Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) (44263 Views)

TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) / Okada Man Who Took Tramadol In Delta State Falls (Photos) / Why Are They Taking Tramadol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
of all the problems in this country, people will still be adding drug abuse and waste money on rehab,na wah o

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by gidzbobby: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Dunno if this stuff happening is everywhere, my cousin too is addicted to tramadol (200g) and he mixes it with beniylin ( dunno if that's the spelling ). Sometimes he takes it raw from the bottle, other times he makes use of water.. I have talked, am even tired sef.

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by free2ryhme: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

My cousin brother is addicted to refnol and tramadol. His friends said he now takes up to 8 tablets in a day. We couldn't sleep all through the night because he came home last night with spits dribbling down his shirt and talking gibberish. He has destroyed so many things in the house.

His mom is asthamatic, she had a crisis last night when he started his weird behavior. Please who has fought this addiction before? How can we help him?

just tell us it is you or your cousin cant use nairaland again
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by oshibote1: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:

OK. Thank you sir.
you just need to talk to him because I my self use to use. it before
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Ranchhoddas: 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
Pascalville:
we re talking bout life and death and this is what u ve to say... Repeat this prayer after me... Lord jesus gimme sense.... angry angry
Hahahahahahahahaahaha...You want kee me with laughter.

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Kemillion(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
[quote author=sapiosexual1 post=47972687]@bibijay123, ur dealing with a slowly ticking time bomb. As an opiod, fighting tramadol addiction could be dicey, especially as its a centrally acting opiod.
> He could be enrolled into a social rehab center where a controlled dose reduction program is run.
> You could help him by tapering his daily dose of tramal reducing it by one tablet in two days and substituting it with a placebo (which looks like tramal) till he is fully weaned off. This could take weeks.
> He may need to eventually be given an an opiod antagonist (it's a prescription pill so I can't type the name here) to help his addiction.
What you should not do : don't abruptly stop him from taking the drug, the withdrawal symptoms are often dangerous,sometimes life threatening in the very addicted.
What you should know: the longer he is addicted to tramal, the more likelihood he would suffer renal and liver damage in future, and also 'hormonal riots' going forward. You need to be proactive.
He needs to see a psychiatrist asap, in Nigeria, they're the ones who handle issues of substance abuse. OGA/MADAM ABEG NO VEX, WETIN DIS TRAMADOL DEY CURE SEF? WHY PPLE DEY TAKE AM TIL IT BECOME EVEN AN ADDICTION. ABEG HINT ME SMALL SMALL ABOUT DIS TRAMADOL OF A THING.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Ranchhoddas: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
gidzbobby:
Dunno if this stuff happening is everywhere, my cousin too is addicted to tramadol (200g) and he mixes it with beniylin ( dunno if that's the spelling ). Sometimes he takes it raw from the bottle, other times he makes use of water.. I have talked, am even tired sef.
Tell him that he's slowly digging his grave.

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Egbabiekperemo: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

My cousin brother is addicted to refnol and tramadol. His friends said he now takes up to 8 tablets in a day. We couldn't sleep all through the night because he came home last night with spits dribbling down his shirt and talking gibberish. He has destroyed so many things in the house.

His mom is asthamatic, she had a crisis last night when he started his weird behavior. Please who has fought this addiction before? How can we help him?

I guess your cousin is paulkillerman the ashewo boy

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Jay542(m): 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2016
Leez:

we are still saying the same tin bro
crazy hell yeah but to make d dude do wat he did
speaking of which there has been a spike of addiction articles ds week
2 for wannking and now dis
ds is just like dos dumb threads of my dis say i look like ds celebrity smh
i miss d old NL
Bros see as you lost mee. No confuse me like this again oo.
Anyways this is excess of Codeine nd rophynol. Marijuana isn't a cause. This is drugs. Or maybe he take gaegaemu.

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2016
I've tried using tramadol for fatigue before but it had no visible effect on me though I took a considerably high dose so I never tried it again.so it is addictive? The only addictions I had were sugar,ice cubes,chicken and fried eggs or anything fried. anyway@op, there should be a department for this at general hospitals,ARO in Abeokuta or that one in Yaba area in case it escalates.good luck.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Leez(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Oyind17:
I am not understand grin
lol no mind me i just dy complain abt threads o jare reph aka roche strong na but all dos tin na opiate na d guy tke either weed or alomo wit am
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by topsam1(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Leez:

na d igbo scatter im head
tram n reph mke u active n numbs pain
IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU HIGH
tram is more or less ibuprofen wit more morphine

