Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) (44275 Views)

TRAMADOL ADDICTION (the Battle In Brief) / Okada Man Who Took Tramadol In Delta State Falls (Photos) / Why Are They Taking Tramadol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by longerthroat(m): 5:46am On Aug 26, 2016
Take him to the nearest Sabbath or Cele church in your area.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 26, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

My cousin brother is addicted to refnol and tramadol. His friends said he now takes up to 8 tablets in a day. We couldn't sleep all through the night because he came home last night with spits dribbling down his shirt and talking gibberish. He has destroyed so many things in the house.

His mom is asthamatic, she had a crisis last night when he started his weird behavior. Please who has fought this addiction before? How can we help him?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that your brother is as good as...... lipsrsealed 8 tab a day! Even mad people roaming the street go see your brother run because some started with just one and ended with 4. Your bro they download 8. He is just dancing with death waiting for the music to stop so that they can both go and meet God.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Francon(f): 6:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Pascalville:
hey not as if am giving up on this... But let byegones be byegones... Why re we enemies when we can be friends. smiley cool

Now you've won my heart. cool Why should we be enemies when we are now friends! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by dokiOloye(m): 6:34am On Aug 26, 2016
thorpido:
It depends on where you are.You can find a private hospital where they have a physician or take him to a teaching hospital.
He might need to be evaluated by a psychiatrist too.
Best bet is to take him to a teaching hosp where they'll surely have docs who are solely dedicated to psychiatry.
Was just telling my ppl last night hw d issue of drug abuse is fast blowing into an epidemic,based on cases I saw b/w monday n yesterday at d hospital where I work near Abuja.
It's a pity.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Synthase(m): 6:42am On Aug 26, 2016
Take him to Aro Abeokuta or Yaba asap, they have rehabilitation centre for drug abuse patients in both places. I have seen worse case of addiction treated especially in Aro. All the best
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by TedBaker(m): 6:43am On Aug 26, 2016
Nuahall2k14:
There is no tramadol of 225mg. Normally I prescribe 100mg or even d 50mg dose. U can take it like panadol But One dose every 8hrs..so that is maximum of 300mg a Day. So dnt exceed dat.
No no doc. D issue of i shld take it doesnt arise,i dnt abuse drugs pls. Ok tnx dat was resourceful. I askd coz i saw 225mg wit my eyes, i held it in my hands. My guy who bought it say its for sex. Buh web all knw beta. Yh 50mg was prescribed for my wife last yr she eventually discontinued coz of d effects.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by thorpido(m): 7:00am On Aug 26, 2016
dokiOloye:
Best bet is to take him to a teaching hosp where they'll surely have docs who are solely dedicated to psychiatry.
Was just telling my ppl last night hw d issue of drug abuse is fast blowing into an epidemic,based on cases I saw b/w monday n yesterday at d hospital where I work near Abuja.
It's a pity.
You're right.A lot of young people now feel the need to get high due to peer influence.Marijuana use is now rampant.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by BANGERLEE1(m): 7:29am On Aug 26, 2016
mulan21:
cry embarassed I was addicted to it once but ve been clean for close to a year. He needs help u can mail me @doshmarcus@gmail
I don't understand why you should be mailed. put what you went through to overcome the addiction here so others would probably learn from it that's the reason of this platform.
pls forgive me if am rude with the above.

