Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78388 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Launna29: 1:42pm On May 29, 2018
Hi all, my name is Mrs Vanessa i am new here.
My husband and I are about to apply for our settlement visa for my son and I. My husband has his permanent residence in the UK. I have my degree from the uk university do I need to do the IELTs? And is scanned copies allowed or my husband is to post it to me? Please i need more advice
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Divine88: 1:53pm On May 29, 2018
Launna29:
My husband and I are about to apply for our settlement visa for my son and I. My husband has his permanent residence in the UK. I have my degree from the uk university do I need to do the IELTs? And is scanned copies allowed or my husband is to post it to me? Please i need more advice

Wrong thread madam. Go to the uk spousal visa thread for any inquiries to your questions

2 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 1:42am On May 30, 2018
[quote author=Launna29 post=67988576][/quote]

If you studied in the UK you don't need IELTS as long as you provide your original certificates and transcripts from the university. All documents are to be sent to your spouse in the UK, who in turn will post to the Home Office.

Be advised that this thread is for those who have already received spouse visas and planning for FLR or ILR.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 1:43am On May 30, 2018
Launna29:

If you studied in the UK you don't need IELTS as long as you provide your original certificates and transcripts from the university. All documents are to be sent to your spouse in the UK, who in turn will post to the Home Office.

Be advised that this thread is for those who have already received spouse visas and planning for FLR or ILR.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
An update on my FLR (M). It was granted. I am really thankful to God. Thanks phardey for answering all my queries. See my timeline below:

Application Type : FLR(M) - 2nd extension 
Application Posted on: 14 April 18
Documents received by HO: 17 April 18
Documents signed for: 17 April 18
Payment taken: 18 April 18 
Acknowledgement Received on: 20 April 18 dated 18 April 18 ‎
Employer sent request to Home Office to confirm application: 20 April 18
Home Office confirmed to Employer: 27 April 18‎
Biometric Request Letter Received: 04 May 18 dated 02 May 18 
Biometrics Enrolled on: 05 May 18
Decision of Application: Granted
Date of Decision: 05 June 18
Documents Received on: 07 June 18
BRP Card Received: 07 June 18

5 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
newbie715:
An update on my FLR (M). It was granted. I am really thankful to God. Thanks phardey for answering all my queries. See my timeline below:

Congratulations thank God for successful application. Someone was recently turned down and was given 1month to leave the country. I give God praise for you.

Please post documents you used

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2018
Below are the documents. 
FLR (m) Paper Application form
Print out of IHS payment.
Applicant passport
Applicant 2x Passport pictures 
Sponsors Passport
Sponsor 1x Passport picture 
NARIC certificate for English Language‎

Marriage certificate
Child's birth certificate
Child's passport‎

Proof of Co-habitation
Gas ‎and Electricity bills (the only document in joint name)‎
HRMC Letter
Bank Statement 
Council Tax Bills 
NHS appointment Letters 
EE phone bill‎
Bank Letters 

Proof of Income
I used hubby's income only.‎
His 6 months bank statements (last one within 28 days)
His 6 months pay slips stamped and signed by HR as they are internet print outs(last one within 28 days)
His Letter of Employment
Letter from Employer (within 28 days) confirming date of employment, salary and authenticity of pay slips

Accommodation 
Mortgage Statement‎
Bank statement showing mortgage direct debits‎

Hubby's passport was returned within a week.‎

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
newbie715:

Congratulations!! We thank God. If I may ask, did you get any email or letter after your biometric enrolment? Or did you just receive your documents and BRP at the same time? Thanks.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
teejay231:

Congratulations!! We thank God. If I may ask, did you get any email or letter after your biometric enrolment? Or did you just receive your documents and BRP at the same time? Thanks.

I didn't get any correspondence at all after biometric enrolment. The Biometric Letter stated that the application will be concluded within 8 weeks from submission and that I will be contacted if they can't make the deadline. So after biometrics, I just received my documents sent with my SAE and the BRP came via DX delivery but both arrived same day.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2018
newbie715:

I didn't get any correspondence at all after biometric enrolment. The Biometric Letter stated that the application will be concluded within 8 weeks from submission and that I will be contacted if they can't make the deadline. So after biometrics, I just received my documents sent with my SAE and the BRP came via DX delivery but both arrived same day.

Thanks for the info. If I may trouble you again, did your documents arrive before the BRP? What courier service is DX?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 12:50am On Jun 15, 2018
teejay231:

Thanks for the info. If I may trouble you again, did your documents arrive before the BRP? What courier service is DX?

