Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges (57995 Views)

The APC Delegates & Governors That Visited Buhari In London (Names, Photo) / 6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / Lack Of Funds Stalls Re-opening Of 31 Ex-govs’ Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by mamabomboy: 1:35am On Jul 28, 2016
Senate President Bukola Saraki, factional Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Modu Sheriff; and Senate Minority Leader, Godswill Akpabio, are among 31 former governors whose alleged corruption cases investigated by the anti-graft agencies are likely to be reopened soon.

The PUNCH had exclusively reported on Tuesday that the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, had written to the Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, directing the reopening of the cases of the ex-governors.

It was learnt on Wednesday that the AGF had called for the case files of the former state governors.

The PUNCH obtained the list of the former governors, who were named in the AGF’s letter, on Wednesday.

The list contains the names of Saraki, a former Governor of Kwara State; Akpabio (a former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, and Sheriff (an ex-Governor of Borno State).

Other former governors include Orji Uzor Kalu (Abia); Chimaroke Nnamani (Enugu); Saminu Turaki (Jigawa); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Joshua Dariye (Plateau); Ahmed Yerima (Zamfara); Gabriel Suswam (Benue); Martin Elechi (Ebonyi); Danjuma Goje (Gombe) and Murtala Nyako (Adamawa).

They also include Ikedi Ohakim (Imo); Obong Victor Attah (Akwa Ibom); Achike Udenwa (Imo); Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa); Gbenga Daniel (Ogun); Jolly Nyame (Taraba); Boni Haruna (Adamawa); George Akume (Benue); Rashidi Ladoja (Oyo); Attahiru Bafarawa (Sokoto) and Adebayo Alao-Akala.

Others are Usman Dakingari (Kebbi); Adamu Mu’azu (Bauchi); Peter Odili (Rivers), and Lucky Igbindedion (Edo).

Part of the AGF’s letter to the ICPC, sighted by our correspondent on Monday, indicated that the cases against some of the former governors were investigated some years ago but charges were never filed against them.

The letter partly read, “It is clear that some of these governors and other politically-exposed persons have not been charged to court despite the fact that the ICPC has concluded their investigations, concerning allegations levelled against them, for one reason or the other.

“It is the position of the present administration that all ex-governors, who the ICPC had long concluded investigations into the various allegations levelled against them, should be immediately prosecuted.”

The letter also gave the Chairman of the ICPC a 14-day ultimatum to “remit the duplicate case files concerning the politically-exposed persons investigated by the ICPC over the years” to the office of the AGF.

Our correspondent confirmed on Wednesday that the AGF had sent a similar request to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission with the same list of former governors annexed to his letter.

The PUNCH had reported that some of the ex-governors, according to one of the sources, include some, who had been convicted for charges preferred against them by the EFCC.

Some of them also had their cases terminated before full blown trial could begin.

Others are currently undergoing trial on charges initiated against them by the EFCC at either the various divisions of the Federal High Court or the High Courts of their home states.

There are about five of the former governors, who are now said to be serving senators.

The affected personalities, it was learnt, served as governors for either one or two terms between 1999 and 2015, and are from all the six geopolitical zones of the country.

It was also confirmed that the majority of those on the list belonged to the two dominant political parties, the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party.

Another source also confirmed that a former Governor of Delta State, James Ibori, who was convicted in the United Kingdom for fraud-related charges and still serving his prison terms, was on the list.

Apart from Ibori, two former governors from the South-South, are said to be on the list.

Five of the former governors are from the South-East, and three from the South-West.

The PUNCH was informed that the ex-governors, whose cases would be reopened, included six from the North-West; six from the North-East, and eight from the North-Central.

The AGF letter defines high-profile cases as cases “involving alleged misconduct amounting to economic sabotage; involving complex financial transactions or property movement; involving any of the suspects, who is a politician, a public officer or judicial officer; and where the subject matter involves government or corruption of its official or involves the abuse of office.”

