Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. (4646 Views)

Can You Name The 4 Wrestling Legends In These Pictures? / Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World / Iheanacho Named Deadliest Striker In EPL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Almost everyone of Sport Fans love to sit in front of a TV and watch two skilled, agile brawny men engage in a physical tussle 'til one can't take the banging no more.

Some of us enjoy this performances with a cup of popcorn and a bottle of that favourite beverage. Some moves seem remarkable due to the pure athleticism in executing that maneuver or unbelievable as a result the incredible strength required.

The fact that we love to watch such confrontation encourages the wrestler to push it to the limit or over. But some moves are capable of landing an individual in the presence of a jury, pleading guilty or not to charges of murder. Hardcore fans would wonder how it is possible for a powerhouse like Ryback give in to a minor move like Cena's AA(Pic 1) or how an high-flyer like Rey Mysterio will survive a deadly move like Lesnar's F-5(Pic 2)

Most of these dangerous moves have been banned by WWE but yet are any wrestler's nightmare, for there's a high probability of unconsciousness, trauma, concussion or the very rare capital finishing, death. So grab a snack, sit back and witness the 20 deadliest Wrestling maneuvers.

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Number 20.
The Sitout Full Nelson Atomic Drop.

This move also known as the Full Nelson Bomb is executed when a wrestler hooks his opponent arms between his above his head as though going for the Nelson submission hold but instead lifts him up, usually aiding this move by also going airborne. After which both wrestlers fall bottom first with arms hooked.

This move can be very dangerous cause it exposes the scrotum of both individuals to a squash and can completely break the tail bone. This moves is executed by various Wrestlers including WWE Raw star, Bully Dudley Ray, where he calls it the "Bully Bomb".

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Styles Clash
Official name is Belly to back inverted Mat slam. From a position in which the opponent is bent forward against the wrestler's midsection, the wrestler grabs around his or her opponent's midsection and lifts so that the opponent is held upside down, facing in the same direction as the wrestler. The wrestler then hooks both arms of the opponent using his or her legs, and then falls forward planting the opponent's body into the mat face-first.

Although made popular by Aj Styles, this move was innovated by Col.Debeers. This move is not prone to injury but this is due to the experience and expertise of Styles. If executed without the proper protection of the head as seen in the picture below, the opponent is vulnerable to broken ribs and a busted face.

NM: lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun.

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Running Bicycle Kick.
This move is popularly used by Sheaves who refers to it as the "Brogue Kick". This is a careless booting to the head but it becomes very dangerous when momentum is added. It is very common for an opponent to be severely injured or exposed to concussion.

Most casualties result from the heavy fall associated with this kick. The protection for this move sees Sheamus taunting his opponent, hereby notifying him of an impending blow, as seen in the below picture where Orton partially evades the kick.

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Diving Head Butt

This is a very careless move that exposes the wrestler to more pain than it's opponent. It is delivered when the wrestler climbs the turnbuckle or rope and dives, jamming his/her head into the ribs of his opponent. This move is popularly connected to the chilling suicide and murder of Chris Benoit who used it a lot as his finishing move from as high as a ladder.

Chris Benoit's brain was said to have shrunk into a minute size, which likely turned him into a re.tard who would willingly "take a chair shot".

Picture two shows the Usos executing this move.

NM: lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun.

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
Wings Of Love

"Performed by WWE’s Michelle McCool, it was impressive to see someone of her size handle this move with as much discipline and poise as she did. She had the strength and balance to lift her opponent in the air, hold her there for a few moments and then slam her down face first. The move was similar to Awesome Kong’s Implant Buster. According to McCool, the WWE deemed the move “too devastating” for the WWE girls; and thus, ordered her to stop using it" - TheSportster.

NM: lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

The Pentagon - Guydangerous, Baddestguyp, Collinz2, dynamo007 davthom.

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
I guess my write-up ain't front-page bound cause of my skin colour, well FuckTheMods.
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by ba7man(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:
I guess my write-up ain't front-page bound cause of my skin colour, well FuckTheMods.
If you include snakes...... or Linda Ikeji.... the mods will put you on FP.

1 Like

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:54am On Jul 28, 2016
ba7man:
If you include snakes...... or Linda Ikeji.... the mods will put you on FP.

Damm them, dude, I was really pissed off.
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2016
The Alabama Slam.

Although this move is quite cheap and exaggerated when executed on the mat, it is very chilling and dangerous when performed outside the ring.

It begins with an opponent airborne held only by the leg between the wrestlers head, then slammed into the mat, ropes, turnbuckle, weapons or outside the arena. It is very hard to control how your opponent swings or lands and if botched is traumatic.

Although Used by Holly, it is mainly Used by the WWE Divas, including Paige and Nikki Bella as seen in Picture 2 and 3.

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2016
The Banzai Drop

This is basically a Seated Senton(Pic 1) which sees the wrestler use his/her tailbone and lower body in a seated position to force the opponent to the mat rather than using their whole back. This seated senton is performed by jumping forward off a raised platform or springboarding on to the shoulders of a standing opponent forcing them to the ground.

