Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:21 AM

Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? (26445 Views)

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / How Can They Manage With 50K Monthly Salary / Is it advisable for a guy to settle down with his mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by mradjoy(m): 10:17am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:
If a man can survive with #1500 monthly income, what stops one from surviving with #50000.
Its all about planning and adjusting ones lifestyle to income generated.

@Bolded, Isn't that over exaggerated! How can someone survive with just ₦1,500/month in this present harsh economy of ours?

Maybe you need to throw more light on it so we can all learn!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by ElPere(m): 10:18am On Jul 28, 2016
Phedam:
Can a man settle down with peanut salary

No insult pls.. Can a man settle down with 50k Monthly salary. ?

[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]

Why not?
If the economy was on point then that's no stress. But now that the economy is a mess its risky to do that.

50k Naira?? Wife, one child, rent, random expenses....
Think twice mhen
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by fpeter(f): 10:18am On Jul 28, 2016
Yesso my dear, in the present day Nigeria, if you don't settle now you may end up single at 50.
It may look small but with support from an industrious and good wife, you will manage. Don't despise
the days of small beginnings. Start from somewhere and God will bless your marriage eventually.

P.S: DON'T GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO DO A WHITE WEDDING OR PARTY TO PLEASE PEOPLE!!!

6 Likes

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by oieda: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2016
I don't mean anything I say now as an insult I just want to go straight to the point. And I'd assume you mean settle down as in marry.

It depends on you sir, The person you are going to settle down with, her family structure and your location.

If you and the person you want to settle down with know how to live moderately with no complain cool. "Moderately" also has definitions. Some people's moderately is peak milk-corn flakes-eat out-change clothes often-type. Some others is "garri-pure water-200 naira for meal per day-type.
So know yourself especially the person you are settling down with.

Secondly, is the person you are selling down with like the next 'bread winner' in her family? Does she have dependents? How many?

Lastly, is your location and it's standard of living.

If you have been spending 30k of the 50k every month. Know that it will increase a lot now. Like double. So take note.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by sesaan(m): 10:19am On Jul 28, 2016
I shear ur pain bro... is like we have no life n future here . .. u go sch. up to Msc but no tangible work... keep praying n. keep hope alive
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by 2sexynet: 10:19am On Jul 28, 2016
LynnPetra:
grin

Abeg the money small, except your woman is working. Even at that, what happens when babies starts coming in.There are parts of the country where you can manage fine though.
some guys even earn 200k and above but dem never reason that level. I no even one born pass 2 and if my wife say she want more, she will take care of those ones. grin
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:19am On Jul 28, 2016
If you live in the village the answer is yes.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Jul 28, 2016
Phedam:

Yes. And live a comfortable life. But a caveat exists(his wife must also be earning)
Very soon pickin go enter. Plan well o
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by shamecurls(m): 10:19am On Jul 28, 2016
dreamwords:
Some people already settled down with no monthly salary, surviving by his grace, it depends on u

Na grace person go chop?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by ajalawole(m): 10:20am On Jul 28, 2016
grin@op, let ur wife know its for better for worse cheesy.

Then

thank me later
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by teemy(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2016
but i have come to realise that 50k is different from 50k depending on your location. its worth in a place like lagos, portharcourt or abuja is far off from less urban areas. but better you both are earners.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by xdos(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2016
Ermm let's analysis it... 50K take home salary... annual take home is 600k. So you need to save for atleast a year.
Average annual rent for a self contain is 120-150k depending on location... that is like 3months of your salary.
Let's say you decide to go meet a pastor to wed you guys and prolly engage few friends to celebrate with you guys, you could budget about 100k..
You and your wife can actually survive on 20k-25k/ month i.e. if you have an understanding wife and you can save 30k/month for next house rent and also have few coins in your pocket to start something for your wife... I won't advise you go for kids yet... You also will have to be very very stingy to family and friends...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by AlphaCentauri: 10:21am On Jul 28, 2016
nigga why do you feel the need to settle down ? marriage is prison and torture and with 50k per month its even more torture lolzzz. why would you do that to yourself na ? enjoy the single life cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by walexy14(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2016
not easy anyway but very possible
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Thoughty2(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2016
You can even settle with 20,000 Naira per month. It depends on the kind of life you want to live. but be very realistic with your financial plans for marriage before you make a move. For me I can't even settle with 150,000 naira/month
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by fpeter(f): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2016
mradjoy:

@Bolded, Isn't that over exaggerated! How can someone survive with just ₦1,500/month in this present harsh economy of ours?

Thank you.

