Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Bank Transaction Fraud Alert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bank Transaction Fraud Alert (512 Views)

EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) / Fraud Alert! Gtbank *737# Is Very Risky. / MMM Fraud Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bank Transaction Fraud Alert by scopeman24(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2016
Please this is a true story which happened just few days ago. My friend advertised for sale of a car and put the price at N2,700,000.00 . A prospective customer called and was given direction on how to get to where the car was parked. He observed the car and informed my friend that he was heading to the bank to make payment and that she should assemble the document ready for collection as soon as payment is made. Shortly after that alert came to my friend's phone and few minutes after the alert the customer came and all the paper plus the car was handed over to him and he left. To my friends greatest shock, she went to the bank and could not find any money and the bank said that the alert did not come from them. My friend is planning to go to court with her bank. The advice is that alert is no longer a confirmation of payment. Please let's all be careful when doing transactions especially this season n now in this technology crazy generation. God be with us all.
Re: Bank Transaction Fraud Alert by Artistree: 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
A any bank alert MUST show your balance else...na scam!

(1) (Reply)

If Boko Haram Kills Christian, We’ll Slay Muslims, Raze Mosques – Nd Militants / Thief Breaks Shop From Underground To Steal Groceries / See 37 Robbers, 39 Cultists, Nine Kidnappers, Eight Rapists Caught By Police!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.