2 Likes

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by BANGERLEE1(m): 7:30am On Aug 26, 2016
Preye1599:
What is tramadol used for sef
To see Buhari bad sides.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2016
TedBaker:
doc pls i want to knw what kind of tramadol has 225g. I doubt there is any doctor in the world that will prescribe 150g lest 200 or 250. Is it possible n under what circumstances?
is in mg and not g....No doctor will prescribe such a high dosage....50-100mg either bd or tds could just be sufficient unless is used to relieve pain post-surgery where up to 200mg could be required but is uncommon
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Kingsley1000(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2016
is he using it for sex enhancement
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by BANGERLEE1(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:
@bibijay123, ur dealing with a slowly ticking time bomb. As an opiod, fighting tramadol addiction could be dicey, especially as its a centrally acting opiod.
> He could be enrolled into a social rehab center where a controlled dose reduction program is run.
> You could help him by tapering his daily dose of tramal reducing it by one tablet in two days and substituting it with a placebo (which looks like tramal) till he is fully weaned off. This could take weeks.
> He may need to eventually be given an an opiod antagonist (it's a prescription pill so I can't type the name here) to help his addiction.
What you should not do : don't abruptly stop him from taking the drug, the withdrawal symptoms are often dangerous,sometimes life threatening in the very addicted.
What you should know: the longer he is addicted to tramal, the more likelihood he would suffer renal and liver damage in future, and also 'hormonal riots' going forward. You need to be proactive.
He needs to see a psychiatrist asap, in Nigeria, they're the ones who handle issues of substance abuse.
God knows you get brain.......nice idea.....
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Soknown: 7:35am On Aug 26, 2016
gidzbobby:
Dunno if this stuff happening is everywhere, my cousin too is addicted to tramadol (200g) and he mixes it with beniylin ( dunno if that's the spelling ). Sometimes he takes it raw from the bottle, other times he makes use of water.. I have talked, am even tired sef.
. That's the devil's blue ( short of Sprite though) devil's blue is an entertainment cocktail or celeb's drugs. Take him to a rehab, will power or self will can't control addiction. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 26, 2016
Francon:

Now you've won my heart. cool Why should we be enemies when we are now friends! grin grin grin
am glad.. So we re friends right... Tnks dear kiss

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Francon(f): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2016
Pascalville:
am glad.. So we re friends right... Tnks dear kiss

You are welcome darl

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by onimcee1(m): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:
@bibijay123, ur dealing with a slowly ticking time bomb. As an opiod, fighting tramadol addiction could be dicey, especially as its a centrally acting opiod.
> He could be enrolled into a social rehab center where a controlled dose reduction program is run.
> You could help him by tapering his daily dose of tramal reducing it by one tablet in two days and substituting it with a placebo (which looks like tramal) till he is fully weaned off. This could take weeks.
> He may need to eventually be given an an opiod antagonist (it's a prescription pill so I can't type the name here) to help his addiction.
What you should not do : don't abruptly stop him from taking the drug, the withdrawal symptoms are often dangerous,sometimes life threatening in the very addicted.
What you should know: the longer he is addicted to tramal, the more likelihood he would suffer renal and liver damage in future, and also 'hormonal riots' going forward. You need to be proactive.
He needs to see a psychiatrist asap, in Nigeria, they're the ones who handle issues of substance abuse.
I take one dose occasionally, does it have effect?
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by bigcil2(m): 7:44am On Aug 26, 2016
bibijay123:
Goodmorning all,

My cousin brother is addicted to refnol and tramadol. His friends said he now takes up to 8 tablets in a day. We couldn't sleep all through the night because he came home last night with spits dribbling down his shirt and talking gibberish. He has destroyed so many things in the house.

His mom is asthamatic, she had a crisis last night when he started his weird behavior. Please who has fought this addiction before? How can we help him?
Go to Yaba Psychiatric Hospital or Aro in Abeokuta, Ogun state.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by mavinkalot: 7:47am On Aug 26, 2016
you helped me speak it out!
Francon:
I don't like the word " COUSIN BROTHER" .

It sounds awkward. Use either male cousin or brother next time.

