Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:00 AM

Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court (35141 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Abuja High Court In Handcuffs Ahead Of His Bail Hearing.PICS / Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bashydemy(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2016
id911:
I am from Oron, the same place with the Hon. Justice Okon Abang. Mr Abang needs to know that these politicians using him now for their selfish interest wld later dump him and possibly rubbish his name when he is no longer willing to do their biddings.

Some of his rulings are controversial and questionable. I think the Edo State guber election is their target; they want to destroy the opposition camp and have easy ride on September 10
Think with your brain before you type next time, Who brought Sheriff to PDP and made him Chairman? Is it not the same PDP Governors (Fayose and Wike) to be precise trying to use him to spite some member and APC. They latter wanna dump him when he has invested in the party if na you will you allow your image to be rubbish like that? Just Yesterday Metuh, Oladipupo supported Sheriff to stop PDP convention. Are they APC member? or is it not the same Metuh you guys are supporting with your last blood just few month ago?

http://thenationonlineng.net/sheriff-oladipo-metuh-others-move-stop-pdp-convention/

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bashydemy(m): 12:08am On Jul 29, 2016
maestroferddi:
Can you mention one judge doing this kind of hatchet job for the PDP?

The decisions given in favour of of the PDP in the Supreme Court were unanimous decisions of panels of judges.

This Okon Abang is unashamedly and blatantly a pawn in the hands of APC puppeteers. He makes no attempt to disguise/hide the authorship of the script he is acting.
Hmmm Tribunal and appeal court rule against River election and order re run but supreme court say otherwise what do we call that? even after international observer ask for the cancellation of same election.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/international-observers-call-for-cancellation-of-rivers-gov-assembly-result/

Did APC raise any eyebrow?

About this rulling how did Abang favor APC in your assertion? is Sheriff an APC or PDP member?

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by blackpanda: 12:11am On Jul 29, 2016
Nairaland is setting a dangerous precedent by attacking a judge against whom u have no evidence of malpractice.

This is wrong. Judges are not politicians

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Ikechukwu48: 12:15am On Jul 29, 2016
saintkel:
Nonsense Judge, his ruling most time seems to favour APC

Maybe APC is bribing him?

He could be corrupt
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bashydemy(m): 12:42am On Jul 29, 2016
psucc:
The judiciary, expectedly is the last hope of the common man. But with the likes of Abang this hope us dashed. The worst is that when his utterances indicates his judgments.

If the judgement was in favor of Markafi you guys will hail the judgement abi? You cannot always eat your cake and still have it..

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by id911(m): 12:48am On Jul 29, 2016
bashydemy:
Think with your brain before you type next time, Who brought Sheriff to PDP and made him Chairman? Is it not the same PDP Governors (Fayose and Wike) to be precise trying to use him to spite some member and APC. They latter wanna dump him when he has invested in the party if na you will you allow your image to be rubbish like that? Just Yesterday Metuh, Oladipupo supported Sheriff to stop PDP convention. Are they APC member? or is it not the same Metuh you guys are supporting with your last blood just few month ago?

http://thenationonlineng.net/sheriff-oladipo-metuh-others-move-stop-pdp-convention/

When you are quoting, know the type of people you quote and your response to them!I have nothing to do with either APC or PDP, my statement was about Justice Abang’s many controversial jugdements and the need for him to leave these politicians to their fate and pronounce a fair judgment. My village and his are a working distance so i’m concern about him in the future bro
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by muller101(m): 3:09am On Jul 29, 2016
Splashme:
His CV looks dry
present ur wet CV pls.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by muller101(m): 3:13am On Jul 29, 2016
atirolu:
Is this cv?
A judge in nigeria ?
Shaking my head for nigeria
post bubu's own. There is something I want to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Splashme: 6:33am On Jul 29, 2016
id911:
I am from Oron, the same place with the Hon. Justice Okon Abang. Mr Abang needs to know that these politicians using him now for their selfish interest wld later dump him and possibly rubbish his name when he is no longer willing to do their biddings.

