Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? (26214 Views)

Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) / Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper / Pictures You Can Relate To In A Nigerian Secondary School (Hilarious pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Omotayor123(f): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
iamlimo:
I know Itoki. before olaogun
Yeah.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by agarawu23(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
Omotayor123:

No Itoki.
itoki, ikorodu road? What's the full name of your own ICHS?
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by 8BitGee(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
NL1960:

Every organization (a school is also an organization) has its policy. If you are not fine with the policy, you are not forced to go there or put your child there. Will you also say say that there is absolutely nothing wrong in letting a boy sag his trousers in school or tuck-in his shirt and that a school that says that is making a stupid policy. There is what is called a dress code and having a low cut is part of a dress code. In some schools, a hair style is given to the girls at the end of the week for which every student that is not on a low cut has to adhere to. Is that also a stupid policy because a school is not allowing you to braid or plait your own hair style?.

What are you on about. How the fvck does plaiting or styling one's hair compare to sagging?

Again, what is the business of a school in dictating what hairstyle to plait? To what end?

People need to understand their priorities and get serious! This is fvcking 2016!!!
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Juxtified(m): 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
FreeWorld23:
Yes now. They should barb their hair to "gorimapa" level angry
lol. Haven't heard that word in a very long while.

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by NL1960: 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
8BitGee:

What are you on about. How the fvck does plaiting or styling one's hair compare to sagging?

Again, what is the business of a school in dictating what hairstyle to plait? To what end?

People need to understand their priorities and get serious! This is fvcking 2016!!!

A school says this is our policy and if you are not satisfied with it, take your child to another school. After all, there are several schools that will meet what you need. A school does not have to conform to what you want. As you say, this is fvcking 2016 and i want my boy to sag his trousers and i want my girl to do a Rihanna or a Beyonce or a Jennifer Aniston.

When wearing of casual clothes as normal daily wear were abolished in the Unity schools then as a part of a policy and replaced with check shirts, some parents did not like it as they wanted their kids to always wear the latest fashion trends in school. So, they removed their kids from the Unity schools to schools that were allowing wearing of causal clothes of any type. QED.

Btw, i have a cousin who removed his daughter because of this low cut of hair and took her to the one that allows plaiting of hair. The space she vacated was quickly taken by a parent who was comfortable with the policy.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by englishmart(m): 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
ChappyChase:

How I feared that school...
lol. You know the school?

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by ChappyChase: 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
lol. You know the school?
2003-2009, Jiwa, Gwarimpa, Nyanya and Tuntu Wada where know as school for Terrorist!!!!
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by God2man(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Two words. Focus and discipline.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by 8BitGee(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
NL1960:

A school says this is our policy and if you are not satisfied with it, take your child to another school. After all, there are several schools that will meet what you need. A school does not have to conform to what you want. As you say, this is fvcking 2016 and i want my boy to sag his trousers and i want my girl to do a Rihanna or a Beyonce or a Jennifer Aniston.

When wearing of casual clothes as normal daily wear were abolished in the Unity schools then as a part of a policy and replaced with check shirts, some parents did not like it as they wanted their kids to always wear the latest fashion trends in school. So, they removed their kids from the Unity schools to schools that were allowing wearing of causal clothes of any type. QED.

Btw, i have a cousin who removed his daughter because of this low cut of hair and took her to the one that allows plaiting of hair. The space she vacated was quickly taken by a parent who was comfortable with the policy.

Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Elhabeeb1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Non of your point make any sense, no child should be made to cut her hair. Personally, the reason I used to think school authority make those girls cut their hair was to make them look less attractive to boys and men!
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Coolgent(m): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
They should cut their brst,butts and pusssy too
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by mamawin(f): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
NL1960:

To me, it is not hypocrisy. The hair of that white girl is her natural hair. She did not put attachment or weaves. Will you for instance allow your daughter's hair to remain in her natural state and become afro. A black person's hair and texture is different from that of a white person. In my daughter's primary school for instance, parents have been told not to use beads and all sorts of colours for their daughter's hair but you need to see what some mothers put on the hair of their small kids in the name of fashion. If you sent the child home for correction, you need to see the so-called coming to the school to vibrate and insult teachers. You will see some with so many beads that the child's head will be heavy. Some mothers will use up to 12 different colours. So, iam sure for the catholic schools to avoid all these drama, they just tell you to keep your natural hair low and if you do not want, then you take your child to another school that allows all sorts of hair styles.
well, the hair thing was the least of all. she's in d uni now, can do whatever she likes with her hair. I do not really care, but it was that the school allowed the girl and her brother many things that 'we' must never tried, my reason for calling them that name. And parents these days are something else, dress little kids up like they're going for fashion parade, na real wa.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by abuaudu(m): 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Control

Control

Control
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 28, 2016
Attended a unity school,it helped students focus more on what's important their education! Hair is also vanity though it depends on the child. An intelligent kid won't allow such things as hairstyles prevent her from studying hard!

