Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Silverbird Cinemas Bans District 9 - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Silverbird Cinemas Bans District 9 (2096 Views)

How Silverbird Uyo Bungled Movie Premiere With Failed Generators / Silverbird Cinemas Ikeja(shoprite) Vs Silverbird. Galleria(lekki) / Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silverbird Cinemas Bans District 9 by morpheus24: 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2009
Let me Reiterate. I support the ban.

I can't be insulted because a hand full of Nigerians are defining our image in the International community.

You have to make noise and fight back wherever you can.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8264180.stm
Re: Silverbird Cinemas Bans District 9 by aieromon(m): 3:05am On Sep 25, 2009
Silverbird's loss is Silverbird's loss.
Bloody good movie!!!
Re: Silverbird Cinemas Bans District 9 by EOrah: 9:03am On Sep 25, 2009
My fellow Nigerians, I have never been more proud of my govt than I am at this moment, the govt banned the rubbish movie, good job, pls they should not stop here, NCC should probably find a forum to make the two misguided gurus Neil Bloodkamp and Peter whatever his name is apologise to Nigerians for amking and airing that movie, I am shocked at some Nigerians, even if Nigeria is the worst country in the world do we need a rif raf from SA to tell the world that, who the hell does he think his anyway, why didnt he use SA as an example or even Nelson Mangela instead of Obasanjo, who made him judge over us, is he sick in the head, why should write a fable like that and use real names, this is gross disrespect on Nigeria, oue culture, our personality and these guys should be made to apologise for it, if he is such a genius why did he not find something bad happening here in naija or in even better in SA, why should he write a fable and depict us as barbarians and caricatures, is he well?? pls this should not end here, enough is enough from SA, I miss Abacha bc if he were alife they would heard it by now!!! Pls Dora you need to do something, go to UN and report this if not SA will not stop, the country seem to have a gross inferiority complex about naija and enough is enough
Re: Silverbird Cinemas Bans District 9 by kilma(f): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2009
i actually watched this movie, the 2nd half of it at least. i didn't know the title and realised it was it when i started reading the threads. it was boring, it looked like a low budget movie trying too hard to me and i didn't even know those black people were supposed to be nigerians. NIGERIANS yeah right.

i'm surprised to hear it is at the top of the box office ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?

I STATE AGAIN, IT WAS BORING and TACKY.

i don't mind nigerians being dissed as long as nigerians are doing the dissing and its done with facts.

For all those saying a fuss should have not been made, imagine you had a dysfunctional home and it was obvious to your community. wouldn't you throw a punch everytime someone dissed your family to your face. i know i would soooooooooooooo

VERY GLAD IT WAS BANNED, i agree we have so many other issues and challenges we need to concentrate on that doesn't mean we shouldn't work on our public image

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lara Lee And Other Top Filmmakers Set For 2nd Eko International Film Festival / Why Are We Happy The Court Is Stopping DSTV From Subscription Price Increase / ‘ghana, South African Actors Are Bewitching Nollywood’ - Nigerian Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.