Documents and BRP arrived same day. Documents arrived first, then I received an email from DX delivery stating my BRP will be delivered that day, a delivery guy came a few hours later to drop it off. DX (Delivered Exactly) courier services handle passport and BRP delivery for HO
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 9:49am On Jun 15, 2018
newbie715:

Documents and BRP arrived same day. Documents arrived first, then I received an email from DX delivery stating my BRP will be delivered that day, a delivery guy came a few hours later to drop it off. DX (Delivered Exactly) courier services handle passport and BRP delivery for HO

Thanks a lot. I did my biometrics almost a month ago and still waiting. My BRP was stolen/lost and haven't been able to start in my new role because of it. My employer did contact HO but were informed to wait till I had the new BRP. It supposed to take no longer than 8 weeks but to think that with ILR it takes up to 6 months to get a new BRP. I think HO just wants everyone to pay for premium service.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2018
teejay231:

Thanks a lot. I did my biometrics almost a month ago and still waiting. My BRP was stolen/lost and haven't been able to start in my new role because of it. My employer did contact HO but were informed to wait till I had the new BRP. It supposed to take no longer than 8 weeks but to think that with ILR it takes up to 6 months to get a new BRP. I think HO just wants everyone to pay for premium service.

You are welcome. I hope you haven't lost the role though as a result of the delay. Fingers crossed, you'd get the BRP soon.

I honestly don't even like the BRP only idea, as in no visa, just BRP, this is my first one. My previous visa was stamped in my passport and I prefer that. I have now inserted this BRP in my passport as I am paranoid that I'd lose it or forget it when I travel and I will be held at immigration on my return. I wish they could still stamp your passport and you could have BRP as additional proof.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2018
newbie715:

You are welcome. I hope you haven't lost the role though as a result of the delay. Fingers crossed, you'd get the BRP soon.

I honestly don't even like the BRP only idea, as in no visa, just BRP, this is my first one. My previous visa was stamped in my passport and I prefer that. I have now inserted this BRP in my passport as I am paranoid that I'd lose it or forget it when I travel and I will be held at immigration on my return. I wish they could still stamp your passport and you could have BRP as additional proof.

Fingers crossed oh. I haven't lost it yet but they have been waiting almost 2 months now worried they might just move on. I know a few people who had got their ILR as stamps in their passport and were required to apply for a BRP. Some even lost their jobs during the wait as it takes up to 6 months. The HO is trying to phase out visa stamps I reckon. I think Australia doesn't even issue a stamp or card just a letter unless by special request.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by live4tk: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2018
Good morning everyone, please am making enquiries about these for a friend of mine . They wants to submit their FLR (m) visa application soon.

Below are the document they want to submit for there FLR (m) application:

Section 1

*FLM (m) Application form

*Print out of priority booking payment

*Print out of IHS payment.

*Print out of appointment date.

*Applicant passport

*Applicant 2 x Passport photograph

*Sponsors Passport

*Sponsor 1 x Passport photograph

*English test certificate A2 level

Section 2

Relationship proof

Marriage Certificate

*No kid for now

*Proof of Cohabitation

*No gas,electric bill or water bill (They are living in a shared apartment where all bills are inclusive).

*No council tax bill

*Separate bank statements

*Separate provisional driving licence

*Separate Doctors letter ( Different letters from GP and fertility treatment appointment)

*Both names on TV licence

Section 3

*6 months wage slips

*Contract of employment

*Letter from employer

*6 months bank statement

Section 4

Renting

*Tenancy Agreement( Landlord don't issue any agreement, just transfer the rent into his account if you like the house)

*No council tax bill

Please carefully look at the proof of relationship section. Do you think it wouldn't affect their application? Please I need your suggestion and everyone..

Thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by live4tk: 9:41am On Jun 17, 2018
Accommodation

The landlord said he will write a letter concerning that, that they have been leaving in his house.

RENT

The landlord doesn't issue any proof of payment. They only transfer the rent into the landlord's bank account and he doesn't give them receipt.

COHABITATION

Her spouse visa was granted in June 2016.
Below are proof planning to use;
June 2016 - June 2017
* TV licence - Joint
* UK provisional driving licence - Separate
* Bank Statement. - Separate

July 2017 - June 2018

* NHS letters - Separate
* P 60 - Separate

They are planning to apply in few months time from now.
Please everyone,what is there chance concerning their application.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hi Newbie,

Congratulations.
On to the next stage! ���

newbie715:

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2018
I think you should try to get a your Rent Agreement and council tax.

And you will need to evenly spread your documents for every 4 months.

I simply gave them more evidence than they needed. I sent over 20 correspondence to them.

Please don't let the refuse you for any silly reasons. It's very important you get your documents right the first time.

Good luck.

live4tk:

Accommodation

The landlord said he will write a letter concerning that, that they have been leaving in his house.

RENT

The landlord doesn't issue any proof of payment. They only transfer the rent into the landlord's bank account and he doesn't give them receipt.

COHABITATION

Her spouse visa was granted in June 2016.
Below are proof planning to use;
June 2016 - June 2017
* TV licence - Joint
* UK provisional driving licence - Separate

July 2017 - June 2018

* NHS letters - Separate
* P 60 - Separate

They are planning to apply in few months time from now.
Please everyone,what is there chance concerning their application.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello,
In the financial requirement, is the 18,600 requirement the earnings for the last 12 months or earning for next 12 months?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
Congratulations!!!
I am renewing mine in November. I haven’t decided if I will use the same decision appointment.
Gathering all evidence and praying it all work out.
newbie715:
Below are the documents. 
FLR (m) Paper Application form
Print out of IHS payment.
Applicant passport
Applicant 2x Passport pictures 
Sponsors Passport
Sponsor 1x Passport picture 
NARIC certificate for English Language‎

