Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,326 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? (1490 Views)

Photos Of Babies Sleeping In Strange Ways Shock Twitter Users / Why Do Babies Cry? / Why Do Babies Smile In Their Sleep? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 28, 2016
It is a mind blowing experience watching a baby grow up from been an infant to adolescent. But one thing have always keep me wondering each time a baby is been bath for.

When you are washing up a baby during bath,the baby would start crying and at times pushing away your hand. Also at times when the baby see the bath bowl he would start crying and refuse to take his bath and at other times when a child see a medicine that you are about to give to him he would start crying or simply protest the punishment that was misconceived by his young mind by refusing to open his mouth.

There was a time a neighbour gave birth to a bouncing baby boy,even before the doc came to announced the good news,we all heard the crie's of the infant.

What can be the cause of the cry because I just couldn't figure out why or the reasons for the cry,afterall the baby is been cared for.

Any doc,nurse,midwife or paediatrician on nairaland reading this should please kindly proffer answers to my genuine questions. Thanks...
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by eshietIntrepid(m): 11:21am On Jul 28, 2016
Why won't u cry when u discover what u will go through in life.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2016
While in the womb, babies get oxygen from their mothers through the placenta.

When they are born and they cry, they take in oxygen and from there, they start breathing on their own for the first time.

That's why the first cry is so important and in the case where a baby doesn't cry, the doctors spank the baby's behind lightly to make it cry.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
Fabulocity:

When they are born and they cry, they take in oxygen and from there, they start breathing on their own for the first time.

That's why the first cry is so important and in the case where a baby doesn't cry, the doctors spank the baby's behind lightly to make it cry.
Are you a doc,because your comment do make a lot of sense. Thanks for the enlightenment fabulocity wink
Fabulocity:

Are you a doc,because your comment do make a lot of sense. Thanks for the enlightenment fabulocity
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by duchessxino(f): 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
Babies cries immediately after birth because of two reasons
1. First time taking in oxygen.
2. Change of environment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
You're welcome smiley
No, I'm not a doc
I just know a lot
dachuchi7:
Are you a doc,because your comment do make a lot of sense. Thanks for the enlightenment fabulocity winkAre you a doc,because your comment do make a lot of sense. Thanks for the enlightenment fabulocity
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 30, 2016
Fabulocity:
You're welcome smiley No, I'm not a doc I just know a lot
what are you feeling like?
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 30, 2016
Well to me, the reason babies cry when they are given birth to, is becaus the blood in their mother's womb enters into their eyes, so the EYE COM DEY PEPE them. dats why they cry.
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by MrPresident1: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2016
Actually, the first intake of oxygen oxidises the delicate linings of their respiratory apparatus, so the impulse reaction is to cry at the pain of the slight burning , which does not last long but normalises shortly afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 30, 2016
An enlightened soul smiley
SAINTSAMURAI:
what are you feeling like?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 30, 2016
Babies now cry excesively because of Buharitocrasism grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Jochebed7(f): 10:49am On Jul 30, 2016
;DAm sure if you'd just been squeezed through such a narrow canal, you'd cry too
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 30, 2016
Jochebed7:
;DAm sure if you'd just been squeezed through such a narrow canal, you'd cry too
for real!
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2016
All that contributed so far by commenting i warmly appreciate your great answers but I quite agree with fabulocity opinion due to the oxygen thing. Thanks Nairalanders!
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by phykiesexy: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
Well to me, the reason babies cry when they are given birth to, is becaus the blood in their mother's womb enters into their eyes, so the EYE COM DEY PEPE them. dats why they cry.

Lolz. What of baby through Caesarian Section (CS) nko? Dey still cry too. I guess u were trying to be funny!
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Exponental(m): 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
They announce their arrival by the inconveniency ..... The ones that don't cry, they get spanked.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Fadamant: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
MrPresident1:
Actually, the first intake of oxygen oxidises the delicate linings of their respiratory apparatus, so the impulse reaction is to cry at the pain of the slight burning , which does not last long but normalises shortly afterwards.

Meet the scientist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by mrwonlasewonie: 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Fabulocity:
An enlightened soul smiley
epic response grin
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by thelish(f): 4:25am On Jul 31, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:

hahhahahaha. blood of Moses.
still laughing so hard
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 31, 2016
To expel the amniotic fluid from the lungs, inflate the pulmonary parenchyma (lung structure) and initiate pulmonary vasodilation, shunting more blood to the lungs to carry oxygen. Holding the baby upside down helps with this. It is very important that the baby cries in the immediate period after it is born.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by nipora519(f): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2016
Farmerforlife:
To expel the amniotic fluid from the lungs, inflate the pulmonary parenchyma (lung structure) and initiate pulmonary vasodilation, shunting more blood to the lungs to carry oxygen. Holding the baby upside down helps with this. It is very important that they baby cries in the immediate period after it is born.
Nice one bro...... You nailed it
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
nipora519:
Nice one bro...... You nailed it
great illustration and epic analysis. Thanks 4 the eye opening info.
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
Farmerforlife:
To expel the amniotic fluid from the lungs, inflate the pulmonary parenchyma (lung structure) and initiate pulmonary vasodilation, shunting more blood to the lungs to carry oxygen. Holding the baby upside down helps with this. It is very important that the baby cries in the immediate period after it is born.
what an epic medical analysis,thanks doc wink
Farmerforlife:
what an epic medical analysis,thanks doc
Re: Why Do Babies Cry When They Are Just Born? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
dachuchi7:
what an epic medical analysis,thanks doc winkwhat an epic medical analysis,thanks doc

Lol, I am not a doctor.
Didnt you see my moniker?
I have vet training, close physiologically.

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Never To Give Your Kids Religious Name. / My Wife Is Proving To Be Stubborn / Is It Right For You To Be Eating With Your Wife In Same Plate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.