Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

On Evolutionism And Creationism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Evolutionism And Creationism (702 Views)

Creationism And Race / Creationism At Public Schools. / Evolution Vs Creationism! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Evolutionism And Creationism by zt(m): 6:51am On Jul 27, 2016
Reconciling Evolutionism and Creationism (Part 1)
By Lasisi Olanrewaju

In 2014, arguing that God is not a magician with a magic wand, Pope Francis said of evolution as “not being inconsistent with the notion of creation because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve”. Many might have seen the Pope as being heretic and thus guilty of apostasy- this set of people would possibly call me a withersake who tries to reconcile Creationism (which have certainty without proof) and Science(which have proof without certainty). This is not the case as I will try without being neither too technical (because of my academic background as an archaeologist) nor be too religious (because of my religious doctrine) to illustrate critically without prejudice that “creationism is the certainty of science and science, the proof of creationism”.

It is a truism that there is God- this can be seen from the miraculous acts performed in the days of old as well as today, I certainly have no reason to doubt the plausibility of God as the intelligent designer who created the universe in 6 working days- this is because God is omnipotent and can do anything. However, it’s important that we
consider the fossil record which shows the evolution of species through time. God is certainly not a cosmic hoaxer who made man in a day and still deposited extinct and extant fossils within stratigraphic layers for the sole aim of confusing mankind. Therefore the need to critically see that the two supposed disparate lines (evolution and creation) “is a
continuum of proofs and certainty” which such must be evaluated logically.

Often time, we talk about God’s potency for creating everything created in six days and rested on the seventh but we never thought God could have done all in a day or in two seconds. I know if we read that God did
created the universe in one second, we all wouldn’t believe it’s possible in six days even if fossil record shows that it’s in six days. In like manners, we find it difficult to see the illumination offered by the fossil record because we cannot question the Holy Book, because we only focus on the final product of things without considering the processes that led to it. It is on this note that I agree with Thorndike that “the purposelessness of a behavior can cloak the aimlessness of its origin”. I will not be ignorantly cloaked- not to see how the fossil records- which observing them is of a truth like holding up an opaque mirror to oneself. Although the image may not be crystal clear or indeed what some would consider flattering but it is certainly familiar enough to be illuminating.

The Holy book clearly affirms that without faith, it is impossible to please God. The reason for this understanding in the concept of God is because Himself is FAITH. He is the embodiment of possibilities amidst what seems impossible and if you must be a partaker of this grace of calling the things that do not exist as though they do, then you must also operate with Faith. This is the reason why when you pray, you immediately have the confirmation that the God of faith has answered that prayer and that it requires a “process for it to manifest”. It is in like
manners when He said “Let there be light-and there was light”. If God were to be a magician, the light would indeed be without a process but God is not a magician which is the reason why for God to cause rain upon the surface of the earth, the downpour never come from nothing but will happen through a process that involves evaporation to cloud
formation and then condensation/downpour. Without the knowledge of this process, man would have said “God just made it to rain just like that. I mean within just 2seconds it began to rain”. But through science we can see that there was an underlining factor which brought about the downpour and the factor was a process.

In the Genesis (Genesis 1 vs. 1-11) of Creationist creationism, the process was demonstrated when He created Light before grasses (to allow for growth through photosynthesis), and animals at a later time so as they can feed on the grasses. Even water bodies before the fishes (why not Pisces before the water bodies? Because the Master Planner believes in process and compatibility). What would man have eaten and how will man see his frontal horizon if he was created on the first day? God wouldn’t have done that because he also created evolutionary mechanisms alongside all His creatures.

The universe created in six working days? That is amazing but not spectacular enough as I believe the omnipotent God could have created the universe and all its fullness within two seconds because two seconds in man’s sight is much more in the sight of God. We must understand that man does have a limitation-it’s the temporal limitation-
but God is not affected by the concept of time. Little wonder the Psalmist (Psalm 90 vs. 4) states that “a day to the lord is as a thousand years” and a thousand year as one day (2 peter 3 vs 8 ). What if God sees it as a day to a million, who is to question?

