Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman (30325 Views)

Uche Secondus Thanks God At Altar After Taking Over As PDP Chairman In Abuja / Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman / Court Sacks Makarfi/fayose Backed Ekiti Pdp State EXCO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by bashydemy(m): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
TippyTop:
Which Judge gave this ruling?

Yes> you guessed it, Okon Abang the world renown APC judge, posted to Abuja in January specifically for issues like these.

Anytime APC or aggrieved PDP members have a case they usually take it to Okon Abang.

Metuh ran to Abang knowing the open disgust she always display towards PDP
She ruled against Metuh (even though it was proven they were classmates)
She ruled against Ikpeazu
She ruled against Badeh
The list is endless.

[size=13pt]Buhari is not only killing the economy, the dullard is killing the judiciary too.[/size]
Shut up and be reasonable for once, So you want him to rule in favor of corruption abi? despite all the evidence against them you still blame the judge.. You are corruption yourself.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by ihatesycophant(m): 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:

The issue here is that the FHC confirmed that the convention was legally constituted hence the outcome of the NEC meeting remains binding.

May I remind you that the convention was convoked by Sheriff, who later resorted to self help by putting off the convention when he saw that he lost the support of the NEC and wouldn't get tenure extension.

NEC is the highest organ of the party that has the constitutional powers even to suspend the party's constitution hence I don't understand what Justice Abang Okon is trying to achieve with this divisive antics?
Mr. Man, NEC has no power to suspend party's constitution. It's only the highest decision making organ but not to suspend a binding rule that guide the party. Before any portion of the constitution can be alter, a constitution review committee is set up by the different organs of the party and no single organ can lay embargo on the constitution. Please go and read PDP constitution very well. INEC will never endorse such unitary constitution to run a party. Remember parties submit their constitution to INEC for ratification, if it doesn't go against the nation constitution.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by menxer: 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:
The authenticity of PDP NEC meeting that sack Sherrif has been endorsed by FHC Portharcourt which consequently sacked Sherrif hence Sherrif cannot be PDP Chairman unless a Court of Appeal sets aside the judgement of FHC Portharcourt

Judge Okon Abang has no legal right to sack Markarfi who has been confirmed as authentic interim chairman by a FHC sitting in Portharcourt.

Na wa.

So how come the Markarfi faction went to FHC PH, without appealing the ruling of the FHC Lagos?

You skimmed through the post I guess.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by emmaelectelect(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Justice Abang to the rescue. That convention will never hold. Sheriff for chairman, Bode George and Dokpesi for execution by firing squad. Say no to PDP beggars youth colony, no to Barcanista and Engineerboat. Yes to Conservative Revolution.

You-fly-with-Bubu yet your so worried about PDP case on ground
This is why APC cant implement the so-called-budget-of-Change and causing distraction by Jubrin

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by onatisi(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2016

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by MadamExcellency: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
bashydemy:
LOL guess you don't know court are superior to each other same way Police stations and the DPO's are superior to each other.

What nonsense comparison you cited up there. Courts of coordinate jurisdiction don't overrule each other rather the parties involved resort to self help by choosing to obey which judgement that was given in their favour.

Unfortunately, Sheriff lost the NEC and the party's support hence his vehicle has just arrived its garage while PDP's BOT, NEC and party delegates go ahead with their convention and elections of principal officers this coming August.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Lerumo: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:

You premise is wrong hence I don't know where to start in order to correct your inference.

Go and check the sequences and the prayers of individual plaintiff then comeback for debate.

On the issue of my debate skills and partisanship, It has been proven beyond time and again that my submissions on topical issues are 95% right hence your judgement is biased and wrong.

I wouldn't want to argue ceaselessly as I'm no lawyer but I read that even the CJN was not happy with the CJ of the FHC for assigning the case knowing there was a similar case in Lagos and this judge has said the same thing.
And I'm wondering y PDP now goes to Portharcourt anytime it needs favorable judgements.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Ola64(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
Fayoose! Fayoose!! Fayoose!!! I knew it! I saw it when u and Wike brought Sheriff that u don't love PDP. See what I'm saying? Kwontinue!
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
krendo:
This Justice Abang is an APC hatchet man

Markarfi will appeal and apply for stay of execution
respect the sanity of the Nigerian judicial system
what will become of the society if we start tagging Judges through political party lines
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by KAYD007(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
godunia:
Since INEC rejected Sheriff's candidate and recognized Makarfi's, my question is what is the legal implication of this judgement on Edo's governorship election.? PDP, causing confusion since the advent of democracy

Well, it means that PDP no longer have a candidate for the EDO governorship election...therefore my khaki wearing governor shall be re-elected un opposed via Godwin obaseki. wink
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by bashydemy(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
MadamExcellency:

What nonsense comparison you cited up there. Courts of coordinate jurisdiction don't overrule each other rather the parties involved resort to self help by choosing to obey which judgement that was given in their favour.

