Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye (6705 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / I SAW Heaven…….by Sis. Toun Praise / Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye by oluyale(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2009
BIBLE IN A YEAR: Job 32-34

DESERVING DELIVERANCE?
Friday, September 18, 2009

MEMORIZE: “Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over” (Ps 23:5)

READ: Psalm 23:4-6

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over” (Ps 23:5). People are into one form of bondage or another. According to Proverbs 16:7, if you please God in all your ways, He will cause your internal enemies to be at peace with you. One beautiful situation you can experience in life is when God prepares a table for you, right in the presence of your enemies. If you can deal with the internal enemies - pride, anger, lies, etc., God will deal with the external enemies. God will subdue all your enemies this period in Jesus’ Name.

Exodus 8:1 says, “And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me”, Moreover, why did God command your deliverance? It is so that you can serve Him. Anyone who is not ready to serve God, is not worthy of deliverance. Today, after some people are set free from the sickness or problem the devil trapped them in, they return to serve their false gods. Why will such a fellow not lose the deliverance? Service can help you secure and sustain your deliverance. Were you demonized and serving the devil but have now been delivered? Serve the Lord with all your heart!

Jesus set the Gadarene demoniac free so that he could become an evangelist. He set Hannah free from barrenness so that she could enter a new level of praise and worship. He set Mary Magdalene free so that she could become a divine treasurer. Apart from this, God says ‘Let my people go’, not just anybody. Some time ago, a prominent chief met us for prayers. I asked if he was a Christian and he affirmed and told us stories about his conversion. After weeks of fruitless fasting and prayer, I asked God why the man was getting worse instead of improving or did I offend Him?

The Lord said I did not offend Him: only that I did not ask Him before I started praying. He said the man is not His. Surprised, I told God the man said he was converted in a particular year. Then the Lord said I should go and ask him how many secret societies he belongs to. When I asked him, he told me not to come to him again. Are you God’s own? If you are still toying with sin, you do not qualify for deliverance.

ACTION POINT:
The war against your enemies is not left entirely to you. When you have done your part, God will do His.

(1) (Reply)

Preparing For Rapture ( PRAYER COLLECTIONS ) / Astrology 101- A Thread On Astrology / Factors Affecting Church Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.