In Hebrew 11 vs. 3, we can’t but accept the creationist theory except through faith- “through faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God………………”-World could be cosmos (of place) or aion (of ages, span). The original Greek translation of world in this scripture is aion and if this be, we are then talking about something that is of
different periods, of ages and not just of a moment. Having established the chronological connections of the world within the literally six days of creation, evolutionism becomes a suspect to the proof of the certainty of a creationist view. Evolutionism thus gains more credence when we consider the word framed” in the same verse. “Frame” is from the Greek word "katartizo" and it's means to mend, to repair, to fix until it is perfect and complete. In the process of repair, then we begin to think of a form of transitioning from one point (realm, condition) to another. It implies growth, change, process, evolution and not a mystical appearance of things.

On Big Bang as the starting point of life, I will discuss it more technically in the second part of this post but we can meditate in the meantime, what the other Holy Book (Quran Al Anbya 21 vs. 30) has to say in support of it-“Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were joined together as ONE UNITED PIECE, then we PARTED them? And we have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?”. To corroborate the biblical position of a good end product of what God created, Quran (As-Sajdah) asserts that “Allah who made everything He has created good, He BEGAN the creation of man………”. You may wonder why it’s not “Allah who made everything He has created good, instantly made man”. Apparently, the word “BEGAN” is
talking about the processes involved in the becoming of Homo sapiens- the anatomical modern man and this process is called EVOLUTION!!!

https://m.facebook.com/lasisilanre1/photos/a.164161900651823.1073741828.164147810653232/211452675922745/?type=3&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1366570183356390%3Atl_objid.1366570183356390%3Athid.100000102640966%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1470034799%3A-7300148045686919369&__tn__=%2As

2 Shares

Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by 4kings: 8:53am On Jul 27, 2016
This is very brilliant and educative, waiting for the big bang post.

3 Likes

Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by zt(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2016
4kings:

Thank you 4kings, I am on it!!!

2 Likes

Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by 4kings: 1:53am On Aug 03, 2016
zt the Archaeologist, i'm still waiting for the big bang post
Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by zt(m): 2:03am On Aug 03, 2016
4kings:

Hi 4kings, I know really huh. I am still adjusting to my recent change of location and a very new studies plan. So I have no had much time to write it out. Perhaps we can do a little discussion on whatsap about this evolutionary trend? 07066577238
Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by zt(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2020
4kings:

Why don’t we talk about this over the phone at some point? I have interesting and updated ideas on this!!!
Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by WinningEleven(m): 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
zt:

Why don’t we talk about this over the phone at some point? I have interesting and updated ideas on this!!!
Duuuudeeeeee.... If you don't continue this post I will send SARS to you oooosad
Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by zt(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2020
Lol my brother. I have published more than this post and in the process of getting a book out there also. I might have more than a post to this�
Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by 4kings: 11:19am On Aug 10, 2020
zt:

Jeez. Back from the dead. Been so long. Would contact you Sir but it'd be preferable to share knowledge with everyone here.

Lol my brother. I have published more than this post and in the process of getting a book out there also. I might have more than a post to this�
Awesome. Though getting it reviewed & accepted in one of the top research journals would broaden your audience.
Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by zt(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2020
4kings:

Jeez. Back from the dead. Been so long. Would contact you Sir but it'd be preferable to share knowledge with everyone here.

Awesome. Though getting it reviewed & accepted in one of the top research journals would broaden your audience.

Absolutely!!!
I will share some of these ideas when I have ample time. Thanks for your patience!!!
Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by zt(m): 1:41am On Oct 27, 2023
Reconciling Evolutionism and Creationism (Part 2)
By Dr. Lasisi Olanrewaju

In the first part of this exploration, we unraveled the seamless tapestry of creationism and evolutionism, which proved not to be conflicting ideologies but rather facets of a grander, unified reality. In this concluding part, we shall delve deeper into the quantum realm, Yoruba cosmology, and the harmonic resonance of universal truths.

Quantum Faith: The Unseen Fabric of Reality

Science has often grappled with the inexplicable phenomena that defy classical physics. Enter Quantum Mechanics, the mysterious realm of possibilities. Here, particles exist in superposition—both as particle and wave—until observed. This duality correlates with the spiritual concept of faith, which Hebrews 11:1 describes as "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Yoruba Cosmology and The Big Bang: A Symphony of Creation

The Yoruba cosmological narrative offers a complex, yet harmonious, understanding of the universe, not unlike the scientific account of the Big Bang. Both paradigms speak of an initial singularity—a point of infinite potential—that expands to give birth to all of existence. In Yoruba, this point is known as "Olódùmarè," the supreme being, while in scientific terms, it's the singularity that birthed our universe.

