Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja (27310 Views)

Between Spectranet And Smile 4glte Service, Which Is Better? / Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase / Spectranet Increases Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 3:32am On Aug 01, 2016
mare23ayo:
I don't know about you guys but I prefer to pay big for the best deal! talking about Smile 4g mifi. last night I skyped with no break or disruption in network, 5k for 5gig. have used it in ogun, lagos and ibadan, Oyo state. Exactly 1 Year now since I bought it..
I quite agree with you that one needs to pay for premium services. However, I think 5k for 5Gig is rather unreasonably expensive in the present day Nigeria.
Smile isn't the only one with good network fa. I Skype for 2 hours non stop on Etisalat too (when their head decide to correct)
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by okonja(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2016
alstacs:

Good to hear this bro. What sort of subscription do they even have on the NTEL self before person go enter another one chance?

2days for N1000

7days for N3000

30days for N10000
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Sphilip1(m): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2016
alstacs:
After switching round all mobile networks looking for fast and reliable data services, a friend introduced Spectranet to me in January 2015. It was the best Internet experience I've had since I was born. I was the king, I could do all I needed to do and the kids could stream their animations and educational videos. I was the most reliable when making Skype video calls. If you come to my house, I don't offer you water or drink, I give you wifi password.
Despite having just two bars of signal around Durumi area, I streamed videos like they were stored on my tablet or laptop.
suddenly I became an apostle to spectranet. In fact somebody in the central area nearly cursed me once on Facebook for praising spectranet. His honeymoon oerios was over! I never knew Spectranet has a honeymoon period for everybody and every area in Abuja.

My/our honeymoon period expired January 2016 when they started their double offer promo. From that time, despite my steady signal strength, I have been using about only 2 or 3 gig out of almost 40gig I have every month. It became so poor that as bad as Glo network was, I preferred Glo data cos spectranet would not even open a page on a browser talk less of using VOI calls or streaming videos.
If you need to open a website now, you better start boiling beans at the same time, you page will open when you are done from the kitchen.
I went round my area asking apither subscribers and they all have the same story to tell. I mailed their customer service and an engineer was sent to my house and area. He confirmed that their service was no longer optimised there just like those people in the central area .
I have tried on a few occasions to subscribe again but I ended up wasting money every time. I tried Smile too but their own data costs an arm and a leg.
my options now:
1. Unlock the wifi device for a more customer friendly broadband provider
2. To give out my wifi device for free.
3. Seems as if I will try NTEL oh

So boss, what actually went wrong? Was all your preaching just a hype?
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 3:06am On Aug 04, 2016
Preaching about Spectranet just a hype? I had never used an Internet service as fast a it. A friend from south Africa visited me once and updated two Iphones, a Macbook and an Ipad within a few minutes; all together. He had to ask me if I manufactured WiFi in my house ni.
It was quite good till they became powers and principalities, collecting monthly allocations without any work rendered.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
I got a mail from Spectranet after I frankly told all their customer care offers that I had ported and I wasn't ready to waste money again. I also directed them to Nairaland to assess their popularity and appreciate the bashing on them here.
They kept telling that they had escalated my displeasure and complaints.

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
Following that mail. I got series of calls again from very courteous ladies from the Spectranet customers service assuring me that the network issues in my area have been addressed and I should try them.
I subscribed to the 4Gig for 3k and I was happy I did. I was on Skype for 2 hours without a break. I update all my outdated softwares.
is it possible my first love has come back home to me?
Or I am just being deceived to subscribe again so that they can break my heart with maximum impact?

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Gargoylesmiles(m): 9:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
alstacs:
Following that mail. I got series of calls again from very courteous ladies from the Spectranet customers service assuring me that the network issues in my area have been addressed and I should try them.
I subscribed to the 4Gig for 3k and I was happy I did. I was on Skype for 2 hours without a break. I update all my outdated softwares.
Or I am just being deceived to subscribe again so that they can break my heart with maximum impact?

Such a happy ending...lets hope this reunion lasts smiley

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2016
alstacs:

What's the speed like now and which location(s) did you try it? I learnt they reviewed their prices.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
ollah1:

What's the speed like now and which location(s) did you try it? I learnt they reviewed their prices.

Speed is still good oh. Unfortunately, I can't present an objective speed test but I use Skype a lot and my children too stream educational and entertaining cartoons. These two are still running fine. I've been afraid everyday to see the network return back to the dark ages.
Data plans were reviewed but they appear unreasonable to me, if they want to gain back all those who left them for Ntel, Smile etc, they should have more attractive data offers.
Gaduwa Estate area.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by danxzy: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
Uncle i havn't seen you since then, i promise to give u best and enjoyable internet. call me 08139034522 or give me ur number
alstacs:
After switching round all mobile networks looking for fast and reliable data services, a friend introduced Spectranet to me in January 2015. It was the best Internet experience I've had since I was born. I was the king, I could do all I needed to do and the kids could stream their animations and educational videos. I was the most reliable when making Skype video calls. If you come to my house, I don't offer you water or drink, I give you wifi password.
Despite having just two bars of signal around Durumi area, I streamed videos like they were stored on my tablet or laptop.
suddenly I became an apostle to spectranet. In fact somebody in the central area nearly cursed me once on Facebook for praising spectranet. His honeymoon oerios was over! I never knew Spectranet has a honeymoon period for everybody and every area in Abuja.

