Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria (47747 Views)

5 Duplexes In Gowon Estate On Fire In Lagos (Photo) / MODERN SEMI-DETACHED DUPLEXES In OSAPA (pictures) / Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2016
Preparation of grade beam reinforcement.

Grade beam is a reinforced concrete beam design to span from columns to columns, carrying only ground floor walls and transmitting such load to foundation columns instead of the soil below.

Here are some of the pictures of ground beam reinforcement

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
Two course of block was built over the grade beam to help raise the building floor level in other to prevent against flooding

2 Likes

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by Miscellaneous(m): 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
Please let the explanations and pics continue....

2 Likes

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by NLresidentQS(m): 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Now following. And learning.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Thank you sir for input. We are merely interpreting what the designing engineer has done. The architectural a d structural design were carried out by different consultancy film. All the above mentioned factors were considered by the designer before the final structural member drawings and working drawings were made.

Thank you sir

Hello Team Harney, you didn't answer the question.

Was a soil test performed on this site?

Thanks.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Hello Team Harney, you didn't answer the question.

Was a soil test performed on this site?

Thanks.

No sir... Soil test wasn't performed on the site
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by 2sexycom(m): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
abdulwastecx:

No sir... Soil test wasn't performed on the site
any reason for that?

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by podosci(m): 7:40am On Aug 31, 2016
2sexycom:
any reason for that?
The design was not done by us, Its between the client and the structural firm that did the design why a soil test was not carried out but we adviced all our clients to carry out a soil test.
On our part,we observed the physical characteristics of the soil to be okay during the excavation and also we went round the locality and observed other buildings, asked Question to assertain the type of foundation used by other buildings , from our physical observation the soil in that locality respobded well to the load buildings but i must reiterate this approach dose not take away the need for a geotecnic test.

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by DUNKA(m): 6:06am On Sep 01, 2016
podosci:

The design was not done by us, Its between the client and the structural firm that did the design why a soil test was not carried out but we adviced all our clients to carry out a soil test.
On our part,we observed the physical characteristics of the soil to be okay during the excavation and also we went round the locality and observed other buildings, asked Question to assertain the type of foundation used by other buildings , from our physical observation the soil in that locality respobded well to the load buildings but i must reiterate this approach dose not take away the need for a geotecnic test.
Nice job. Please do you need a soil test on a bungalow building or only on duplexes?

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by podosci(m): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2016
DUNKA:
Nice job. Please do you need a soil test on a bungalow building or only on duplexes?
Technically you need a soil test to determine the type of foundation to be done weither bungalow or duplex......Specifically Any Raft foundation or pile foundation done without the result of geotechnic test is wrong.
For bungalows where the load is very small and a strip is to be used an alternative method not sactioned by most literature is physical obersavation of the sorrounding buildings to check how the building interact with the soil and the foundation used.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by ceelog(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2016
Do you need a soil test for plint beam foundation?

podosci:

Technically you need a soil test to determine the type of foundation to be done weither bungalow or duplex......Specifically Any Raft foundation or pile foundation done without the result of geotechnic test is wrong.
For bungalows where the load is very small and a strip is to be used an alternative method not sactioned by most literature is physical obersavation of the sorrounding buildings to check how the building interact with the soil and the foundation used.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
ceelog:

Do you need a soil test for plint beam foundation?

The plinth beam doesn't transmit load directly to the soil below, it transfer load to the columns, so you all need soil test to determine the depth and size of your footings
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
More updates

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by taiwo92(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
hello guys please am looking for where I can work either as graduate intern or site engineer. am a graduate of civil engineering and rounding up my NYSC march 2017. thanks
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by karleone(m): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Foundation type: isolated pad footings and grade beam.

The isolated pad footings have the following properties.
Depth of footings = minimum of 1200mm
Width of foot = minimum of 1200mm
Isolated pad base reinforcement = 12mm high yield bar.
Spacing of isolated pad base = 200mm c/c.

