Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End (5255 Views)

High End Gaming Laptop Needed / Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. / What To Consider Before Buying Ps4 Console ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by francisbiz: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hi gamers,
I am saving seriously for a game gadget, but I am confused, between Ps4 console and Gaming laptop.
please I want informed advice on which to go for, based on game fun, long-run economy and durability etc
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by youngest85(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
only buhari can relate to dat
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by AKBliv010(m): 12:45am On Jul 29, 2016
francisbiz:
Hi gamers,
I am saving seriously for a game gadget, but I am confused, between Ps4 console and Gaming laptop.
please I want informed advice on which to go for, based on game fun, long-run economy and durability etc
A gaming laptop can cost 4 to 5 times the cost of a PS4. So it's up to how much you wish to spend.
I personally will go for a proper gaming laptop, why?
Game fun- free cracked games are available
Long-run economy - you may not have to pay for games and if you do, you can get them about 50% less than PS4 games
Durability- will depend on your budget, reputable brands will last long if well taken care of.
Mobility - game any where and can be connected to a monitor too.

Some reputable brands - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/laptops-and-tablets/gaming-laptops

1 Like

Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by francisbiz: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2016
AKBliv010:

A gaming laptop can cost 4 to 5 times the cost of a PS4. So it's up to how much you wish to spend.
I personally will go for a proper gaming laptop, why?
Game fun- free cracked games are available
Long-run economy - you may not have to pay for games and if you do, you can get them about 50% less than PS4 games
Durability- will depend on your budget, reputable brands will last long if well taken care of.
Mobility - game any where and can be connected to a monitor too.

Some reputable brands - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/laptops-and-tablets/gaming-laptops
Thanks bro!
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by shuggah(m): 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
a gaming laptop is d best, and ur choice of gaming laptop would depend on ur pocket nd on d nature of games u play, I bought an Omatek laptop this year January for a paltry sum of 35k because d owner felt d laptop was nt classy, it's specifications re nt high end but with d help of ultra game launcher and dxcpl, I run all types of soccer games nd my favourite action nd racing games, just check d games u play then check der minimum requirements then post them here for further advice.

1 Like

Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by 3KINGZ18: 8:39am On Aug 12, 2016
francisbiz:
Hi gamers,
just be prepare to save as hell if you are to get a gaming pc,i advise you to go with d ps4 atleast it still have the console life of 4yrs or more compared to a gaming pc which requires upgrade of hardware almost every year.the money alone used to set up a gaming pc can be used to buy a land so rethink man #ps4alltheway

2 Likes

Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by AKBliv010(m): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2016
3KINGZ18:
just be prepare to save as hell if you are to get a gaming pc,i advise you to go with d ps4 atleast it still have the console life of 4yrs or more compared to a gaming pc which requires upgrade of hardware almost every year.the money alone used to set up a gaming pc can be used to buy a land so rethink man #ps4alltheway
Upgrade every year!? It's a gaming laptop , the most he'd possibly upgrade is the RAM and that doesn't need changing annually shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by 3KINGZ18: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2016
AKBliv010:

Upgrade every year!? It's a gaming laptop , the most he'd possibly upgrade is the RAM and that doesn't need changing annually shocked
anyhw sha i see you are a fanboy of pc gaming #ps4Rocks
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by francisbiz: 10:19am On Aug 12, 2016
shuggah:
a gaming laptop is d best, and ur choice of gaming laptop would depend on ur pocket nd on d nature of games u play, I bought an Omatek laptop this year January for a paltry sum of 35k because d owner felt d laptop was nt classy, it's specifications re nt high end but with d help of ultra game launcher and dxcpl, I run all types of soccer games nd my favourite action nd racing games, just check d games u play then check der minimum requirements then post them here for further advice.
First,please what is ultra game launcher and dxcpl? Elaborate

I know systems could be upgraded but can a HP 635 be made to play games like GTA-5, PES 2016 etc
I appreciate in advance
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by shuggah(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
francisbiz:

First,please what is ultra game launcher and dxcpl? Elaborate

I know systems could be upgraded but can a HP 635 be made to play games like GTA-5, PES 2016 etc
I appreciate in advance
first of all which type of games do u play? and do u try out new games? I dnt knw d specs of HP 635 but if it has at least 4gb Ram nd 2.00ghz processor and then d graphics card too nd d vram exceed 1gb then get it... with ultra game launcher nd dxcpl u can play any game even d ones nt matching ur system bt d demerit is that u can only play it wt electricity, I said all that above incase u dnt hav a very bogus budget.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by Naijji: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
freshout1:

ALL GAME freaks OUT....I HAVE FOR SALE A PS4 GAME WITH CLEAN PADS....‪#‎ps4alltheway‬........asking price very tempting.....09032202170

Baba how far. Called your number earlier, didn't go thru. Interested
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by emyyd: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2016
freshout1:

ALL GAME freaks OUT....I HAVE FOR SALE A PS4 GAME WITH CLEAN PADS....‪#‎ps4alltheway‬........asking price very tempting.....09032202170

How far. You sell 70k?
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
I personally won't encourage anyone to get a PC.

Or just get a ps4 first first.

Because frankly speaking, PC gaming ain't gaming
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by KazukiIto(m): 1:21am On Aug 16, 2016
3KINGZ18:
anyhw sha i see you are a fanboy of pc gaming #ps4Rocks
Ni*ga shush! You've made no point. With a gaming laptop all you can ever change is the RAM, battery or charger. Sony fanboy.

