Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out (1524 Views)

Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke Mistakenly Executed In Indonesia Over Drugs / Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers / Osmane, Ejike And Titus-Igweh Before They Were Executed In Indonesia (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out by annnikky(f): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
A Nigerian man who is on death row in Indonesia for drug trafficking says the country has a morbid hatred for black people and wants to kill him unjustly.

Humphrey Ejike Jefferson Eleweke, a Nigerian man who could face the marksmen tomorrow, Friday, July 29, 2016, after he was sentenced to death on charges of drug trafficking by an Indonesian court, says he and other Nigerians and black people on the death row, are marked for death because they are black people, The Age News reports

Eleweke, who is one of the four Nigerians who are up for execution, after the country's president, Joko Widodo, refused to grant them amnesty, have been transferred to Nusakambangan prison island where the country normally puts convicts to death, is still insisting on his innocence and has refused to sign his execution papers in protest.

The 14 death row prisoners, mostly from Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, India and Indonesia, were on Tuesday, July 26, told they had 72 hours to live, and will be tied to the stakes by Friday.

But after several last minute appeals for a stay of execution failed to sway Widodo, a human rights group, Community Legal Aid Institute, got to Elewekeand some of the convicts who said they are being killed because they are blacks and believed they had been unfairly targeted.

The Institute Director and Jefferson's lawyer, Ricky Gunawan, said the convict told him he is innocent of the crime he has been convicted of.

"The Indonesian government just hate us, they want to kill us because we are black," Elewekewas reported as telling Gunawan.

Gunawan told reporters:

"While Mr Eleweke hoped for a miracle, he was aware it was unlikely, given Indonesians blame Africans for bringing much of the illegal drugs into the country.

Mr Eleweke's trial judgement included the statement that black-skinned people from Nigeria are under surveillance by police because they are suspected of drug trafficking in Indonesia."

"His case was one of those highlighted in the Amnesty International report 'When Justice Fails', which raised concerns about his lack of access to a lawyer at the time of his arrest, torture and the impartiality of the court process."

http://pulse.ng/gist/discrimination-they-want-to-kill-me-because-i-am-black-nigerian-sentenced-to-death-in-indonesia/

Re: They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out by soberdrunk(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Oga while i sympathize with you, even though i dont know whether you are guilty or innocent, i dont think race has anything to do with. Uncle Widodo dey kill anybody way put hand 4 drug matter oooo! When i know say Uncle dodo nor get joy nah when he kill Australians even with all the pressure from der Prime minister. I wonder the kain hustle way dey carry people go "Indonesia" sef?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nonsense,Humphrey Ejike Jefferson Eleweke.Indonesians do not need your help to develop their nation.
"The Indonesian government just hate us, they want to kill us because we are black,"
Victim mentality is ingrained into the souls of these Ugandans.

3 Likes

Re: They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out by Royalfurnitures: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
Oga, there are many nigerians in Indonesia and why haven't they be accused of drugs. Racist have nothing to do with this, you knew Indonesia is against drug and you still went there to sell coke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out by annnikky(f): 10:06am On Jul 30, 2016
May ur soul rest in peace undecided
Re: They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out by chidozieikeji2: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Nonsense,Humphrey Ejike Jefferson Eleweke.Indonesians do not need your help to develop their nation.
"The Indonesian government just hate us, they want to kill us because we are black,"
u are an stupid for that ur comment u sit down here and type nonsense don't be fast to judge because u don't know tomorrow receive sense
Re: They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out by chidozieikeji2: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hagm0nd:
u are stupid for that ur comment u sit down here and type nonsense don't be fast to judge because u don't know tomorrow receive sense
Re: They Want To Kill Me Because Am Black- Ejike Eleweke Cries Out by nairagossip1: 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
hmmm ok

(1) (Reply)

I Killed My Husband Because, Her Refused To Give Me #500 (woman Confessed) / Popular Akwa Ibom Militant 'iso Akpafit' Killied By Nigerian Army / Massive Jubilation As Notorious Cultist Is Gunned Down In Delta State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.