Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Why I Want To Be A Teacher - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Want To Be A Teacher (966 Views)

How To Earn Extra Money As A Teacher In Nigeria / See What Happened Between A Teacher And Student Who 'padded' Himself. Photos / How A Teacher Holds A Boy And Canes Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be A Teacher by dayowunmi(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2016
Teaching is one of the greatest professions in the world at any time. The doctors, lawyers, engineers and scientists of this world all passed through the tutelage of a teacher at one time or the other in their lives. It is safe to say we are students because life is a continuous learning process, no one is the fountain of knowledge, no one person is the best lawyer, also the best engineer, also the best medical doctor also the best pilot etc. For us to attain our optimum capacity and truly fulfill potentials it is inevitable that we pass through teachers at some point in the journey of life.
Teaching is a very rewarding job. Maybe not so much in salaries earned but most especially in the impact you get to make on society. I am a teacher myself so am speaking from experience. It is simply an opportunity to mold the future and destinies of the next generation. What great joy it is to see your students going on in life to achieve great things. This is simply a feeling no amount of money can buy.
After all said and done, it is pertinent to say that teaching can be a very demanding and thankless job. It is very demanding especially when the students are little kids. Getting them to listen and flow with the teaching can be very tricky. Even in situations where the students are not little kids getting the attention and cooperation of the students may not be easy and learning is not efficient when the students are not attentive and cooperative. But again, which occupation does not have its own challenges! In this case, the duties of the teacher becomes like that of a miner, who extracts gold (the students), the gold in its raw state is ruddy and withal of a nice appearance, the teacher then finds ways to cleanse and purify the students until they outgrow their petulance and genuinely falls in love with their studies. From experience, some of the stubborn and playful students in the past have later grown to be some of the brightest scholars around.
Unfortunately, the efforts of teachers mostly go unappreciated which has invariably led to many quitting the job while some others are just hanging around just because they must make ends meet and there's no better alternative in the present that they can resort to. At times, students are more than what the teacher can cope with leaving the teacher physically and emotionally drained at the close of work most days due to long hours of shouting, controlling and trying to impart knowledge on the students and as if to make matters worse, the pay is not commensurate with that of other professions.
Despite all these, teaching still remains the best profession and no amount of money can sufficiently pay teachers enough for their effort and contribution to the advancement of society and edification of mankind and that is why it is often said that "teachers reward is in heaven". Teachers welfare package and emoluments is getting better, the respect is now getting better. What's not to like about teaching! Infact, the best time to get involved is TODAY!
http://whizzwriter..nl/2016/07/why-i-want-to-be-teacher.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Benue News: Suspected Kidnapper Arrested And Beaten To Pulp In Aliade / How Whatsapp Ponzi Scheme Went Away With My Friends Money / 4 Smartphone To Buy Your Dad This Father's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.