Marriage certificate
Child's birth certificate
Child's passport‎

Proof of Co-habitation
Gas ‎and Electricity bills (the only document in joint name)‎
HRMC Letter
Bank Statement 
Council Tax Bills 
NHS appointment Letters 
EE phone bill‎
Bank Letters 

Proof of Income
I used hubby's income only.‎
His 6 months bank statements (last one within 28 days)
His 6 months pay slips stamped and signed by HR as they are internet print outs(last one within 28 days)
His Letter of Employment
Letter from Employer (within 28 days) confirming date of employment, salary and authenticity of pay slips

Accommodation 
Mortgage Statement‎
Bank statement showing mortgage direct debits‎

Hubby's passport was returned within a week.‎
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
phardey:
Hi Newbie,

Congratulations.
On to the next stage! ���

Thank you. Yes next level in 2020 smiley
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2018
carphy:
Congratulations!!!
I am renewing mine in November. I haven’t decided if I will use the same decision appointment.
Gathering all evidence and praying it all work out.

Hi, my advice is if you wish to use in-person appointment in November, start looking for dates as early as end of September so you don't end up like me cos I couldn't find available dates before my visa expiry as the dates go really quickly.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by live4tk: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
Thank you so much phardey for your responses. I really appreciate. Please i have 3 more questions on this issue;
Firstly, the FLM(M) application is in about a year now, is it still okay for them to rent a new apartment?

Secondly, do you have the link to include someone's name on the TV licence bill?

lastly, my own BRP was issued on 09/11/2017 and will expire on 06/08/2020.

Please when is the best time to submit my application for the FLM(M) ?

Thank you.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
In the financial requirement, is the 18,600 pounds requirement the earnings for the last 12 months or earning for next 12 months?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by teejay231: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
carphy:
Hello everyone,
In the financial requirement, is the 18,600 pounds requirement the earnings for the last 12 months or earning for next 12 months?

Past 12 months earnings even if you are providing just 6 months bank statements and pay slips. You must include a letter from the employer confirming you or partners annual income. If you have been employed by the same employer for more than 12 months then 6 months bank statements and/or pay slips will suffice. If employed for less than 12 months then you have to provide 12 months bank statements.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 2:53am On Jul 05, 2018
Thank you!!!
teejay231:

Past 12 months earnings even if you are providing just 6 months bank statements and pay slips. You must include a letter from the employer confirming you or partners annual income. If you have been employed by the same employer for more than 12 months then 6 months bank statements and/or pay slips will suffice. If employed for less than 12 months then you have to provide 12 months bank statements.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by ToyinNick: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello All,

I submitted the FLR extension for my hubby. just want to ask, is there a way to track or check your status.
Is there any link to go to to check the status of application?
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Toyin
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by ToyinNick: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello All,

I submitted the FLR extension for my hubby. just want to ask, is there a way to track or check your status.
Is there any link to go to to check the status of application?
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Toyin
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 7:11am On Jul 08, 2018
teejay231:

My wife is also British and no longer collects any benefits. She had to inform HMRC about me as she was no longer single for tax credits. We have opted to not collect any benefits till I qualify for ILR just to avoid any problems with renewals.

Exactly to avoid problems.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 7:25am On Jul 08, 2018
Realgeo:

Hi, longest time.. been soo busy. Answers to your questions.

You can get a drivers licence with your Brp cause you are on settlement visa. I got my provisional licence 2 months I came into the UK and by the 4th month I got my full drivers licence and I drive like a pro now in the streets of Manchester city. It's all in your mind. How determined you are. I took the driving test once and boom!!! I passed. It cost me £370. So give it a try, it will relieve lots of stress. Just get the form and fill it then , send your original brp with it and they will get back to u.
Again, have you registered to vote? I have and just voted this May. There was this election in Manchester and I voted the Liberals or whatever their name is...lol. It will help to build your credit rating and that will help you to get credits, loans and Finances on cars and other stuffs.

Hope the land is treating you well. Cheers

Hey am good o longest time.i see you painting Manchester with your skills lol finally got my provisional drivers licence i know how to drive have been driving in Nigeria it was the hand gear that first gave me issues.
My husband had to help me out went somewhere so he could teach me.
Pls email your number to me i might be coming to the Manchester for short break Thursday to Sunday. This is my email : jesusdelight31@gmail.com

Uk is better now all thanks to summer got a job instantly.
I dont work from Thursday 3.30 to Sunday long weekend lol. I like that kind job. Lol
Good to hear from you.
Or i might email my number to you don't know if you still using same email
I s

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 7:29am On Jul 08, 2018
abubarakat:
Yes, it is possible to apply for a provisional driving license with a spouse visa. That's what I did when I first arrived in Jan 2017. Feels like many years ago now, chai.

After I got my provisional license, I took the theory test and later did the driving test. I now drive around in my car! Well, just so you know know, I managed to pass the driving test at the 3rd attempt. Blame it on bad driving habits I picked up back home.

3 times!!!!!!! My husband suggested to do the online free test before throwing money to the wind. Lol
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / Entry To Delta State Blocked. No Movement ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.