Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water (11038 Views)

Yahaya Bello Builds A Mansion In Okene, Converts Street Entrance To Private Gate / Uche Ogah Builds A Church In Uturu, Abia (Photos) / 14 Pictures You'll Relate To If You're Living A "Generator" Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by mrvitalis(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2016
macluvph1:

You are a BONAFIDE yoruba man claiming ibo but spend most of your time in PH.

Also affiliated to the Nigerian force.

Do you want more information about you.

If you need more about yourself that i know, i can send that to your private mail.

Don't ask me how i come about to know this but as "N K said he will destroy Naija with the truth and technology.

Have a nice day.
Lol.. I dare you to tell me my full name then we would know if am igbo or not
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by virus05(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2016
naturalwaves:

Damn! Tribal bigot! This is not about tribe. I do not know why you see things only from tribal perspectives. I have alot of igbo friends that are very sound academically and are doing good for themselves. Even on this forum, I have a lot of them. I have met a couple of gifted guys from UNN that studied engineering and they are quite good. I have met guys from ATBU and some wonderful northern versities too... So, no hating on any tribe. What I have there is just an objective analysis of what was done.
yoloba. go do ur own. .... E pain am grin
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by EzeNri(m): 11:53am On Jul 30, 2016
kayfra:

Explain your process more. Any prototypes?
it is a classified research, so don't expect me to be elaborate.

To drive an engine with water, we try to mimic a petrol engine. You know petrol is able to power an engine becos it is volatile, it evaporates at any temporate. This gas is then collected in a chamber where it is combusted under pressure. The expansion of the gas is what pushes the piston down, to a mechanical movement.

So to simulate this with water, then you have to convert water to gas. The question now is, is it possible to convert water into gas? Yeah. We converted water into 2 different gases. Luckily for us, one of the gas was combustible. So we combusted the two gases under great pressure, and luckily for us again, it expanded. This expansion can push down a piston to 180%. But the challenge now is, how do we get the other 180% degree? We were working on that when the programme was shut down.

Believe me, one day, engine will run on water. I'll be mch happier if we can generate electricity from it. To me, it will be easier to generate electricity from water than using it to propel an automobile. But how mch electricity in MW can it generate. That is what I don't know.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by kayfra: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
EzeNri:

To drive an engine with water, we try to mimic a petrol engine. You know petrol is able to power an engine becos it is volatile, it evaporates at any temporate. This gas is then collected in a chamber where it is combusted under pressure. The expansion of the gas is what pushes the piston down, to a mechanical movement.

So to simulate this with water, then you have to convert water to gas. The question now is, is it possible to convert water into gas? Yeah. We converted water into 2 different gases. Luckily for us, one of the gas was combustible. So we combusted the two gases under great pressure, and luckily for us again, it expanded. This expansion can push down a piston to 180%. But the challenge now is, how do we get the other 180% degree? We were working on that when the programme was shut down.

Believe me, one day, engine will run on water. I'll be mch happier if we can generate electricity from it. To me, it will be easier to generate electricity from water than using it to propel an automobile. But how mch electricity in MW can it generate. That is what I don't know.

Sorry to break it to you, but this has been around since the 19th century. It only lost favor to our current internal combustion engines

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_car
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by macluvph1(m): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol.. I dare you to tell me my full name then we would know if am igbo or not

Relax, when the need comes up you will know.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by mrvitalis(m): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
macluvph1:

Relax, when the need comes up you will know.
Go n sleep
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by nigerianvenom(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
naturalwaves:
The video itself reeks of magomago. The bulb was not well litted and the area containing the battery was no longer shown the moment he was putting in the water. How are we sure the battery was initially well connected. Moreover, why power with a mere bulb? Why not show us how it is connected to standard electrical appliances? Why use a regular 60watts bulb? Not hating.... The video makes no sense, the video lacks objectivity and credibility, poor demonstrations and mind you, I have done better things than that to illusrate electrical principles, open and closed curcuits, indicators way back in secondary school days(cos some people will quote me to ask me what I have done ). This one is a no no......... The whole process and demonstration looks huruhuru. Secondary school students do better illustrations.
The device itself is just big for nothing cos people power bulbs with smaller set ups. I am sure that he would have shown it if the big for nothing device can power electrical appliances aside the bulb. Dude said it is still in the making. Why not wait till when you are done to show it?

I watched it earlier dis week on channels TV
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by EzeNri(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
kayfra:

Sorry to break it to you, but this has been around since the 19th century. It only lost favor to our current internal combustion engines

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_car
Steam engine is an external combustion system. The rushing steam into the cylinder is what moves the piston.

