Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

A Simple Question For Atheists - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Question For Atheists (5511 Views)

Questions For Atheists / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Question For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

You know I know you well and your inability to think for yourself. So I will ignore you as my response was not meant for you.

Sure, since you're in another catch 22, its only logical you prevent embarrassing yourself like you did yesterday here https://www.nairaland.com/3249529/christians-paedophilia-underage-marriage-right

Have you opened the Atheistic evangelical thread yet?

Derailing again grin
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

If you believe there is an intelligent designer how would the intelligent designer be able to intelligently make you and I and give us emotions in such a way that we can differentiate which is which if He did not first understand these emotions?

Its like people who are making Robots today. All of them agree that a robot is soulless and a perfect Robot is one with the ability to feel or smell or have emotions .....in short a perfect Robot should be like man but once that is done, its no longer a robot but a clone and what is a clone? A clone is a copy of an original.

We are clones of God. So man is unable to add the final ingredient into a robot because once they do then will Robots be able to think and take decisions for themselves and not preprogrammed responses...that is a line man is unwilling and unable to cross.

Jealousy is not a flaw bro. I already showed you in its definition. If you have a son or daughter and it is in your power to save that child from being crushed by a car would you not do that? Would you just sit and say you do not care? If you cannot sit idly by and watch bad things happen to your offspring even in your limited capacity why would u then assume that the same God who created you would not have feelings?
Is jealousy a good thing? Man is able to get jealous because he is man(imperfect). If by your logic God created us and feels what what we feel, is it now alright to also assume that God has other human emotions like lust, greed, selfishness and other feelings we consider evil? Or are you going to blame Satan for those?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Conner44: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
lepasharon:

You know Damn well, you would sell your whole family to get into one 'mumu oyinbo country ' cheesy and leave that shithole grin

I know you will sell both your family, cultural heritage and brains to get to wherever. That's why you don't even believe in the idols your ancestors worshipped. To you they were 'prehistoric men' and you are the 'evolved' generation.

I wonder what your own descendants will look back and see you as.

I could also sell many things to get out of 'this sh1t hole' too and I would . . . But I can never betray my religion.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

Sure, since you're in another catch 22, its only logical you prevent embarrassing yourself like you did yesterday here https://www.nairaland.com/3249529/christians-paedophilia-underage-marriage-right

Derailing again grin

Thanks for posting the link. So everyone can see how you totallt embarrassed yourself as you always do whenever I engage you.

The moment I will begin to rate you above average is that moment when you open the Atheistic evangelical thread. Are you still afraid of opening it?

Be a bold and proud Atheist and stand for something in your life. Open the thread and I will enrol to be a convert. Is that so hard a thing to do?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Is jealousy a good thing? Man is able to get jealous because he is man(imperfect). If by your logic God created us and feels what what we feel, is it now alright to also assume that God has other human emotions like lust, greed, selfishness and other feelings we consider evil? Or are you going to blame Satan for those?

Thank you
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

So, your god which can do all things had to have our emotions in order to give us such emotions?

I guess god feels left out too when I have sex, or who is he having sex with in heaven?

God also sleeps, or how will he give you sleep without sleeping himself? That explains why your people suffer same physical fate as those that befall other religions

Your god is also "afraid", that's why humans feel fear from time to time, you just need to tell me who or what he's afraid of

Your god must also feel surprise, or how did he give us that without knowing how it feels himself? So what or who surprised him? Do tell

He must feel all the above since he feels angry, sad, happy, pity, regret or how did he give them to you?
Hahaha...You beat me to it.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Thanks for posting the link. So everyone can see how you totallt embarrassed yourself as you always do whenever I engage you.

The moment I will begin to rate you above average is that moment when you open the Atheistic evangelical thread. Are you still afraid of opening it?

Be a bold and proud Atheist and stand for something in your life. Open the thread and I will enrol to be a convert. Is that so hard a thing to do?

Sure, anyone that visits the thread can se who embarrassed who between the both of us grin

Open a thread? Okay, I will

But I also challenged you since your "bold as a lion" and not afraid of anything and anyone, kindly look for a mosque that has the most percentage of extremists, in the north when they're having their prayers, go in and preach Christ to them

If you agree to carry out the challenge I laid for you, just agree, then I'll open the thread you asked
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

For God to understand these emotions does not mean he had to retain them in himself. When words are used in Scripture as translations sometimes these translations do not match the original context but come close.

Jealousy was used to describe an aspect of God but even the word Jealousy holds deeper meaning which is what I have shown you via its definition.

Being Protective or careful over something is under the word Jealousy but not the envy part of it.

Being protective is not a flaw neither is being careful over a thing.

Words are used to describe actions but do not define the person who carried out the action.

I can say you were angered by an incident based on how u reacted but does that mean you are an angry person? Its a reaction. Without these reactions then God would be a zombie and so would you.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

For God to understand these emotions does not mean he had to retain them in himself. When words are used in Scripture as translations sometimes these translations do not match the original context but come close.

