Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends (3307 Views)

7 Emerging Tech Jobs That Are Going To Pay Well In 2019 / Five Jobs That Will Be Extinct By 2028 / Top 8 Jobs With High Employment Chances For Fresh Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by tosyne2much(m): 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
With the current economic hardship of this nation, here are the categories of jobs that may turn Nigerians to become very stingy to family members and friends

1. Local Government Jobs

I trust that many of us whose fathers work in government parastatals will attest to the fact that they are usually very tight-fisted, thereby, coming up sorrowful stories of how the government has not paid their salary since 1985. Apart from the fact that my father pays my school fees, collecting money for miscellaneous requires gimmicks and tactics. In some cases, you will have to start telling irrelevant story of how Murtala Mohammed was assassinated in 1976 just to get N1, 000 out of his pocket. cheesy

2. Police Job

An average policeman has excessive desire for money and can 419 his own family members just to get money. If you're in dire need of money probably pay to your school fee or buy handouts and your last resort is your family member who is a policeman, always zero your mind that he will render financial assistance to you, rather, he will even look for a way to collect the one you have saved up. cheesy

3. Teaching Jobs

Most teachers (in exception to those working in reputable schools) can't boast of their income salary which triggers them to become very stingy. To be very frank and sincere, most government teachers' salary is relatively very low that they have to spend it wisely if not they will go into debts

4. Banking Jobs

An average banker in Nigeria will always complain of underpayment despite long hours of working coupled with the stress associated with the job. Most bankers I have come across are overly very stingy either to their girlfriends or friends. It's not because they choose to be but because the circumstances surrounding them warrant them to be stingy cheesy

5. Driving Jobs

As a conductor with 5 years working experience, I think I can relate to this. The stinginess of danfo drivers is not only limited to payment of taxes but also to themselves as well as their danfo buses which serves as their source of income. These will always look for every opportunity to cheat on government and passengers. They are too stingy that they can't et Driver's license and will do everything possible to avoid Road Safety/VIO, no extra tires and fire extinguishers in their danfo buses. cheesy

6. NEPA

NEPA officials are never contended with their salaries and will always look for every little opportunity to manipulate customers' electricity bills so as to load the money into their respective pockets. Some of them will even rent ladders for illegal operation and will go from one house to another collecting bribe from one house to another. The surprising thing is that these people don't spend this money on their wives and kids.

7. Sales/Marketing Jobs

This is a very job strenuous considering the restlessness and monthly target. After working tirelessly to meet provoking monthly targets, these people can murder anybody that comes to them for financial assistance.. Wristbangle can relate to this cheesy

8. Factory Jobs

The job owners will give you deadly and tasking work that can relegate you to six feet just because of the 5k they want to pay you per week. After surviving these strenuous work, when a pastor ask these people to pay tithes, they can provocatively murder the pastor because he has no idea of what they're going through to make money cheesy

I drop my pen at this junction

Feel free to add yours

cc
Lalasticlala

Original Writer: Tosyne2much

Source: http://tosyne2much..com/2016/07/with-current-economic-hardship-of-this.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by DanceVille: 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
FTC on my boss thread..

Lemme add mine

9. Food Seller

Nobody wants to buy food again due to what's happening in the country.. Food sellers are even hawking their food these days despite they have a shop.. Who knows maybe na them go eat am after hawking in the sun for almost 5hours without selling any portion out of it.

10. Hairdresser

Believe me.. Most Nigerian ladies can't afford to plait their hair... And this results to bad market for the hairdressers.Imagine them opening shops from 7am-6pm and they didn't have a single customer.Even a friend of mine that do plait her hair every week don cut am..

Lmao..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by wristbangle: 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
With the current economic hardship, most if not all guys don't spend on themselves let alone others. It's everyman for himself now.
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by hopeforcharles(m): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
But seriously the way things are going it will be difficult to spend on un serious issues,
Last weekend a chic has been calling me to come and crash with me, I have been postponing the meeting till last Sunday na me call am say I want make she show, then later when I think say this money way I go give this chic I fit use am buy new shirt or trouser, na so I call her tell am say bae make we postpond I no well, fever dey my body.
What Buhari don cause with him direction-less government.

1 Like

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by confistified(m): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by dexcira(f): 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
Who come remain undecided
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
[size=16pt]Off points angry[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by Cutehector(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tosin... well some of them I quite agree with, while some are totally off the hook...
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by johnwizey: 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nairaland Mod
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by patola080(m): 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
Lawyer too
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by RealJaneDoe: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
with the current state of the economy you can't blame them salary may not even be enough for them you'll start adding family
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by KillerBeauty(f): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
grin

Ashawo job nkor
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by tosyne2much(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
johnwizey:
Nairaland Mod
So you mean Lalasticlala will be very stingy to his household? cheesy
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by Aremu01(m): 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
tosyne2much:
So you mean Lalasticlala will be very stingy to his household? cheesy
Lol... I no de dr oooooo
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by harsysky(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
False!!! Stinginess emanates from within. A giver is a giver. If a job makes you to be stingy, it's just your true character, lurking within, waiting for a perfect time to emerge.