The Sound of Silence: The Resonance of Unspoken Truths

There's a profound power in silence, in the unspoken, in the gaps between words and worlds. Yoruba traditions speak of "Àṣẹ," the life-force that runs through all things, seen and unseen. In quantum physics, this resonates with the concept of "quantum entanglement," which Einstein famously described as "spooky action at a distance." In both cases, an invisible force connects all things, manifesting the unspoken into reality.

Talking with Mouths Closed: The Language of the Universe

In every culture and scientific field, there's a lexicon understood only by those initiated into its mysteries. For the Yoruba, it's the language of the Ifá divination system. In quantum mechanics, it's the mathematical equations that describe the behavior of particles. These languages, though seemingly different, convey the same universal truths—truths that transcend time, space, and even dimensionality.

Conclusion: The Grand Tapestry and The Ultimate Question

As we pull back and view the grand tapestry of existence, we find that science and spirituality are not just threads running parallel; they are interwoven fabrics making up a single, magnificent design. One way to understand the beginning of everything is to ask oneself the question, "What is the nature and structure of the universe?" If the answers that emerge do not align with the unified reality we have presented here, then we stand ready to adapt our understanding. However, given the ever-increasing power of our networks and computational abilities, we are confident that this unified vision of reality will stand the test of time and scrutiny.

In this divine silence, let the resonance of these truths be the sound that guides us into a new paradigm of understanding, one that unifies science and spirituality into a harmonious existence.
Re: On Evolutionism And Creationism by zt(m): 1:43am On Oct 27, 2023
4kings:

Reconciling Evolutionism and Creationism (Part 2)
By Dr. Lasisi Olanrewaju

In the first part of this exploration, we unraveled the seamless tapestry of creationism and evolutionism, which proved not to be conflicting ideologies but rather facets of a grander, unified reality. In this concluding part, we shall delve deeper into the quantum realm, Yoruba cosmology, and the harmonic resonance of universal truths.

Quantum Faith: The Unseen Fabric of Reality

Science has often grappled with the inexplicable phenomena that defy classical physics. Enter Quantum Mechanics, the mysterious realm of possibilities. Here, particles exist in superposition—both as particle and wave—until observed. This duality correlates with the spiritual concept of faith, which Hebrews 11:1 describes as "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Yoruba Cosmology and The Big Bang: A Symphony of Creation

The Yoruba cosmological narrative offers a complex, yet harmonious, understanding of the universe, not unlike the scientific account of the Big Bang. Both paradigms speak of an initial singularity—a point of infinite potential—that expands to give birth to all of existence. In Yoruba, this point is known as "Olódùmarè," the supreme being, while in scientific terms, it's the singularity that birthed our universe.

The Sound of Silence: The Resonance of Unspoken Truths

There's a profound power in silence, in the unspoken, in the gaps between words and worlds. Yoruba traditions speak of "Àṣẹ," the life-force that runs through all things, seen and unseen. In quantum physics, this resonates with the concept of "quantum entanglement," which Einstein famously described as "spooky action at a distance." In both cases, an invisible force connects all things, manifesting the unspoken into reality.

Talking with Mouths Closed: The Language of the Universe

In every culture and scientific field, there's a lexicon understood only by those initiated into its mysteries. For the Yoruba, it's the language of the Ifá divination system. In quantum mechanics, it's the mathematical equations that describe the behavior of particles. These languages, though seemingly different, convey the same universal truths—truths that transcend time, space, and even dimensionality.

Conclusion: The Grand Tapestry and The Ultimate Question

As we pull back and view the grand tapestry of existence, we find that science and spirituality are not just threads running parallel; they are interwoven fabrics making up a single, magnificent design. One way to understand the beginning of everything is to ask oneself the question, "What is the nature and structure of the universe?" If the answers that emerge do not align with the unified reality we have presented here, then we stand ready to adapt our understanding. However, given the ever-increasing power of our networks and computational abilities, we are confident that this unified vision of reality will stand the test of time and scrutiny.

In this divine silence, let the resonance of these truths be the sound that guides us into a new paradigm of understanding, one that unifies science and spirituality into a harmonious existence.

(1) (Reply)

Ancient Tribe In Indonesia Roasts Dead Relatives (Disturbing Photos) / Know This Now. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/11/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.