Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,455 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) (28209 Views)

Car Falls Off A Bridge In Ibadan, Lands On A Commercial Bus (Pics) / Car Falls Inside Asejire Dam Along Ikire-ibadan Expressway Today / Car Falls 50 Feet Down A Gully In Benin City, Family Escapes Death (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Hollawaley(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
An unidentified driver and a passenger escaped death on Wednesday when a car they were travelling in fell off a bridge in Abuja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxwv6Kku3I

The vehicle missed the Jabi Lake by a few inches.

The accident occurred at about 10.am along the busy Shehu Yar’Adua Expressway opposite the Jabi Lake Mall.
An official of the Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, who witnessed the accident but pleaded not to be named because he was not authorized to speak on the matter, said the driver lost control due to over speeding.

“I was coming about a hundred meters away when the car flew off the neck of the bridge and disappeared down the cliff,” the officer told PREMIUM TIMES.

“The driver of the car was running very fast on the speed lane when another car interrupted him and he attempted to veer towards the service lane.

“He, however, lost control as the car swerved off the neck of the bridge and glided dangerously towards the lake and only stopped inches from the water.”

The official also confirmed that both the driver and the lone passenger in the vehicle came out alive and were taken to a nearby hospital.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/207630-video-two-hospitalised-car-falls-off-abuja-bridge.html

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by saintikechi(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
na god save them o ......
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by agitator: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
you try, wey d video na undecided undecided undecided
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by MadCow1: 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
I wish them quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Guyman02: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Naija; when the road is bad people lament about how the spend endless hours on the road, when the road is good they feel like FLYING on it embarassed

Why should anybody drive above 100km on that Jabi road with so many bridges? While we are thanking God for sparing their lives we should also be ready to charge them for attempted suicide when they fully recover and punish them appropriately, that way we can send the right message to careless drivers on our roads and save the lives of citizens.

Minister of State for Labour and his family were lost, El Rufai lost his son all due to over-speeding like this and just recently 3 young men were lost in the city center Maitama due to over-speeding when there vehicle slammed into a tree by Maitama General hospital fence and I could feel the grievous pain in the faces of their families when they came to the hospital.
People need to be punished for wrong driving and endangering their lives and others or we keep having this kind of occurrences.

24 Likes

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by dont8(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
The more reason we need to be very careful when driving, some accident are avoidable when we reduce our speed on the road.

Glory be to God that they are alive, I wish them quick recovery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by ORACLE1975(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Goodness
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by snazzy5050(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
the narator they learn work i swear undecided undecided
na force to talk for video seeing is enough!

2 Likes

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by uzo4real(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Wow
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by jasinto123(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by tuoyoojo(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
a colleague of mine had an accident in that area on the eve of last year

we should be careful not to be carried away by the wide smooth road we see in abuja

thank God he was not hurt

2 Likes

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by omogidi234(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
It is well oh.
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Akinola660: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Thank God for their lives. sad
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by fireforfire: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Can't see any bridge
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Pavore9: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Glad it did not end in the lake.
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by philchudi: 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
That car be like say dey pack am there ooooh. Anyway thank God for their life
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by anselm791(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
Somehow I think the FRSC officials were chasing him, I wish them quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Gabrielwilliams(m): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
! Its not asif dey didn't pray before leaving home o. God, we that are alive don't value what You are doing in our lives. We thank you God..
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by obadiah11(m): 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
may God grant them quick recovery
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by dont8(m): 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
tuoyoojo:
a colleague of mine had an accident in that area on the eve of last year

we should be careful not to be carried away by the wide smooth road we see in abuja

thank God he was not hurt
Carefulness is the key word, some of this accidents on our roads are most times avoidable. People need to be cautious all the time when handling the steering
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Feranchek(m): 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
Imagine. Make una dey slow down biko. Whenever I'm driving on a highway and I notice I'm going above 130, I just jejely and nwanyoly remove my leg from the throttle.

It's better to get there late than for your name to carry the tittle LATE

Only those that drive and drive fast will understand this....

SPEED INTOXICATE MORE THAN ALCOHOL!!

THE FASTER YOU GO, THE SWEETER AND COOLER AND AWESOME IT BECOMES!!

1 Like

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by comeandmarry: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Dey form Jason Statham for the transporter 2
Overspeeding kills we all know that
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Philinho(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Speeding without thinking is dangerous
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by anabellabul(f): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Thank God they're both alive. I'm sure the driver must have learnt some good lesson.

I usually complain whenever my boyfriend over speeds or try to form formula one on Lagos roads. And the way I'll scream ehn, he'll DEFINITELY slow down a bit.

So whenever we're going for an outing together, he'll threaten me with "if you like spend 5 hours on the mirror, you kuku know how I drive whenever we're running late" grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
Death everywhere.. Wish them speedy recovery.
Meanwhile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by steffans(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
Oh no..
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by mizzbouqui(f): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
Where is the bridge? undecided
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Johnny19: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
The occupants should thank their stars they did not fall into the lake
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by franco3075q(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Which hospital were they taken to, i wnt to question d driver
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by Segzyelnino(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
Lord have mercy......
Re: Car Falls Off Abuja Bridge (Video, Photos) by dadaijboy: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
Wishing dem quick recovery

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Ebonyi International Airport To Be Completed In 2022" - Governor Umahi (photos) / Aa / Bayelsa State International Airport Project On Amassoma/Tombia Street Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.