Unfortunately, Sheriff lost the NEC and the party's support hence his vehicle has just arrived its garage while PDP's BOT, NEC and party delegates go ahead with their convention and elections of principal officers this coming August.
Wow but you never say same when Saraki keep running from diffrent High court to the other.. About the jurisdiction of the court, Do you know FHC in Lagos already ruled in favor of Sheriff before Markafi camp run to GHC Porthacourt?
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by oluwole1211(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
I think sheriff has appealed the fhc portharcourt judgement so let's wait for court of appeal judgement I believe this will put an end to this crisis
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Davvymavvy(f): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
ihatesycophant:
In one way or the other it will favour the nation because by constitution a political party must have a chairman to field candidates into political positions and without one, the political party is non-existence. So whether for selfish interest is another ball game for another day but for now we're talking about impunity manifesting within political parties which MUST stop with immediate effect.

You don't treat some issues in isolation. You mentioned impunity as if the same impunity is not a product of selfish interest. Democracy is about representation guided by the constitution and when the act guiding its tenets is breached, a redress would be sought at the court for possible interpretation and correction. At the end, democracy becomes more stronger. You can't attained the level of democratic sophistication of the U.S without all these legal tussles, it's part of the system.

I know the above but when the purpose of court cases is actually not to correct the loopholes in the constitution , rather, but an attempt to buy justice for the sole purpose of self aggrandisement to the detriment of the welfare of the masses, then, such court redress is meaningless and shouldn't be used to distract the entire populace.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by megama: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by bashydemy(m): 9:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
menxer:

Na wa.

So how come the Markarfi faction went to FHC PH, without appealing the ruling of the FHC Lagos?

You skimmed through the post I guess.
No mind those wailers jare.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Dcomrade(m): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
tkconcept:
Don't see it that way. I for professionalism, and expertise when cases are filed in court, the practice is to send similar cases to a particular judge. This will help him understand the case better and determine all the grievances. Moreso being a vacation judge, all cases filed between now and end of August will be assigned to him.
OK,tnx for the enlightenment. Kudos.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Babatundecash(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
TippyTop:

Yes> you guessed it, Okon Abang the world renown APC judge, posted to Abuja in January specifically for issues like these.

Anytime APC or aggrieved PDP members have a case they usually take it to Okon Abang.

She ruled against Badeh
The list is endless.

[size=13pt]Buhari is not only killing the economy, the dullard is killing the judiciary too.[/size]
mehn!!! This guy skull is filled with ponmo....u're here blaming PMB for PDP woes......where were you when the two most notorious pdp Governors a person of wike and fayose brought sheriff to the party and there by insisting that sheriff must be install as pdp chairman......all Pdp governors including the bad mimiko were all singing sheriff praises and only for you to come here and blame PMB for PDP failed marriage.....as at yesterday it was reported on the daily headlines that metuh,oladipo and sheriff moves to stop pdp convention and what does that have to do with PMB.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by focus7: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
krendo:

