Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,624 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area (48771 Views)

The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion / Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / The Beauty Of Lekki Toll Gate Lagos During Day And Night (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by repogirl(f): 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
OP is definitely on one of those twin tower high rises, near the Dome. Not exactly a nice view though because the area is under construction anyway.

Op did you take this pic on a Sunday morning? See how the roads are deserted.

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
manny4life:

Really discouraging, Abuja of all places? Nigeria can't compete at all, we have a long way to go. embarassed

Haba.
This is a satellite town of Abuja just like the OP stated.
This is not the main Abuja City.

Marry ur dictionary
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by ronald4lif(m): 11:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
Amazing view. Sweet Abuja, how I love that city. Very peaceful and quiet unlike Lagos, a very lousy city.,
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by NaLaugh: 11:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
kenonze:

Haba.
This is a satellite town of Abuja just like the OP stated.
This is not the main Abuja City.

Marry ur dictionary

The Central Business District is actually in the Abuja metropolis as well. It isn't a satellite town.

2 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by kaecyy(m): 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
Onli someone who hasn't visited Abuja would say Lagos is better than ABJ.
Make Una no d spill trash for here. No hard feelings lagosians buh Lagos city can never be compared with ABJ.

6 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Ochendo3: 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
I can identify al buildings there @ day. U r standing on 1st floor of word trade center, I can also site church gate, I can very well c nicon insurance, I c CBN n also very well c NNPC tower, central church, central mosq.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by ucomeoga: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
englishmart:
the night pictures are just discouraging
Power sector leaves much to desire
Haba my person, you forget say many Nigerians dey stingy even to themselves? Na dem refuse to turn their light on.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by NaLaugh: 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
englishmart:
the night pictures are just discouraging
Power sector leaves much to desire

First off, you picked the wrong part of town to take a night skyline image of. Second, you have not used proper photographic methods in capturing the night time images.

People often think photography is just the act of clicking a shutter.

What ISO settings did you use? What shutter speed was used? If you can't answer, then you wouldn't be able to capture that wallpaper looking image you were hoping for.

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by kellyJames5(m): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
besides op took a picture of a place under construction.

go to the likes of Force headquarters, Secretariat, head of service, ministry of finance, Sheraton, eagle square, War college, CBN,NNPC towers etc and behold the beauty of Abuja not a place under construction.

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by EngrSeries(m): 11:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
This pic doesn't portray Abuja city actually. This is just pictures from Constitution avenue. For those criticising Abuja, maybe OP should take pics from Asokoro, Aso drive, Maitama, Wuse 2, amongst other places

4 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by MDsambo: 11:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
Viktor1983:
Oyel $$ at work...

Every sh*t oil money
wats wrong wit yhu guys?

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by deloon(m): 11:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
NaLaugh:

First off, you picked a wrong city to take a night skyline image of. Second, you have not used proper photographic methods in capturing the night time images.

People often think photography is just the act of clicking a shutter.

What ISO settings did you use? What shutter speed was used? If you can't answer, then you wouldn't be able to capture that wallpaper looking image you were hoping for.
There simply isn't enough light in the pic due to the epileptic electric power of the country. It has nothing to do with ISO settings, shutter speed, etc.
The attached pictures were taken without applying any photography skills.

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by mikron(m): 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
YourNemesis:
Abuja still has more of the "Big town" feel than a city feel.
Lagos is the only place in Nigeria that actually looks and feels like a real Global city.

Culturally speaking, Abuja doesn't even pull any weight, and has no real defining character.... So bleh.
have u been to abj before?

2 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by SherylMiracle(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
Have you been to Accra or even Johannesburg??....Just Negodu!
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by henryhemon(m): 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
NaLaugh:

The Central Business District is actually in the Abuja metropolis as well. It isn't a satellite town.

Like the name suggest is a business area most places around there are under construction.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by henryhemon(m): 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
mikron:
have u been to abj before?

Ask him.

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by mikron(m): 12:02am On Jul 27, 2016
op sounds bias, first u took a photo of a newly developing area just behind the NNPC mega station in the churchgate area of central area and judge with that? besides we all know the epileptic power situation in the country so u will not expect most offices to leave their lights on in the night when they are not working, granted Abuja is still developing (the fastest developing city in the world) so comparing the night life feel with a place like Lagos (the commercial capital) is a no no for me. u want a good night scene why not go to the federal secretariat, maitama around transcorp Hilton, zone 4 around Sheraton and towers, ministers hill etc areas of abuja to capture good scenes? there u will see the beauty of Abuja even at night not these scanty environment u want us to see.

