Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! (56455 Views)

7 Super Reasons Why You Must Begin Using WHATSAPP To Generate Steady Income / 10 Reasons Why Nigerians Must Start Affiliate Marketin Business Today / 10 Reasons Why Nigerians Must Start Affiliate Marketing Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Standing5(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
DirtyGold:

Bro, I didnt start now neither am I looking to start now because I started around 2010 and I understand what the journey has been like. I also know and work with those who started in 'this' economy and what they are facing...

Motivation has its place but reality is superior. So, I guess it is left to those reading to figure out how to juxtapose the inspiration from this thread and how much their appetite for risk is.

Besides, success 'stories' are sweeter when told by successful people because you only hear about an elaborate narration of every bit of 'hardship' they experienced while they willfully leave out what was going well for them especially the resources, people and support they had.

And my point is, be realistic, properly examine the bulshit that might be driving you and always remember that doing business is an investment and there are no guarantees especially as a startup.

If anyone is discouraged by my lil talk, it simply means, that that idea and the drive to see a business succeed is not mature enough and I just saved you from a failed business.

What's tha business?
I am with you man. That OP is like those guys who sell books on how to become a millionaire in motor parks. If the books work 5% in their live they won't be selling it in motor parks.
How do you compare an industrialist who has to juggle the task of generating his own power at 4 times the industrial rate and running his business to another in China or Ghana who gets his own power 4 or 5 times cheaper at his meter and brings his/her products to you doorstep cheaper than you produce yours?
The OP is one of those textbook heavyweight who combine factor of production on paper and not in workshop.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
OLAJADON:

please sir,can i get your whatsapp number.

you can get my number from my profile but not everyone can chat with me on whatsapp. i add my chat details to most of my guides. i wish you success
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nafizzey:
Great points Sir. I will be glad if you will help me a job seeker with a copy of your import guide ..

reach me on my phone number. your success is my pride.
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by 2sexynet: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Vanillaskin:

OK then, recommend freelancing sites.
follow this lady @ladywriter. she has a thread on writing.
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by DirtyGold: 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Standing5:
I am with you man. That OP is like those guys who sell books on how to become a millionaire in motor parks. If the books work 5% their lives won't be selling at motor parks.
How do you compare an industrialist who has to juggle the task of generating his own power at 4 times the industrial rate and running his business to another in China or Ghana who gets his own power 4 or 5 times cheaper at his meter and brings his/her products to you doorstep cheaper than you produce yours?
The OP is one of those textbook heavyweight who combine factor of production on paper and not in workshop.
Word! People need to face the reality and listen to those who have the experience. The dynamics on the field is quite different from wishful thinking that move people to start businesses and all these feel-good talks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by GreatManBee: 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
importexpert:
Despite all the economic woes and business/industrial downsizing, Nigerians are still blindly searching for jobs as a result of a burning fear in their minds that whisper failure to them when ever they think of being creative and do something personal. it is on this note i decide to write this to help wash away the fear that is buried deep within our minds.

"Less than 1% of people have the courage to face their fears, take risks, create their own businesses, change their lifestyles and become an entrepreneur."

Everyone experiences fear in their lives, even the most successful entrepreneurs out there. The people who became entrepreneurs have had to face and overcome their fears before they became entrepreneurs. But most people can't overcome this fear, so they carry on living ordinary lives working for the boss. even Dangote and otedola suffers such fear a lot.

Fear can take many forms such as being afraid to change, being afraid of the outcome of failure, being afraid of what others think you are doing etc. Fear also disguises itself as excuses, for instance 'I'm not ready to start my own business because I don't have time'. Underneath this excuse is fear.

I am here to share with you 3 Key Concepts that will gradually diminish the fear of becoming an entrepreneur.

THE VISION CONCEPT

Having a Vision of how you want to live your life as an entrepreneur is a powerful concept. Creating a vision first starts with realizing what you really want your life to be like in the future. You will start to focus on the thing that is driving you, and this will be a big part of your Courage and Motivation to take the leap into entrepreneurship.

Creating a vision will not only drive you to achieve what you want, but your fear of achieving it will start to naturally fade away because there is no stopping if you have a powerful vision backing you up.