The Banzai Drop variant was innovated by Yokozuna, sees a wrestler standing above a fallen opponent climb up onto the second turnbuckle (facing away from the ring) and jump down, landing on the opponent's stomach or chest. Yokozuna (Pic 2) is a 589 lb (267 kg), giant and executing this move is like dropping over 5 non rigid Dangote bags of cement. It would have been a nightmare for any opponent, but it is also very painful if he evades the move.

NM: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun.

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:25am On Jul 29, 2016
Curb Stomp.
A move exclusive to Seth Rollings, which was a running stomp to the back of the head of a bent-over opponent, forcing the opponent face-first into the ground.

Seth also executed this attack on surfaces like chairs and tables.

NM: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2016
Muscle Buster.
This move is performed when an attacking wrestler hooks both an opponent's legs with his/her arms and tucks their head in next to the opponent's before standing and lifting the opponent up, so that they are upside down with their head resting on the attacking wrestler's shoulder. From this position, the attacking wrestler jumps up and drops down to the mat, driving the opponent shoulder first down to the mat with the opponent's neck impacting both the wrestler's shoulder and the mat.

NM: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2016
Frankensteiner.

It was named the "Frankensteiner" by Scott Steiner, who used it as a finishing move. The move also has a variation where the opponent is sitting on the top rope.

The first picture is the Original Frankensteiner where the opponent lands on his neck or head, featuring CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.

NM: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Semid4lyfe

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
Guess I gotta take matters into my hands.
eddyroyal (m ), Mutiana, Indiaindia , Horlaz (m ), Dipville( m ), ThonieNwako( f), mescanamezu, Mummyhajia( f), belli , Mcweber ( m ), megasamuel( m ), jboi08 (m ), Lizgoch ( f), laikas , Nigayoyo , Donovela ( m ), exnovio (m ), bignoble05 ( m ), DonP04 , fringz11 ( m ), reexspect ( m ), Edetedu5
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Just support my work, dudes.

whalexyy ( m ), DerKlassiker , princesoby (m ), Donovela ( m ), Oyimeoyimemua (f ), oluboyo04 ( m ), deymoh (m ), Chicagomum , phranq( m ), zimunachimdi, mhozzis (m ), uchechuma3567 , hismail1 (m ), linked , yankeedollar1 , Daninya11 (m ), temak1 , abiderx (m ), sammywise16 , pee3 , unyimecc (f ), delzbaba (m ), 007Nasky (m ), eniafelamo , seunaj
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by yankeedollar1: 6:17am On Aug 01, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:
Just support my work, dudes.

whalexyy ( m ), DerKlassiker , princesoby (m ), Donovela ( m ), Oyimeoyimemua (f ), oluboyo04 ( m ), deymoh (m ), Chicagomum , phranq( m ), zimunachimdi, mhozzis (m ), uchechuma3567 , hismail1 (m ), linked , yankeedollar1 , Daninya11 (m ), temak1 , abiderx (m ), sammywise16 , pee3 , unyimecc (f ), delzbaba (m ), 007Nasky (m ), eniafelamo , seunaj

how are were gonna do that. ...
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
yankeedollar1:

how are were gonna do that. ...
How can I move this to FP?
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by xynerise: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:

How can I move this to FP?
You can't
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by dynamo007(m): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
Tho m nt a fan of wrestling but number 19 na die abeg grin grin
grin ...... What of our latest wrestlers signatures most of these are old wrestling moves ( my thought) e.g the Celtic warrior signature Sheamus kick I fear am die
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by Zaha(m): 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
front page material, oya over to u lalasticlala,
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by Specyano(m): 1:09am On Aug 03, 2016
Where is RKO and Sister Abigail? Na na na Op you fall my hand
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by Collinz2(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2016
Best two finishing moves are 1. Stunner by Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Tombstone Pile Driver by The Undertaker.

1 Like

Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by subnormal: 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
Impressive list, but I expect to see the shooting star press and all variants of the piled driver. The wee has banned the curb stomp and all piled drivers although the tombstone is still allowed because of the experience of the undertaker and kane
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by Therock5555(m): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
continue biko....

BTW any body that still thinks all this moves are really executed must be a retard.

WWE is scripted from their promos to the finishers, except botches happens which is a normal scenerio...
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
I had to join to dispute this, it's true that the WWE is scripted but that ain't a secret. The moves and finishers are real, but are excited with so much deft that it is as painless as possible. Take for instance, the RKO, that move is based entirely on the opponent, without the opponent going airborne, it would look so drab.

There was a match where the opponent jumped before the move and it was all exposed.

See the way the guy is begging Nairaland moderators.
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sorry for the delay, I was banned by antispam.
Re: 20 Deadliest Wrestling Moves Of All Time - Citiview. by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
Randy Orton's Punt.

This move involves the opponent knocked down to all fours at one corner of the ring, then Orton, travels to the other extreme end, charges and ferociously kicks the fallen, at the neck or directly on the head.

This move is likely to knock the opponent out, cause for the audience to believe it, Randy has to make contact, and any contact made at that pace is very ghastly.

Orton usually executes this move if his opponent survives the RKO. So expect a punt attempt on Brock Lesnar at summerslam, for this move might not be enough to finish him off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Epl Teams Are The Best! / Should Samuel Peters Quit Boxing And Return To Nigeria Police? / How To Win Big On Bet9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.