Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

A Simple Question For Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Question For Atheists (5514 Views)

Questions For Atheists / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Question For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Why are you afraid of the likelihood a Christian section ? A christian section that will be devoid of anti Christian posts . With only reasonable topics created and Christians enjoying peaceful conversations with one another devoid of unintelligent empty and illogical posts from the atheists ? Why are you afraid of peace and serenity ? Why do you hate God and Christianity ? Why do you wish evil for Christians ? Why ? Why ?
There are no anti-Christian posts. Just anti-bullshit ones. I have no problem with a Christian section (na me get nairaland?). It is very funny that a Christain is talking about peace and serenity. You are the ones that disturb people with your endless preaching and noise, you chase demons and scream 'die by fire' at every given opportunity and somehow think that everyone should be comfortable with it. People that do not want their beliefs ridiculed should not possess ridiculous beliefs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
There are no anti-Christian posts. Just anti-bullshit ones. I have no problem with a Christian section (na me get nairaland?). It is very funny that a Christain is talking about peace and serenity. You are the ones that disturb people with your endless preaching and noise, you chase demons and scream 'die by fire' at every given opportunity and somehow think that everyone should be comfortable with it. People that do not want their beliefs ridiculed should not possess ridiculous beliefs.

The most unintelligent proposition ever known is that which assumes there is no creator of this universe - that is foolish vacuous talk . There are atheists too who believe in ghosts , demons , reincarnation etc . When will the day the average Nigerian atheist realize that atheism is simply the lack of belief in God ever come ? Only pathetic bigots denigrate religious beliefs .

The bitter truth still remains : Christianity can do very well without atheism and that atheists need religion to be relevant .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

The most unintelligent proposition ever known is that which assumes there is no creator of this universe - that is foolish vacuous talk . There are atheists too who believe in ghosts , demons , reincarnation etc . When will the day the average Nigerian atheist will realize that atheism is simply the lack of belief in God ever come ? Only pathetic bigots denigrate religious beliefs .

The bitter truth still remains : Christianity can do very well without atheism and that atheists need religion to be relevant .

Gbam! Gbammer! Gbammest! 1trillion gbosa for you there.

3 Likes

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

The most unintelligent proposition ever known is that which assumes there is no creator of this universe - that is foolish vacuous talk . There are atheists too who believe in ghosts , demons , reincarnation etc . When will the day the average Nigerian atheist will realize that atheism is simply the lack of belief in God ever come ? Only pathetic bigots denigrate religious beliefs .

No atheist believes in those things.... It's okay to assume a Creator.The problem starts when you start to say that this Creator is a Jew who you talk to daily and who also helps you find your keys and predicts Champions League matches. That's where the bullshit starts .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
No atheist believes in those things.... It's okay to assume a Creator.The problem starts when you start to say that this Creator is a Jew who you talk to daily and who also helps you find your keys and predicts Champions League matches. That's where the bullshit starts .

So do u believe that God exists?

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 11:22am On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

You must be either ignorant or you are making empty claims - I'll choose both .

1. There are atheists who believe in reincarnation , ghosts etc . You can search on the internet or ask around . Those atheists are also on this forum - Ifenes believes in reincarnation

2. The Creator is not a Jew

3. I'm not sure how to address the rest of your drivel .

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Gbam! Gbammer! Gbammest! 1trillion gbosa for you there.

Thanks bro wink

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 11:33am On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

So do u believe that God exists?
I am inclined to believe in the existence of a Supreme Intelligence. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 11:36am On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

You must be either ignorant or you are making empty claims - I'll choose both .

1. There are atheists who believe in reincarnation , ghosts etc . You can search on the internet or ask around . Those atheists are also on this forum - Ifenes believes in reincarnation

2. The Creator is not a Jew

3. I'm not sure how to address the rest of your drivel .
Really? So you do not talk to the Creator Daily? Is Yahweh a Yoruba name?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 11:39am On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am inclined to believe in the existence of a Supreme Intelligence. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

So if you believe in the existence of a supreme intelligence what then is your grouse since we also believe in a supreme intelligence known to us as Yahweh.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

So if you believe in the existence of a supreme intelligence what then is your grouse since we also believe in a supreme intelligence known to us as Yahweh.

