Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? (2542 Views)

Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It / Evidence Of The Existence Of God, And The Wisdom Behind His Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2016
[Quran 9:129 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL]
But if they turn away, [O Muhammad], say, "Sufficient for me is Allah ; there is no deity except Him. On Him I have relied, and He is the Lord of the Great Throne."
This implies allah is a deity, i.e a god

[Quran 9:129 Shakir] But if they turn back, say: Allah is sufficient for me, there is no god but He; on Him do I rely, and He is the Lord of mighty power.

[Qur'an 9:129 Yusufali] But if they turn away, Say: "Allah sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!"

The Shahada is the first of the Five Pillars of Islam, expressing the two fundamental beliefs that make a person a Muslim: There is no god but Allah,and Muhammad is Allah's prophet.

Do the above not prove allaah is just one of the gods inside Kaaba? That is why you have to face his house (Kaaba) and worship him the same way idolaters worship their idols.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by 0955eb027(m): 11:08am On Jul 27, 2016
What does Deity mean?
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by MDsambo: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012 cnt yhu understand a simple English?
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2016
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 11:18am On Jul 27, 2016
0955eb027:
What does Deity mean?

Deity or deity means idol.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 11:21am On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:
truthmans2012 cnt yhu understand a simple English?

Deity means idol.

Read this, maybe you can understand:

www.nairaland.com/2705678/shahada-lets-examine-content
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by 0955eb027(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

Deity or deity means idol.
From your dictionary shey? Kontinu

1 Like

Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 11:24am On Jul 27, 2016
0955eb027:
From your dictionary shey? Kontinu

Ye . Advanced Learners' Dictionary. Besides, you don't refer to God as a deity.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by 0955eb027(m): 11:30am On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

Ye . Advanced Learners' Dictionary. Besides, you don't refer to God as a deity.
hmmm! and you have tried other dictionaries? This your own special advanced learners dico, nawa o.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 11:33am On Jul 27, 2016
0955eb027:
hmmm! and you have tried other dictionaries? This your own special advanced learners dico, nawa o.

So, you don't know 'god' is not the same as 'God'?

Na wa o !!!

Search and let's see your own definition.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by MDsambo: 11:34am On Jul 27, 2016
Indeed, your lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the throne, He covers the night with day,(another night) chasing it rapidly; and (He created) the sun, the moon, and the stars, subjected by His command. Unquestionably, His is the creation and the command; blessed is Allah, Lord of the worlds

Qur'an 7:54

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 11:39am On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:
Indeed, your lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the throne, He covers the night with day,(another night) chasing it rapidly; and (He created) the sun, the moon, and the stars, subjected by His command. Unquestionably, His is the creation and the command; blessed is Allah, Lord of the worlds

Qur'an 7:54

That just shows one of the contradictions in the quran. How can a god be the creator of heaven and earth? Did you notice the word "lord" not Lord?
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by MDsambo: 11:49am On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

That just shows one of the contradictions in the quran. How can a god be the creator of heaven and earth?

then who created them?
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

then who created them?

Yahweh.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by MDsambo: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

Yahweh.

And who created Yahweh?
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

And who created Yahweh?

What a question.

Yahweh is the Almighty God who revealed Himself to the Israelites. He is God and not a deity or god the quran calls allaah.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by annunaki2(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

And who created Yahweh?

Yahweh was not created, he is self existing. tongue
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by MDsambo: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

What a question.

Yahweh is the Almighty God who revealed Himself to the Israelites. He is God and not a deity or god the quran calls allaah.

To ISRAELITES and yhu are NIGERIAN, ok

And how did he comes into existance?
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by MDsambo: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
annunaki2:

Yahweh was not created, he is self existing. tongue
and how will i agreed to that? Prove it pls like i always prove what i said.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

and how will i agreed to that?
Prove it pls like i always prove what i said.

Don't divert people's attention to another topic.
The thread is about "Why Does The Quran Refer To Allah As god And Not God". If you cannot explain or answer the question, leave the stage. Thank you.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by MDsambo: 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

Don't divert people's attention to another topic.
The thread is about "Why Does The Quran Refer To Allah As god And Not God". If you cannot explain or answer the question, leave the stage. Thank you.

Looks like i'm winning
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

Looks like i'm winning

Winning what, when you cannot explain why your allaah is called a deity?
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by annunaki2(m): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

To ISRAELITES and yhu are NIGERIAN, ok

And how did he comes into existance?

Same way allah is god to arab pagans. tongue
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by annunaki2(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

and how will i agreed to that?
Prove it pls like i always prove what i said.

You never prove anything, all you spew is al taquiya nonsense.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by MDsambo: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
annunaki2:

Same way allah is god to arab pagans. tongue

Allah is the God of everything including you and I

jst as he said in the Holy Qur'an(19:65)

Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them so worship Him and have patience for His worship. Do you know of any similarity to Him?
(19:65)
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by annunaki2(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them so worship Him and have patience for His worship. Do you know of any similarity to Him?

So says the brain washed ill informed muslim. And there is nothing holy about your quoran so stop describing it as such. angry
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

Allah is not God, the quran calls him god. It says there is no deity (god) except allaah. That shows allaah is a deity. So clear! There is a difference between God and god. Muhammad imposed his fathers' idol (allaah) on all other idol worshipers of his time. But one thing remained unchanged: they worship muhammad's allaah the same way idolaters worship their idols too. And that is the source of 'allahu akbr', meaning allaah is the greatest. He is the greatest among other idols. Greatest is a superlative comparison among three or more things. How could allaah say he is the greatest, comparing himself with other idols if he is not one of them? May God open your eyes.
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by hopeful1andlord: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hmmm

This puts Yahweh as deity too but that's none of my business

Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by truthmans2012: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
hopeful1andlord:
Hmmm

This puts Yahweh as deity too but that's none of my business

You must be an atheist. The spirit inside you is the same as that of a muslim.

Yahweh is not a deity, He is God.

Your knowledge of English is shallow, otherwise, you should have known that a "god",or "goddess" is not referring to God but an idol.

God
ɡäd/
noun
(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
synonyms: the Lord, the Almighty, the Creator, the Maker, the Godhead; More
(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
"a moon god"
synonyms: deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar
"sacrifices to appease the gods"

1 Like

Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by hopeful1andlord: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012:

You must be an atheist. The spirit inside you is the same as that of a muslim.

Yahweh is not a deity, He is God.

Your knowledge of English is shallow, otherwise, you should have known that a "god",or "goddess" is not referring to God but an idol.

God
ɡäd/
noun
(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
synonyms: the Lord, the Almighty, the Creator, the Maker, the Godhead; More
(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
"a moon god"
synonyms: deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar
"sacrifices to appease the gods"

Oga, maybe you should take a better look at the definition I gave up there better

Do it and you'll see it specifically mentioned Christianity as an example

I'll advice you do that so you don't lose further credibility

Your God was classified to be under " deity", defining god still puts him under deity

Read properly please

1 Like

Re: Why Does Quran Refer To Allah As 'god' And Not 'God'? by hopeful1andlord: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
Its like you're probably having difficulty seeing what I'm tryna show you bro

Check the attached pic for better understanding

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hadiths / The Name Of The Prophet's Parents Not Mentioned In The Quran / Does The Zihaar Or Talaaq Of One Who Is Angry Count As Such?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.