Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 PM

Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. (5727 Views)

Do You Need A Professional Wedding Dj In Lagos / Consider These Tips Before Choosing Your Wedding DJ / Your Best Wedding Dj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by soulfood(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
In over 12 years of DJing which began as a hobby for making extra cash during my youth service in Katsina and then translating to a passionate career that has seen me working for various clients, one major concern that unifies most clients is COST(How much will I pay?).

From the corporate giants to new parents or those getting married , every client wants the best monetary bargain possible for their party. Some would even trade quality sound and experience for inexperienced DJs and sound engineers, provided that will reduce the cost of DJ service. The end of such short sighted decisions is always hurts and disappointments to the clients.

I will share with readers here what to look out for when negotiating cost of DJ OR LIVE BAND for weddings, birthdays, naming, picnic, seminars, retreats, conference, promotions and more. This article is written using clients in Lagos and Nigeria as case study.

Maybe you are the one having a party or you have been delegated to organize vendors for an event. You are pressed on all sides with making the right choice of vendors that will make the day grand. You also may or may not be working with a budget.

Are you considering a celebrity DJ? A known name in entertainment circles that probably works with a music label? For the purpose of this article, I will be using a wedding as our sample event. If your concerns are about the hype and the status more than the professional art of DJing, then you can go for a celebrity DJ. Celebrity DJs charge as high as 1.5 million naira and not less than 450,000 naira.

Some celebrity DJs charge up to 5 million naira depending on the gig especially if it is a corporate client and if he is the one providing sound too. Be sure that he may end up making a guest appearance only as he has several DJs he has trained and often play at his events. So you want to ask yourself, why am I doing this? Do I want a great job or a DJ’s name? If you want a name, then we have several celebrity DJs we can provide for you at mynaijadj. If you want a great job and care less about the name, then the next costing for DJ services at weddings and other event is for you.

An industry standard professional DJ is someone who has provided DJ services for hundreds of clients with a 90% and above satisfaction rating. He may not be featuring in music videos and dropping singles with tuface and davidO, but he knows his job and delivers efficiently. He has a great knowledge of sound and music and will leave your guests satisfied.

The resident DJ at mynaijadj who happens to be writing this article falls in this category. Unlike celerity DJs who have fixed costs that are high and certain to cover their overheads, I am more flexible with prices hence the need to ask the client some questions before answering the popular question of “cost”.

1. Where is the location of the wedding or event?(This will determine commuting/transportation cost as we will be moving equipment and people)

2. What is the hall size and how many guests are expected? (This will help us know the quantity and specifications of equipment and tools to bring which will also determine required manpower. This is a major cost determinant for events and weddings)

3. What is the duration of the wedding or event? ( Finally the duration will inform when we set up and when we pack up as well as the service time in between)

When I have the answers to this question, I am able to give a very “user friendly” price. You really should not have to cut a neck for a good DJ or live band. But you should not be expecting a ridiculously low cost too. Anyone who employs sound and DJ services at a ridiculous price would get ridiculous services from such service providers. As a rule of thumb, I always say NO if a client is asking for a cost that will not work with the demands of the job.

It is never too early to start planning for your Wedding or any other upcoming event.

Source : http://mynaijadj.com/wedding-dj-cost-in-lagos-and-nigeria/

Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by soulfood(m): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2017
You can contact or book mynaija dj services using http://mynaijadj.com/hire-a-dj/ or call +234 8114840811. We offer Sound and DJ services at its best.
Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by MrRhymes101(m): 5:56am On Jun 14, 2017
soulfood:
You can contact or book mynaija dj services using the website or call 08114840811 if you are in Nigeria(use +234 code if you are outside outside Nigeria). We offer Sound and DJ services at its best.
I'm a wedding MC

Watch me MC weddings here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zNZfOwAvA
Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by soulfood(m): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
Call us for reliable and competent DJ and sound at your Beach party, picnics, bridal party, bachelors eve, house party, weddings, seminars, road shows, charity, birthdays and more. Call now- 08114840811-mynaijadj
Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by supaman04(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
MrRhymes101:
I'm a wedding MC

Watch me MC weddings here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zNZfOwAvA
wassup man, how can i reach ya.
Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by MrRhymes101(m): 12:22am On Jun 25, 2017
supaman04:

wassup man, how can i reach ya.
07068749370 u can call or WhatsApp. Tnx
Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by soulfood(m): 12:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
MynaijaDJ now offers online DJ services to satisfy our clientele. http://mynaijadj.com/online-dj/
Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by mynaijadj(m): 9:56am On Jul 01, 2018
You need to read the article above before hiring that DJ. You can contact or book mynaija dj services using http://mynaijadj.com/hire-a-dj/ or call +234 8114840811. We offer Sound and DJ services at its best
Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by mynaijadj(m): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
Do you have an upcoming event? We are the DJ and sound service providers to call. Call us today for all sizes and kinds of events.
Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by mynaijadj(m): 11:41am On Aug 28, 2018
let's do your event RIGHT

Re: Wedding DJ Cost In Lagos And Nigeria. by mynaijadj(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2018
Call MynaijaDJ for reliable DJing and sound at events. Check out signature below.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn Small Chops Cocktail & Barbecues.#5,000 In Lagos.15th & 16th Oct. 2013. / ` / Is He The Best Wedding MC In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.