Jealousy was used to describe an aspect of God but even the word Jealousy holds deeper meaning which is what I have shown you via its definition.

Being Protective or careful over something is under the word Jealousy but not the envy part of it.

Words are used to describe actions but do not define the person who carried out the action.

I can say you were angered by an incident based on how u reacted but does that mean you are an angry person? Its a reaction. Without these reactions then God would be a zombie and so would you.

So its now translation grin

Yet he was able to quickly bring dictionary definitions and example for jealously

It wasn't "translation" then but became translation when the catch 22 caught him

grin

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

Sure, anyone that visits the thread can se who embarrassed who between the both of us grin

Open a thread? Okay, I will

But I also challenged you since your "bold as a lion" and not afraid of anything and anyone, kindly look for a mosque that has the most percentage of extremists, in the north when they're having their prayers, go in and preach Christ to them

If you agree to carry out the challenge I laid for you, just agree, then I'll open the thread you asked

The commission we have is not to be the problem while offering a solution. I already tackled this you shallow reasoning on another thread and I told you we make converts of muslims daily and do not necessarily need to visit their mosque to achieve this simply because not all of them would listen to the message so as good soldiers we choose our targets which is something you wouldn't understand.

I opened a certain thread here on NL and I already have a nairalander muslim convert and she is even married to a muslim..the husband is next....so keep jumping around while we are working and getting results. Today she is neck deep in Jesus and has opened up about all the fetish things involved in islam.

Open your thread and make a convert out of me. I beg u
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

So, your god which can do all things had to have our emotions in order to give us such emotions?

I guess god feels left out too when I have sex, or who is he having sex with in heaven?

God also sleeps, or how will he give you sleep without sleeping himself? That explains why your people suffer same physical fate as those that befall other religions

Your god is also "afraid", that's why humans feel fear from time to time, you just need to tell me who or what he's afraid of

Your god must also feel surprise, or how did he give us that without knowing how it feels himself? So what or who surprised him? Do tell

He must feel all the above since he feels angry, sad, happy, pity, regret or how did he give them to you?

The trouble you had to go through creating a new moniker, only to come and spit absurdity is ridiculous. Embarrass yourself further, but don't expect anyone to believe you are comfortable with your beliefs.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

The commission we have is not to be the problem while offering a solution. I already tackled this you shallow reasoning on another thread and I told you we make converts of muslims daily and do not necessarily need to visit their mosque to achieve this simply because not all of them would listen to the message so as good soldiers we choose our targets which is something you wouldn't understand.

I opened a certain thread here on NL and I already have a nairalander muslim convert and she is even married to a muslim..the husband is next....so keep jumping around while we are working and getting results. Today she is neck deep in Jesus and has opened up about all the fetish things involved in islam.

Open your thread and make a convert out of me. I beg u

I don't want to make a convert of you, since you don't want to take up my challenge, I'm not taking yours

Now face the topic at hand
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
jagugu88li:

The trouble you had to go through creating a new moniker, only to come and spit absurdity is ridiculous. Embarrass yourself further, but don't expect anyone to believe you are comfortable with your beliefs.

Visit my main monicker and find out why I'm using this

https://www.nairaland.com/hopefullandlord

Click the thread I made today, you'll find out why I'm using this

Now, where is the thrash here? Its pretty clear you have nothing to say
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

I don't want to make a convert of you, since you don't want to take up my challenge, I'm not taking yours

Now face the topic at hand

You do not because u have got nothing to offer besides your usual second hand information which you do not even understand before spewing.

You do not want to open the thread because according to you, you are afraid! Its not about me.....if it was about me then the passion with which you attack anything Christian you would use same passion to quickly open that thread if you know u would make converts of me and others.

There are tradionalists and spiritualists who have boldly opened their own threads to propagate their particular ideology so why can't you do yours?

Fear my friend, fear! Nairaland Atheists.......smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

You do not because u have got nothing to offer besides your usual second hand information which you do not even understand before spewing.

You do not want to open the thread because according to you, you are afraid! Its not about me.....if it was about me then the passion with which you attack anything Christian you would use same passion to quickly open that thread if you know u would make converts of me and others.

There are tradionalists and spiritualists who have boldly opened their own threads to propagate their particular ideology so why can't you do yours?

Fear my friend, fear! Nairaland Atheists.......smh

Okay, I have nothing to offer, agreed

Face the catch 22 at hand
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

Visit my main monicker and find out why I'm using this

https://www.nairaland.com/hopefullandlord

Click the thread I made today, you'll find out why I'm using this

Now, where is the thrash here? Its pretty clear you have nothing to say

Find this quote in the book of Daniel 12:10
"Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand"

Hence its useless talking sense with you
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

Okay, I have nothing to offer, agreed

Face the catch 22 at hand

I already tackled the purported catch 22 so done and dusted but you had to conveniently butt in.