But what am talking abt is internal combustion. Water is converted into an inflamable gas a spark plug ignites. The burning gas in a combustion chamber expands, thereby pushing down the piston. You knw steam is not combustible, it can't burn. Rather you convert it into form that can be ignited by a spark plug.

I know about steam engine. Am not talking abt the shouting, smoking giant dinosaur. Am talking abt an internal combustion system.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by naturalwaves: 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
nigerianvenom:

I watched it earlier dis week on channels TV
Okay.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by naturalwaves: 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
virus05:
yoloba. go do ur own. .... E pain am grin
cheesy smh. I honestly do not know why people are always making segregations here.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by Metallurgist: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
EzeNri:

It is really very possible. For the past few years, I have been part of a team researching on a hydro powered engine. We aint interested in the water, but the constituent elements of water. We are interested only in the Hydrogen and oxygen. Splitting Hydrogen can release an unimaginable quantum of energy. Harnessing the released energy requires a huge and complex infrastructure. The infrastructure might not be reducible to fit into an automobile.

To deal with this, a new approach will be adopted. Convert the water into gas and combust the gas in a combustion chamber with another inflamble gas gotten from splitting water. The problem now is, it takes time to combust the gas to the temp capable of causing the gas to expand. Its this expansion that causes the piston to a mechanical movement. Another limitation is that u need a lot of water to cause this mechanical movement.

For me, I think we should just forget abt water powered automobile engine and concentrate on the possibility of generating electricity from hydrogen. Then return to the former later.

One day, energy will definitely be gotten from water. When that happens, I just want SE to lead in that technology. My dream is a city powered by energy gotten from splitted hydrogen.

Just imagine

Don't say it is not possible. Where two or more Igbomen gathers, anything is possible. If we can build advance land mines and anti aircraft projectile from just broken bottle and stones. Then what is in this.

GoodLuck to Emeka.
Little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but when couple with ego it became fatal, one good Nairaland scientists have already said water is a product of combustion, and splitting the atoms of water is not possible for a backyard inventor, @ op millions of IBO's have gathered in south east and still the presidency elude them. and Biafra
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by Metallurgist: 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
EzeNri:

what an idi0t, there is a thing called steam engine and crankshaft and that what you just explained, using steam to turn piston, into input stroke and output stroke for a complete 360 revolution. hmm classified research, classify my A$$

1 Like

Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by oluwafreshkid(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
mrvitalis:
When u mean run on water u mean using water as fuel?? That's impossible it can't happen... Water is a product of combustion so can't combust again
If u mean water as a means of driving the armature then that's will be very in efficient because u will have to put more energy that u get as stated in the second law of thermodynamics (that's what we do in dams and turbines since the excess energy is natural we fan afford to waste it)

It is possible... my former boss, the HOD of PHC Odogbolu LGA, runs his cars on water. I mean his 2 cars and 1 generator at home. Although it's a bit expensive to build. You can get DIY instructions online too.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by mrvitalis(m): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

It is possible... my former boss, the HOD of PHC Odogbolu LGA, runs his cars on water. I mean his 2 cars and 1 generator at home. Although it's a bit expensive to build. You can get DIY instructions online too.
Bro it is impossible... If ur boss actually dose that tell him to forward it for consideration for Nobel price
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by kayfra: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
EzeNri:

Steam engine is an external combustion system. The rushing steam into the cylinder is what moves the piston.

But what am talking abt is internal combustion. Water is converted into an inflamable gas a spark plug ignites. The burning gas in a combustion chamber expands, thereby pushing down the piston. You knw steam is not combustible, it can't burn. Rather you convert it into form that can be ignited by a spark plug.

I know about steam engine. Am not talking abt the shouting, smoking giant dinosaur. Am talking abt an internal combustion system.

You have to split water into it's individual elementss using some form of electrolyte and then use hydrogen for combustion. You need as much energy to split the water up than the energy you will get from the engine that's even with 100% efficiency I.e no heat lost.

Not practical at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by Ritchiee: 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=EzeNri post=48020417]
Sometimes I wonder why pple sometimes become unnecessarily mischievous. I'll only reply your claim of Yorubas controlling 70% of ICT in Nigeria. The Yorubas are trying but shouldn't arrogate to themselves 70% because they are miles away from it.

Let me bust ur bubble with 2005 statistics.

