Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Dissecting Dino’s Days In The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dissecting Dino’s Days In The Senate (342 Views)

I Regret My Inability To Answer The Senate’s Invitation – Hameed / Ibrahim Magu Appears Before The Senate For His Screening(pics) / The Customized Attire Dino Melaye Wore To The Senate Plenary Session (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dissecting Dino’s Days In The Senate by ACKCITY: 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
Over the months, I have read very uninformed critiques Senator Dino Melaye’s performance in the Red Chambers of the National Assembly.

While some are quite amusing, one cannot just but pity the sense of propriety that goes into the boastfully ignorant minds with analytical fallacies and misrepresentation of facts.

The first and most important role of a legislator is law making. To this end, the Jarman of Okuta has discharged his duties with admiration and dexterity. Many who watch the Senate proceedings do so to see the finesse in Dino’s presentation and dedication to a great Nigeria.
Yes, he could be blamed for forgetting he is no more an activist on the floor but a Senator. I agree with that theory. He still speak with the passion and appropriation of an activist. But while the academicians will be quick to condemn his style of aggressive pursuit of goals.

Just like the philosophers would say: The end justifies the means. Senator Dino Melaye has been the darling of the Senate. He has changed the demagogue style we used to know. He is physically versatile, intellectually mobile and mentally vigour-loaded. He is the champion of a generation, the voice of the Nigerian youth.

I used to know of a particular Okun leader who never wanted to hear of Dino Melaye for reasons best known to him and I. (My next write up is going to focus on The Misconception about Dino Melaye, so I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag yet). But we were together recently at a function in Accra and he was arrested by the oratory aesthetics of Senator Dino Melaye. The troublesome instincts in me made me ask why he was so engrossed in what the Senator was talking about. He flashed a suspicious grin. And quipped : “Dino is good but he is troublesome”.

I love those words. His troubles had helped expose a number of high profile corrupt cases in Nigeria.

His troubles helped Nigerians to know that a certain Bola Tinubu, the Man from Osun who is the Lord of Bourdillon, is human afterall. His troubles helped to resist the stooge-mania of the Senate in which activities of the would be controlled from Bourdillon. His troubles helped expose the ides of third-term. His troubles checkmated the draconian policy gangsterism under the previous government. He is a voice of reckoning!
Back to his achievements, it is common place to measure performance through effects and comparison. Has Dino shown he would be better than Smart Adeyemi?

I followed Smart Adeyemi’s days in the Senate keenly. He was only speaking up when the economic interest of his bosses (Odili, Ibori and others) were threatened. He represented the rich to gain fortunes which were invested in Kwara to develop Kwarans. Imagine the taxes paid to the Kwara State Government by Shekina and other big businesses Smart sited in Kwara. Those taxes went into providing water for Kwara people and roads while Iyara had one of the worst roads in Kogi State.

Read more >>http://www.ackcitynews.com/2016/07/dissecting-dinos-days-in-senate.html

(1) (Reply)

The True Nigeria Situation / Fr. Mbaka Attacks President Buhari. “nigerians May Nother Vote You In 2019" / Why OBJ Remains D Best Leader Ever &why Soludo Shld B President 2019.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.