So you agree and accept you have absolutely zero to offer.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
jagugu88li:

"Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand"

Hence its useless talking sense to you

Bros, no be by force to talk now

Since I'm spiling trash, can you answer Ranchoddas that also "spilled" the same kind of trash and agreed with my trash? Thank you in advance

I would let you go easy this time for reasons best known to me

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

All of a sudden God no longer retains our feelings. I don't understand why you are now trying to make it seem as if jealousy from God's point of view is different from human jealousy. Remember when the Isrealites made a calf and danced round it after God delivered them from Egypt, God got angry/jealous and had the idolaters killed. How is this different from a man who hurts his girlfriend because he saw her with another man. Tell me how the element of jealousy is not the same in these two scenarios.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

I already tackled the purported catch 22 so done and dusted but you had to conveniently butt in.

So you agree and accept you have absolutely zero to offer.

So true you did grin

I'm sure Ranchoddas also knows you've tackled it grin

Delusion at its best

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
All of a sudden God no longer retains our feelings. I don't understand why you are now trying to make it seem as if jealousy from God's point of view is different from human jealousy. Remember when the Isrealites made a calf and danced round it after God delivered them from Egypt, God got angry/jealous and had the idolaters killed. How is this different from a man who hurts his girlfriend because he saw her with another man. Tell me how the element of jealousy is not the same in this two scenarios.

Good intelligent words

But according to our know it all, their god's jealousy is a "translation" issue
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
jagugu88li:

Hence its useless talking sense with you
Define 'wicked' as used above.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Define 'wicked'as used above.

Non-christians

Monks, Muslims, atheists, Hindus etc are all "wicked"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

Non-christians
Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by damogul: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
All of a sudden God no longer retains our feelings. I don't understand why you are now trying to make it seem as if jealousy from God's point of view is different from human jealousy. Remember when the Isrealites made a calf and danced round it after God delivered them from Egypt, God got angry/jealous and had the idolaters killed. How is this different from a man who hurts his girlfriend because he saw her with another man. Tell me how the element of jealousy is not the same in this two scenarios.

Sometimes I wonder why some of you even ask questions when you do not want to learn in the first place.

I already told you that Gods Anger is justifiable yet merciful.

In the old testament God had certain rules he gave the children of Israel and already told them the penalty for breaking such rules ao what happened to them was a consequence of breaking the laid down rules and not necessarily because God was angry but like i said an action can be described using a word but does not mean the word describes the one involved.

Now in the new testament God through Christ has now also laid down a fresh and new set of rules and this rule speaks aboit mercy, grace and love which is why God is now defined as a God of love because now is where we are.

I want to believe you are not a Christian in Transition. You are probably just saying that to keep this convo flowing. You have already transitioned and wish to win a debate is what you are doing. Your mind and mine are at variance so this discussion ends now.

If my explanation cannot convince you then your mind is already set on your new path.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Another bloody cop out grin

Better cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

Bros, no be by force to talk now

Since I'm spiling trash, can you answer Ranchoddas that also "spilled" the same kind of trash and agreed with my trash? Thank you in advance

I would let you go easy this time for reasons best known to me

In that case you just proved my point. Thank you

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
jagugu88li:

In that case you just proved my point. Thank you
undecided
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Ranchhoddas: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Sometimes I wonder why some of you even ask questions when you do not want to learn in the first place.

I already told you that Gods Anger is justifiable yet merciful.

In the old testament God had certain rules he gave the children of Israel and already told them the penalty for breaking such rules ao what happened to them was a consequence of breaking the laid down rules and not necessarily because God was angry but like i said an action can be described using a word but does not mean the word describes the one involved.

Now in the new testament God through Christ has now also laid down a fresh and new set of rules and this rule speaks aboit mercy, grace and love which is why God is now defined as a God of love because now is where we are.

I want to believe you are not a Christian in Transition. You are probably just saying that to keep this convo flowing. You have already transitioned and wish to win a debate is what you are doing. Your mind and mine are at variance so this discussion ends now.

If my explanation cannot convince you then your mind is already set on your new path.
I am not sure I follow. Are you saying that the God of the New Testament has stopped being jealous? Note that I don't care whether you believe me or not.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by hopeful1andlord: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am not sure I follow. Are you saying that the God of the New Testament has stopped being jealous? Note that I don't care whether you believe me or not.

Huehuehuehuehuehue
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Pidggin(f): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

God is perfect, He doesn't have our weaknesses. Jealousy in this case is not a weakness rather it is strength. It is a sign of being caring and loving. If he didn't show any emotions when a soul is being lost to the devil wouldn't that make him uncaring?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists by Pidggin(f): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:

Non-christians

The last time I checked all these religions preach love but what does your own preach? And if you don't have a religion why not allow others to continue in theirs? It seems you can only be relevant when you find fault in existing religions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DIGC CROSSOVER MESSAGE. By Dr. Pst. Paul Enenche / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! / Queen Elizabeth To Attend Worship And Communion Service With Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.