Look around you my dear, people are suffering. Interact with the ordinary man on the streets
Ask questions, I see a lot of them daily and some don't even have any means of livelihood to
even eat daily meals. I live in Abuja where things are extremely expensive. I met a young man
who's salary is 5k....I mean #5,000. No gimmicks, no lies...we're in a mess already as a nation.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by blissfulangel(m): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:
If a man can survive with #1500 monthly income, what stops one fro ;Dm surviving with #50000.
Its all about planning and adjusting ones lifestyle to income generated.
LIE grin
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Cherishing(f): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2016
ralphsoo:
surviving is not the same thing as settling down ma
Its even easier to settle(marry) down with #50000 than surviving in marriage with #50000 because a lot of things that springing up as time goes,most are unforeseen and you can't escape the expenses than marrying where its your (both couples)choice how you want you want the #50k to go,you might even be surprised to see some balance left if you plan it very well.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 28, 2016
Bro dont try it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by shamecurls(m): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2016
Phedam:

Bitter Truth

Forget all the economist advising that you can.

The truth is that, if you want to leave an average comfortable life, You can never settle down with 50k except your wiffy earns constantly also.

You only can settle down as a pauper with that amount. Real pauper I mean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by ped007(m): 10:25am On Jul 28, 2016
My dear u can liv with a woman with 50k monthly...
But SETTLE DOWN Not possible with such amount, even u no go fit settle down.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by gentlemanghost(m): 10:25am On Jul 28, 2016
Cherishing:

Do I look like a man grin
OK then let me rephrase. .... Would you settle down with a man that earns 50k monthly grin
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by faari(f): 10:26am On Jul 28, 2016
Yes. If your wife is employed. If you live in a moderate accommodation. If you ola on having a small family and live where cost of living isn't cut throat.
PS: wife has to be employed, gainfukky employed ooo. Not sales clerk 15k per month ooo. No offence.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by saintdennis(m): 10:26am On Jul 28, 2016
Yes u can...

But ABEG no born pikin... Or bad as e bad (If ur wifey earns 40/50k minimym) u marry then create a plan for one of u to start a business.

Please for nigeria's sake if u not buoyant enough then don't birth more than one child.

All these criminals everywhere are offsprings of poverty...we don't need more.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 28, 2016
2sexynet:
some guys even earn 200k and above but dem never reason that level. I no even one born pass 2 and if my wife say she want more, she will take care of those ones. grin

cheesy
This buhari government wey salt sef no dey quick catch soup. grin grin
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by teemy(m): 10:27am On Jul 28, 2016
also do introduction and registry alone to save costs. those that truly love you would not mind. you might want to consider having only one kid and if you want more over time you could adopt. having kids would cost you time in care taking. plan it.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Cherishing(f): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2016
mradjoy:

Thank you.

Got no better explanation than the experience share here yesterday FP . how sm1 was surviving with #1500 a groundnut seller . Baffles me sha sad
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 28, 2016
@OP

Don't allow cultural or conventional norms to defined you. Real men always live at the periphery of culture and conventionalism.

I know that age might not be on your side ala petty people parlance, but believe you me, any truly sane and sound, and pro quality life proponent should never dare starting a family without a well established meaningful cash flow. 50K naira monthly income is rather not a good one.

So, yes you can start a family even with an amount less than the one you stated, but you can never nurture a quality family with it.

And don't mind those telling you about faith and prospective divine grace, use your God given brain to mirror how your tomorrow will be. The idea of living on Faith and hoping on grace is the reason why you see a lot of uncompleted buildings everywhere and uncared for kids, because majority of our people always fails to plan their lives based on reality and fact.
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Cherishing(f): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2016
gentlemanghost:
OK then let me rephrase. .... Would you settle down with a man that earns 50k monthly grin
I have a man and he earns more than that, me start thinking of another man that earns below him is tantamount to suicide mission grin
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by SamOgasco(m): 10:31am On Jul 28, 2016
izzy4shizzy:
Settling down with 50k for me is a NO NO....use that money to improve on ur certificates, den get a better job n settle down

After how many years of age Sir?
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 28, 2016
It depends on

1)your location, you can't compare the standard of living in maitama with surulere, food, house rent(as you may need to move into a bigger apartment after marriage), transport

2)the spending habit of your wife, some women are good home makers and can be modest in spending, but if you marry the one that paints nails for 5k and uses body cream of 20k,you can't with that salary
Re: Can A Man Settle Down With 50k As Salary? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 28, 2016
JideTheBlogger:
Settle down with 50k?

You want to start a family that will struggle to live and enjoy life. embarassed

Smh**

in other words you earn more than 50k monthly from your blogs cos you havs settled down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Will You Take Your Wife Back If She Cheats On You? / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.