2 Likes

Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by 3KINGZ18: 3:59am On Aug 16, 2016
KazukiIto:

Ni*ga shush! You've made no point. With a gaming laptop all you can ever change is the RAM, battery or charger. Sony fanboy.
yh am proud of dat
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by 3KINGZ18: 7:54am On Aug 17, 2016
KazukiIto:

and i guess u dnt knw u can upgrade ur graphics card even ur gpu.i guess u dnt knw dat*smh*
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by Nihilist: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
Gaming laptops are ridiculously expensive.

I just picked a HP Omen last week for just over 1000 Pounds. That's with 16gb DDR4 Ram and an Nvidia GTX965M card.

I really wanted the 980M card as that would be future proof, but I didn't think the extra 400 pounds outlay was good value for money, as I only play FM and Total War on my laptop anyway.

I would advise you to go for a PS4. Used games are easily available and affordable, and you can keep up with the latest games while enjoying decent graphical fidelity.

1 Like

Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by AKBliv010(m): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nihilist:
Gaming laptops are ridiculously expensive.

I just picked a HP Omen last week for just over 1000 Pounds. That's with 16gb DDR4 Ram and an Nvidia GTX965M card.

I really wanted the 980M card as that would be future proof, but I didn't think the extra 400 pounds outlay was good value for money, as I only play FM and Total War on my laptop anyway.

I would advise you to go for a PS4. Used games are easily available and affordable, and you can keep up with the latest games while enjoying decent graphical fidelity.

I'd like to know why you got a laptop rather than 3 - 4 PS4's that can be put in each bedroom of your house. Lol...no seriously why a laptop not a console. It's a bit ironic.
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by Nihilist: 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
AKBliv010:

I'd like to know why you got a laptop rather than 3 - 4 PS4's that can be put in each bedroom of your house. Lol...no seriously why a laptop not a console. It's a bit ironic.

I have a PS4 for regular gaming needs.
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by AKBliv010(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nihilist:

I have a PS4 for regular gaming needs.

I like that, best of both worlds. I get the feeling if one has the funds why not go for both.

Judging from OP's title he doesn't seem to have an issue getting a high end gaming laptop so why advise a PS4 when you have both?

With a £1000 could have built you one with a GTX 1070 in it.
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by Nihilist: 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
AKBliv010:

I like that, best of both worlds. I get the feeling if one has the funds why not go for both.

Judging from OP's title he doesn't seem to have an issue getting a high end gaming laptop so why advise a PS4 when you have both?

I didn't get the impression that the OP was fully aware of how much a 'gaming' laptop can cost these days, otherwise he would know the answer to his own question.

I didn't want a Desktop machine. My PS4 is setup in a spare bedroom and serves as my fixed gaming solution. I just wanted something that I could play strategy games on, in the living room, while my wife watches her boring soaps.
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by 3KINGZ18: 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
AKBliv010:

dude hw do u have so much hatred for console,asin i dnt just get.nilhilst was just trying to tell those gamers who are thinking of going for pc as a gaming console to keep clear of it if they dnt have enough budget,man u so much hate consoles
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by Nihilist: 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
3KINGZ18:
dude hw do u have so much hatred for console,asin i dnt just get.nilhilst was just trying to tell those gamers who are thinking of going for pc as a gaming console to keep clear of it if they dnt have enough budget,man u so much hate consoles

Pretty much.

For 1049 pounds, the gaming performance I get out of my laptop is probably less than what is obtainable on a PS4 that cost 700 pounds less at launch 3 years ago.

I read that the OP is saving up for a machine. I reiterate that the PS4 offers superior value for money from a gaming perspective.

A laptop that would match or surpass PS4 gaming performance would be hovering too close to the million Naira mark than most people would find comfortable at today's exchange rate.
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by AKBliv010(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
3KINGZ18:

Lol...I don't hate consoles. Getting the Xbox One Scorpio next year.

If I had the money it'd be a gaming laptop no doubt.

Hate is such a strong emotion though, I tend to dislike grin
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nihilist:

Pretty much.

For 1049 pounds, the gaming performance I get out of my laptop is probably less than what is obtainable on a PS4 that cost 700 pounds less at launch 3 years ago.

I read that the OP is saving up for a machine. I reiterate that the PS4 offers superior value for money from a gaming perspective.

A laptop that would match or surpass PS4 gaming performance would be hovering too close to the million Naira mark than most people would find comfortable at today's exchange rate.

Not entirely!

A gaming laptop like the "Republic of gamers" beast is cost at 500 grand.

*remodified! The guy is a crook, see wetin buhari don cause. From 500 grand at yesterday, to 800k today! Oh my God!

https://www.nairaland.com/3271875/asus-republic-gamers-worlds-1st

Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by KazukiIto(m): 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
3KINGZ18:
and i guess u dnt knw u can upgrade ur graphics card even ur gpu.i guess u dnt knw dat*smh*

In a laptop, you bet I don't know.
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by 3KINGZ18: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
KazukiIto:

In a laptop, you bet I don't know.
so whatsup wit d statement telling me to shush up
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by KazukiIto(m): 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
3KINGZ18:
so whatsup wit d statement telling me to shush up
smh
Re: Ps4 Console Vs Gaming Laptop-high End by 3KINGZ18: 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
KazukiIto:
smh
i tot so

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Active instagram accounts for sale. Twitter, Tiktok. / Wow! This Is Incredible! 10 Million Naira Winner On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire! / Please Help Out With My Play Station 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.