Waiting patiently for his response .

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Really? So you do not talk to the Creator Daily? Is Yahweh a Yoruba name?

So because the creator is called Yahweh , that makes a Jew ? Wawu . You dont say grin
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

So because the creator is called Yahweh , that makes a Jew ? Wawu . You dont say grin
I know where this is headed and I don't want to go there. So let's leave it and talk about the part where you speak to Him daily.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Pidggin(f): 11:51am On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Christians threads are usually boring, this section is active because of atheists and other non-believers.

It will be boring to you because you are not a believer but it's not boring to Christians, hope you understand this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Pidggin(f): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2016
HardMirror:

Yes that is why people are christians, the believe the bible lies because they hear it often.

The Bible is 100% truth. But how can we reason together when you don't understand and how can you understand when you feel you know everything

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Conner44: 11:56am On Jul 27, 2016
Touchnot01:
Nawa for you ooo. Why else do you think he created this section. How come you do not see his plot?

If christians dont know that nairaland is anti christian and has a subtle atheistic propaganda, then smh.

Try opening a thread titled "Born-again pastor lays hands on naked woman" and attach a dubious link. It would make front page within seconds.

Open another named "Pastor engages in charity", it will rot here.

Please open your eyes and see for youself what is really going on.

Why do you guys always presume that the owner of this website is an atheist?

The man is a Muslim. It's glaring.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Pidggin(f): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2016
kevoh:

[/b]Firstly, Atheism is simply disbelief is an existence of god[b]. Unlike Christianity/Islam, it is not a group or motivation. All man on his own. An average atheist does not blindly support the bad actions of another atheist under the name of atheism unlike the Christians and Muslims who will defend murder, rape,slavery acts e.t.c because their Holy book allowed it . If its good, I commend you and if bad I reprimand you just the same way I will do to people of other faiths.

Secondly, please feel free to open "truthful" threads and expose the so called faults. That's the whole idea. Nothing should be scared of scrutiny, if it does then it was built on a false foundation in the first place and never should be preached about. True fact never hides itself! Never! Let's have those threads and let people read, learn and decide which is good or bad. Whining and complaining every day or isolating yourself in one section on Nairaland to avoid scrutiny only proves how weak such faith is.

@ bolded, this is my point. You don't believe God exist but we Christians believe he does so how can we reason together. Why interrupt our threads with your opinions, is it not to win people over to athiesm?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

The problem arises when you ascribe human attributes to the Creator- anger, jealousy, regret, vindictiveness, pettiness, genocidal mania, and psychopathic desires that could only have arisen from the most depraved of minds. This cannot be GOD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Pidggin(f): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2016
nobilis:

So all atheists must be scientists
SMH.
When will you people learn to reason??

So there are no atheists who are artists or musicians?all mind, Atheism=Science??
Mtcheew.

There are no Christian or Muslim athiest so why do you people keep posting in the religion section, is athiesm a religion?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Pidggin(f): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

The most unintelligent proposition ever known is that which assumes there is no creator of this universe - that is foolish vacuous talk . There are atheists too who believe in ghosts , demons , reincarnation etc . When will the day the average Nigerian atheist realize that atheism is simply the lack of belief in God ever come ? Only pathetic bigots denigrate religious beliefs .

This is the simple truth

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
Pidggin:

It will be boring to you because you are not a believer but it's not boring to Christians, hope you understand this
Christian-only threads are not usually invaded by atheists. Prove me wrong by showing such threads.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Pidggin(f): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Waiting patiently for his response .

Me too

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The problem arises when you ascribe human attributes to the Creator- anger, jealousy, regret, vindictiveness, pettiness, genocidal mania, and psychopathic desires that only could could have arisen from the most depraved of minds. This cannot be GOD.

Christians see God as a God of love and not all you said above. Only Atheists here on Nairaland have given God those attributes because they lack the Spirit of Christ so cannot know or understand God.