My/our honeymoon period expired January 2016 when they started their double offer promo. From that time, despite my steady signal strength, I have been using about only 2 or 3 gig out of almost 40gig I have every month. It became so poor that as bad as Glo network was, I preferred Glo data cos spectranet would not even open a page on a browser talk less of using VOI calls or streaming videos.
If you need to open a website now, you better start boiling beans at the same time, you page will open when you are done from the kitchen.
I went round my area asking apither subscribers and they all have the same story to tell. I mailed their customer service and an engineer was sent to my house and area. He confirmed that their service was no longer optimised there just like those people in the central area .
I have tried on a few occasions to subscribe again but I ended up wasting money every time. I tried Smile too but their own data costs an arm and a leg.
my options now:
1. Unlock the wifi device for a more customer friendly broadband provider
2. To give out my wifi device for free.
3. Seems as if I will try NTEL oh
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 2:12am On Dec 22, 2016
danxzy:
Uncle i havn't seen you since then, i promise to give u best and enjoyable internet. call me 08139034522 or give me ur number

I'm sorry boss, I have not been around. I will get in touch as soon as I return back.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by danxzy: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2017
ok, expecting to see u soon
alstacs:

I'm sorry boss, I have not been around. I will get in touch as soon as I return back.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Gargoylesmiles(m): 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
Guys, can any Ntel user summarize how you perceive the network?
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
Gargoylesmiles:
Guys, can any Ntel user summarize how you perceive the network?

the good days are gone

ntel has unresolved performance hiccups, but more importantly, the smartphone unlimited which is the package most of us buy is no longer unlimited. it has a daily data cap of 3gb. once you pass 3gb, you get 60kb/s connection.

if you're not a heavy user all well and good, until its time for netflix and chill and you're in netflix and boil

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by droopyd: 12:46am On Apr 17, 2017
oyb:

once you pass 3gb, you get 60kb/s connection

I bought their SIM and decided to test first by subscribing for the 2 day plan (best decision I have made in a while smiley ). I was throttled to 60kb/s from the moment I started browsing, speed only increased slightly at midnight and I could not even browse some minutes after 12am. The next day I could only open Google related webpages and that's how it remained until the sub expired.....thrown away the SIM already.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Jabia(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2017
Hello all,

Has anyone here tried Glo 4G recently? I know it can be finicky every once in a while, but for the price I think its cool. I just did a speed test and here's what I got in Warri. What's more, I'm in a horrible network area.

Give it a try - you get 10GB for N2.5K

NB: I do NOT work for Glo, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. Just thought to share.

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2017
Jabia:
Hello all,

Has anyone here tried Glo 4G recently? I know it can be finicky every once in a while, but for the price I think its cool. I just did a speed test and here's what I got in Warri. What's more, I'm in a horrible network area.

Give it a try - you get 10GB for N2.5K

NB: I do NOT work for Glo, I'm not affiliated with them in any way. Just thought to share.

my experience with glo is that they are too erratic. even within a 10m radius, you cannot get a steady signal .

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Gargoylesmiles(m): 7:07am On Apr 19, 2017
Scam of the century. Funny tho you can still watch Netflix and Iroko on it.

droopyd:

I bought their SIM and decided to test first by subscribing for the 2 day plan (best decision I have made in a while smiley ). I was throttled to 60kb/s from the moment I started browsing, speed only increased slightly at midnight and I could not even browse some minutes after 12am. The next day I could only open Google related webpages and that's how it remained until the sub expired.....thrown away the SIM already.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by droopyd: 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
Gargoylesmiles:
Scam of the century. Funny tho you can still watch Netflix and Iroko on it.

Ntel redeemed themselves a little today. Got a voucher for the 2 day data bundle as compensation for the network issues. Speed is good so far, streamed the entire Barcelona vs Juventus Match without much issues and just finished downloading the Windows 10 creators update (started the download after the football match). Seems like torrent downloads are throttled though.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by okonja(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2017
droopyd:

Ntel redeemed themselves a little today. Got a voucher for the 2 day data bundle as compensation for the network issues. Speed is good so far, streamed the entire Barcelona vs Juventus Match without much issues and just finished downloading the Windows 10 creators update (started the download after the football match). Seems like torrent downloads are throttled though.

Can you drop the coupon here for us?
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 20, 2017
droopyd:

creators update is 3.8gb or thereabouts [64bit]

good luck
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by droopyd: 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
okonja:

Can you drop the coupon here for us?
The coupon is not re-usable, already tried cheesy
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by droopyd: 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
oyb:

creators update is 3.8gb or thereabouts [64bit]
good luck
Download took about 2 hrs 30mins.....
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Gargoylesmiles(m): 5:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
droopyd:

So what network are you on now? I switched to Ntel finally as they are the only ones giving me unlimited as I can manage in Naija (price and speed).
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
Gargoylesmiles:

So what network are you on now? I switched to Ntel finally as they are the only ones giving me unlimited as I can manage in Naija (price and speed).
And is their Unlimited actually unlimited?
Spectranet has a some unlimited plans but I later discovered it is capped at 100gig after which they drop your speed to something cannot even open a page on the net.
Airtel too came out with with their unlimited too. The stories na d same
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by googlepikins: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2017
defash8:
We just sign up to MainOne SME-in-a-Box, this is the best service in Nigeria. It is fibre to our office.
bros abeg this MainOne is it a dish connection or what. And how's their Network speed so far in your office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Free BBM Stickers / Help! Pls How Can I Unbar My Mtn Line Manually / The Dangers In Making & Answering Calls While "Charging"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.