You are right my bro....the OP never saw her cousin with igbo before, that was why she never mentioned it....back to the issue I'm nt a science student but I believe every hard substance has its behavioural pattern associated with it...the OP said her cousin was looking into space like someone trying to do matrix in yahooze dance.....it must be igbo...the behaviour is not new to the veterans in the habit....but for the newbies....just follow all the advises here...you are very lucky to have got professional responses here on nairaland...and wait you are such a nice and caring cousin. I hope recovers fully and nt pretend to be

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Jay542(m): 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
Oyind17:
I am not understand grin
You sef reason the matter. grin

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
let him try ARIZONA SK

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
Leez:

lol no mind me i just dy complain abt threads o jare
reph aka roche strong na but all dos tin na opiate na
d guy tke either weed or alomo wit am
I am understand now grin

What's the use of tramadol?

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Francon(f): 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Pascalville:
we re talking bout life and death and this is what u ve to say... Repeat this prayer after me... Lord jesus gimme sense.... angry angry

The OP took corrections.

Now repeat after your sensory neurons grin grin

EYE YAM STEW PEED tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
Jay542:

You sef reason the matter. grin
Yes o, we don meet here again. grin

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Leez(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
topsam1:

You are right my bro....the OP never saw her cousin with igbo before, that was why she never mentioned it....back to the issue I'm nt a science student but I believe every hard substance has its behavioural pattern associated with it...the OP said her cousin was looking into space like someone trying to do matrix in yahooze dance.....it must be igbo...the behaviour is not new to the veterans in the habit....but for the newbies....just follow all the advises here...you are very lucky to have got professional responses here on nairaland...and wait you are such a nice and caring cousin. I hope recovers fully and nt pretend to be
bro na so you knw as e dy go
be like d guy na all ds teenager wey no too sabi bt dm dy tke to belong
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
Francon:

The OP took corrections.
Now repeat after your sensory neurons grin grin
EYE YAM STEW PEED tongue tongue
Shey u know say u no get sense?

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Leez(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
Oyind17:
I am understand now grin

What's the use of tramadol?
lol grin
tm na pain reliever like ibu just say e gt higher dosage eg dos yellow b green dn d red baba
it releases morphine to numb the pain
u tend to be light headed and active wen u tke it eg ironbenders, masons etc
same wit reph
e no fit mke u high at all

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by oochi123(f): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
U see the problem he has brought upon himself n family? Why abuse drugs when u knw its nt good for ur health? Guys even take cough syrup as if they re taking juice.I went to a chemist n could nt believe my eyes.I spent 3hrs there n guys were just going in out of the place like a mkt square.ha! Some were buying emzolyn n benylin in cartons.chai money wey them suppose use buy better jean wear for body them dey use spoil life..

4 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by RSAV: 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
If he's willing to quit the habit, take him to Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta. He'll come out clean.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
Leez:

lol grin
tm na pain reliever like ibu just say e gt higher dosage eg dos yellow b green dn d red baba
it releases morphine to numb the pain
u tend to be light headed and active wen u tke it eg ironbenders, masons etc
same wit reph
e no fit mke u high at all
Heard my nephew is taking it. Only that grin tell me more joor

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
cool Yaba Left Shap Sharp !!! cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Francon(f): 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
favoryte33:
Shey u know say u no get sense?

You wey get sense, who e epp? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by erimmy(m): 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
@OP this is a very serious issue, but you can turn it into a testimony, that's it you love your brother. Inform NDLEA officials and they will quickly take him to a rehab home .They will help him recover and lead a normal life again
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by vicstar(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
• • • • • Niggas and highness cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Clairvoyant(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
cold turkey

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

That's what happens wen a non-Guyman is delving in a Guymans area. Your brother no be Guyman.
I take tramadol, retinol, and everything yet a Guyman is still a Guyman.
He should see a psychiatrist for detoxing. It's not an impossible task.

GuymanDspecies

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Jay542(m): 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
Oyind17:
Yes o, we don meet here again. grin
Lol. Yess oo grin Follow me back siir.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by GlitzG: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
ZuzuMan:
cool Yaba Left Shap Sharp !!! cool cool cool

Wicked guy grin grin I couldn't stop laughing at d pix u attached.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by badonkadonk: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

Bring him to naval dockyard... Let us help massage that addiction out of his system..

U say he is staring into space.. One correct slap would return him bak to earth instanta...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!! What's Growing On My Skin!? / Nigerian Man Dies In Indonesia After Falling Off The 9th Floor Of His Apartment / New Pictures Of Family Of Five With Madness In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.