Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Simple Steps On How To Import From China - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Simple Steps On How To Import From China (10136 Views)

What Can I Import From New York And Sell In Nigeria? / 7 Fast Selling Products On Konga You Can Easily Import From China / Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Ezinwa25(f): 2:09am On Aug 15, 2016
OP God bless you real good for this thread,I have always wanted to do MIB but got confused at a stage.. But with all you have said so far, I am cleared .....
following this thread judiciously
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 8:32am On Aug 15, 2016
michaelok:

Boss pls attend to this.
Please repeat question.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 8:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Ezinwa25:
OP God bless you real good for this thread,I have always wanted to do MIB but got confused at a stage.. But with all you have said so far, I am cleared .....
following this thread judiciously
Thank you, I'm happy you found this thread helpful.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by lokojay1989(m): 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Kizyte:
Also note that big items like laptops attracts huge custom duty. You can order for items like smart phones and other little electronics without paying for shipping and customs duty. Always ask seller to send item as 'gift'
please how am I going to receive the items as gift especially if I'm ordering more than one item from different seller.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
lokojay1989:

please how am I going to receive the items as gift especially if I'm ordering more than one item from different seller.
Each seller sends as gift. Items are shipped differently, not as one package cos you're buying from different sellers.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by lokojay1989(m): 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
Kizyte:
Each seller sends as gift. Items are shipped differently, not as one package cos you're buying from different sellers.
I bought an item and the seller said that he cant send it as gift because of his(seller) country post law, in such case what is the way out?
I bought some items from aliexpress, please what do I need to collect it at NIPOST office?
If I used Maryland (Lagos) address, which branch of NIPOST will I collect the items from?
I will appreciate your response on these questions. Thanks
I sent a pm but u didnt reply.....
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 11:31pm On Aug 25, 2016
lokojay1989:

I bought an item and the seller said that he cant send it as gift because of his(seller) country post law, in such case what is the way out?
I bought some items from aliexpress, please what do I need to collect it at NIPOST office?
If I used Maryland (Lagos) address, which branch of NIPOST will I collect the items from?
I will appreciate your response on these questions. Thanks
I sent a pm but u didnt reply.....
There are many sellers on Aliexpress, most of them, even without telling them, they already knew they should send as gift. You can always chat or send a message to a seller telling him/her what you want.

Formerly, collecting any item at the NIPOST office was free but now, you have to pay maximum of N500 (Five Hundred Naira) to collect an item. Though some items still remain free, items that are very light.

Find out which NIPOST branch is the closest and check-in for your package.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by lexaydfg(m): 12:20am On Aug 26, 2016
What products do you think I can buy on aliexpress that is cheap and will sell fast in Nigeria
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Bami4real: 2:09am On Aug 26, 2016
Pls kindly add me on whatsapp 07057155257 or email me ur contact. @ gudyboy66@gmail.com. God bless u bro
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
lexaydfg:
What products do you think I can buy on aliexpress that is cheap and will sell fast in Nigeria
Go to the market and find out what sells most within your area.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
Bami4real:
Pls kindly add me on whatsapp 07057155257 or email me ur contact. @ gudyboy66@gmail.com. God bless u bro
Send me a private message.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by lexaydfg(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kizyte:
Go to the market and find out what sells most within your area.

Okay... Thanks
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by lokojay1989(m): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kizyte:
There are many sellers on Aliexpress, most of them, even without telling them, they already knew they should send as gift. You can always chat or send a message to a seller telling him/her what you want.

Formerly, collecting any item at the NIPOST office was free but now, you have to pay maximum of N500 (Five Hundred Naira) to collect an item. Though some items still remain free, items that are very light.

Find out which NIPOST branch is the closest and check-in for your package.
Thank you very much, kindly reply my pm...
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Dani4tech(m): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
Any chinese eCommerce site that deals with ¥uan instead of d0llars?
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by mujaya1(m): 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pls,what if i verify my master card with paypal, can i transact with it.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 12:08am On Aug 27, 2016
lokojay1989:

Thank you very much, kindly reply my pm...
Done
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by MizCharm: 5:52am On Aug 27, 2016
Please, I tried to pay for some goods on Aliexpress with my UBA MasterCard, but dey rejected the payment. What do u think I shud do?
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by mujaya1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
mujaya1:
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2016
MizCharm:
Please, I tried to pay for some goods on Aliexpress with my UBA MasterCard, but dey rejected the payment. What do u think I shud do?
Go to your bank and request for activation of card for online payment on international platform.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
mujaya1:
No, you can't use PayPal on Aliexpress. If you have a PayPal account, you can buy from different countries via Ebay.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
Dani4tech:
Any chinese eCommerce site that deals with ¥uan instead of d0llars?
No, even if there is, who will exchange it for you?

