Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Right Way To Learn Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Right Way To Learn Programming (920 Views)

Come And Learn Programming In The Right Way / Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? / Best Website To Learn Programming Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Right Way To Learn Programming by ph15h3r(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
Goodday Nairalanders!
i'm Jake cool.. i'm not new to nairaland but today is the day i decided to register!, i want to answer a popular question every aspiring programmer is asking "what is the right programming language to start with?".. so
personally i think if you want to learn programming you should ask yourself some questions.....
1. do i really know what a computer is?
2. do i know how a computer works?
3. why do i want to learn programming?
4. what type of programmer do i want to be?
so firstly you need to know what a computer is and how it works. i'll advise you to spend sometime and read this book http://www.nylxs.com/docs/cmpnet.pdf
that is "Computer Networking A TopDown Approach", after that i'll asume you got answers to no 1 and 2...
then your answer to no 3 will automatically answer no4, you make a choice what really is your interest? is it gaming? is it the web? is it applications?..
if your choice is web programming, there is no two ways about it you need html which is a very simple language, while learning html the others will automatically follow because the book you studying from will always tell you that html does not go alone, you need css, jquery, javascript, php, mysql,ajax and some few others..always remember "php is very important!".. one good thing about programming is that, knowing one language makes another easier for you to know! so
if your choice is gaming, you go for c, c++ or c#
if your choice is application, you can do same as gaming but i'll also suggest you learn some scripting languages like python, perl, ruby, bash and others.... if your ultimate aim is becoming an hacker after these steps you automatically become one but learn to use your super powers for good not evil grin grin grin grin cool cool ..... also ready some books about hackers, you can messages me and i'll give you the right sources to learn from."TEACH YOURSELF!!". [s]DO NOT GO OUT THERE LOOKING FOR HACKING TUTORIALS[/s]. THIS IS ALL FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help With With My Command Prompt Issue (windows) / How To Access A Blocked URL/ Website From A Public Network / Help With Sql Servers, Db Design Tools And PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.