Nigeria's Top Software Earners
NUMBER - COMPANY - CEO - INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE - TURNOVER (Naira' Millions)
1 Computer Warehouse - Austin Okere - 18 - 498.2
2 SystemSpecs - John Obaro - 20 - 450
3 Socket Works - Alloy Chife - 15 - 260
4 Infosoft - Pius Okigbo Jnr. - 14 - 250
5 Infographics - Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu - 14 - 250
6 Progenics - Anthony Udoh - 20 - 218
7 Connect Tech. - Chris Uwaje - 30 - 200
8 CSA - Simeon Agu - 34 - 200
9 Sasware Ltd. - Adanma Ounegbu - 8 - 200
10 Signal Alliance Group - Collins Onuegbu - 16 - 200
11 Gen. Computers - Debola Ogunsina - 20 - 150
12 Innovative Systems - Ernest Aghanenu - 26 - 115
13 Allied Soft Ltd. - Chuma Ofoche - 9 - 114
14 Peers Consulting - Kole Jagun - 17 - 80
15 Labyet Polaris - Olaide Ayodele - 11 - 75
16 Precise Fin. Sys. - Yele Okeremi - 17 - 65
17 Condata Systems - Chris Nwannenna - 25 - 40
18 BSSL - James Emadoye - 20 - 30.5
19 Para Systems - Paul Nwagbraocha - 14 - 27
20 Magbel Technology - Atanmi Lekan - 16 - 15.2
21 E-Tranzact - Valentine Obi - 14 - 12
22 Odusoft Consult - Sola Odukoya - 17 - 12
23 Programos Amos - Emmanuel - 20 - 10
24 IE Tech - Efe Emore - 14 - 10
25 Pocket Intelligence - Tunji Durodola - 25 - 8.2
26 Qrios - Mosh Adetoro - 6 - 8
27 Icap - Chike Uwangwu - 11 - 7.5
28 Websoft - Johnson Dunmoye - 6 - 6
29 Globenet Tech. - Peter Arabome - 9 - 5
30 E-Softies - Nweike Onwuyali - 15 - 2.5
31 Ectel Systems - Gboyega Odumuyiwa - 3

Research on 2016 statistics and u will marvel. But lemme help you with SystemSpec alone.

As of 2016, SystemSpec is the best software company in Nigeria. But do you who their Lead Software Engineer is? Uchenna Okpagu, while Joshua Ochoge is their Senior Java Developer.

I just used the software industry as a case study. The fact that almost all Software companies are in Lagos doesn't mean the Yorubas owe them. Most of them are owned by the Igbos. Nigeria was systematically skewed to make the Eastern companies dependent on Lagos.

When u talk abt print media, we as well make wave. As of 2016, Igbos owe:

The Authority, Mirror founded by Obasi now
acquired by Jimoh, the Telegraph (Nwuke), Sun, Daily Champion, Bussiness Hallmark, Complete Sports, The Awareness, ThisDay, Daily Times, and host of others. Of all the whole print media in the country, The Sun is the best and largest selling paper with 80% sales.

Disembark from your ignorance. Thanks[/quote
]
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by Ritchiee: 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
EzeNri:

Sometimes I wonder why pple sometimes become unnecessarily mischievous. I'll only reply your claim of Yorubas controlling 70% of ICT in Nigeria. The Yorubas are trying but shouldn't arrogate to themselves 70% because they are miles away from it.

Research on 2016 statistics and u will marvel. But lemme help you with SystemSpec alone.

As of 2016, SystemSpec is the best software company in Nigeria. But do you who their Lead Software Engineer is? Uchenna Okpagu, while Joshua Ochoge is their Senior Java Developer.

I just used the software industry as a case study. The fact that almost all Software companies are in Lagos doesn't mean the Yorubas owe them. Most of them are owned by the Igbos. Nigeria was systematically skewed to make the Eastern companies dependent on Lagos.

The Authority, Mirror founded by Obasi now acquired by Jimoh, the Telegraph (Nwuke), Sun, Daily Champion, Bussiness Hallmark, Complete Sports, The Awareness, ThisDay, Daily Times, and host of others. Of all the whole print media in the country, The Sun is the best and largest selling paper with 80% sales.

Disembark from your ignorance. Thanks

lol
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro it is impossible... If ur boss actually dose that tell him to forward it for consideration for Nobel price

He didn't invent it... these are patented inventions. There's more to this than I can possibly explain. Do you think any government will allow cars run on water?

Try Google... it's illegal to modify you engine to run on water
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by oluwafreshkid(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by EzeNri(m): 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
kayfra:

You have to split water into it's individual elementss using some form of electrolyte and then use hydrogen for combustion. You need as much energy to split the water up than the energy you will get from the engine that's even with 100% efficiency I.e no heat lost.

