Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) (44273 Views)

TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) / Okada Man Who Took Tramadol In Delta State Falls (Photos) / Why Are They Taking Tramadol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by hakunajay(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2016
The problem with addicts is, they need a reason for them to stop abusing drugs. The will to really stop taking drugs need to come from within them otherwise, after putting love ones through trauma, pains and wasted time treating them back to normalcy after ODing, they immediately jump back to their vomit.
My wife and I really suffered trying to break my little inlaw from substance abuse. We spent quite some hard earned cash in the hospitals, rehabs to no avail. After a rehab session, he'll be normal for some weeks, highest a month and before you say jack, I'm already paying for another round of treatment... Gosh!!!
This went on until I stamped my foot and called my inlaws, I presented their son to them telling them I won't be responsible or spend any kobo should he go back to drugs. The boy in question cried that day promising to change. I was shocked to see him smoking near my house one evening and when I searched him, i found weed, tramadol and a jar of gum! And that was how i threw him out of my house for good.

I've made up my mind, I won't lose a minute of sleep to care for somebody who's not ready to change!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bibijay123(f): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2016
hakunajay:
The problem with addicts is, they need a reason for them to stop abusing drugs. The will to really stop taking drugs need to come from within them otherwise, after putting love ones through trauma, pains and wasted time treating them back to normalcy after ODing, they immediately jump back to their vomit.
My wife and I really suffered trying to break my little inlaw from substance abuse. We spent quite some hard earned cash in the hospitals, rehabs to no avail. After a rehab session, he'll be normal for some weeks, highest a month and before you say jack, I'm already paying for another round of treatment... Gosh!!!
This went on until I stamped my foot and called my inlaws, I presented their son to them telling them I won't be responsible or spend any kobo should he go back to drugs. The boy in question cried that day promising to change. I was shocked to see him smoking near my house one evening and when I searched him, i found weed, tramadol and a jar of gum! And that was how i threw him out of my house for good.

I've made up my mind, I won't lose a minute of sleep to care for somebody who's not ready to change!

Ha! His own is worse o, Gum? My cousin is Alright now or maybe he's just giving us the impression that he is ......who knows? he stays alone so we can't really be too sure he's off it.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by iduzebaba(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2016
Ur cousin is abusing tramal.. prob taking weed and the likes.. he needs a biopsychosocial check up.. cos believe me.. he arnt fine.. he wil surely come down wit worse attack.. so if u actually want d best for him.. take him to a substance abuse clinic.. uith has got one.. every wednesday.. so he can get a definitive care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by treystan(m): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2016
Joygalore:
Naloxone, but you need to see a doc asap
Okay thanks
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Leez(m): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

My cousin brother is addicted to refnol and tramadol. His friends said he now takes up to 8 tablets in a day. We couldn't sleep all through the night because he came home last night with spits dribbling down his shirt and talking gibberish. He has destroyed so many things in the house.

His mom is asthamatic, she had a crisis last night when he started his weird behavior. Please who has fought this addiction before? How can we help him?
na d igbo scatter im head
tram n reph mke u active n numbs pain
IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU HIGH
tram is more or less ibuprofen wit more morphine

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Emmiee28(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
Rehab or church straight up...
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

My cousin brother is addicted to refnol and tramadol. His friends said he now takes up to 8 tablets in a day. We couldn't sleep all through the night because he came home last night with spits dribbling down his shirt and talking gibberish. He has destroyed so many things in the house.

His mom is asthamatic, she had a crisis last night when he started his weird behavior. Please who has fought this addiction before? How can we help him?
be careful better stop him by force b4 its too late.. My course mate slept and never woke up again cos of tramadol... It takes life asap. And this just happen last session
. and i would soon graduate... If he had slowed things down wouldnt he be thinking bout graduation too but ooopps the dead dont think... So ur brother needs to fight that sh*t outta his system.

4 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by IMASTEX: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
If you ask me, I would suggest he visits a counselor. Though, he shouldn't be left idle.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Jay542(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
Leez:

na d igbo scatter im head
tram n reph mke u active n numbs pain
IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU HIGH
tram is more or less ibuprofen wit more morphine
Ref iss crazy oo
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Francon(f): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
I don't like the word " COUSIN BROTHER" .

It sounds awkward. Use either male cousin or brother next time.

So sorry, I don't know about the tramadol.

10 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by visijo(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
no be hard drug na.. Na for sex power.. Tell him to get more addicted... #teamlastlonger...

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by naijaboiy: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
Oga don go take mixture. grin

Drugs is not for everyone. If you don't have strong body system don't go into it. sad

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by BethelD1(m): 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
The treatment is straightforward swap of Tramadol for a long acting opiate and gradual reduction .
However much psychological support and other stuff is required for achievement of total abstinence and remaining totally opiate free after .

There may be places for rehab where you are ? Nigeria or Europe ?