Thank God you didn't accuse him of being from the north or south west. From the record Justice Abang is from the south south.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by bashydemy(m): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
Babatundecash:
mehn!!! This guy skull is filled with ponmo....u're here blaming PMB for PDP woes......where were you when the two most notorious pdp Governors a person of wike and fayose brought sheriff to the party and there by insisting that sheriff must be install as pdp chairman......all Pdp governors including the bad mimiko were all singing sheriff praises and only for you to come here and blame PMB for PDP failed marriage.....as at yesterday it was reported on the daily headlines that metuh,oladipo and sheriff moves to stop pdp convention and what does that have to do with PMB.
Bro don't mind those wailers jare, They Blame PMB even for inability to impregnate there wives.. They are celebrating Sheriff then we warn them not to celebrate Boko Haram Sponsor they never listen.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by precious1967(m): 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
fayose, buruji what next? pastor iyamu go and beg sheriff if u want to be pdp candidate in d forthcoming election in edo state
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by guiddoti: 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
drss:
black market judgement.
abang okon na APC tool in abuja. but when dem give dis ruling judiciary don resume from break
PDP must be foolish to carry their wahala give APC tool. But Abang is a ND naw.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Jaconja: 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
Why do things like this even need to happen to a party supposedly to be filled with senior citizens and learned people. What are they even fighting for. Is it for the interest of majority or a few catel. If they continue like this then I have no other option than to port because it is becoming a joke...
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by guiddoti: 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Pidggin:
APC your cup will be full soon
haha running over.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by pleasuremaster: 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
chosen6:
That judge is a charade. I know him when he was still in the federal high court annex, Ikoyi, Lagos. He has always presented him as a tools to be used. However, he is always acting busy and workahoic to cover up.

“Parties have an uncompromising duty to obey court order until it is set aside. The Lagos Division made orders on May 12 and 20, forbidding the PDP from removing the Sheriff-led Caretaker Committee. That order is still subsisting.
“Having regard to the order of the court, PDP had no lawful authority to hold the convention that led to the emergence of the Markafi-led Committee.
“The convention was unlawfully held and the Caretaker Committee was unlawfully and illegally appointed and could not take any legal decision for the PDP in view of the subsisting order of the Lagos Division of this court.
“Consequently, any action taken by the Markafi-led Committee, including the purported mandate for legal representation in this matter is hereby declared illegal.
“If the Markafi-led Caretaker Committee, as apostles of impunity, missed their way to the Port Harcourt division of this court, that court could not have conveniently assumed jurisdiction to set aside the earlier decision of the Lagos Division.
“I hold that the Port Harcourt division of this court cannot make an order to neutralise the potency of the Lagos Division of this court dated 12 and 20 May“.
Justice Abang said he would have voided the judgment of the Port Harcourt Division for being a nullity, assuming there was an application to that effect.
He warned politicians not to cause disaffection among judges of the High Court, saying “the culture of impunity must stop in this country..

So u all can see DAT he was the one DAT first gave a order b4 DAT of d portharcourt own

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by okorune(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2016
adioolayi:
This People are just not serious ... when you can't put your party
structures in order, how will you govern a local government not to
talk of country

They are just busy with legal tussle.. can this judgement also mean
that PDP has not candidate for EDO gubernatorial election

Well, APC are not there yet, we expect more from them...but the fact
is PDP is yet to be a match for them...Nigerians we really need
revolution.

I cannot agree less but in my own opinion the REVOLUTION has started gathering momentum. It is obvious this REVOLUTION is going on subtly, a non violent one 4 that matter. Here are d features of this revolution:
-people gradually becoming apolitical
-citizens are no more deceived with ethnicity and religion on political issues.
-we are beginning 2 appreciate d work of our institutions.
etc
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by fortunejum: 7:00am On Jul 29, 2016
Judges are confusing us on their judgment. With one are we believing?
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by ikwubaba: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2016
TippyTop:

She ruled against Badeh
The list is endless.

When a man steals your wife, the best revenge is to make sure he keeps her. PDP on their own brought in Sherrif saying he has the money war chest to rejuvenate the party. Now APC is ensuring you keep him. What then is the hullaballoo?

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Jaconja: 9:05am On Jul 29, 2016
ikwubaba:

When a man steals your wife, the best revenge is to make sure he keeps her. PDP on their own brought in Sherrif saying he has the money war chest to rejuvenate the party. Now APC is ensuring you keep him. What then is the hullaballoo?

True all they have to do is to recognize him the way it is ought to be other wise is not an option because Nigerians are watching in 3D Blu-ray
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by GhaliNaaba(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2016
krendo:
The stay of execution will be in favor of sherif. He was illegally removed and federal high court has reinstate him. So tell me what execution will stay. Lolllllll PDP is gone for gone in Nigeria soil.
Re: Court Sacks Makarfi As PDP Chairman by Angelb4: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Dcomrade:
Why always Abang? undecided

Why always i PH? See how they waste Rivers money on party wahala.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Gives N500K To Crippled Man Brutalized By Soldiers. Photo / 5 Houses In Abuja, 2 In Lagos… Abdulfatah’s Other Properties Marked For Seizure / Welcoming Ceremony For President Jonathan In China (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.