You could as well tell us Jobs that make one wicked...SMH

2 Likes

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
Op with the current economic situation ,everybody is now stingy o ..irrespective of their occupation ...I must confess my accounting skill has improved .."I 'll count 20k 4 times to make sure am not overpaying " embarassed

The country is getting too hard , I think I might have to relocate to Chad embarassed

1 Like

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by tosyne2much(m): 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sempumping:
Op with the current economic situation ,everybody is now stingy o ..irrespective of their occupation ...I must confess my accounting skill has improved .."I 'll count 20k 4 times to make sure am not overpaying " embarassed

The country is getting too hard , I think I might have to relocate to Chad embarassed
The current situation warrants one to be very prudent in spending cheesy
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by octopusfreaky(f): 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
harsysky:
False!!! Stinginess emanates from within. A giver is a giver. If a job makes you to be stingy, it's just your true character, lurking within, waiting for a time to emerge.

kinda true
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
tosyne2much:
The current situation warrants one to be very prudent in spending cheesy

Naso ooo ...

Nigeria 'll be Good again ,I believe

All those Old MEN running the country should all "eid" so that we know where we r headed ..
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
Cutehector:
Tosin... well some of them I quite agree with, while some are totally off the hook

I want to believe you really know what "off the hook" means? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by hopeforcharles(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
harsysky:
False!!! Stinginess emanates from within. A giver is a giver. If a job makes you to be stingy, it's just your true character, lurking within, waiting for a time to emerge.

What about cases where u don't even have enough, or ur salary barely sees you thru or u have not been paid? undecided
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
Obviously Tosyne2much's forte is at writing top ten romance articles, his write-up today about jobs is so off-point and baseless. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by harsysky(m): 10:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
hopeforcharles:

What about cases where u don't even have enough, or ur salary barely sees you thru or u have not been paid? undecided

Not having enough only reduces what you give out. In other words, not having much makes you give less but not stingy. There is this burning sensation that burns in the heart of those who give or help( those who give can relate to this); That sensation doesn't stop irrespective of what you have or being paid.

I still reiterate that those who cut down their giving nature to become stingy are actually stingy folks before waiting for the right time to unleash their stinginess or even the perfect scenario to go by it..

Lemme ask you a question: Do you judge one by his/her past actions or present actions?

An account in the bible that illustrate what I wana portray is the one of a father who asked his first son to do something and refused ...
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by harsysky(m): 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
LastMumu:
Obviously Tosyne2much's forte is at writing top ten romance articles, his write-up today about jobs is so off-point and baseless. undecided

You're so right , bro. Sticking to a Niche and perfecting in it is imperative. Going outta it could make one lose 0.001% of his/her fans, which in my opinion is muCh.

1 Like

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by hopeforcharles(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
harsysky:

Not having enough only reduces what you give out. In other words, not having much makes you give less but not stingy. There is this burning sensation that burns in the heart of those who give or help( those who give can relate to this); That sensation doesn't stop irrespective of what you have or being paid.

I still reiterate that those who cut down their giving nature to become stingy are actually stingy folks before waiting for the right time to unleash their stinginess or even the perfect scenario to go by it..

Lemme ask you a question: Do you judge one by his/her past actions or present actions?

An account in the bible that illustrate what I wana portray is the one of a father who asked his first son to do something and refused ...
I evaluate past and judge present. U don't still get me, what if I am payed 15k and it's not even enough for my upkeep do u expect me to give?
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by tosyne2much(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
harsysky:

You're so right , bro. Sticking to a Niche and perfecting in it is imperative. Going outta it could make one lose 0.001% of his/her fans, which in my opinion is muCh.
Good advice bro... Thank you

1 Like

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by harsysky(m): 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
hopeforcharles:

I evaluate past and judge present. U don't still get me, what if I am payed 15k and it's not even enough for my upkeep do u expect me to give?

I get you , brother. If you earn 15k, and you get to have one of your friend(s) who hasn't had anything to eat, won't you spare if you have any? You only give what you have and not what you don't.

If you have and fail to give, it's , to me, stinginess. Give and it shall be given unto you is a universal and natural law that shouldn't be toiled with.

I've met friends who don't earn anything ,and yet, they sacrificed what they had to do me a great favor. It's well with them already.
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by hopeforcharles(m): 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
harsysky:

I get you , brother. If you earn 15k, and you get to have one of your friend(s) who hasn't had anything to eat, won't you spare if you have any? You only give what you have and not what you don't.

If you have and fail to give, it's , to me, stinginess. Give and it shall be given unto you is a universal and natural law that shouldn't be toiled with.

I've met friends who don't earn anything ,and yet, they sacrificed what they had to do me a great favor. It's well with them already.
You can't give what u don't have,
I get the stingy part well,
Anyway blessed is the hand that giveth than the hand that taketh.
By the way U a Pastor, this one you are talking all giving,
I give when I see real need,
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by harsysky(m): 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
hopeforcharles:

You can't give what u don't have,
I get the stingy part well,
Anyway blessed is the hand that giveth than the hand that taketh.
By the way U a Pastor, this one you are talking all giving,
I give when I see real need,

I'm not a pastor, but a guy who has seen people whose heart of giving transformed from nothing to something. Mind you, giving isn't about monetary stuffs; it could be visiting sick, listening to a depressed, hugs, encouragement etc.

You know, Seun will continue to grow cos of the avenue he has created for people to even feed from. That's the idea behind successful stories. It starts with a giving-heart...
Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by prodiG(m): 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nice one tosyne2much

1 Like

Re: 8 Jobs That May Change Nigerians To Become Stingy To Family/Friends by policy12: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Banking job.. Those banker their stinginess no get part 2.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ECOWAS Massive Job Recruitment 2018-2019: Apply For Various Graduate Vacancies / How To Become Opay Agent Details And Information / Closing Date For Npower Batch C Stream 2 Fingerprint Capturing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.