Such judiciary officers, it was learnt, would include judges allegedly involved in economic sabotage, including financial transactions.

The AGF’s letter to both the ICPC and EFCC indicated that AGF’s request for the case files was in the exercise of his powers vested in the AGF by Section 174(1) of the Constitution as well as sections 105 (3) and 106 (a) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.

Our correspondent’s findings showed on Wednesday that ICPC and EFCC had yet to respond to the AGF’s request.

http://punchng.com/ex-govs-fraud-cases-agf-lists-saraki-akpabio-daniel-odili-ladoja-fresh-probe-trial/

3 Likes

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by yns4real: 1:36am On Jul 28, 2016
Total cleasing of the system has jst begun

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by mamabomboy: 1:56am On Jul 28, 2016
For once, i agree with the FG. These governors have to be held accountable for their unscrupulous actions while in office. But why is ex President Jonathan not on the list.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by LoveMachine(m): 2:31am On Jul 28, 2016
Saraki just can't win! cry shocked grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by JewelRegi(f): 3:00am On Jul 28, 2016
Every politician in Nigeria is a thief.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Yyeske(m): 3:10am On Jul 28, 2016
No story, in Buhari I trust. Haters can do the needful

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by todayboy: 3:11am On Jul 28, 2016
mamabomboy:
For once, i agree with the FG. These governors have to be held accountable for their unscrupulous actions while in office. But why is ex President Jonathan not on the list.

How come no APC former governors is among inthe list

Tinubu is not there and amechi is not there

All I I see is witch hunting

258 Likes 11 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by LocalChamp: 3:15am On Jul 28, 2016
SARAKI, THE FACE OF CORRUPTION

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by todayboy: 3:15am On Jul 28, 2016
We have fresh corrupt case if dambazu and burata the confused president is chasing shadow

If no former APC governors is in the list buhari is just making himself look like clown in circus

Economy is going to recession useless president is talking of old governors

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by chachanga: 3:22am On Jul 28, 2016
At least, the ball has been set rolling, at last!

Let all be served whether sooner or later.

But, the acceptable option is that all must account within the duration of this PMB's first term.

Amaechi will still grace the docks, mark my words.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Onyenna(m): 3:39am On Jul 28, 2016
.....Let's see how it all plays out.....
Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 28, 2016
please i have been having issues with my eyes lately due to old age, im only asking for you to help me check if amaechi rotimi sorry rotimi amaechi (Rivers) is on the list?

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 28, 2016
Buhari is very very petty

It is clear this investigation is about Saraki

The President wants to destroy democracy and choose his own Senate President

This will undermine democracy and who will raise the alarm when the Daura Maffia sell Nigeria

But I am sure Nigeria history has a way of repeating itself, Buhari will go back to jail!

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by mexxy1(m): 5:19am On Jul 28, 2016
Is Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi not an ex-governor?

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 28, 2016
In the words of Obama

We unfortunately have a "Fascist, Jihadist and homegrown Demagogue" as a sitting President!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by adioolayi(m): 5:52am On Jul 28, 2016
Make I mind my Business...OYO state...If Akala alias ATM no dey, I for personally put am there grin grin grin cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by ORACLE1975(m): 5:56am On Jul 28, 2016
Buhari fails to mention ... brother AMEACHI ROTIMI TINUBU FASHOLA KWANKWASO MAKARFI GOJE I DEY COME MAKE I CHECK MY LIST

OBJ IBB N THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by IstandWitBuhari: 6:00am On Jul 28, 2016
This dullard called buhari is the most useless president in the history of Nigeria,where is Ameachi,tinubu,fashola or are they not ex governors.
Useless man

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 28, 2016
http://newsdiaryonline.com/buhari-promises-to-draw-the-line-pardon-past-corrupt-leaders/

The All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari(retd) has embarked on his final lap of North-West rally of the party preparatory for the March 28 rescheduled elections with a promise that he will pardon past leaders accused of corruption or any wrongdoing.Buhari however added that he will draw a line and that anybody who involves himself in corruption after he assumes office will face the music. He disclosed this to thousands of his supporters who witnessed the rally in Kaduna state on Wednesday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by deji68: 6:05am On Jul 28, 2016
Fashola nko?Website borehole. ...