THE BELIEF CONCEPT

Having a strong Belief goes hand in hand with your vision. You can have a great vision, but if you don't Really believe in it, you can't be an entrepreneur.

To really believe in something means that you will continue to pursue your belief no matter what struggles you will face to get there, and even more importantly no matter who tells you that it can't be done or it's not possible.

A strong belief will not get rid of your fear completely, but it will allow you to face it, and overtime your fear of becoming an entrepreneur will start to fade away.

THE ACTION CONCEPT

The last piece of the puzzle is taking Action.

If you haven't developed a vision and belief system, then at some point in time you will give up because your mind-set is not in the right place. When your mind-set is built up and ready to go, then it's time to apply yourself as an entrepreneur.

Once you start taking consistent action in your life and business, overtime you will start to see results, your motivation will improve and most importantly your fear will get to a point where it seems like it doesn't even exist anymore.

Remember the 3 Key Concepts

1. Create a Vision of what you want
2. Have the Belief that you can achieve it
3. Take Action to get there

lastly i will conclude with a saying that i find in almost all inspirational/motivational, self improvement and financial books i have read. it was in "the richest man in babylon, you were born rich, think and grow rich, greatest sales man in the world, rich dad poor dad, ziglar's you can reach the top" and so on. it goes as . . . . .

Never Allow The Fear Of Failing Surpass The Joy/Happiness That Comes With Succeeding.

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Large32(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
That's really Motivational. Keep it up.
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Ralphdan(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Who says that Nigerians are afraid of entrepreneurship? I dnt think they are i think the capital factor has been the problem all the while.
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by ogaprime(m): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
importexpert:

lastly i will conclude with a saying that i find in almost all inspirational/motivational, self improvement and financial books i have read. it was in "the richest man in babylon, you were born rich, think and grow rich, greatest sales man in the world, rich dad poor dad, ziglar's you can reach the top" and so on. [b]it goes as . . . . .

Sir, how can I get those books...maybe pdfs or ebooks...

Nice encouraging post sir...
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by importexpert(m): 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
ogaprime:

Sir, how can I get those books...maybe pdfs or ebooks...

Nice encouraging post sir...

I strongly suggest u get the hard copies coz their is nothing like reading d hard copies. I have d ebooks but I only glance through them to c which hard copy I should buy
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by BlackBaron: 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
The truth is that the business environment in Nigeria is one of the worst on the planet.
Couple weak laws with uneven policies, security and added to the latest volatile exchange rates, you'll wonder how most entreprenuers can scale past this issues.

The greatest of all limiting factors are electricity, corruption and access to capital. Ideally the private sector would have been able to recruit a bulk of employees rather than the government but with the wrong environment, very few are able to expand large enough to sustain significant employees.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by ogaprime(m): 12:32am On Jul 29, 2016
importexpert:

I strongly suggest u get the hard copies coz their is nothing like reading d hard copies. I have d ebooks but I only glance through them to c which hard copy I should buy

Thanks sir, the problem now is bookshop aint reliable to get hard copies of books you mentioned...
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 29, 2016
RebelChip:
Hmmm.... People should be wary of this import-asspert oo. The only thing this guy knows about is how to sell e-books! I have been following this guy for quite a while and he uses trick to Trend his topics due to;

(1) He probably created 20 fake profiles and is following "himself."... You think its impossible? If he has 2 laptops and two phones, he only needs to install 5 different browsers on each of them to operate 5 fake profiles on each of them... Adding it up gives 20 profiles! Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Yandex, Uc Browser is enough for the job!... The only thing he needs to do is make sure the "fake profiles" views every thread he creates with his main moniker... Add it up to the few gullible ones who bought ebook and you have your answer! Once they view the threads simultaneously and it trends, real people who are greedy and wants to make quick will now start viewing it in trending... Voila EBOOK! Hustle don Pay!

(2) Most times by the way, he doesnt really need to create profiles.. He only needs to view the thread created by his main profile from five different browsers on 4 different gadgets simultaneously... Thats still 20 views in 3 seconds.. Albeit they will now be viewing as "GUESTS"... If you are doubting me, take a look at the attached images. Within 20 seconds of creating threads, only GUESTS WILL BE VIEWING!. You will also observe that the number of "GUESTS" will keep on rising!Wondering how he does this without getting tired or bored? Read number 3!