Some of his rulings are controversial and questionable. I think the Edo State guber election is their target; they want to destroy the opposition camp and have easy ride on September 10
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by osusuallstars: 7:15am On Jul 29, 2016
A POLITICAL JUDGE
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by maestroferddi: 7:26am On Jul 29, 2016
bashydemy:
Hmmm Tribunal and appeal court rule against River election and order re run but supreme court say otherwise what do we call that? even after international observer ask for the cancellation of same election.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/international-observers-call-for-cancellation-of-rivers-gov-assembly-result/

Did APC raise any eyebrow?

About this rulling how did Abang favor APC in your assertion? is Sheriff an APC or PDP member?
The Supreme Court is not a one-man court but adjudicates via a panel of eminent judges. Try to understand how the system works,

Dont compare apples to oranges...
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by maestroferddi: 7:28am On Jul 29, 2016
Goke7:

Truth is when the judge rules against your beloved party, he is scuttling democracy but when its in favour of PDP, it becomes a unanimous decision and democracy is upheld.

Too much double standards
You really have no point to make here...

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by fadipe2016: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2016
okon! the controversial judge
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Realist2: 8:01am On Jul 29, 2016
Splashme:
His CV looks dry

Exactly, very very dry CV, 2.2, no wonder he being used to destroy his career by mere tip pays from APC at the detriment of his integrity.
Anyway, this is the Last we will be hearing about him. He has murdered his Career, trust me!.
Even, his is a persona non grata in home.
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bashydemy(m): 8:20am On Jul 29, 2016
nkemdi89:
Very watery cv at his level, he looks like one who is only interested in the financial aspect of the profession. No any professional and educative research work credited in his name.
Pray you get to that level in your field of profession, Someone make it up to the level of Judge you say his CV is watery. I pity you.
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Getintouch2004(m): 8:39am On Jul 29, 2016
Splashme:
His CV looks dry
Am not alone with that thought anyways
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by qleap2all(m): 8:39am On Jul 29, 2016
kgr8mike:
The way your are going, Mr Oken Abang, is not good for you. Your judgments are putting Nigeria into more confusion. It is not good for you.

Why become a master of confusion, why Mr Okon Abang?

Please can you list some of the cases?
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bashydemy(m): 8:41am On Jul 29, 2016
id911:

When you are quoting, know the type of people you quote and your response to them!I have nothing to do with either APC or PDP, my statement was about Justice Abang’s many controversial jugdements and the need for him to leave these politicians to their fate and pronounce a fair judgment. My village and his are a working distance so i’m concern about him in the future bro
Well then you need not to be bias then, Even if he happen to be your immediate brother you might hate him cos of him achievement in life and decide to use it against him in any chance you get... I'll enlighten you more on what you don't know... After the useless convention in Porthacourt, Sheriff approach FHC Lagos and the court rule in his favor and sack Markaffi. This is the link below.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203993-breaking-pdp-crisis-court-sacks-makarfi-reinstates-ali-modu-sheriff.html

Instead of Markaffi faction to approach appeal court, They went to FHC Porthacourt ( Court of same jurisdiction) with same case and FHC porthacourt rule in favor of Markaffi. Here is the link below.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/court-bars-sheriff-as-pdp-chair-orders-recognition-of-markarfi-led-caretaker-committee/

Now tell me if you happen to be a Judge at the same level with abang and you are to rule on the same case what will you do? Abang yesterday ruling was not only Sacking Markafi, But he highlight the ruling of FHC Lagos and that of Porthacourt and blame the markafi faction of trying to put the Judges on a loggerhead knowing fully they are under the same jurisdiction. So what he did was to correct the useless rulling of FHC porthacout that since a FHC in Lagos have already rule in the case FHC porhacourt does not have the right to rule on same case instead they should approach the appeal court. maybe you need to go back and read his judgement again. I'll post it belowand highlight the areas for you.

post=47987687:
The leadership crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, deepened on Thursday, as the Federal High Court in Abuja, sacked the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee of the party.

The court, in a ruling by Justice Okon Abang, held that every action the Committee had taken since it emerged through a convention the party purportedly held in Port Harcourt on May 21, amounted to a nullity.

