Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food (23009 Views)

Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / 15-Year-Old Marriage Crashing Over Mouth Action / 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Islie: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
An Igando Customary Court has dissolved a 21-year-old marriage over the wife’s, Aisha Abiodun, poor cooking.

Delivering his judgment, the President, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, said the petitioner – Ashimiyu Abiodun, 54, – was adamant despite all mediation to safe the marriage.

“Since the petitioner has insisted on divorce after several interventions, the court has no choice than to dissolve the union despite the wife’s claim that she still loves her husband.

“The court pronounced the marriage between Ashimiyu Abiodun and Aisha Abiodun dissolved today; both parties, henceforth, ceased to be husband and wife.

“Both are free to go their separate ways without any hindrances or molestation,” Omilola ruled.

Earlier, the petitioner, Mr Ashimiyu Abiodun, 54, had approached the court and asked it to dissolve his 21-year-old marriage over his wife’s alleged poor cooking.

“My wife did not know how to cook, her food was always tasteless. Anytime she cooked and I complained about her food, she would tell me to cook myself.

“And I started cooking my food because if I had continued eating her food, I might have fallen sick,” he said.

Abiodun said, “My wife was very dirty; she would not wash or sweep the house, everywhere in the house used to smell.

“She kept packing used plates for four days or more without washing them and I was always doing the cleaning.

“Aisha would out every Friday and returned on Sunday evening. During weekdays, she would leave home by 7 a.m. and returned at midnight and I dared not query her.

“Aisha had turned my children against me, they had stopped respecting me and she would not allow me to correct them whenever they erred.

“On several occasions, my wife and my first son had torn my clothes in the public when I wanted to beat him for his wrong doing,” he said.

Abiodun said his wife was lazy saying she ruined the shop he equipped for her on three occasions.

But Aisha, 46, a launderer, said, “I did not know why my husband stopped eating my food. I tried my best to give him good food but he was always complaining that my food was tasteless.

“I was not dirty as I was always cleaning the house,” she said.

Aisha urged the court not to grant her husband’s plea, saying “I still love him”.
NAN

http://punchng.com/court-dissolves-21-year-old-marriage-food/

1 Like

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
this man like tasteful food than his wife

1 Like

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by madridguy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
Eleyi gidi Gan ooo.

1 Like

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
I don't understand.

So it took him 21years to discover his wife was a terrible cook? Lol. He's just desperate for a divorce.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by VampireeM(f): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
Seems like After 21yrs the man had a taste of Edible Catering and decided its time to Divorce grin
The woman didnt even dispute what the husband claimed which means he might be right.. na them sabi jare

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by lilmax(m): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Jazz is over grin

5 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by ojun50(m): 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
Jazz ti finish iyana bukki

2 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by saintikechi(m): 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
the marriage was long dead.

1 Like

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
That's a poor man. You can't turn children against a rich father. No wonder she was hardly ever home and when she was, cooked like she was cooking for a dog.

11 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by qualityovenbake(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
More than two decades of living and tolerating each other, suddenly he can't cope with her again. The man never tell the court the original reason wey make am wan run commot for the marriage.He has probably seen another woman that he wants to marry, shikina. Even his children are againt him

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Motherfucker2: 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
This is what I'm currently going through now.
My girlfriend is giving me poison, if a goat eats what she's been feeding me, that goat go die.

The worst part be say this girl fine and she's lovely but i can't continue eating that dog shiit she calls food, i don skinny like say i get H.I.V

10 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by oluwasegun007(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
After 21 years shocked shocked shocked

The problem is Definately Forck and not Food...

3 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Flexherbal(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Too bad!
Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by CXLVII: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
She needs to start cooking Okro soup for husband

2 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by babyfaceafrica: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice
Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by veekid(m): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
The Marriage been die tey tey, dem come put am for morgue. Na final burial b diz one your reading

5 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Bobbysmart6(m): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
VolT0xic:
I don't understand.

So it took him 21years to discover his wife was a terrible cook? Lol. He's just desperate for a divorce.
u fnkin wat am fnking
Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by christejames(m): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
I don't believe this... How can a marriage of 21 years just end all because of tasteless food.

There is more to this...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by IntroVAT: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
El-o-El
Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by theEYe21(f): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
This story doesn't make any atom of sense undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Iamlordgee(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
Is it yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Rinato(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
Can't stop laughing at this poppy-cock! It really can't take me 1 year with such woman if the claims are right. And the poor woman couldn't even defend her cooking. However, the man is a loser, want to start a new life after 21 years of misgivings. Too slow to act......so They Are Both Mad!

1 Like

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Standing5(m): 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
The man appears to be lying.

2 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by pussyscrubber: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
Most marriages along southwasterners and afonjujus always collapse because, either the woman is unfaithful or very dirty or the man is lazy and can't cater for the family...why?

5 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by hemartins(m): 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
The fear of getting married.
Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by TheMainMan: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
two sides to a story buh the man sounds truthful
Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by numericalguy(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
VolT0xic:
I don't understand.

That's why you should always read a post before commenting because you clearly missed the part where the husband also complained that his wife and son have beaten him up severally wven tearing his cloth to shreads. You also failed to read the part where the husband also complained that the wife usually go out to unknown destinations on Fridays to return on Sundays.

3 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by theEYe21(f): 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Why are you complaining? undecided as if you didn't know she can't cook before the relationship. And if you're tired, you can easily end the relationship. Rubbish! undecided
Motherfucker2:
My girlfriend is giving me poison, if a goat eats what she's been feeding me, that goat go die.

The worst part be say this girl fine and she's lovely but i can't continue eating that dog shiit she calls food, i don skinny like say i get H.I.V

2 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Fidelismaria: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Motherfucker2:

Nd how is it any of nairaland business

2 Likes

Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
VolT0xic:
I don't understand.

This guy just read my mind! grin
Before I even opened the thread I just dey wonder which kain stupid reason be that for divorce??
After 21 years,e Neva talk wetin him want cool
He's obviously poor even his mentality!! undecided
Re: 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
abeg,anoda woman don format im taste bud joor.
Women-formatting man's brain since tyme of adam and eve

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! / My Husband Is A Kleptomaniac, LASTMA Official Tells Court / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.