4 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by NaLaugh: 12:04am On Jul 27, 2016
deloon:

There simply isn't enough light in the pic due to the epileptic electric power of the country. It has nothing to do with ISO settings, shutter speed, etc.

False.

Certainly, Nigeria's power problems aren't arguable. I lived in Nigeria a long time ago, so I know.
However, the power issue has very little to do with this particular case. It has everything to do with proper night time photography technique.

I'll give you a personal example. About 7 or 8 years ago, I took the dark, blurry image below with a DSLR camera at night, for a college photography class.
I parked on the overpass, put my hazard lights on, and attempted a quick shot of the Boston skyline.

Safe to say that attempt failed woefully. Why? Because I knew little about proper image capture at the time, and my settings were bad. It doesn't mean Boston has a power problem.

The bad pic is my failed attempt, and the second is someone else' image of the same place, from the same place, at night. I hope my statement makes more sense now.

6 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by buharisbae(f): 12:08am On Jul 27, 2016
I'm not impressed with this pic buhh u can't compare abj with lag na abuja is top notch lag is overrated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 27, 2016
kings09:
Lag make sense pass Abj by far. But if dis is our capital city then our leaders shld cover their faces in shame.
which lagos make sense pass abuja? Maybe the one in america and not the lagos of nigeria. Travel out a little pls

3 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by mikron(m): 12:13am On Jul 27, 2016
more wink wink
abuja is beautiful

3 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by galadima77(m): 12:15am On Jul 27, 2016
still fugly, both night n day
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by garokabir: 12:34am On Jul 27, 2016
Abuja. Media centre. Real estate abj. Abj residencial wuse zone 4

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by garokabir: 12:40am On Jul 27, 2016
Abj central mosque. Abj ecowas building. Cbn head quater

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by garokabir: 12:44am On Jul 27, 2016
The most beautiful land of nigeria is the city of ABUJA, u ar welcome to north nigeria.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by sagitariusbaby(m): 1:07am On Jul 27, 2016
These pictures are nothing but insult to the beautiful city of Abuja where I live. I meant where on earth did u took those disgusting pictures?
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by 3RNEST(m): 1:14am On Jul 27, 2016
sagitariusbaby:
These pictures are nothing but insult to the beautiful city of Abuja where I live. I meant where on earth did u took those disgusting pictures?
Lolz i wonder oh.. Me self live in Abuja even Karimo fine pass all this photo wey dem dey post...
The Op need deliverance... Like seriously

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Flairoqy(m): 1:49am On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
these picture were taken on the same day.
I just got this inspiration and decided to take pictures of a well known location in Abuja both at night and day.
The location is Constitution avenue /Central Business District and its environs

Day pictures were taken at 12:45pm
Night pictures were at 8:15 pm

Pictures were taken from the penthouse level of one of the tallest buildings in the FCT
Your camera pixel ain't good enough, those night pictures would have been better, the last time I passed through the road between CBN and Central church, the views were awesome

3 Likes

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Flairoqy(m): 1:53am On Jul 27, 2016
kaecyy:
Onli someone who hasn't visited Abuja would say Lagos is better than ABJ.
Make Una no d spill trash for here. No hard feelings lagosians buh Lagos city can never be compared with ABJ.
You are OYO o, though I have never been to Lagos but I hear amazing things happens there, Abuja is just Career Oriented, everything nah serious serious...
dem no too dey play here like Lagos
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by magicminister: 2:16am On Jul 27, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Some people will still have the gut to compare this 'slum' to major cities in the world...

[size=15pt]The slum of all the major cities in developed countries and most developing countries have steady power supply.
This is 2016; most progressive thinking countries have sorted out their power supply issues
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Jacko1(m): 2:51am On Jul 27, 2016
See as nigwria capital be like cambodia capital

Very local

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loko Oweto Bridge, Benue River At Night. Very Beautiful... (Pictured) / Missing Russian Couple Found Dead After 12 Years In Their Car At Bottom Of River / Eko Boulevard Completed By Eko Atlantic City, Nigeria's 1st Eight Lane City Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.