16 Likes

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by amaechi1: 6:14am On Jul 28, 2016
StainlessH:
please i have been having issues with my eyes lately due to old age, im only asking for you to help me check if amaechi rotimi sorry rotimi amaechi (Rivers) is on the list?

Sorry but you need HELP. It is obvious you did not read the post maybe because of your alleged bad sight or your are disappointed that you could not understand. Go get help and not sentiment.
Those listed are those ICPC have concluded their investigation before this administration came on board. So, the prey you are looking for is not there. You may check back after 2023.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by amaechi1: 6:18am On Jul 28, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
This dullard called buhari is the most useless president in the history of Nigeria,where is Ameachi,tinubu,fashola or are they not ex governors.
Useless man

Also add Donald duke, Sam egwu, Peter obi. Please, read the post carefully and ask your question again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by amaechi1: 6:21am On Jul 28, 2016
krendo:
Buhari is very very petty

It is clear this investigation is about Saraki

The President wants to destroy democracy and choose his own Senate President

This will undermine democracy and who will raise the alarm when the Daura Maffia sell Nigeria

But I am sure Nigeria history has a way of repeating itself, Buhari will go back to jail!

Petty against corrupt person is good. You fight for saraki as if you got any share from him.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 28, 2016
amaechi1:

Petty against corrupt person is good. You fight for saraki as if you got any share from him.

Not when Buhari himself is also corrupt and surrounded by the corrupt!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by revolt(m): 6:30am On Jul 28, 2016
Lamido was the 1st anti corruption case in buharis regime after much noise 2yrs later were hearing his case is reopened in the same regime!!! Smoke screen to divert attention, ill be back to this thread in 2yrs to remind yall after not a single person on that list will be serving jail term. The amount of time wasted and propaganda in metuh etc cases has obviously prepared these past thieves well enuf to probably go hide and cover their tracks.

5 Likes

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by tundexijim(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2016
todayboy:
We have fresh corrupt case if dambazu and burata the confused president is chasing shadow

If no former APC governors is in the list buhari is just making himself look like clown in circus

It's a pity u are not directing ur anger towards those who cause the recession by looting the treasury na dambazau u dey find.. this ppl clearly have case with the icpc b4 now..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by GrandMufti: 6:49am On Jul 28, 2016
All these governors were during OBJ's tenure. But were is Atiku's name? Him sef corrupt for that regime

3 Likes

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Businessideas: 6:50am On Jul 28, 2016
They shouldn't limit their criminal charges to those they committed as governors alone like those who have graduated to padding our national budget should have the crime included to the list .Fayose and those governors who mismanaged the FG bailout fund will soon join the list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by chukwukadibia10: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Buhari needs Abachas' apple.

Na probe we go chop?

12 Likes

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by tundexijim(m): 6:58am On Jul 28, 2016
todayboy:

How come no APC former governors is among inthe list

Tinubu is not there and amechi is not there

All I I see is witch hunting

U can go and add their name na. This govs have a case pending b4 now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Mylove55(f): 7:24am On Jul 28, 2016
todayboy:
is ur father among d corrupt ex-govs? why are u helping them to wail of wizard-hunt

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges by Mylove55(f): 7:30am On Jul 28, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
Buhari needs Abachas' apple.
Na probe we go chop?
i cover pmb with d blood of jesus. he wil never see evil until he finish d work i gave him in 8yrs

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Declares Emeka Ihedioha Winner Of Imo Governorship Election 2019 / Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 / Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.