You can buy in Dollar, Pound or Euro.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by MizCharm: 2:18am On Aug 28, 2016
Kizyte:
Go to your bank and request for activation of card for online payment on international platform.
Tnx. Will do.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by infoblaster: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
@Kizyte, Please i ordered for an item on aliexpress which was shipped on the 15th of July, 2016. As at now, it has not arrived and no information on it yet whenever i try to track it online. What even baffles me most is that items that i ordered on gearbest early part of this month had arrived and the one ordered for last month yet to arrive.

Please, from your experience, what do you think could be responsible for the delay and do you think i should contact the seller to complain or i should just wait for the normal 60 days delivery period?
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
infoblaster:
@Kizyte, Please i ordered for an item on aliexpress which was shipped on the 15th of July, 2016. As at now, it has not arrived and no information on it yet whenever i try to track it online. What even baffles me most is that items that i ordered on gearbest early part of this month had arrived and the one ordered for last month yet to arrive.

Please, from your experience, what do you think could be responsible for the delay and do you think i should contact the seller to complain or i should just wait for the normal 60 days delivery period?
Wait for sixty days? shocked Not at all! Contact seller to find out why item hasn't arrived and why tracking information isn't working. If the seller doesn't respond well, make sure you open a dispute before buyer protection ends or extend buyer protection if you want to continue waiting. Your item is really taking long.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by mujaya1(m): 5:01am On Aug 31, 2016
Please what are the requirements for collecting a parcel from aliexpress on nipost, am I going to present the tracking number or my name
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
mujaya1:
Please what are the requirements for collecting a parcel from aliexpress on nipost, am I going to present the tracking number or my name
See similar question and answer above
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by infoblaster: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kizyte:
Wait for sixty days? shocked Not at all! Contact seller to find out why item hasn't arrived and why tracking information isn't working. If the seller doesn't respond well, make sure you open a dispute before buyer protection ends or extend buyer protection if you want to continue waiting. Your item is really taking long.

Thanks, i contacted the seller but his answer was just too lame for me, he said he verified from the shipping dept and later discovered that the item was shipped without the tracking information through ordinary China Parcel Post.

I got mad at him for it and threatened that if by close of this week i dont receive my item, am going to open a dispute with him because i bought the item from him due to the fact that the shipping company he advertised online has a tracking service which you can use to track your item and now, he went to send through a slow post service.

If am to open a dispute against him today, what is the process like and how long will it take for me to get a refund of my money back?
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
infoblaster:

Thanks, i contacted the seller but his answer was just too lame for me, he said he verified from the shipping dept and later discovered that the item was shipped without the tracking information through ordinary China Parcel Post.

I got mad at him for it and threatened that if by close of this week i dont receive my item, am going to open a dispute with him because i bought the item from him due to the fact that the shipping company he advertised online has a tracking service which you can use to track your item and now, he went to send through a slow post service.

If am to open a dispute against him today, what is the process like and how long will it take for me to get a refund of my money back?

Maybe you should give him few more days. How many days is left for buyer protection to end?

Next time, read a review about seller and product before placing an order. Some sellers are just so annoying.

1 Like

Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by infoblaster: 11:38am On Sep 01, 2016
Kizyte:
Maybe you should give him few more days. How many days is left for buyer protection to end?

Next time, read a review about seller and product before placing an order. Some sellers are just so annoying.

The buyer protection ends on the 15th of September, 2016. So i guess i still have little more days grace before i open a dispute against him should in case i dont receive the item.

Nevertheless, what annoys me most is the fear of reodering the item again from another seller with this present Naira-Dollars exchange rate that is not smiling at all.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by infoblaster: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2016
Update.

I opened a dispute against the seller which was finally closed yesterday, at present, am expecting a refund of my money back from Aliexpress and now re-order that same item back again. You can imagine what that useless seller has caused me by wasting my time unnecessarily since 15th July, 2016, when he sent a tracking number which refused to be trackable by alleging that the item had been shipped , between when i ordered for the item from him and now, exchange rate of dollars had shot up way up the skies ironically would be borned by me now.

Some of these thieving Chinese businessmen are worst than armed robbers!
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by Kizyte(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
infoblaster:
Update.

I opened a dispute against the seller which was finally closed yesterday, at present, am expecting a refund of my money back from Aliexpress and now re-order that same item back again. You can imagine what that useless seller has caused me by wasting my time unnecessarily since 15th July, 2016, when he sent a tracking number which refused to be trackable by alleging that the item had been shipped , between when i ordered for the item from him and now, exchange rate of dollars had shot up way up the skies ironically would be borned by me now.

Some of these thieving Chinese businessmen are worst than armed robbers!

Like I said, next time, try to read buyer's review about seller and products before placing an order. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Re: Simple Steps On How To Import From China by ejire042(m): 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
I heard there are other chinese e commerce websites where one can buy stuffs cheaper than Ali Express.

How true is this and if its true can you share some of these sites and the process?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kinnevik’s Investment In Konga Further Deteriorated In Nine Months / Step By Step Guide To Start Information Selling Business In Nigeria / COVID-19: Wike Reopens Markets In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.