Not practical at the moment.
No engine is 100% efficient. U don't need that mch energy to split water into the constituent elements. Again, it wasn't hydrogen that we combusted. Yeah, we lost some energy through heat, but the engine holds potential, than we even anticipated.

Am impressed. U are an intelligent fellow.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by EzeNri(m): 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
Metallurgist:
what an idi0t, there is a thing called steam engine and crankshaft and that what you just explained, using steam to turn piston, into input stroke and output stroke for a complete 360 revolution. hmm classified research, classify my A$$
You just called me an idiot. No shaking.

For the record, am not talking abt steam engine. I guess u didn't go through my previous post before typing this. Am talking abt an internal combustion engine.

U don't have to insult to make a point. What you don't knw, you don't knw.

you claim to be a metallurgist but I guess you can't construct a simple block engine. U can't even get the correct alloy that can withstand the amount of heat generated in the combustion chamber, as well as the pressure exerted on the walls of the chamber by the gas.

Next time u criticise, make sure u are properly informed.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by sweetgala(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
obailala:
The battery powers the bulb... the water probably serves as a conducting medium, not a combustible fuel. The young man seems to have talents, I've come across some of his works sometime before, but a generator running on water is not physically possible. A lot of people would be deceived by this though, even some uni trained engineers would fall for this.

It is very possible and has been shown before through the principle of ionization of water particles . This is not a new thing however I'm not too sure in this case a 60w bulb is adequate to test the effectiveness of the machine.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by Flashh: 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
I don't believe.
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by Ritchiee: 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
EzeNri:

The Authority, Mirror founded by Obasi now acquired by Jimoh, the Telegraph (Nwuke), Sun, Daily Champion, Bussiness Hallmark, Complete Sports, The Awareness, ThisDay, Daily Times, and host of others. Of all the whole print media in the country, The Sun is the best and largest selling paper with 80% sales.

Disembark from your ignorance. Thanks
I replied from an android but an error occurred. GO TO THIS THREAD AND GET TO KNOW MORE FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2674858/yorubas-cornered-nigerias-ict-sector

[b]EXCERPTS:

Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Eziokwu1: 7:38am On Oct 19, 2015
I can't help but notice the Yoruba domination of Nigeria's growing IT sector. For those who don't know, It meant Information Technology.
More than 80% of the country's new start up programmes, media houses, Websites, Newest innovations in ICT, E-commerce (Jumia, Deal Dey, Jobberman, Konga and the rest Etc)and especially the computer based Information technology sector have some form of Yoruba presence.

I am not cooking this up, I am talking from real experience here as I work in this sector, most of my good friends and co-workers are Yoruba, same goes for most other tech companies and startups, including those getting massive endorsements and money from abroad. While I don't think this is a bad thing I am just interested in knowing why and/or how come?

(Quote) (Report) 11 Likes (Like) (Share)

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Eziokwu1: 7:39am On Oct 19, 2015

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by madridguy(m): 7:40am On Oct 19, 2015
Ok

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by braine: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2015
I guess we have. Other tribes have a good number of IT professionals tho.

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) (Share)
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Eziokwu1: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2015

braine:
I guess we have. Other tribes have a good number of IT professionals tho.

I am not saying other ethnic groups don't have a representation at all.
But in my opinion, Yorubas who supposedly make up 21% of Nigeria, make up probably 70% of Nigeria's new generation of aspiring ICT technocrats.

(Quote) (Report) 8 Likes (Like) (Share)
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by olaric(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2015
I guess you want to call that marginalisation. I think it shows how massively underrated the Yorubas are.

(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Eziokwu1: 7:52am On Oct 19, 2015

olaric:
I guess you want to call that marginalisation. I think it shows how massively underrated the Yorubas are.

Is it because of the Lagos factor?
please be objective.

(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by sammyj: 8:01am On Oct 19, 2015
Let the other tribe put more effort to catch up because ICT is the future 9f this country !!!!

(Quote) (Report) 6 Likes (Like) (Share) [/b]
Re: Anambra Man Builds A Generator That Runs On Water by LoveDecay(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
tdayof:
Congrats. However this isn't new. I have seen alot of it.

Na my problem be that. Everything Ibo manufactured this or that .... all this na copy and paste.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA / Female Suicide Bomber Kills 10 Worshippers In Maiduguri Mosque / 3000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Ortom's LGA In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.