Closing Bank Account? / BVN Linking Issues: How To Effect Change Of Name In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Know About BVN Upgrade Scamming by DSaroos(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
Gone are days when we heard about online scam and we think such never exist here in Nigeria but today as we get more advanced in using technology we actually became source of target. For sure, we are now in the age where scammers and frauders are more likely targeting bank user in Nigeria, though this is not something new but it is worst here in Arewa (Northern Nigeria). Despite the fact that most people are curious to those kind of scam, if you are not careful you will somehow fall into their target because they well organized it in very technique way that can mess you up or that can even bypass your thinking to expect it is real. I have seen many people becoming their victim. The process is similar to phishing attack, where the attacker will claim that he is Bank agent. They are fooling people that their account has been deactivate due to BVN problem and they will need you to call them if you want it to be fix, by time you respond them, it mean Sallah (Eid) to them. Without much ado, here is how they make it and how i deal with one of them. In the morning a received a text like this “ Dear customer, due to our BVN system upgrade your ATM Card has been de- activated, To reactivate, kindly call CBN Customer care 0092348149018530” I suddenly trash it out but i still received those kind of text often and one day i decide to call the guy not because i don’t know, just because sometime the only way to catch a fool is to act like a fool. I told him about the text i received and told him that even when I received the text i was able to withdraw my money but he insist that my card is still at risk, he then recommend me to give my digit to help me fix it and i told him i’ll handle that by myself when i was in the office tomorrow. He lost control when he had me claiming that i’m a FirstBank agent, when i relise that, i end it up, thinking that it was totally waste of time, i just docked and shoot him away. Dear you reading this, even in the feature try to remember the following when someone need your pin to help you fix some security breach which is not officially demanded. You bank operator will never ask you to disclose your identification from phone call i.e. password or card serial number because they have all your credential with them by time you sign-up with them, even when you change the password they still have everything. So there’s no need to ask you, if your Bank mean to hurt you, mind this. If its official the heading should not be a number, it will be the name of the brand not a mobile number. If its issue of transaction they’ll need you to contact them to the nearest branch close to your area and request you to give them a well detailed explanation about your transaction. The CBN customer care might not be involve in this because you never host your account to them, its your Bank operator agent only will handle this. Think about this If the above mention appear to be real in your text i strongly Recommend not
to, but to contact your Bank and show them what you received, whatever the case maybe there will be a fix for you in the meantime. Unseen eyes are everywhere scammers might do what ever they can in other to caught you up. They have many forms but by taking reasonable precautions, it is possible to minimize the risks of their damn shits. Have you ever deal with them? Please share your experience with us using the comment below.
credit www.donsaroos.com/know-bvn-upgrade-scamming/

(1) (Reply)

Oh Death! / VIDEO: African Trans Woman, Assaulted And Stripped Unclad / Manchester United Coach Is Annoying(imagine This Speech)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.