Addiction is a very bad illness it goes beyond being a bad guy or weak person , it is an illness like no other that has both physical and psychological symptoms .

It is however treatable and 'conquerable' with the right treatment and other therapies .

3 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by rubochi(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
His pix or i donbelivit. You are the one addicted and finding a way out. Just tell then I will call my ancestors to help you.....

3 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
Francon:
I don't like the word " COUSIN BROTHER" .

It sounds awkward. Use either male cousin or brother next time.

So sorry, I don't know about the tramadol.
we re talking bout life and death and this is what u ve to say... Repeat this prayer after me... Lord jesus gimme sense.... angry angry

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Stallion84(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
Have a recording of his behavior now and show him later when you talk to him. helped a friend with alcohol issue. His wife recorded all his act and showed him the next day. He saw how she cried cleaning him up of all the vomit and how he looked like he was gonna die. hope he has a bit of self guilt. All the best

6 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by iamord(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
mulan21:
cry embarassed I was addicted to it once but ve been clean for close to a year. He needs help u can mail me @doshmarcus@gmail
But sincerely drug abuse is increasing amongst youths these days. If not for crack being a bit expensive considering average earnings. It would have been worse

7 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

[size=18pt]I have[/size]...[size=28pt]All i did was decide within me that oti ya! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
naijaboiy:
Oga don go take mixture. grin

Drugs is not for everyone. If you don't have strong body system don't go into it. sad
sorry i think drug is not for anyone.

4 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Blingblings(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
Tramadol dey high?... I thought they only use it to Bleep?
Anyways he needs deliverance asap

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by cescky(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
mulan21:
cry embarassed I was addicted to it once but ve been clean for close to a year. He needs help u can mail me @doshmarcus@gmail

Pls educate me, as girl what was it doing for you?

Also why not help the op out openly you never know how many lives u might save with ur timely information

4 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by shollay09(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:

Hospital? He has stopped talking now, only staring into space. Thank u
yes hospital cos you did not know how many grams he has swallowed.....
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Leez(m): 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
Jay542:
Ref iss crazy oo
we are still saying the same tin bro crazy hell yeah but to make d dude do wat he did speaking of which there has been a spike of addiction articles ds week 2 for wannking and now dis ds is just like dos dumb threads of my dis say i look like ds celebrity smh i miss d old NL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by martineinstein(m): 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
hope he has enoof money for liver and kidney cancer treatment as well as impotency

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Leez(m): 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
Jay542:
Ref iss crazy oo
we are still saying the same tin bro crazy hell yeah but to make d dude do wat he did speaking of which there has been a spike of addiction articles ds week 2 for wannking and now dis ds is just like dos dumb threads of my dis say i look like ds celebrity smh i miss d old NL
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Ranchhoddas: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2016
sapiosexual1:
@bibijay123, ur dealing with a slowly ticking time bomb. As an opiod, fighting tramadol addiction could be dicey, especially as its a centrally acting opiod.
> He could be enrolled into a social rehab center where a controlled dose reduction program is run.
> You could help him by tapering his daily dose of tramal reducing it by one tablet in two days and substituting it with a placebo (which looks like tramal) till he is fully weaned off. This could take weeks.
> He may need to eventually be given an an opiod antagonist (it's a prescription pill so I can't type the name here) to help his addiction.
What you should not do : don't abruptly stop him from taking the drug, the withdrawal symptoms are often dangerous,sometimes life threatening in the very addicted.
What you should know: the longer he is addicted to tramal, the more likelihood he would suffer renal and liver damage in future, and also 'hormonal riots' going forward. You need to be proactive.
He needs to see a psychiatrist asap, in Nigeria, they're the ones who handle issues of substance abuse.
So people cannot just google the name of opioid antagonists abi na wetin you wan form now?

5 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by shollay09(m): 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
Blingblings:
Tramadol dey high?... I thought they only use it to Bleep?

Anyways he needs deliverance asap
yesso..... you go dey slow gan like person wey soldier borrow slap grin

plus I see no reason why person go use trams for papa and mama play jez cos say u wan bleep one girl

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
Now listen, this thing I'm about to tell you, breaks all addictions. Tell him to declare any day onwards his last day he will ever take the drug and should take that day his second date of birth and he should celebrate day every month and year. If he does this correctly, his transformation will be obvious.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by soccerdrum(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
Your cousin wan last 4hours on top woman... Make him deh dia sad

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
Leez:

we are still saying the same tin bro
crazy hell yeah but to make d dude do wat he did
speaking of which there has been a spike of addiction articles ds week
2 for wannking and now dis
ds is just like dos dumb threads of my dis say i look like ds celebrity smh
i miss d old NL
I am not understand grin

3 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by priscaoge(f): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!! What's Growing On My Skin!? / Doctor Oluwafemi Esho Exchanged Free Treatment For Sex With Patient, Tribunal / New Pictures Of Family Of Five With Madness In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.