(3) He also probably uses a tool called "Auto reload Tab" in browsers..... Search it in browser addons... You will see varieties! The only thing you need to do with this tool is to set it to refresh every page every 3 second. With good internet speed, pages open in 3 seconds... Nairaland will be crawling it as "Real Views". So, just imagine having 20 different profiles on 5 different browsers refreshing a particular page every 3 second... Thats about 400 views in a minute! And 12,000 views in 30 minutes... Voila... Traffic! Nairaland will automatically be crawling the views!! Then real people will see the topic on trending... If you ask him a question, he refers you to his website where you buy ebook!! Voila... Hustle don pay.. Thats the end game!... YOU SEE AM? Co-operate street!...

Nigerians, please stay away from anything importation and entrepreneurship right now. Its very dangerous! you will bring in goods and no patronage. You know why? PEOPLE DONT HAVE ANY MONEY RIGHT NOW TO FEED NOT TO TALK OF BUYING STUFFS FROM IMPORTERS. Be Warned!

Agriculture, Farming, Handwork or Artisans (Barbing, Mechanic, Electrician, Mason, People that throw away dustbin)... These proffessions are the way forward! People Must Eat... Thats why Farmers are smiling to the bank everyday!. Please Listen to me oo!

Importers, Traders, Doctors, Lawyers, are not finding it funny right now! Be warned!

I wanted to post, but after I saw your message I thought to my self, what more can I say. No matter how it sounds Nigerians should stop listening to anyone that has IMPORT , in their name .

All those business ideas you mentioned there are what we need right now.
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Georgechris(m): 4:07am On Jul 29, 2016
George Christopher Fisheries : Contact us for construction of Ur Quality Tarpaulin fish ponds, fingerlings & mature cat fishes 07030815857.George
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Solomon61(m): 5:46am On Jul 29, 2016
Vick4rill:
this issue has been so flogged that it now sounds lyk the poems pupils sang at nursery school. sometimes i wondered if this entrepreneur preachers, use to decend from jupiter or wat why cant u guys be realistic for once? the time u waste advitising a system that is already been use by the majority should be channelled into discouragement of high rate of child birth in this country!! if u are going to be realistic for once, u will notice that majority of Nigerians, are already entrepreneurs. but yet we still ve the highest rate of poverty... why cant u think deep my frnd, and realise that over popuplation is our main problem... dnt u think is time a rule that prohibit high rate of child birth should be implemented? if we are nt careful we will end up over - hyping entrepreneurship just like we over hyped education in this country.
The population is the market, see china, india, brazil some others. Our country has enough resource to survive but its just capital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Distribusiness(m): 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2018
Realmcfynest:
Nope

I disagree with you op. We all cannot be entrepreneurs. You can only say we should be good at what we are doing.

If you own a business and no one to work with you as an emoloyee, how will your business grow?

Enjoy what you do, some were made to be entrepreneurs, others perfom better when they serve as employees...... What you just need to love what you do and aim to be better.

My reply to you, dear Realmcfynest . yes. It is impossible for all nigerians should own business. it is hard. God create both rich and poor people so that they can help one other in exchange for their value time. I dont think God can make the rich equally in the world. people need hands and money in exchange. But every one must think more like an investor and less like an employee. it is good. it will save your future in case that you are sacked or disappointed.

source: business, internet business and investment tutorials

https://investment4business..com
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by tck2000(m): 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
business
Re: Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! by Distribusiness(m): 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
To overcome the fear of joblessness, learn how to become a successful contract consultant in nigeria and make millionaire without looking for a white collar job, see this blog to read it will fasten you into doing business:

[url]How To Become A Millionaire Contract Consultant Even You Dropped Out Of School[/url]

https://investment4business..com/2019/06/how-to-start-consulting-business.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aminu Dantata: I Am Just Waiting For My Time, I No Longer Enjoy Life / Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving / Compare Nigeria's Naira To Other African currencie and Be Shocked At The Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.