Jealousy is derived from Love...Yes God can get Angry but not like man would. His anger is justifiable yet merciful. Mans anger isnt. God isnt Vindictive I dont know where u got that from.

Let me ask? Are u a freethinker?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Christians see God as a God of love and not all you said above. Only Atheists here on Nairaland have given God those attributes because they lack the Spirit of Christ so cannot know or understand God.

Jealousy is derived from Love...Yes God can get Angry but not like man would. His anger is justifiable yet merciful. Mans anger isnt. God isnt Vindictive I dont know where u got that from.

Let me ask? Are u a freethinker?
I am an open-minded and unbiased skeptic. Is your God a jealous God?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
Pidggin:

Me too
I hope you have seen it.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am an open-minded and unbiased skeptic. Is your God a jealous God?

My God is a loving God with feelings. So gets Jealous over his creation whom He loves.

So are you a Christian open minded skeptic or just an open minded skeptic?

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:

Why do you guys always presume that the owner of this website is an atheist?

The man is a Muslim. It's glaring.

Wow . It now makes sense . He has never been against Islam but always against Christians - this explains the anti-Christian campaign . Always seeing news about Christians converting to Islam on front page never the other way round .

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Conner44: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
Crazyfinedude:

Wow . It now makes sense . He has never been against Islam but always against Christians - this explains the anti-Christian campaign . Always seeing news about Christians converting to Islam on front page never the other way round .

Now you're seeing the light

You all keep wondering why only Muslims get a section dedicated to them while the Christians battle with atheists all day

Well I don't blame our African atheists, most can't understand the Islamic Bible or hadiths well enough to criticize it and they therefore shy away from engaging them there with their usual tomfoolery

That's another reason why it's common to see more Christians dropping religion than Muslims too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

My God is a loving God with feelings. So gets Jealous over his creation whom He loves.

So are you a Christian open minded skeptic or just an open minded skeptic?
Jealousy is a human flaw. Does your God get angry?....I am a Christian in transition.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Jealousy is a human flaw. Does your God get angry?....I am a Christian in transition.

Jealousy is never a flaw bro. Jealousy is proof you are not a machine. It is part of what makes us alive.
I already answered the questions you are asking here so no need repeating them.

Where are you transitioning to or from?

jeal·ous
ˈjeləs/
adjective
feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
"he grew jealous of her success"
synonyms: envious, covetous, desirous; More
feeling or showing suspicion of someone's unfaithfulness in a relationship.
"a jealous boyfriend"
synonyms: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious; More
[size=20pt]fiercely protective or vigilant of one's rights or possessions.
"Howard is still a little jealous of his authority"
synonyms: protective, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous
"they are very jealous of their rights"[/size]

The bolded bottom part of the definition is the kind of Jealous God is.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Conner44:

Now you're seeing the light

You all keep wondering why only Muslims get a section dedicated to them while the Christians battle with atheists all day

Well I don't blame our African atheists, most can't understand the Islamic Bible or hadiths well enough to criticize it and they therefore shy away from engaging them there with their usual tomfoolery

I agree with this .

That's another reason why it's common to see more Christians dropping religion than Muslims too

Plus Islam does not tolerate apostasy - they kill anyone one who abjure their belief in allah . Many Muslims love Christianity but can't bear the consequences of becoming one . Trust me , more Muslims will readily embrace Christianity than atheism .

Atheism is absolute on the view there is no God or conscious creator of the universe - that is pathetic close-mindedness and atheists have failed egregiously countless number of times to see it .
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Crazyfinedude: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Jealousy is a human flaw.

Jealousy which is a sin is being envious or covetous and is shown by humans . God being jealous means that he wants you to refrain from worshiping other gods and give him all your attention because he is the true God and other gods will lead to your destruction

Does your God get angry?....I am a Christian in transition.

God gets angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DIGC CROSSOVER MESSAGE. By Dr. Pst. Paul Enenche / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! / Queen Elizabeth To Attend Worship And Communion Service With Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.