“Parties have an uncompromising duty to obey court order until it is set aside. The Lagos Division made orders on May 12 and 20, forbidding the PDP from removing the Sheriff-led Caretaker Committee. That order is still subsisting.

Having regard to the order of the court, PDP had no lawful authority to hold the convention that led to the emergence of the Markafi-led Committee.

“The convention was unlawfully held and the Caretaker Committee was unlawfully and illegally appointed and could not take any legal decision for the PDP in view of the subsisting order of the Lagos Division of this court.

“Consequently, any action taken by the Markafi-led Committee, including the purported mandate for legal representation in this matter is hereby declared illegal.

“If the Markafi-led Caretaker Committee, as apostles of impunity, missed their way to the Port Harcourt division of this court, that court could not have conveniently assumed jurisdiction to set aside the earlier decision of the Lagos Division.

“I hold that the Port Harcourt division of this court cannot make an order to neutralise the potency of the Lagos Division of this court dated 12 and 20 May“.

Justice Abang said he would have voided the judgment of the Port Harcourt Division for being a nullity, assuming there was an application to that effect.

He warned politicians not to cause disaffection among judges of the High Court, saying “the culture of impunity must stop in this country”.

“Ali Modu Sheriff is the National Chairman of the PDP. Any decision not taken by the Sheriff-led Committee is not binding on the PDP”.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/28/breaking-court-sacks-markafi-affirms-sheriff-pdp-national-chairman/

Now you need to read the above again this time carefully and follow the bold with clean heart and let me know what you understand or what you don't understand about the rulling.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by kgr8mike(m): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2016
qleap2all:

Please can you list some of the cases?

Abia is in confusion - Two governors,
And now PDP is in confusion - Two chairmen.

A Judge is in the place of God. And justice is pure before God and man. Justice is never controversial. It's clean and not a mixture.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by qleap2all(m): 8:54am On Jul 29, 2016
Justice abang okon judgments : independentnig.com/2016/07/07/justice-okon-abang-latest-craftsman-of-controversies/
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bashydemy(m): 8:55am On Jul 29, 2016
maestroferddi:
The Supreme Court is not a one-man court but adjudicates via a panel of eminent judges. Try to understand how the system works,

Dont compare apples to oranges...
Well you are right but remember the one of the Supreme court judge is Peter Odili wife who happen to one of Wike God Father and a strong enemy of Ameachi. try to read this link and see reason's for yourself.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/198367-dakuku-peterside-actually-said-ex-governor-odili-wife-rivers-apc.html
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bakila: 8:56am On Jul 29, 2016
Splashme:
His CV looks dry
It is not dry, you could not read what it contained therein.
Twenty years of private legal practice no be beans. He was also a clerk and teacher, the three explains his abhorrence for corruption.
I repeat 20 years of legal practice is dent of hardwork; he did not cut corners.
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bakila: 9:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Getintouch2004:

Am not alone with that thought anyways
If you know how the legal profession works you will not say so. Twenty years in private practice at the bar is no joke. It is consistent research, application of facts to law, argument against lawyers before judges and tribunals and law office management.
You may tell us what a rich Judge CV should be.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by qleap2all(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2016
kgr8mike:

Abia is in confusion - Two governors,
And now PDP is in confusion - Two chairmen.

A Judge is in the place of God. And justice is pure before God and man. Justice is never controversial. It's clean and not a mixture.

Yes it seems the Abia case is an aberration but what should the judge have done, ignore the tax issue? Let's wait for the Appeal court verdict. You will recall not until the Appeal court upheld his judgment on Metuh does he pledge to return his own share of the yam.
In the first instance, how did Sheriff got to that position and was the process to remove him justified and fair in the face of the law?

Let's see the man Justice Abang Okon and his judgments here : independentnig.com/2016/07/07/justice-okon-abang-latest-craftsman-of-controversies/
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by dekunleJ: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2016
post your own CV make we see am.
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by nkemdi89(f): 9:34am On Jul 29, 2016
bashydemy:
Pray you get to that level in your field of profession, Someone make it up to the level of Judge you say his CV is watery. I pity you.
As far as am concerned the cv is watery, keep your sentiment to yourself, are you telling me there are no other legal personnel within his cadre who could be appointed as a judge? He will only be recognised as a judge and not a legal luminary. I don't know how lazy you are but for me I am not and I will strive to boost my cv in my field of work.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Splashme: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2016
Splashme:
***Modified***
[b]1) Nigerians should know that Justice Okon Abang is deliberately engaging in acts of derailing the Country’s democracy given the fact that his Court is not an Appeal Court that can set aside any Judgment. He has penchant for abuse of court processes and actions of legal impunity.