#teamfeddygirls grin
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by iamlimo(m): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2016
Omotayor123:
Yeah.
nice. do you still stay around thr?
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by uzolexis(f): 8:33am On Jul 28, 2016
NL1960:

Thanks. She wants to be close to her brother. That is why she herself is rooting for HCC. The choices were St Gregory/HCC or CKC/LGHS or Lumen Cristi/Presentation. The boy is now in St Gregory and the girl going to LGHS might present a big logistic challenge of shuttling especially on visiting days and vacation days. Iam still researching sha. I still have a lot of time to make the final decision. The Louisville Sisters are very tough and of a very high moral standard. So, not surprised at what they are doing in LGHS.

At the bolded, you are truly well informed. LGHS is to girls as CKCC is to boys, same with HCC and St. Greg. My brothers were in CKCC while I was in LGHS, and same for most other pple too smiley
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by NL1960: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2016
mamawin:
well, the hair thing was the least of all. she's in d uni now, can do whatever she likes with her hair. I do not really care, but it was that the school allowed the girl and her brother many things that 'we' must never tried, my reason for calling them that name. And parents these days are something else, dress little kids up like they're going for fashion parade, na real wa.

It is getting outrageous and these parents put these kids through a lot of stress. People do not know that the schools that made this policy did not just wake up one day without reason to make the policy. When Unity schools were allowing casual clothes to be worn as boarding uniform, you need to see what was happening. It was then the Unity schools management came up with a uniform check wear. Some parents protested and complain and said all sort of things. Today, i doubt if even private secondary boarding schools allow casual wears for everyday boarding wear. They have switched to a uniform after school wear for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by NL1960: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2016
uzolexis:

At the bolded, you are truly well informed. LGHS is to girls as CKCC is to boys, same with HCC and St. Greg. My brothers were in CKCC while I was in LGHS, and same for most other pple too smiley

I have sent you a PM. I want to ask you some questions on LGHS.
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Slimberry1(f): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
cry cry crylow cut cry cryif I remember the way they made me cut my hair then...my popman pleaded like,please don't let her cut it,they replied she is not special......
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Slimberry1(f): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
It's cool sha,low cut made us look so much younger thus less attention from boys sad
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Slimberry1(f): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
uzolexis:

Lies, I went to an ajebo secondary school in all sense of the word "ajebo". Many prominent Nigerians had their kids there and the school fees was really expensive but we all kept low cut. It was an only girls school though, owned by Sisters of St. Louis.
Yeah,St. Louis with discipline they don't care whom your father is,commit an error they wash you down..
Lol"ajebo" ... St. Loius days,the wealthy,the middle class,the poor....I remember the cliques in St Louis then,competition was high.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Slimberry1(f): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
mottecco:
Which control una dey talk about. E get some schools wey girls' haircuts be insult to the parent teacher association of the school. Come see styles like footballers' own.Anything wey we wan do abeg, let us do it well.If we allow them make hair or do gorimapa,moderation and modesty should be our watchword.

Depends on the level of moral discipline in that school,low cut should be nothing but low cut cool
Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by Slimberry1(f): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
rakabuba001:
You forgot this, to avoid hairstyle competition with their teachers. I've observed female teachers have this natural and irrational hate towards their female students ...especially the fine fine ones.

angry grin ;Di remembered St. Louis Mokola...SS3 students at a time were allowed to weave their hair into not more than 5,but there was a principal ;Dwho suffered hair loss since when God knows,she was strict like...so SS3 students then do mock her with her hair, she just vexed one day and ordered all SS3 students to be barb their hair before the second day,those who didn't smelled their anus,she ordered male teachers to cut it for them with scissors, and since then no more hair weaving for ss3 students grin ;it was a funny situation....Mrs. Okojie of life grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SCIENCE GURUS LODGE / Total Scholarship 2019/2020 Discussion Thread / My Journey Through Academics (bsc. Msc. Ph.d)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.