Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics (16227 Views)

Ola Aina Cleared By FIFA To Represent Nigeria / Denis Adeleye To Represent Nigeria In Morocco Championship / Chierika Okogu Qualifies For Rowing Quarter Finals At The Rio Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by iamVirus(m): 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-q1HJIQzqd30/V5jju6HXFQI/AAAAAAAKBWA/uIxNLjFGaBo61HchATRz8DbtXmI5pyrTACLcB/s1600/13.png[/img]
US-based Chierika Ukogu will be making history at the 2016 Olympics Games, being the first rower to represent Nigeria. Born on October 1992, Okogu, who is a graduate of Stanford University, said in a recent interview that the sport had been challenging but she will put in her best, adding that her training with members of the U.S. team at the Vesper Boathouse at Schuylkill, Philadelphia had helped develop her skills.
“It is my ultimate goal to be the 1st Nigerian to row at the Olympic Games. Heading into Rio, it’s a really wonderful opporunity for Nigeria. This is the first time we’ve had an athlete at the Olympics in the sport of Rowing,” said Ukogu
More photos…

[img]http://3.bp..com/-iF08LtA1Xx0/V5jnFUrUVuI/AAAAAAAKBWk/PPMyTx4k_j8QBDq124mNSguzQVue6kJ6wCLcB/s1600/index.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-6rxFKUm90Fw/V5jjrnKNziI/AAAAAAAKBVk/E_w4smAxbAUQlrEhJGgha4jZ0_RYGPnMQCLcB/s1600/1.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-jzk7Oj7z9iY/V5jjwj1QJFI/AAAAAAAKBWE/MWofXvRmhlMH0A5QNz2uLw9EjUWjRjRxACLcB/s1600/4.png[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-V7VdH0x_Xis/V5jjzFjCDvI/AAAAAAAKBWI/02rqGF9nDoATLENA_USZPUs2PQelWr1TACLcB/s1600/7.png[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-er-NTStuln0/V5jjrwnwDcI/AAAAAAAKBVs/STnUqr18CXY3D-QfCGQPHvyl81L5YZFVwCLcB/s1600/10.png[/img]

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/2016/07/27/photos-meet-chierika-okogu-the-first-athlete-to-represent-nigeria-in-rowing-at-the-olympics-games/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by iamVirus(m): 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
cool cool cool nice one i wish her sucess.. cool cool
Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice one. Hope to see her best

Be inspired this morning for greatness, read This The Wonders of a Dying Chicken: Lessons to Learn @ https://scholarzine./2016/07/27/the-wonders-of-the-dying-chicken/
Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by Young03(m): 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
If u see me call me onye Igbo maka n'abum onye Igbo
iye e IGBO AMAKA

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by Mologi(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
mo n wa iyawo ooooooo
Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by lilmax(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
What a huMAN. grin

2 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by dacovajnr: 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
cool cool cool nice one i hope she wont disgrace NIgeria
Disgrace? Even Nigeria is a Disgrace on her own..Her representing the country is a personal achievement and to redeem the country's already battered image through sport undecided Kudos Jare!

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by dacovajnr: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
I'm sure that tracksuit is Specially Made for Her coz Our Sport minister can't afford Such quality for Our #TeamNigera..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by herzern(m): 8:37am On Jul 28, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
Take a look at yhur post........does it make sense??

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by enigma2007(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:

Mister man! Just encourage her! angry

22 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by KomonSense: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Love her spirit

4 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by nazeefsco(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2016
That's great. ..i hope she will come back with a gold medal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by johnshagb(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2016
I would like to ROW her boat grin
Success to her

3 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by Category1: 8:40am On Jul 28, 2016
[size=14pt]ndi igbo leeeeeeee ebe ka unu no?....anyi na anwu champagne ndi afonja na ewu hausa ana anwu panadol....igbos be represent the shithole for long. grin[/size]

23 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by johnstar(m): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by kayo80(m): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2016
Hmm! She looks Jamaican.
Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by veekid(m): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2016
Can't Babycherry rep naija as well? ?as a hot patriot
Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by sayyid(m): 8:42am On Jul 28, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
You hope she won't disgrace Nigeria or you should hope Nigeria does not disgrace her and make her regret representing Nigeria?

31 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by sommy03(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2016
Carry on dear...

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by neweraomo: 8:43am On Jul 28, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by bignero: 8:44am On Jul 28, 2016
lilmax:
What a huMAN. grin

your not finer than her....

i doubt females in your linage are either..so kilode?

I dont think sooo

what about the biracial guy from uk/naija who repped the nation?

5 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by Ladycloud(f): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2016
Name checkers u failed on this one.. Igbos rock

16 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by bukynkwuenu: 8:45am On Jul 28, 2016
NCAN reporting from onitsha....
the jews verified

17 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by whizpa(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:

Oga, Na Wa o... How many 'rowing athlete' does naija have? Just show small encouragement.. Even if she carry last, she try!!

5 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by bukynkwuenu: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:

afonjos don report 4 duty

12 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by Spells(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2016
Nice one.... But her papa get money be that, since now Stanford University she finish from. Anyways,. Nairalanders, top up the morning to Ya'll.

2 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by Rhotiz: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2016

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by babamoha(m): 8:47am On Jul 28, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
Guy nothing like disgrace at least this is our first time of rowing.
Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by hucienda: 8:48am On Jul 28, 2016
Good job, miss!

Godspeed!

... ehen, lest I forget ... NCAN members, over to you.

adewumiopeyemi:

Fellow country-people, just take a look. Dunno why there are some bitter folks in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu To Represent Nigeria In Rowing, Olympics by Ladycloud(f): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
how many times have you made Nigeria proud.. Easy!

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Super Eagles Ready For Congo,says Keshi / Manchester City Eliminates Real Madrid From The Champions League / Fans Call For Uzoho Drop From Super Eagles After Poor Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.