2) This Judge Nigerians will recall, issued Judgment against the Governor of Abia State that led to INEC re-issuing another Certificate of Return to a man who did not contest election thereby causing unnecessary hardship on the people of that State.

3) He also issued an Order to INEC to recognize Senator Sheriff’s candidates in Edo and Ondo states before they could even plan their purported congress in Edo.

4) In today’s Case, this same Judge out rightly denied the PDP representation in Court which is unheard of by serving the Plaintiff (Sheriff & Co.) who instituted the Case also as PDP (defendants). His excesses are extremely absurd, strange and unbecoming of a Judge who enjoys putting the Judiciary on the spot. [/b]

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by onatisi(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2016
Realist2:

Exactly, very very dry CV, 2.2, no wonder he being used to destroy his career by mere tip pays from APC at the detriment of his integrity.
Anyway, this is the Last we will be hearing about him. He has murdered his Career, trust me!.
Even, his is a persona non grata in home.
This is the problem with Nigeria and one big reason why the future of Nigeria looks very very bleak and that is blame passing, even buhari keeps blaming his absolute stupidity on pdp 16 years rule and now pdp is blaming the law courts for their inability to get their house in order. What many dont realize is that both factions within pdp fighting for control of the party already have their exit plan from the party secured. If truly both factions really love pdp as been claimed what stops them from settling this matters out of court and make the pdp like a family. But instead they keep going to court all the time ,knowing fully well that these actions will make them lose forthcoming elections . This is how they will be doing till 2019.
Like I said last year all these factions are only doing what they are paid to do and which is to destroy pdp. Very soon many senators and house of rep will cite the fictionalization of pdp as an excuse to decamp to apc.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by dadaijboy: 10:58am On Jul 29, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by lexyclasy: 11:44am On Jul 29, 2016
maestroferddi:
It is unfortunate that this judge is offering himself as a willing tool in the hands of dictatorial elements trying to scuttle our hard-won democracy.

When his downfall dawns, he will discover to his chagrin, that there would no-one to sympathize with him on the cinch of comeuppance.
Honestly i know ORON for producing credible men like Prof. OKON UYAH (NEC), IGP ETIM INYANG, DR. MFON AMANA, ENGR. EDET AMANA, and are all great ambassadors....this OKON ABANG of a judge is a shame to ORO NATION and AKWA IBOM at large......Just enjoy while it last, but remember people like Justice EDEM-EKONG EDEM-EKONG, Justice UDO UDOMA, this are men that valued integrity than ill gotten wealth....mark my word APC are celebrating you today....Go and ask TINUBU how far the result is CJN-North, SPN-North, SHOR-North, NIS-North, NCS-North, NPS-North, DSS-North, EFCC-North, COAS-North, CAS-North, NSA-North, IGP-North, FRSC-North, FIRE SERV.-North, NSCDC-North, NEMA-North, SGF-North, NPA-North, GMD NNPC-North, FIRS-South,NIMASA-South, CNS-South, CDS-South, ICPC-South, Film Academy-North/Scraping since it doesnt worth citing in South,Keep doing Hatchet jobs your eye will clear one day....MAN which is at your backyard is not worth upgrading to degree awarding but NDA KADUNA and police college KANO is suitable for Degree awarding Foolz

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by TRACK: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Justice Abang should know that when rulings are not peaceable and does bring out peace; there is problem somewhere. He appears more partisan than judge in court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Reacts To Buhari’s Performance During Live Interview On The Candidates / Orji Kalu: I Can Bring Nnamdi Kanu Back To Nigeria, Convince Him To End Biafra / Theophilus Momoh Arrives His Wedding Reception In A Keke NAPEP (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.