Starter columns :
Columns height = 2.4m
Reinforcement type = 16mm high yield bar
Size of column section = 450 x 225mm
Number of main bar in column = 6 Y16
Links size = 8mm high yield
Spacing of links = 200mm center to centers

The choice of foundation was influenced by the following.
1. The land use relatively flat.
2. The soil is relatively firm clay.
3. The building floor loading intensity is relatively light.
4. The work is an extension where digging of strip will not be too good for the structural integrity of the existing building.

Can you, please, elaborate on the bolded?
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 5:33pm On Jan 27, 2017
karleone:

Can you, please, elaborate on the bolded?

I mean the depth of the foundation from the surface is 1200mm. Note, not the depth of the isolated footings which is 450mm

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by karleone(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I mean the depth of the foundation from the surface is 1200mm. Note, not the depth of the isolated footings which is 450mm

Ok, Thanks.

Been long I saw your construction update. Nothing in the offer at the moment?
By the way, I would like to learn how to make quotation for buildings. Is it something I can learn from you/your team?
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
karleone:

Ok, Thanks.

Been long I saw your construction update. Nothing in the offer at the moment?
By the way, I would like to learn how to make quotation for buildings. Is it something I can learn from you/your team?

I am currently working on a new project and very busy at the moment.... When I have the time I will update as always.

Building quotation is something you can learn here and based on experience. When u have the time I will put you through in any little ways I can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by karleone(m): 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I am currently working on a new project and very busy at the moment.... When I have the time I will update as always.

Building quotation is something you can learn here and based on experience. When u have the time I will put you through in any little ways I can

Thank you so much for the offer.

I am ever ready.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abouzaid: 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2017
twinskenny:
fine thank you sir
which number can i use to get you on Whatsapp, it's extremely urgent.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by twinskenny(m): 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
abouzaid:
which number can i use to get you on Whatsapp, it's extremely urgent.

08051355133 whatsapp
Call this 08140232624

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abouzaid: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
twinskenny:

08051355133 whatsapp Call this 08140232624
thanks a million
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by Okeseni(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2017
Good day ! have reached u through mail but i could not get it through, i have a question over one of article you composed ''Proper Analysis of design and cost of a foundation design for boungalow''
There i found shrinkage and wastage of 25% to increase the volume of concrete, which you later calculated as: 1.25 (25%) x (girth x width of the trench x thickness of the foundation footing).
Here, i want to know if 25% was 1.25 in conversion ?
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by dennax(m): 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
i like d professionalism displayed, kep it up
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by jabolo(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Anambra extention work.
For this particular job, we will be managing the construction as a consultant performing the following task.
1. Preparation of the designs, 3 Ds, working drawings and structural designs.

2. Responsible for the setting out

3. Come in at every important stage of the job like setting out, casting of dpc, preparation of reinforcement etc.

4. Reviewing construction work from day to day through whatsapp pictures and chat.

The client was responsible for the following.
1. Assembly of all artisan, labour, materials etc.

I might need a visit to PH on a project to examine the setting out once its done - one day trip. Perhaps later again before the foundation pour.

Is this a viable service for you?

Thanks.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
jabolo:

I might need a visit to PH on a project to examine the setting out once its done - one day trip. Perhaps later again before the foundation pour.

Is this a viable service for you?

Thanks.

You can Contact us at 08169492682 on whatapps for better discussion
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 10:28am On Apr 25, 2017
Here is another beautiful project design and built up to Decking level by Harney projects.

Scope of work includes the following;
1. Design of four bedroom duplex
2. First phase construction from setting out to decking level
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by eazyway212: 10:38pm On May 28, 2017
For your soil tests ; contact me, Engr. Ezekiel@ 08060244464.....We deliver in all types of soil tests
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by joseph1013: 6:14pm On May 31, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Preparation of our starter bar for stair case. This building has three stairs with the following information.
Width of stair = 900mm

Please explain this. How does it became a staircase like this?
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by tushbobo(m): 7:15pm On May 31, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Two course of block was built over the grade beam to help raise the building floor level in other to prevent against flooding

Correct! Course not coach as almost everyone calls it.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City,lagos, New Constructed Artificial Water-way / Ghanaian Man Excited At Mansion His Brother Built For Him While He Was Abroad / Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.