So sorry, I don't know about the tramadol.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by TedBaker(m): 7:55am On Aug 26, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

is in mg and not g....No doctor will prescribe such a high dosage....50-100mg either bd or tds could just be sufficient unless is used to relieve pain post-surgery where up to 200mg could be required but is uncommon
yh i knw it in mg. Mistaken dats all. OKkk coz i actually saw 250mg live n in d news when NAFDACAg DG was talkin about its confiscation. N i was lyk wat d Bleep 250mgg
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by topsam1(m): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Soknown:
. That's the devil's blue ( short of Sprite though) devil's blue is an entertainment cocktail or celeb's drugs. Take him to a rehab, will power or self will can't control addiction. God bless you.

Benylin always goes with codeine...he is in danger zone and u knw what codeine contains
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by buksaylor001: 8:10am On Aug 26, 2016
Poison him-he is a degenerate!

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by MrImole: 8:24am On Aug 26, 2016
Your cousin didn't take tramadol, he took something else, that I'm sure of. I have been there before... Let him take a lot of water.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nuahall2k14(m): 9:00am On Aug 26, 2016
Ok.. But pls always see a doctor to prescribe these kind of drugs.. Stay safe
TedBaker:
No no doc. D issue of i shld take it doesnt arise,i dnt abuse drugs pls. Ok tnx dat was resourceful. I askd coz i saw 225mg wit my eyes, i held it in my hands. My guy who bought it say its for sex. Buh web all knw beta. Yh 50mg was prescribed for my wife last yr she eventually discontinued coz of d effects.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 26, 2016
it happens because you guys are well off. his future is guaranteed. he doesn't suffer for anything. my only addiction is Pepsi and coke and that's when I want to read. may God see you through.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Generalpapiiii(m): 9:00am On Aug 26, 2016
Ndlea has a rehab program for drug addicts. It's not expensive
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by hariorh: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2016
Just what happens when you feel you have money without problems or responsibilities... Let him keep taking it please... The number of mad men on the streets have been declining daily sef... angry
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by Soknown: 9:07am On Aug 26, 2016
topsam1:

Benylin always goes with codeine...he is in danger zone and u knw what codeine contains
yea it's the codiene they seek for in Benylin. If they can't get the benylin with codeine, they buy oxycodone, mix it with sprite and tramadol to make the devil's blue. It's a real web of criminality. The relevant regulatory agency are trying but needs to intensify effort.

1 Like

Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by DamonStark(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2016
melanch:
Tramadol is a friendly drug that has no harm if taken without any other drugs like alcohol or antidepressants. Tramadol inhibits reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin which means it can make you happy. Some people take it to be light headed and happy. It does not kill or weaken the liver or kidney as people here have stated but it will if overdosed. Tramadol can make you sleep well at night and at daytime less sensitive to this crazy world.
I know a alot about trams my self nd d only one with d best comment on here.. Thanks for educating them..
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by MrImole: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2016
Nuahall2k14:
There is no tramadol of 225mg. Normally I prescribe 100mg or even d 50mg dose. U can take it like panadol But One dose every 8hrs..so that is maximum of 300mg a Day. So dnt exceed dat.

There's 225mg, it's sold for #200 per satchel.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by MrImole: 9:15am On Aug 26, 2016
TedBaker:
pls i want to knw what kind of tramadol has 225g. I doubt there is any doctor in the world that will prescribe 150g lest 200 or 250. Is it possible n under what circumstances?
not in grams but milligrams
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by MrImole: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2016
Stelvin101:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that your brother is as good as...... lipsrsealed 8 tab a day! Even mad people roaming the street go see your brother run because some started with just one and ended with 4. Your bro they download 8. He is just dancing with death waiting for the music to stop so that they can both go and meet God.

It's not about how many tablets but amount of milligrams in each tablet or capsule.
Re: Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help) by TedBaker(m): 9:31am On Aug 26, 2016
Nuahall2k14:
Ok.. But pls always see a doctor to prescribe these kind of drugs.. Stay safe
absolutely. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!! What's Growing On My Skin!? / New Pictures Of Family Of Five With Madness In Cross River / Nigerian Man Dies In Indonesia After Falling Off The 9th Floor Of His Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.